(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 184.
#5601 3 years ago

1st 2 mods arrived & already in but this shaker doesn't feel nice like the 1 in my ac/dc. Not sure if this is an aftermarket brand or if I just need to make adjustments. As it is now, I'd rather disconnect it.

20200627_133920 (resized).jpg20200627_133920 (resized).jpg
#5602 3 years ago

Aloha All,

For those who bought the topper and also running Tim's Audio in 1.0 does the topper continue with the letters lit onto the next game??

or

Do you have to have 1.01 for it to save the letters to get to goat mania? and lose Tim's Alt Audio.

Thanks.

#5603 3 years ago

spinning 1 of the shaker weights 180 from the other gave a subtle shake. it was fine. at 90 from each other I think it was more TRex appropriate.

#5604 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

1st 2 mods arrived & already in but this shaker doesn't feel nice like the 1 in my ac/dc. Not sure if this is an aftermarket brand or if I just need to make adjustments. As it is now, I'd rather disconnect it.
[quoted image]

Mutt any chance you could provide a close up shot of that external volume controls connectors? I have most of those parts on hand and would love to make one myself... just want to be sure of the wires and how they are connected.

#5605 3 years ago

Possibly stupid question. Is there a feature adjustment for the Slingshot "sensitivity"? I see one for Slingshot Power but I'm unsure if that adjusts how hard the slingshot slings the ball when triggered or if it adjusts amount of force the ball has to contact it with in order to trigger the slingshot/sling the ball at all. Or maybe there's another setting I'm not seeing? I'm looking for a way to adjust the latter. It's just way too sensitive IMO to the point of frustrating at times. I also wonder if my swapping those rubbers out for Superbands has made them worse/more sensitive. Appreciate any insight!

#5606 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Possibly stupid question. Is there a feature adjustment for the Slingshot "sensitivity"? I see one for Slingshot Power but I'm unsure if that adjusts how hard the slingshot slings the ball when triggered or if it adjusts amount of force the ball has to contact it with in order to trigger the slingshot/sling the ball at all. Or maybe there's another setting I'm not seeing? I'm looking for a way to adjust the latter. It's just way too sensitive IMO to the point of frustrating at times. I also wonder if my swapping those rubbers out for Superbands has made them worse/more sensitive. Appreciate any insight!

Each sling has two leaf switches sticking up from under the playfield. It is simply how close those are gaped that will determine the sensitivity.
A leaf switch adjustment tool works great but you can just stick a small screwdriver down between the leafs and make them stay more open then closed.
If the ball has to push the rubber ring further inward to make contact, the sling will not fire as quickly.

#5607 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Each sling has two leaf switches sticking up from under the playfield. It is simply how close those are gaped that will determine the sensitivity.
A leaf switch adjustment tool works great but you can just stick a small screwdriver down between the leafs and make them stay more open then closed.
If the ball has to push the rubber ring further inward to make contact, the sling will not fire as quickly.

Ah ok I think that makes sense, thanks Arcade ! I wish there was a menu setting adjustment instead as I would hate to break these completely. Just so I'm clear, you're saying increase the gap(s) like so with a flat-head screwdriver? (see screenshot)

2020-06-28_11-11-11 (resized).png2020-06-28_11-11-11 (resized).png
#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Ah ok I think that makes sense, thanks arcade ! I wish there was a menu setting adjustment instead as I would hate to break these completely. Just so I'm clear, you're saying increase the gap(s) like so with a flat-head screwdriver? (see screenshot)
[quoted image]

Correct. That is the gap you are trying to increase.
Use the screwdriver towards the bottom where the wood is. Go slowly. This is regular maintenance stuff that it's worth knowing how to do. As long as you have the game off you won't do any real damage.
You might have to try a couple times to get it to your liking.

This is the tool mentioned. Don't need it, but worth having if you are going continue with this addiction
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#5609 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

mutt any chance you could provide a close up shot of that external volume controls connectors? I have most of those parts on hand and would love to make one myself... just want to be sure of the wires and how they are connected.

I'd have to pull it out of the machine but when I get home I'll see what I can do. basically it has a male & female connector on it. it connects at the inside door controls. you unplug the existing harness under the inside door controls & plug that into the new volume harness. then plug the other connector to the in door buttons. I don't see any reason why you could just intercept those wires & use vampire crimps to tap into them.

#5610 3 years ago

I feel like I’m going crazy here:

Some games I’ve helped work on when you open the door the menu automatically pops up.

I feel like I remember my JP LE doing that early on when I got it but now when I open the coin door the menu doesn’t open unless I push the button on the coin door to navigate the menu. So it no longer says “48v disabled” when I open the door - am I nuts? Has JP never done that and I’m just thinking of other Stern games?

#5611 3 years ago
Quoted from r00DVM:

I feel like I’m going crazy here:
Some games I’ve helped work on when you open the door the menu automatically pops up.
I feel like I remember my JP LE doing that early on when I got it but now when I open the coin door the menu doesn’t open unless I push the button on the coin door to navigate the menu. So it no longer says “48v disabled” when I open the door - am I nuts? Has JP never done that and I’m just thinking of other Stern games?

There are different settings on how the game acts to the coin door opening. By default it would do the "48v disabled" but you can change that and it sounds like yours was changed.

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

There are different settings on how the game acts to the coin door opening. By default it would do the "48v disabled" but you can change that and it sounds like yours was changed.

That would make sense but I can’t find the setting and I just did “reset all settings” and it did not fix the “problem” (so I lost my high scores for no reason lol)

#5613 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I'd have to pull it out of the machine but when I get home I'll see what I can do. basically it has a male & female connector on it. it connects at the inside door controls. you unplug the existing harness under the inside door controls & plug that into the new volume harness. then plug the other connector to the in door buttons. I don't see any reason why you could just intercept those wires & use vampire crimps to tap into them.

Don't go to that much trouble... I looked it up on their website and they've got a video on there, I'm pretty close to trying this. It looks like the ran 2 wires for each post on the volume switch into both of the connectors and then ran the common wires that didn't need to go to the switch between the two connectors. Was just looking for a picture of the that to confirm my suspicion. Appreciate the response.

#5614 3 years ago

Here's a topper been working on EightBallTexas ask me to see what I could come up with. Still working on getting gate to open when activated. Quick vid working.

IMAG1570 (resized).jpgIMAG1570 (resized).jpg

#5615 3 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Here's a topper been working on EightBallTexas ask me to see what I could come up with. Still working on getting gate to open when activated. Quick vid working.
[quoted image]

Looking good ........nice option that's not the norm.

#5616 3 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

[quoted image]

Wow. That is amazing. This is the direction Stern should have taken.
I would maybe make the doors and stone look a bit more textured and worn and throw a Pteranodon over those trees on the right.
Fantastic work though for a home made topper.

#5617 3 years ago

Okay it only took over a year but I’m finally in and all I can say it’s was worth the wait. Amazing game. My LE came last week and my son is really happy

793FE1C2-EA34-4C1F-9890-6039CBA34365 (resized).jpeg793FE1C2-EA34-4C1F-9890-6039CBA34365 (resized).jpeg834862DA-E8AF-4E4C-B4F9-638DBE6F383F (resized).jpeg834862DA-E8AF-4E4C-B4F9-638DBE6F383F (resized).jpegCC7867A0-593C-4F2C-8361-CDECBCD525D6 (resized).jpegCC7867A0-593C-4F2C-8361-CDECBCD525D6 (resized).jpeg
#5618 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Correct. That is the gap you are trying to increase.
Use the screwdriver towards the bottom where the wood is. Go slowly. This is regular maintenance stuff that it's worth knowing how to do. As long as you have the game off you won't do any real damage.
You might have to try a couple times to get it to your liking.
This is the tool mentioned. Don't need it, but worth having if you are going continue with this addiction
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

ectobar Using the screwdriver method ever so carefully worked. I also re-attached the stock rubber rings. I can now finally catch the ball when it lightly touches the slingshot instead of it being slinged annoyingly/unexpectedly. Now when the ball hits either with an appropriate force, they sling away as expected. THANK YOU! This is a gameplay changer to say the least. I will also say that I now understand why a tool was made. With the screwdriver method, one could accidentally "disable" the slingshot entirely by bending too far or damage the switch entirely. So good tool callout there. I'm going to play with the stock rubbers for a while then try my super bands again later to see if there's a difference in gap. One thing I noticed early on when installing the superbands is that they seemed "stressed" at the connecting pegs... as if they were "smaller" than the stock ones (but they are not). What I mean is that with the superbands, they seemed to press the forward part of the switch further back than with the stock rings (in turn, closing the connection between the back of the switch and making it more "sensitive" to hits).

#5619 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

ectobar Using the screwdriver method ever so carefully worked. I also re-attached the stock rubber rings. I can now finally catch the ball when it lightly touches the slingshot instead of it being slinged annoyingly/unexpectedly. Now when the ball hits either with an appropriate force, they sling away as expected. THANK YOU! This is a gameplay changer to say the least. I will also say that I now understand why a tool was made. With the screwdriver method, one could accidentally "disable" the slingshot entirely by bending too far or damage the switch entirely. So good tool callout there. I'm going to play with the stock rubbers for a while then try my super bands again later to see if there's a difference in gap. One thing I noticed early on when installing the superbands is that they seemed "stressed" at the connecting pegs... as if they were "smaller" than the stock ones (but they are not). What I mean is that with the superbands, they seemed to press the forward part of the switch further back than with the stock rings (in turn, closing the connection between the back of the switch and making it more "sensitive" to hits).

Good stuff. The same principle is used on basically everything in the game. If some of your targets or pops aren't as sensitive as you'd like, adjust the switch.

#5620 3 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

Okay it only took over a year but I’m finally in and all I can say it’s was worth the wait. Amazing game. My LE came last week and my son is really happy
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Who is that guy!!!

732E6E45-7E5C-4D26-BB1D-C4BA6E2DAF11 (resized).png732E6E45-7E5C-4D26-BB1D-C4BA6E2DAF11 (resized).png
#5621 3 years ago

A couple times the past few days I’ve had a T-Rex event (other than T-Rex MB) start when the catch wasn’t made. I checked my settings and confirmed Game Adjustment #22 (T-Rex Event Starts on Ramp Enter) is still set to “No”. I know only T-Rex MB is supposed to start without a catch when the entrance opto is tripped. Any ideas? Can the mouth opto be tested in the switch test? I can’t figure out how to test that one since the mouth is closed in switch test.

#5622 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

A couple times the past few days I’ve had a T-Rex event (other than T-Rex MB) start when the catch wasn’t made. I checked my settings and confirmed Game Adjustment #22 (T-Rex Event Starts on Ramp Enter) is still set to “No”. I know only T-Rex MB is supposed to start without a catch when the entrance opto is tripped. Any ideas? Can the mouth opto be tested in the switch test? I can’t figure out how to test that one since the mouth is closed in switch test.

Something seems to have gone haywire in my program. I just tested it with the glass off. Changed setting #22 to “Yes” and triggered T-Rex MB AND T-Rex Chase by using something to block the entrance opto, so that was as expected.

But then I changed the setting back to “No” so T-Rex modes should only start with a catch and again turned the truck with my hand to activate T-Rex modes. Again used something to block the entrance opto and T-Rex Chase started just from doing that. Any ideas?

#5623 3 years ago

This would be the best topper...Just $2499
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/jurassic-park-t-rex-attack-set-a-and-set-b-iron-studios-903791

59A53F49-2495-4C41-8312-964A63E39FD1 (resized).jpeg59A53F49-2495-4C41-8312-964A63E39FD1 (resized).jpeg
#5624 3 years ago

That's it? Stern could get $4,500 out of that bad boy

#5625 3 years ago

Has anyone heard when the next batch of Premiums are going out? I ordered one through the Stern's rewards program, but seems like I just missed out on the last run. I assume it won't be until after TMNT Premiums but hoping for a hidden stash from the wearhouse!

#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Has anyone heard when the next batch of Premiums are going out? I ordered one through the Stern's rewards program, but seems like I just missed out on the last run. I assume it won't be until after TMNT Premiums but hoping for a hidden stash from the wearhouse!

Wondering the same. I paid in full for a Prem (newbie mistake) the first week of May and currently not getting any responses from my distributor.

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Did you get an email from Josh that said which batch you were in? There's supposed to be 10 IFPA games in the July batch and the rest in August was the last update I heard. I was in the June batch but I ordered way back in Dec. The game is worth the wait!

#5628 3 years ago

Did Stern stop including extra plastics in the goodie bag? Mine only had a key fob I think.

#5629 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did Stern stop including extra plastics in the goodie bag? Mine only had a key fob I think.

I believe they did stop sending extra stuff. All I got with my LE was replacement stickers for the switches IIRC.

#5630 3 years ago

I'm a week into JP ownership and loving it. Just realizing though that the lite 2x playfield switch has never registered.

Any thoughts?

#5631 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I'm a week into JP ownership and loving it. Just realizing though that the lite 2x playfield switch has never registered.
Any thoughts?

I imagine the switch needs adjustment or the switch is disconnected (below the PF).

#5632 3 years ago

Still waiting on my Premium.. My distrib says production schedule shows JP production in June and shipping early July.

So I hope soon! Anyone else waiting on a JP? I ordered in early May.

#5633 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Still waiting on my Premium.. My distrib says production schedule shows JP production in June and shipping early July.
So I hope soon! Anyone else waiting on a JP? I ordered in early May.

I ordered my JP premium on May 15th, and got word a few days ago from my distributor here in Washington state that it is expected to arrive at their doorstep on Tuesday, 7/7

#5634 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I imagine the switch needs adjustment or the switch is disconnected (below the PF).

Yup. My bad. I got this wire tangled in the switch when I adjusted the outlane post the other day.

D03A51EC-433D-4D09-90C0-08EA7204FBE5 (resized).jpegD03A51EC-433D-4D09-90C0-08EA7204FBE5 (resized).jpeg
#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I ordered my JP premium on May 15th, and got word a few days ago from my distributor here in Washington state that it is expected to arrive at their doorstep on Tuesday, 7/7

Thanks for the info! I'm really hoping late next week for me too but I don't want to get too excited.

#5636 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Glad you got it working. We are here to help.
And you are correct about the Superbands. They do not stretch as easily as the black and white pinball rubbers and are naturally a tighter fit.

#5637 3 years ago

Was at the local distributor today and they had 1 Premium left. Pulled the trigger and will get it hopefuly soon

Somehow i really like the amber rod. Anyone got something if it will become available again? Has the problems with the "wrong" insects been improved.

And how does the one from modfather compare to it? Drilling holes and connect LEDs in the plate i could do myself.

#5638 3 years ago

for the price of the Stern topper you could get this 12" tall raptor statue
https://chroniclecollectibles.com/products/breakout-raptor

BreakoutCleverGirl00_x1600 (resized).jpgBreakoutCleverGirl00_x1600 (resized).jpg
#5639 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Was at the local distributor today and they had 1 Premium left. Pulled the trigger and will get it hopefuly soon
Somehow i really like the amber rod. Anyone got something if it will become available again? Has the problems with the "wrong" insects been improved.
And how does the one from modfather compare to it? Drilling holes and connect LEDs in the plate i could do myself.

1st let me say I don't have this but from my research, the stern one gets wired inside the cabinet & the LED are in the amber shooter itself. the other 2 appear to be an unlit amber knob w/ an option of setting LEDs in the plate that shine on it.

nevermind, looks like I was wrong.

#5640 3 years ago

People will say "who cares" and "it doesn't matter" but I don't care.
I'm happy to see JP climbing the top 100!
Sitting nicely at #2 right now. It deserves to be up there IMO

#5641 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

People will say "who cares" and "it doesn't matter" but I don't care.
I'm happy to see JP climbing the top 100!
Sitting nicely at #2 right now. It deserves to be up there IMO

I’ve only been into pinball for a little over a year but in that time I have played a wide selection of machines all over Florida and GA (Pinball Palace!) with most of them being very well maintained: I agree. It easily deserved game of the year and competes with just about any game I’ve heard people tell me is their “favorite of all time”

I bought JP almost exclusively because of the theme and that fact that it’s launch aligned perfectly with my rising interest in pinball but every time I play I am very happy that it’s also an AMAZING game.

It thoroughly kicks my ass but I have fun the entire time strategizing what thing go for next to both progress through the island and at the same time maximize my points. It will never leave my collection if I can help it.

#5642 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

I've been in contact with Stern ever since I got my "not really a mosquito" rod. They have promised to replace it and have acknowledged that later runs of it were terrible. But even after recent followups they have not confirmed any new, improved production happening anytime soon. I would not suggest buying one at this time unless the seller can send you a pic of what you'll actually receive. It seems it was only the first run that actually looked the way they should. I hope that many people including you contact Stern directly to ask. Unfortunately, getting accurate new runs of that rod is apparently not a priority for them at this time.

#5643 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

For all the nedry drops I have yet to hear, dodgson.!bwe got dodgson here!
[quoted image]

There are tons of Nedry lines they put into the code but decided to never trigger, including this one. I'm pretty sure out of the 20 or so they have in the code, only 5 or 6 ever play. It's really sad. B/c of this, I put the line you mentioned w/ at the end "see, nobody cares" in my custom code for an option that plays during the control room entry, instead of that horrible, fake Ray Arnold actor saying the same thing.

#5644 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

For all the nedry drops I have yet to hear, dodgson.!bwe got dodgson here!
[quoted image]

Quoted from timlah79:

There are tons of Nedry lines they put into the code but decided to never trigger, including this one. I'm pretty sure out of the 20 or so they have in the code, only 5 or 6 ever play. It's really sad. B/c of this, I put the line you mentioned w/ at the end "see, nobody cares" in my custom code for an option that plays during the control room entry, instead of that horrible, fake Ray Arnold actor saying the same thing.

Running on earlier code (maybe v.97) I'd hear the Dodgson line every couple of games

#5645 3 years ago

I get a kick when hitting Start with 0 credits; "Don't get cheap on me, Dodgson."

#5646 3 years ago

The stock code barely says "Hold onto your butts". Which is half the reason I own this game.
Tim's code for the win.

#5647 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I've been in contact with Stern ever since I got my "not really a mosquito" rod. They have promised to replace it and have acknowledged that later runs of it were terrible. But even after recent followups they have not confirmed any new, improved production happening anytime soon. I would not suggest buying one at this time unless the seller can send you a pic of what you'll actually receive. It seems it was only the first run that actually looked the way they should. I hope that many people including you contact Stern directly to ask. Unfortunately, getting accurate new runs of that rod is apparently not a priority for them at this time.

Can you post pictures of what yours looked like?

#5648 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can you post pictures of what yours looked like?

Here you go. Pics can be seen in a post from me a while back in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/97#post-5548869

#5649 3 years ago

Looking for help on getting T-Rex moving again. When T-Rex MB is waiting to start, the T-Rex does nothing but sit in the neutral position where it should have its jaw lowered to the ramp. My optos work fine and when I hit the left ramp the MB acknowledges the start, but does not. If I drain the ball the MB will then start. I’m using the latest code. Thanks for the help.

#5650 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Looking for help on getting T-Rex moving again. When T-Rex MB is waiting to start, the T-Rex does nothing but sit in the neutral position where it should have its jaw lowered to the ramp. My optos work fine and when I hit the left ramp the MB acknowledges the start, but does not. If I drain the ball the MB will then start. I’m using the latest code. Thanks for the help.

I noticed my TRex doing this once in a while since the latest update. I think it’s a code thing. Hoping for a fix in the next code update.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/113?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.