(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 185.
#5451 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. After all this time it's still an issue? Bummer. My wife basically pre-approved me to buy one but I can't risk it if it's still a problem.

Buy from a good distributor who'll have your back if the game has defects out of the box. Talk to the distributor beforehand and set expectations so there are no surprises if the game does have issues.

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. After all this time it's still an issue? Bummer. My wife basically pre-approved me to buy one but I can't risk it if it's still a problem.

My NIB Premium just arrived 30 minutes ago. Will unbox and set up tonight. I am crossing my fingers as playfield issues held me back from ordering for a while as well.

Will let you know. Guessing my manufacture date is around 6/5 as well (the first batch after Sterns factory fired up again a few weeks back).

#5453 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Buy at your own risk. Some do, some don’t... no guarantee unfortunately.

Man I would love a JP right now, but still a gamble?

Are the later date pros ok?

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone have these Pingraffix pin blades on their machine? https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-jurassic-park-pinblades
I’m getting my JP Premium today and will probably buy some pin blades soon. These seem like they would be a good match for the game art at the back of the machine with the blue. I’ve seen one or two other art blades though so would be interested in any feedback and opinions.

I have these ones they look great and match the game art well.
I'd buy them again if I had to.

#5455 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Man I would love a JP right now, but still a gamble?
Are the later date pros ok?

With Stern or pretty much any pinball company lately, it really is a lottery on what you will get for a playfield.

A few options.

1.) Gamble and order NIB. I have, and been lucky.
2.) Set expectations with your distributor over phone AND email. They can go to bat for you if there is an issue, but ultimately it is Stern's decision.
I have found Stern great to work with if you are patient, polite, and if necessary respectfully persistent.
3.) Buy HUO or a Dealer Demo that you can see or get pictures of. This often saves you a few bucks as well.

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone have these Pingraffix pin blades on their machine?

I order the same ones along with some for my MMr but they have not arrived yet. Will post pics when they are installed.

It sure would be nice if art blades sellers would have pictures of them installed on the website. They would probably sell more.

#5457 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I would like to add some lights to the playfield. I think the middle is bit dark. But not putting pinstadium in there, since that will block my sideblades art. So looking for normal spotlights, but these are just normal spotlights, any ideas how to cover them in the theme? Like in pirates I used barrels, and in Ghostbusters they are slimed. What would fit JP?

I tapped in Comet Matrix bulbs to GI and ran regular Spots. For the large spot at the Helicopter, I added green vegetation to cover the metal barrel. This could be done on 10mm regular bulbs and sockets, with/without reflector. But I also used 6 SMD Pads, and Strips, so covering those are larger.

BRONTO LIGHT1 (resized).jpgBRONTO LIGHT1 (resized).jpg
#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

I order the same ones along with some for my MMr but they have not arrived yet. Will post pics when they are installed.
It sure would be nice if art blades sellers would have pictures of them installed on the website. They would probably sell more.

Totally agree. What I want to see is a picture of them installed sobI can see how well the colors match the art at the back.

I have seen the lighted Pingraffix art blades on a JP. Looks great but I just can't bring myself to fork out another $300 given how much I just spent to buy a Premium.

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

With Stern or pretty much any pinball company lately, it really is a lottery on what you will get for a playfield.
A few options.
2.) Set expectations with your distributor over phone AND email. They can go to bat for you if there is an issue, but ultimately it is Stern's decision.
I have found Stern great to work with if you are patient, polite, and if necessary respectfully persistent.
3.) Buy HUO or a Dealer Demo that you can see or get pictures of. This often saves you a few bucks as well.

This is my feeling as well. There is always a risk with any NIB that the quality of something about it will not be on par with the rest of the machine or that same something from the same or other manufacturers. Sometimes it is easily fixed (e.g. playfield buffing marks), often it is barely or not noticeable during normal play (e.g insert quality, cabinet edge dents), and sometimes it is obviously defective and too much to live with. In the last case, pinball manufactures will usually step up. It is too small of a community not to.

Also, one man’s ‘flawless finish’ is another man’s ‘total garbage’. The actual quality is in the middle somewhere. Happiness is inversely proportional to expectation. Expecting slightly less than perfection will make you a lot happier with your machine.

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I have these ones they look great and match the game art well.
I'd buy them again if I had to.

Thanks for the feedback. Leaning towards ordering them but if you have a picture or two from your machine you can share here, I'd love too see what they look like installed.

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the feedback. Leaning towards ordering them but if you have a picture or two from your machine you can share here, I'd love too see what they look like installed.

I'll see if I have some on my phone.

#5462 3 years ago
20191226_202717 (resized).jpg20191226_202717 (resized).jpg20191226_203328 (resized).jpg20191226_203328 (resized).jpg
#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

A few options.

I'd prefer to buy HUO used but the game is too new/popular right now for that it seems.

#5464 3 years ago

Got the topper installed today. I like it. For others assistance, I did have to reinstall 1.0.1 as the topper was acting quite strange in that only a portion of the lights were lit and never animated and sometimes no lights at all. Reinstalling worked. Figured I’d at least post despite the hate in case others run into the same issue.

Cheers

B25F64AE-F905-465C-84B0-D8921B970346 (resized).jpegB25F64AE-F905-465C-84B0-D8921B970346 (resized).jpeg
#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I think I'll order these in a few weeks. They seem to he the best match color wise I've seen for the game.

JP has so many cool mods, I'm going to have to ge careful not to go too crazy. I already ordered the Tilt topper, Mezel raptor pit and signs, and a few other small things.

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone have these Pingraffix pin blades on their machine? https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-jurassic-park-pinblades
I’m getting my JP Premium today and will probably buy some pin blades soon. These seem like they would be a good match for the game art at the back of the machine with the blue. I’ve seen one or two other art blades though so would be interested in any feedback and opinions.

0C3CF61C-2B59-4DB9-8CBC-4431BB119145 (resized).jpeg0C3CF61C-2B59-4DB9-8CBC-4431BB119145 (resized).jpeg6EAF04D5-B57F-4723-9129-D6F9E723A87D (resized).jpeg6EAF04D5-B57F-4723-9129-D6F9E723A87D (resized).jpegD1803452-8D03-4825-A45F-70FEB156D775 (resized).jpegD1803452-8D03-4825-A45F-70FEB156D775 (resized).jpeg
#5467 3 years ago

I just installed the PinGraffix Pinblades tonight. Went with the wet method... took about 10 minutes. (That’s what she said)

#5468 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Got the topper installed today. I like it. For others assistance, I did have to reinstall 1.0.1 as the topper was acting quite strange in that only a portion of the lights were lit and never animated and sometimes no lights at all. Reinstalling worked. Figured I’d at least post despite the hate in case others run into the same issue.
Cheers
[quoted image]

That orange PC looks nice!

#5469 3 years ago

What is the height of the topper?

Quoted from Vitty:

Cheers
[quoted image]

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

That orange PC looks nice!

Thanks! I couldn't find an LE like I wanted so I settled on a premium. In the end it turned out I like it even more than the LE version now The burnt orange powder is awesome.

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What is the height of the topper?

Roughly 7 5/8"

#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Thanks! I couldn't find an LE like I wanted so I settled on a premium. In the end it turned out I like it even more than the LE version now The burnt orange powder is awesome.

I've been back and forth on what color to do mine. The 5 1/4" speakers with the orange rings and deluxe lights was the first thing I did to mine and it looks awesome so I was considering orange PC, nice to see it on a game.

#5473 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Cheers
[quoted image]

That game looks great! Better than the LE IMO!

#5474 3 years ago

So I bought a shaker with my NIB Premium. I tried installing last night but I think they sent me the wrong small 5 pin connector (the one with the blue battery that connects to the node board on the left). Attached are a few pictures of that connector.

It has some extra plastic and teeth so doesn't seem to fit with the other long (red/blue wire) connector or in the node board at CN2 or CN16.

Can anyone tell me if this is the right or wrong small connector? I think my instructions are incorrect as well. It says it should connect to CN2 on the node board but a friend told me it should go in CN16 for JP models. Doesn't seem to fit in either unless I'm doing something wrong.

Emailed Stern tech support this morning but no reply yet. Any insight from those that have shakers installed would ge very appreciated.

20200615_205649 (resized).jpg20200615_205649 (resized).jpg20200615_205703 (resized).jpg20200615_205703 (resized).jpg20200615_211223 (resized).jpg20200615_211223 (resized).jpg
#5475 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So I bought a shaker with my NIB Premium. I tried installing last night but I think they sent me the wrong small 5 pin connector (the one with the blue battery that connects to the node board on the left). Attached are a few pictures of that connector.
It has some extra plastic and teeth so doesn't seem to fit with the other long (red/blue wire) connector or in the node board at CN2 or CN16.
Can anyone tell me if this is the right or wrong small connector? I think my instructions are incorrect as well. It says it should connect to CN2 on the node board but a friend told me it should go in CN16 for JP models. Doesn't seem to fit in either unless I'm doing something wrong.
Emailed Stern tech support this morning but no reply yet. Any insight from those that have shakers installed would ge very appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ultimate problem with having two threads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/107#post-5689566

#5476 3 years ago

Thanks! This is the directions and equipment I was sent with the shaker (picture attached). Clearly wrong and maybe why I'm having trouble.

I looked up some Spike 2 instructions online. Does the capacitor plug into CN14 on the board and the blue/red long wire 5 pin connector go into CN16?

If someone has the correct install directions for a Stern Spike2 shaker they can post, Id be very appreciative.

20200615_202036 (resized).jpg20200615_202036 (resized).jpg
#5477 3 years ago

Thanks! This is the directions and equipment I was sent with the shaker (picture attached). Clearly wrong and maybe why I'm having trouble.
I looked up some Spike 2 instructions online. Does the capacitor plug into CN14 on the board and the blue/red long wire 5 pin connector go into CN16?
If someone has the correct install directions for a Stern Spike2 shaker they can post, Id be very appreciative.
[quoted image]

<
93584518-890E-442E-AE53-8AD8C7D21CC6 (resized).png93584518-890E-442E-AE53-8AD8C7D21CC6 (resized).png

2DFE4005-D3AB-4A11-B9EB-0643559A0C0E (resized).png2DFE4005-D3AB-4A11-B9EB-0643559A0C0E (resized).png
#5478 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Throw the capacitor in the trash and hook it up to cn16[quoted image]

I thought about that but what is the capacitor for? Isn’t it supposed to prevent something from frying?

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I thought about that but what is the capacitor for? Isn’t it supposed to prevent something from frying?

Its to prevent system reboots due to the shaker drawing too much power. It helps level out the current. This isn't a problem in most games but my old Maiden Pro used to have random reboots before adding the capacitor.

#5480 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is designed for SAM systems. It is not required for SPIKE systems. I promise you don’t need it on your SPIKE 2 system Stern Jurassic Park
I installed stern shakers on my JP-Prem and my GoTG right out of the box per my distro’s instructions

#5481 3 years ago

It is designed for SAM systems. It is not required for SPIKE systems. I promise you don’t need it on your SPIKE 2 system Stern Jurassic Park
I installed stern shakers on my JP-Prem and my GoTG right out of the box per my distro’s instructions

Okay, thanks. That is what I was going to do but this is my first Spike shaker install and the instructions they sent with it made no sense.

Stern's tech support seems non existent right now. Don't even respond to emails. Isn't tech support a job that can be done from home?

#5482 3 years ago

Throw the capacitor in the trash and hook it up to cn16[quoted image]

I have the same question. It seems like the official Stern shaker has the capacitor but others like Pinball Life do not. Is there a potential to void my warranty if I don't use a capacitor?

This is the only video I've seen where someone does the install with the capacitor version and he mentions that it is to prevent slam tilts (3:23 mark):

#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I have the same question. It seems like the official Stern shaker has the capacitor but others like Pinball Life do not. Is there a potential to void my warranty if I don't use a capacitor?
This is the only video I've seen where someone does the install with the capacitor version and he mentions that it is to prevent slam tilts (3:23 mark):

I don’t know what I’m talking about

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Cheers
[quoted image]

This machine looks gorgeous. I'm having the same issue finding a LE, so I'm leaning towards getting a brand new Premium and doing what you did. Can you point me in the direction of who you used for the Powder?

#5485 3 years ago

We took of the glass off tonight planning on moving the out lane posts down. The first thing I noticed was that there was a bunch of "gold dust" inside the cabinet. After further inspection I finally realized that the upper flipper coil stop had busted. Thankfully I had one on hand and did not find it hard to replace (first time for me to do this). The left out lane post was very easy to move but I never figured out how to remove the right one. It is threaded into the playfield and I could not remove it. Is there a trick or special tool to doing this without removing the plastic above?

IMG_4462 (resized).jpgIMG_4462 (resized).jpgIMG_4463 (resized).jpgIMG_4463 (resized).jpg
#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

The first thing I noticed was that there was a bunch of "gold dust" inside the cabinet. After further inspection I finally realized that the upper flipper coil stop had busted.

There are two types of Stern coil stops. Those that are broken, and those that will break soon.

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We took of the glass off tonight planning on moving the out lane posts down. The first thing I noticed was that there was a bunch of "gold dust" inside the cabinet. After further inspection I finally realized that the upper flipper coil stop had busted. Thankfully I had one on hand and did not find it hard to replace (first time for me to do this). The left out lane post was very easy to move but I never figured out how to remove the right one. It is threaded into the playfield and I could not remove it. Is there a trick or special tool to doing this without removing the plastic above?[quoted image][quoted image]

Nope, remove the plastic. use a deep socket from the top.

#5488 3 years ago

Hook it up just like the guy in the video if you can. I’ve never found a place to hook The capacitor up on my spike 2 pins. Never had an issue not putting the capacitor onto my spike 2 stern pins. Like I said previously, I was told by my Stern distributor that it wasn’t needed on modern day SPIKE 2 machines

D30DE3F6-B1E8-45B6-81E5-BC22C16BC081.gifD30DE3F6-B1E8-45B6-81E5-BC22C16BC081.gif

#5489 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We took of the glass off tonight planning on moving the out lane posts down. The first thing I noticed was that there was a bunch of "gold dust" inside the cabinet. After further inspection I finally realized that the upper flipper coil stop had busted. Thankfully I had one on hand and did not find it hard to replace (first time for me to do this). The left out lane post was very easy to move but I never figured out how to remove the right one. It is threaded into the playfield and I could not remove it. Is there a trick or special tool to doing this without removing the plastic above?[quoted image][quoted image]

Just remove the rubber form the post, then you can get the post out. There is a small carve out in the plastic. If it is hard to get it out. Try softly hammering it from below. Worked with mine.

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Just remove the rubber form the post, then you can get the post out. There is a small carve out in the plastic. If it is hard to get it out. Try softly hammering it from below. Worked with mine.

We tried that. The post is threaded into my playfield and I can not unscrew it from the top with the tools I have.

#5491 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We tried that. The post is threaded into my playfield and I can not unscrew it from the top with the tools I have.

Put a little upwards pressure on it from under the playfield as you unthread it. Once the thread disappears into the playfield put a little upward pressure under the post from the top.

#5492 3 years ago

From someone that finished LOTR, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, pretty much ever pin I've ever owned (other than RBION, never got to Atlantis when I owned that) I have to say, THIS GAME IS HARD AS SHIIIIIIIIIT!!! But I love it. Granted I've only had it for a week, but I've yet to break a billion.

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

This machine looks gorgeous. I'm having the same issue finding a LE, so I'm leaning towards getting a brand new Premium and doing what you did. Can you point me in the direction of who you used for the Powder?

I use Robertstone0407 on here. He has a big thread with his work: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered

He does an awesome job and has great communication. Can't recommend him enough!

#5494 3 years ago

Orange armor looks great on the premium, I also use Robert Stone for all my games.

#5495 3 years ago

Premium being delivered today. Should I order some coil stops?

#5496 3 years ago

Might want to fact check. The Capacitor Service bulletin was for SPIKE 1 and 2.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Might want to fact check. The Capacitor Service bulletin was for SPIKE 1 and 2.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

I can confirm that my JPLE with the factory installation of the shaker has this mod.

#5498 3 years ago

Welp I found a NIB JP LE for a very fair price. Now the fun predicament is I came out of the gate looking for a JP LE, you guys showed me the Premium with the Orange armor which looks gorgeous, now the exact thing I want is available, BUT AGAIN THE JP PREMIUM WITH ORANGE IS GORGEOUS.

Curse you people with your awesome ideas and help!

#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Welp I found a NIB JP LE for a very fair price. Now the fun predicament is I came out of the gate looking for a JP LE, you guys showed me the Premium with the Orange armor which looks gorgeous, now the exact thing I want is available, BUT AGAIN THE JP PREMIUM WITH ORANGE IS GORGEOUS.
Curse you people with your awesome ideas and help!

That orange powder coat is what changed my mind from LE to Premium.

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

That orange powder coat is what changed my mind from LE to Premium.

You're not making this easier! haha. But the LE has the upgraded sound and shaker and I don't have to mess with it at all which is nice...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.