(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,221 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 185.
#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from arqpuebla:

Greatings JP owners!
Need and advice, planning to buy a JP but can't decide between premium or LE.
Can't find the differences and don't know if it worth the extra cash for a LE.
Will appreciate any feedback!! Thank you

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdf

It’s going to be hard to find a LE as they are sold out so you will have to find one used. Premiums are backordered till August.

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdf
It’s going to be hard to find a LE as they are sold out so you will have to find one used. Premiums are backordered till August.

Best bet is just to order a NIB Premium and wait a couple months. The differences are only cosmetic and most people I know prefer the art package on the Premium. You could also look for a used Premiun but prices right aren't great on those due to short supply.

Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix (2) (2).pdfJurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix (2) (2).pdf
#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Toppers sold out from stern....all 10 of them...lol

My guess is they sold thru to distributers?

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

My guess is they sold thru to distributers?

This is correct but I saw a few distributers are sold out now too.

#5405 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

This is correct but I saw a few distributers are sold out now too.

I wonder how long before they can ship these....they might be shocked and have to hurry and build more...crazy.

#5406 3 years ago

I wonder how long before they can ship these....they might be shocked and have to hurry and build more...crazy.

#5407 3 years ago

Toppers sold out from stern....all 10 of them...lol

Most people that own machines are not on Pinside. That is why Stern created Insider.

Hopefully one of the modders will create a mod that can unlock the extra mode that comes with the topper.

#5408 3 years ago

Hmmm. Wonder if there’s going to be another code update soon because of this topper? Or, if somehow it’s built into the topper somehow? If it’s built into the topper maybe it’s not much of an extra mode. Hope that’s the case. Or, maybe it’s already built into the current code? I guess we’ll fine out once these toppers start shipping.

#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from Kvothe:

Hmmm. Wonder if there’s going to be another code update soon because of this topper? Or, if somehow it’s built into the topper somehow? If it’s built into the topper maybe it’s not much of an extra mode. Hope that’s the case. Or, maybe it’s already built into the current code? I guess we’ll fine out once these toppers start shipping.

In the Flippin out video the new mode already appeared to be baked in to the existing code.

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

In the Flippin out video the new mode already appeared to be baked in to the existing code.

Yea already seems to be in the 1.01 code. Since the code is encrypted now blocking pinbrowser the chance a modder can enable this mode without the topper hardware is slim to none. You would have to find the hardware addresses used etc. doesn’t seem worth a modders time.

#5411 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Yea already seems to be in the 1.01 code. Since the code is encrypted now blocking pinbrowser the chance a modder can enable this mode without the topper hardware is slim to none. You would have to find the hardware addresses used etc. doesn’t seem worth a modders time.

You probably just need a node board to enable the code. But the boards cost 250$..

#5412 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You probably just need a node board to enable the code. But the boards cost 250$..

If the code wasn't encrypted (is it actually encrypted?) you could just skip over the check for the external board so it always returned a "yes" installed.

#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Then reverse engineer. I’d be pretty impressed if someone were to pull that off. They would have to obtain a topper before even starting the work. Just doesn’t seem worth it besides maybe a fun challenge for someone.

#5414 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the code wasn't encrypted (is it actually encrypted?) you could just skip over the check for the external board so it always returned a "yes" installed.

Something is keeping the pinbrowser from working. I’m not 100% sure of why but I thought I read encryption somewhere. I’m in IT so I try to stay out of the technical weeds when it comes to hobbies. Pinball takes my mind off of work

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Something is keeping the pinbrowser from working. I’m not 100% sure of why but I thought I read encryption somewhere. I’m in IT so I try to stay out of the technical weeds when it comes to hobbies. Pinball takes my mind off of work

I assumed it was just that Stern changed the format so pinbrowser didn't recognize it. Has anyone verified it's actually encrypted and not just a different format?

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I assumed it was just that Stern changed the format so pinbrowser didn't recognize it. Has anyone verified it's actually encrypted and not just a different format?

I believe I saw the same case with Elvira. After the JP topper it makes sense, but again I’m not sure.

#5417 3 years ago

Just received notice my Premium has officially shipped. Ordered first of Jan so it's been a long wait. Hoping it wont take to much time to dial in once it gets here.

#5418 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just received notice my Premium has officially shipped. Ordered first of Jan so it's been a long wait. Hoping it wont take to much time to dial in once it gets here.

I'm in the same IFPA batch as you and just got my notice as well! Its been a long 6 months but I know it will be worth the wait!

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

enjoy the process, its half of the fun

#5420 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm in the same IFPA batch as you and just got my notice as well! Its been a long 6 months but I know it will be worth the wait!

So you ordered in January as well? Didn't know orders were backlogged so far. I ordered mine in April and my distributor is saying it is close.

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So you ordered in January as well? Didn't know orders were backlogged so far. I ordered mine in April and my distributor is saying it is close.

MikeS and my order were through the rewards program. Distributors generally get priority over the rewards purchase games. Thus why my ship date was pushed twice. I believe they only make and ship a small set number of rewards games a month.

#5422 3 years ago

Okay so here my post for the day...who secretly or not bought this topper???

I have been trying to get one made but he just cant spend the time as he has paying customer projects.....gave up on waiting...

Have a good day All!!!...

#5423 3 years ago

Here's something weird....

Premium machine.

Started System Boot - chased the blue targets and went helo-pad for the second to last shot to set up the Control Room (last shot of Sys Boot). On the fly from the helo-pad, I hit the Control Room shot. The lights and screen go flashing - awesome - but the Control Room shot is still blue and no Fossil Award. Ball drains as I try to look at the screen to see what the hell just happened.

This has happened to me twice on the newest code (v1.02 I believe). I haven't noticed this behavior before.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#5424 3 years ago

I have been trying to get one made but he just cant spend the time as he has paying customer projects.....gave up on waiting...

I have a friend that is seriously considering the topper. I'm against it. I'm not a super fan of the artwork, I'm not really a topper guy, and I'm not cool with the cost for a secret mode. I'm also not a DLC type of person with video games. I buy the games that I want and play them as is while I know a lot of people that want the extra adds that companies put out as DLC.

For the cost, I would love to see a topper that mimics the T-rex head as you play the game. When the game roars the topper opens it mouth and roars. When the head and neck moves left and right on the PF the topper head eyes move back and forth like it's looking around. That, would have made me a topper guy. I just can't get behind plain plastic (with lights) for a topper but that is probably why my only topper is the GOT one as I love having the dragon flapping it's wings at me.

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

MikeS and my order were through the rewards program. Distributors generally get priority over the rewards purchase games. Thus why my ship date was pushed twice. I believe they only make and ship a small set number of rewards games a month.

Cool. What is the Rewards Program? Maybe I need to sign up.

#5426 3 years ago

I bought the Tilt Topper before this was announced. I wouldn't have paid $600 for the Stern topper even if I hadn't already purchased one.

I just dont see $600 in value there but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Cool. What is the Rewards Program? Maybe I need to sign up.

If you finish out the calendar year in the top 1000 players in the world rankings, you get a discounted rate on one NIB Stern pin per year that you qualify.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/sternrewardsprogram/

#5428 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If you finish out the calendar year in the top 1000 players in the world rankings, you get a discounted rate one NIB Stern pin.

Thats cool.. Thanks for the link.

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If you finish out the calendar year in the top 1000 players in the world rankings, you get a discounted rate on one NIB Stern pin per year that you qualify.

Gotcha. It will be a long time for me waiting to get that discount

#5430 3 years ago

I started playing competitively in '16 and took until September of '19 until I raised my game enough and qualified. Now my wife... she played for about one month and earned one of the biggest mover spots! So there is always hope!

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

I started playing competitively in '16 and took until September of '19 until I raised my game enough and qualified. Now my wife... she played for about one month and earned one of the biggest mover spots! So there is always hope!

may i ask how often and long did you practice per week?
do you have a training routine? i have no possibilty to get taught on location, so i just can watch streams, tutorials and dvds(pinball 101 etc.)
do you have any hint for me? i play about 1 hr per day and have a few machines at home.
thanks!

#5432 3 years ago

I think it's different for everyone, but for me doing your homework and learning optimal strategy was a one big portion. I did that through streams and playing pinball arcade on my phone, as well as talking things out with fellow players. In the meantime I was playing as much as I could. I too have games at home. During those sessions my focus was initially on basic flipper skills, starting basic with bounce passes, and such then moving on to more advanced things like drop catches. The next thing was just playing in tournaments to get used to the competitive aspect. Finally learning to slow down and focus on small tasks during a game. The biggest challenge for me playing at home is keeping the focus and discipline to not revert back to flipping away at ball needlessly.

#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

may i ask how often and long did you practice per week?
do you have a training routine? i have no possibilty to get taught on location, so i just can watch streams, tutorials and dvds(pinball 101 etc.)
do you have any hint for me? i play about 1 hr per day and have a few machines at home.
thanks!

Watch the competitive pinball streams. Watching the top players will help you understand not only the rules of the game but also flipper strategies that will help you greatly. For instance, the easiest technique to accomplish is the most over looked and can take your game to the next level real fast. It's called the dead bounce. I learned to drop catch and live catch over time and while those two skills have helped me a lot it's the dead bounce that was last to come to my arsenal of skills and has become the most useful. It is almost mandatory to be good as early SS and EM games.

Next thing is just to play and try to still have fun. Getting to work up over the competition and chasing points can take it out of you quickly. In order to get to top 1000 you really just need to do decent in some larger events. My highest ranking was 250ish a couple years ago. I have yet to win anything but a local league event. My absolute best finish ever was 4th at TPF. Hopefully that shows that you don't have to win these events (it helps though) but if you can find a way to qualify in A for 50%-70% of the events with 100+ players you will very quickly move up the ranks.

#5434 3 years ago

thanks guys, dead bounces and drop catches work quite well for me and live catches are getting better over time.
so i guess i just have to keep doing what i do. i feel like multiballs, shot accuracy, code strategy and personal stress level are my weak spots.

#5435 3 years ago

(going down as not more playing but) i'm still in the top 1000 spot, do you want my ticket ? ...

#5436 3 years ago

I picked up a Premium this week and was having the TREX issues mentioned at the top of this enormous thread. I tried adjusting it manually by loosening the nuts in the back of the TREX and moving it as suggested but when that didn't work I realized what the issue really was, which I did not see mentioned here (tho I did not read through all 5500 posts) The backbox bolts that secure the BB in the upright position are too long and hit the top of the TREX mechanism when screwed all of the way in. Back that left BB bolt out a few turns and watch your TREX drop down into the right position.

Mine catches the ball virtually every time now.

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

I picked up a Premium this week and was having the TREX issues mentioned at the top of this enormous thread. I tried adjusting it manually by loosening the nuts in the back of the TREX and moving it as suggested but when that didn't work I realized what the issue really was, which I did not see mentioned here (tho I did not read through all 5500 posts) The backbox bolts that secure the BB in the upright position are too long and hit the top of the TREX mechanism when screwed all of the way in. Back that left BB bolt out a few turns and watch your TREX drop down into the right position.

Good to know. My Premium arrives tomorrow. Crossing my fingers I get a good playfield. Sounds like everything is good with yours, right?

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

Well that is a very interesting find that may help a lot of people.
Mine seems to be working fairly well, but I will certainly look at it to see just how close it gets.

#5439 3 years ago

SO CLOSE!!!

I literally was one White arrow shot away from the Vistor Center today, with the Pterannodons captured....all I had to do was trap up and hit the TREX ramp to advance and I got so giddy, I screwed up, choked and drained...Oh man was that close....one day

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

SO CLOSE!!!
I literally was one White arrow shot away from the Vistor Center today, with the Pterannodons captured....all I had to do was trap up and hit the TREX ramp to advance and I got so giddy, I screwed up, choked and drained...Oh man was that close....one day

Confucius say one shot of tequila fix your white arrow.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

SO CLOSE!!!

As my cousin Allen always likes to say "That's-a-dee-Pinball"

#5442 3 years ago

I've been out of the loop for a while. Did they fix the clear coat issues? If I bought a JP now could I trust that it won't have pf issues?

#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've been out of the loop for a while. Did they fix the clear coat issues? If I bought a JP now could I trust that it won't have pf issues?

Buy at your own risk. Some do, some don’t... no guarantee unfortunately.

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Good to know. My Premium arrives tomorrow. Crossing my fingers I get a good playfield. Sounds like everything is good with yours, right?

So far, yes. It’s a great game.

Mine had some minor scuffs in the playfield from either testing or buffing. I waxed it before the first play and it looks fine. The balls it came with are cheap so I swapped them out for some better ones. It took the 2.5GB code update without issue.

Perhaps it’s just me but I feel the inserts don’t look as high quality up close as those in my Stern ST or Chicago Gaming MBr but they look fine from playing distance. I would be curious to know what others think about the insert quality tho?

Enjoy your machine.

#5445 3 years ago

I would like to add some lights to the playfield. I think the middle is bit dark. But not putting pinstadium in there, since that will block my sideblades art. So looking for normal spotlights, but these are just normal spotlights, any ideas how to cover them in the theme? Like in pirates I used barrels, and in Ghostbusters they are slimed. What would fit JP?

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Buy at your own risk. Some do, some don’t... no guarantee unfortunately.

Wow. After all this time it's still an issue? Bummer. My wife basically pre-approved me to buy one but I can't risk it if it's still a problem.

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from Flasher:

So far, yes. It’s a great game.
Mine had some minor scuffs in the playfield from either testing or buffing. I waxed it before the first play and it looks fine. The balls it came with are cheap so I swapped them out for some better ones. It took the 2.5GB code update without issue.
Perhaps it’s just me but I feel the inserts don’t look as high quality up close as those in my Stern ST or Chicago Gaming MBr but they look fine from playing distance. I would be curious to know what others think about the insert quality tho?
Enjoy your machine.

Some newer Stern have ugly insert or maybe it's an ink problem?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/105#post-5650371

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just got a NIB Premium (Mfr date 6/05) and the clearcoat looks great! Inserts look good, no pooling, no wood grain, etc. The clearcoat is a bit thinner than other games but I'm very happy with the quality so far. That's not a guarantee that yours would be ok, but a good reference point in making your decision.

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I just got a NIB Premium (Mfr date 6/05) and the clearcoat looks great! Inserts look good, no pooling, no wood grain, etc. The clearcoat is a bit thinner than other games but I'm very happy with the quality so far. That's not a guarantee that yours would be ok, but a good reference point in making your decision.

This is right. I have an LE with a beautiful playfield and no issues at all... but have friends with pros that were chipping around posts Within a week. Just hard. Hoping TMNT comes with a good playfield!

#5450 3 years ago

Does anyone have these Pingraffix pin blades on their machine? https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-jurassic-park-pinblades

I’m getting my JP Premium today and will probably buy some pin blades soon. These seem like they would be a good match for the game art at the back of the machine with the blue. I’ve seen one or two other art blades though so would be interested in any feedback and opinions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/109?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.