(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 185.
#5351 3 years ago

After playing for couple month on my hew Pre, I decided to replace the stock balls with high polish balls from Titan. They seem extremely faster. The tree ramp shot, if not directly hit, causes the ball to run right upand off the edge of the ramp onto the playfield, and the release from control room runs sdtm! Anyone else see these issues?

#5352 3 years ago

I inadvertently scratched my art blade at some point. I thought it was only fitting to add a raptor claw fossil to tell the full story!

Raptor Claw (resized).jpgRaptor Claw (resized).jpg
#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

...it’s worth the effort to move the side drain posts to the lower position. The right one is a pain! For some reason they used a screw post and it’s really tight to get to since you have to unscrew from the top. I had to disassemble enough of the helicopter area so that I could get a small deep socket in there. Maybe someone will chime in with a trick there?

Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I have contemplated tightening up the outline......what’s the secret?

If you want to tighten up the Nedry outlane drain, do NOT try to ‘tap’ that post out, like some above have suggested. It’s threaded and yes, it’s a little tight to get to, but doable. You don’t need to disassemble the entire helicopter plastic to do it, just enough so you create enough slack to get your deep socket onto the post.

I removed the nut securing the right habit trail over the right in-lane and a screw (secures a switch) about midway up that habit trail. And then I loosened (or removed) three more nuts/screw securing the helicopter plastic.

Now, before you go cranking on it, remove the nut/washer underneath the playfield which secures the post from the bottom! With a deep socket, that post threads out quite easily from the top.

#5354 3 years ago

I changed out my flat helicopter plastic for a matchbox helicopter today. It was way more work than I expected. The matchbox is a little too tall, so it required me to put the helipad plastic under the flipper bushing that is used for the helicopter blades and I had to sand a little off the bottom of the flipper bushing. Also, the ramp switch is a tight squeeze. Nevertheless, I think it looks better than the flat plastic that was there.

649FB4F2-3B3F-4FAE-8343-E9FA39D69736 (resized).jpeg649FB4F2-3B3F-4FAE-8343-E9FA39D69736 (resized).jpegD2829DDB-6D2D-43D5-8BA6-4711F56BDFA6 (resized).jpegD2829DDB-6D2D-43D5-8BA6-4711F56BDFA6 (resized).jpeg
#5355 3 years ago

Can anyone that has bought multiple new games from Stern shed any light on how their announcement of Teenage Mutant Turtles could affect production of backlogged orders of JP, etc?

I've had a JP Premium on order for over a month now but the line has been closed due to Covid. Should I be concerned they are going to reopen and now prioritize new orders of TMT from their "loyalty" program customers over existing orders from first timers like me?

#5356 3 years ago

Thinking about picking up an PREM now that it seems that Stern is going to start up the lines again. Other than the T-Rex, what other problems or issues have there been concerning build and quality? Has the pooling under posts been resolved? Any other problems that NIB machines I should be concerned with?

#5357 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thinking about picking up an LE now that it seems that Stern is going to start up the lines again. Other than the T-Rex, what other problems or issues have there been concerning build and quality? Has the pooling under posts been resolved? Any other problems that NIB machines I should be concerned with?

You can't buy an LE. There were only 500 made and they sold out long ago. Premium imwould be your best NIB choice.

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You can't buy an LE. There were only 500 made and they sold out long ago. Premium imwould be your best NIB choice.

Brain fart. Yes, it would be a premium. Same questions would still apply.

#5359 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Brain fart. Yes, it would be a premium. Same questions would still apply.

Nothing major now that the risk of playfield clearcoat issues seem to be behind us. Happy to help you out once you snag one if things need to be tweaked. I'd suggest ordering some new coil stops as the Stern ones don't seem to last long but that's a problem across the board and not specific to the premium

#5360 3 years ago

T-Rex Issues Resolved and Preventative Measures

So I read through the posts after my initial post regarding the problem with the T-Rex not starting events properly, namely would not release the ball during T-Rex Multiball. Since that time I opened a ticket with Stern and spent a LOT of time trouble shooting. I have taken that poor dino apart more time than I would care to admit, and I learned a lot about how it works. I thought I would pass along the biggest lessons in case anyone else is having similar issues or you want to do some preventative measures to keep this from happening.

Cause of the problem:

Jaw Optos not registering. You can check in switch test by sticking your finger in the T-Rex Mouth - if you don't see it register things will get more intimate between you and your Rex, FYI.

For me, this problem was caused by two things. And those, in my opinion were a result of fatigue caused by the movement of the T-Rex during play.

1. There was a broken solder point on the lower jaw opto positive that broke due to fatigue. Stern had sent me new optos to try and I actually missed this break during that swap. It wasn't until I went back through my photos I noticed it.

2.The ground wire for the top opto had a break in it. The wires for both optos are shrink tubed, run down the "neck," and are zip tied in place. Once I had replaced and repined that wire into the molex connector everything worked and the optos registered on the switch test.

Preventative Measures:

1. For the ground wire I added a double layer of heat shrink to that whole bundle of wires running down the neck. I also did not zip tie then down as tightly as they can go to keep them from pinching the wires and breaking one of them again. Tight enough to keep them in place, just not torqued down.

2. I added two zip ties and shrink tube to the lower opto wires to help create a flex point in the wire itself and not on the solder points of the opto board. This will probably be controversial as one of them runs under the opto board itself, but I think this will be a huge improvement.

3. The two connectors for the optos that come up from under the playfield are shorter than the other wires - the ones that connect power to the motors). I added about 8 inches of wires for each of these to give a little more slack to the movement. This should prevent causing a fatigue malfunction under the playfield now that I have prevented them in the T-Rex itself - the fatigue malfunctions may have been a result of these being too short in the first place. This one requires more shrink tube, soldering, and repining all the wires to the connectors.

I hope this is helpful. I love this title and it was a bummer not having the T-Rex working. My wife and I just put a couple hours on it yesterday and everything seemed to be working great!

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Piddy:

T-Rex Issues Resolved and Preventative Measures
So I read through the posts after my initial post regarding the problem with the T-Rex not starting events properly, namely would not release the ball during T-Rex Multiball. Since that time I opened a ticket with Stern and spent a LOT of time trouble shooting. I have taken that poor dino apart more time than I would care to admit, and I learned a lot about how it works. I thought I would pass along the biggest lessons in case anyone else is having similar issues or you want to do some preventative measures to keep this from happening.
Cause of the problem:
Jaw Optos not registering. You can check in switch test by sticking your finger in the T-Rex Mouth - if you don't see it register things will get more intimate between you and your Rex, FYI.
For me, this problem was caused by two things. And those, in my opinion were a result of fatigue caused by the movement of the T-Rex during play.
1. There was a broken solder point on the lower jaw opto positive that broke due to fatigue. Stern had sent me new optos to try and I actually missed this break during that swap. It wasn't until I went back through my photos I noticed it.
2.The ground wire for the top opto had a break in it. The wires for both optos are shrink tubed, run down the "neck," and are zip tied in place. Once I had replaced and repined that wire into the molex connector everything worked and the optos registered on the switch test.
Preventative Measures:
1. For the ground wire I added a double layer of heat shrink to that whole bundle of wires running down the neck. I also did not zip tie then down as tightly as they can go to keep them from pinching the wires and breaking one of them again. Tight enough to keep them in place, just not torqued down.
2. I added two zip ties and shrink tube to the lower opto wires to help create a flex point in the wire itself and not on the solder points of the opto board. This will probably be controversial as one of them runs under the opto board itself, but I think this will be a huge improvement.
3. The two connectors for the optos that come up from under the playfield are shorter than the other wires - the ones that connect power to the motors). I added about 8 inches of wires for each of these to give a little more slack to the movement. This should prevent causing a fatigue malfunction under the playfield now that I have prevented them in the T-Rex itself - the fatigue malfunctions may have been a result of these being too short in the first place. This one requires more shrink tube, soldering, and repining all the wires to the connectors.
I hope this is helpful. I love this title and it was a bummer not having the T-Rex working. My wife and I just put a couple hours on it yesterday and everything seemed to be working great!

Great post - thanks for sharing your experience and fix. There's been a few people post about there T-Rex not releasing the ball, so this is really good know.

#5362 3 years ago

Hye everyone, I have a really strange issue that I'm hoping someone can see if they can replicate. I was having issues with my Trex and it turned out there was a loose wire. Long story short when the Trex was put back together node 9 wouldn't work with all the plugs reconnected. The node works fine when the 2 pin connector below is disconnected which makes me think there is a fault.

The strange thing is, with the 2 pin disconnected, everything appears to be playing normally and I can't figure out what it does. Everything in the Trex functions correctly as far as I can tell; horizontal and vertical motors, jaw coil, magnet coil, jaw opto.

Can anyone tell me what this 2 pin is for?

20200517_121109 (resized).jpg20200517_121109 (resized).jpg20200517_121125 (resized).jpg20200517_121125 (resized).jpg
#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Hye everyone, I have a really strange issue that I'm hoping someone can see if they can replicate. I was having issues with my Trex and it turned out there was a loose wire. Long story short when the Trex was put back together node 9 wouldn't work with all the plugs reconnected. The node works fine when the 2 pin connector below is disconnected which makes me think there is a fault.
The strange thing is, with the 2 pin disconnected, everything appears to be playing normally and I can't figure out what it does. Everything in the Trex functions correctly as far as I can tell; horizontal and vertical motors, jaw coil, magnet coil, jaw opto.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those 2 wires are still shorting out. We had the same issue, the wires were worn through and touching the metal in TRexs head.

I am fairly sure they are for the opto is the T Rex's mouth.

#5364 3 years ago

Having a load of issues with this T-Rex! Posted in the other JP group, but figured Prem/LE owners might be able to help out.

Took some slow-mo vids of me taking shots at the T-Rex.

I've also noticed I've been getting a surprising amount of failed shots to the ramp when the T-Rex head it out of the way. Seems to either rattle at the opening, and not make it all the way up and roll back down for a guaranteed SDTM.

I have my game set at 6.5 degrees, and I've also replaced my coil stops. I also have the ramp opto fix from Stern installed.

Not sure what else to do here.

#5365 3 years ago

From the video it looks like the head is not centered on the ramp. The ball seems to strike the right side of the head and rattle, loosing momentum or jumping up and hitting the roof of the mouth. The head also seems loose as it moves a lot when the ball strikes it. As for the ramp entrance rattle, those seem to be just missed ramp shots.

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I have my game set at 6.5 degrees

Not a huge deal and I know page 5 of the manual recommends 6.5°, but consensus is the optimum gameplay pitch is ideal at 7°. Just an FYI.

#5367 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Not a huge deal and I know page 5 of the manual recommends 6.5°, but consensus is the optimum gameplay pitch is ideal at 7°. Just an FYI.

You guys cranking legs all the way up to get 7? I've got the levellers more than half way put to get 6.5.

#5368 3 years ago

You guys cranking legs all the way up to get 7? I've got the levellers more than half way put to get 6.5.

My front legs are almost all the way down, so pretty much all my pitch is from jacking the rear levelers up.

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My front legs are almost all the way down, so pretty much all my pitch is from jacking the rear levelers up.

My front legs are down completely, and the rear is 60% up and it's at 6.5-6.6.

#5370 3 years ago

Jacked up in the rear to 7.0, butter shots everywhere and every lane

#5371 3 years ago

I saw this tonight. Hmmm. I love toppers, but $600?? Ouch.
Sounds like an unlocked special mode only for topper owners. Haven’t heard of this before. That’s NOT gonna go over well with the pinball crowd.

24F5566B-A8C7-4A64-B34F-FB81B781FEE2 (resized).png24F5566B-A8C7-4A64-B34F-FB81B781FEE2 (resized).png
#5372 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I saw this tonight. Hmmm. I love toppers, but $600?? Ouch.
Sounds like an unlocked special mode only for topper owners. Haven’t heard of this before. That’s NOT gonna go over well with the pinball crowd.
[quoted image]

Absolutely not! Worse than selling ST without UV KIT... What’s this? We got an LE and need to pay MORE money to get an extra mode?? Unbelievable! Maybe trying to make up for the lack of appeal on the topper!

#5373 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Absolutely not! Worse than selling ST without UV KIT... What’s this? We got an LE and need to pay MORE money to get an extra mode?? Unbelievable! Maybe trying to make up for the lack of appeal on the topper!

All LE's owners should get this for FREE!! or at minimum half the price. CRAZY!!!! I will build my own.

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

All LE's owners should get this for FREE!! or at minimum half the price. CRAZY!!!! I will build my own.

I think people are more mad about the unlocked mode in the code. Anyone can build a topper.

#5375 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I think people are more mad about the unlocked mode in the code. Anyone can build a topper.

We can get a hacked copy soon....lol..

#5376 3 years ago

We can get a hacked copy soon....lol..

In the other JP thread this was mentioned and likely why pinbrowser has been blocked.

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

In the other JP thread this was mentioned and likely why pinbrowser has been blocked.

Exactly. Stern is clearly planning on going all in on DLC. Imagine if the TMNT topper unlocks the original series theme song that so many people are complaining about. Locking out Pinball Browser is also locking out the potential ability to enable DLC features.

This is a terrible trend and I hope nobody buys one of these toppers.

#5378 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Exactly. Stern is clearly planning on going all in on DLC. Imagine if the TMNT topper unlocks the original series theme song that so many people are complaining about. Locking out Pinball Browser is also locking out the potential ability to enable DLC features.

What is the source for your information that they are "clearly planning on going all in on DLC"?

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

JJP is now a few doors down from Stern. Interesting...lol. Of all the places to go, they land feet away. Topper is JJP pricing...haha

#5380 3 years ago

JJP is now a few doors down from Stern. Interesting...lol. Of all the places to go, they land feet away. Topper is JJP pricing...haha

Except the JJP LE toppers are terrible. At LEAST they are included with the pin

#5381 3 years ago

I’m very lucky I got a limited edition Tilt Topper which looks awesome.
I agree that all LE’s should have come with it. But if not, at least make the “full” code available some how to us without the topper?

#5382 3 years ago

Having a load of issues with this T-Rex! Posted in the other JP group, but figured Prem/LE owners might be able to help out.
Took some slow-mo vids of me taking shots at the T-Rex.

I've also noticed I've been getting a surprising amount of failed shots to the ramp when the T-Rex head it out of the way. Seems to either rattle at the opening, and not make it all the way up and roll back down for a guaranteed SDTM.
I have my game set at 6.5 degrees, and I've also replaced my coil stops. I also have the ramp opto fix from Stern installed.
Not sure what else to do here.

It looks like you still have the black spacers in under the ramp cover, i noticed less rejects on my game once i took them out

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I’m very lucky I got a limited edition Tilt Topper which looks awesome.
I agree that all LE’s should have come with it. But if not, at least make the “full” code available some how to us without the topper?

I would be cool with that.

#5384 3 years ago

I’m in!

B7DC337B-AA18-40BE-BB2C-1A5E6EB44F5D (resized).jpegB7DC337B-AA18-40BE-BB2C-1A5E6EB44F5D (resized).jpeg
#5385 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can anyone that has bought multiple new games from Stern shed any light on how their announcement of Teenage Mutant Turtles could affect production of backlogged orders of JP, etc?

JP2 has been on the line this week.

#5386 3 years ago

In the lowest vertical position should the head of the T-Rex sort of sit between the sides of the ramp so that it cannot freely move left and right without hitting the ramp?

Also, should the assembly in the back rock back and forth this much?

#5387 3 years ago

One more issue to tackle as well. The truck doesn't spin unless it's a perfectly placed shot to the button of the stationary ball.

I remember I used to get it spinning from upper flipper shots, but now they barely budge it.

Anyone have this happen and know of a fix?

#5388 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m in!
[quoted image]

Really?? I was struggling to believe Stern would sell a single unit, but you've proved me wrong. Hope it puts a smile on your face.

#5389 3 years ago

#5390 3 years ago

Stern can suck my nut for $600 on a topper.

Another $tern cash grab..

#5391 3 years ago

I wonder how many they have made? They cant keep up with production on many other items...I bet it's like 25 and they sell all those it's a success.

When I toured the factory and we went into the cage for something I was buying at that time it was slim on many things...now with all things going on it cant be overflowing or people will wait months after paying $600 for delivery. We shall see.

Crazy ass topper at $650 with shipping....

#5392 3 years ago

Ok, JP Tilt Toppers sold out. Not remaking it.

#5393 3 years ago

edit/nevermind

#5394 3 years ago

I wonder how many they have made? They cant keep up with production on many other items...I bet it's like 25 and they sell all those it's a success.
When I toured the factory and we went into the cage for something I was buying at that time it was slim on many things...now with all things going on it cant be overflowing or people will wait months after paying $600 for delivery. We shall see.
Crazy ass topper at $650 with shipping....

Yeah, that's rough. 20 bucks says the additional downloaded software is a special multi ball...nothing flattering.....

#5395 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Yeah, that's rough. 20 bucks says the additional downloaded software is a special multi ball...nothing flattering.....

You light letters as you capture dinos, progress carries over between games. Spell out Jurassic Park and you get a goat frenzy mode.

#5396 3 years ago

A cool video of Jp actors. Then and now .

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from Had:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Exact same issue with mine. Wrote detailed fix on my blog here ...
BTW, easy 30 minute fix once you know what the issue is

https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/27/the-park-is-closed/

#5398 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Exact same issue with mine. Wrote detailed fix on my blog here ...
BTW, easy 30 minute fix once you know what the issue is
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/27/the-park-is-closed/

Nice write-up. Should be a ‘key post.’

#5399 3 years ago

Greatings JP owners!

Need and advice, planning to buy a JP but can't decide between premium or LE.
Can't find the differences and don't know if it worth the extra cash for a LE.

Will appreciate any feedback!! Thank you

#5400 3 years ago

Toppers sold out from stern....all 10 of them...lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.