(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,218 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 439 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 185.
#5251 3 years ago

A mystery black screw showed up just above the top of my right sling.

TRex has all 3 in the jaw, helo blade assembly has all 3, helipad sign has all 4, raptor tower has all 5, raptor pen has the 3 in top, TRex fence has 3 each side.... I’m stumped, any suggestions??

91F50AA1-5398-4715-9DE6-B982AD4EB5ED (resized).jpeg91F50AA1-5398-4715-9DE6-B982AD4EB5ED (resized).jpeg

#5252 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

A mystery black screw showed up just above the top of my right sling.
TRex has all 3 in the jaw, helo blade assembly has all 3, helipad sign has all 4, raptor tower has all 5, raptor pen has the 3 in top, TRex fence has 3 each side.... I’m stumped, any suggestions??
[quoted image]

Found it.

Apparently there are two of these in the neck of TRex also.... mine has one ☝️

#5253 3 years ago

Everynow and then my game releases two balls into the shooter lane. Happens on my GB as well. Anybody know how to fix this?

#5254 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Everynow and then my game releases two balls into the shooter lane. Happens on my GB as well. Anybody know how to fix this?

happens on my batman 66 as well.

#5255 3 years ago

Happens on mine as well

#5256 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Happens on lots of Sterns.
Try lowering the ball eject power.
The 1st ball is hitting the rail in the shooter lane and bouncing back in on top of a second ball. The game sees no ball in the lane and loads another ball into the lane (now 2).

Also, check that the switch in the shooter lane is working correctly in switch test mode.

#5257 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Happens on lots of Sterns.
Try lowering the ball eject power.
The 1st ball is hitting the rail in the shooter lane and bouncing back in on top of a second ball. The game sees no ball in the lane and loads another ball into the lane (now 2).
Also, check that the switch in the shooter lane is working correctly in switch test mode.

Thanks....where is that setting for ball eject? I must have missed it . Thanks.

#5258 3 years ago

Feature Adjustments
Trough Eject Power
try 180

#5259 3 years ago

Just signed for delivery! (I ripped it open to inspect first)

20200505_114734 (resized).jpg20200505_114734 (resized).jpg20200505_114750 (resized).jpg20200505_114750 (resized).jpg
#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!
You have a DDR in your garage. Cool!

#5261 3 years ago

Congrats!
You have a DDR in your garage. Cool!

Thanks! The DDR was my wife's xmas gift in 2018, she loves the game!

#5262 3 years ago

Feature Adjustments
Trough Eject Power
try 180

Thank you. I set it to 190 for now and it’s a ton better. Less wear and tear on that shooter lane can’t hurt either

#5263 3 years ago

Feature Adjustments
Trough Eject Power
try 180

Thanks for the info/.

#5264 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!!!

What will be your top 3 mods???

#5265 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Congrats!!!!
What will be your top 3 mods???

Well I have a shaker, mirror blades, and green rubbers ready to install. I also have a barbasol can mod coming from MezelMods to cover the control room flasher and some flipper toppers.

Past that, I haven't looked into more. I'll probably powdercoat it at some point like I did on my Deadpool, and maybe make some speaker LEDs.

#5266 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I have a shaker, mirror blades, and green rubbers ready to install. I also have a barbasol can mod coming from MezelMods to cover the control room flasher and some flipper toppers.
Past that, I haven't looked into more. I'll probably powdercoat it at some point like I did on my Deadpool, and maybe make some speaker LEDs.

Best $8-$10 mod ever from Amazon.
How Stern did not include this one is amazing.

16AE525F-FA43-41B3-8ED5-34E49704B472 (resized).jpeg16AE525F-FA43-41B3-8ED5-34E49704B472 (resized).jpeg

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

[quoted image]

Agreed, I installed mine and love it! Really looks like it should have been there from the factory.

#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

[quoted image]

That's awesome! Would you mind sharing a link to it?

#5269 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

That's awesome! Would you mind sharing a link to it?

It has been shared a couple of times in this thread and the regular JP thread.
When you search Amazon Pteranodon just include the word Papo.
It will bring up the correct one.

#5270 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

It has been shared a couple of times in this thread and the regular JP thread.
When you search Amazon Pteranodon just include the word Papo.
It will bring up the correct one.

Looks cool. I'm waiting on my JP and it may be a couple of months. What did you use to attach it there?

#5271 3 years ago

It’s been said time and time again...the play field angle on this pin must be dialed in. I had mine set to 7.1 degrees and was having a rough time. Decided to change it, guessed at 6.8 degrees, and the shots are like a hot knife through butter now. Using the Pinguy app, so my cal could be off, plus the iPhone camera bump doesn’t help. But, wow...0.3 degrees?!

#5272 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Looks cool. I'm waiting on my JP and it may be a couple of months. What did you use to attach it there?

Just use 2 of these little brass electrical wire connectors. One on the game post and one under the Pteranodon.
You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes.
They allow you to turn and lock down your wire in any position you like. So it will always be just how you want him positioned.
We used a thick guage sign wire you can also pick up at Home Depot.

17EBE700-0827-43D8-9356-29B0906B1CD5 (resized).png17EBE700-0827-43D8-9356-29B0906B1CD5 (resized).png6B321A37-49E5-4EF1-A256-80A53632F78F (resized).png6B321A37-49E5-4EF1-A256-80A53632F78F (resized).pngA948361B-154D-421A-9081-F90D1BFCBEA7 (resized).jpegA948361B-154D-421A-9081-F90D1BFCBEA7 (resized).jpeg
#5273 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! Great advice and insight from you and Iamagamejunky. Wish there was a ship with legs on option but oh well.
Sounds like most feedback for this year's playfields has been positive. Since you are getting one from the most recent run (build dates?), I would be very interested in hearing about your playfield, t-rex, etc. Thanks!

Following up on the playfield, as promised.

I got my game today and as far as I'm concerned the playfield is perfect. I can't find any indication of ribbing, sunken/raised inserts, or any other flaws. If I run my hand across it it feels perfectly flat. It does look like a thinner clear coat than what's on my Deadpool and Maiden, I'd say it's similar in thickness to the clear on my TSPP.

The build date for my game is 3/19/2020 (PF build date is 3/2/2020).

Anyways, this game rocks and I'm super glad I picked it up!
20200505_223550 (resized).jpg20200505_223550 (resized).jpg20200505_215055 (resized).jpg20200505_215055 (resized).jpg20200505_230026 (resized).jpg20200505_230026 (resized).jpg

#5274 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I got my game today and as far as I'm concerned the playfield is perfect. I can't find any indication of ribbing, sunken/raised inserts, or any other flaws. If I run my hand across it it feels perfectly flat. It does look like a thinner clear coat than what's on my Deadpool and Maiden, I'd say it's similar in thickness to the clear on my TSPP.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great trio right there!!

#5275 3 years ago

Can someone lend a hand? I’ve had this problem since day dot. Tried varying playfield angles, double checked everything, but orbit shots continually hit the truck on the way around. Drives me crazy.

#5276 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Can someone lend a hand? I’ve had this problem since day dot. Tried varying playfield angles, double checked everything, but orbit shots continually hit the truck on the way around. Drives me crazy.

Playfield angle??

#5277 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just use 2 of these little brass electrical wire connectors. One on the game post and one under the Pteranodon.
You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes.
They allow you to turn and lock down your wire in any position you like. So it will always be just how you want him positioned.
We used a thick guage sign wire you can also pick up at Home Depot.

Thanks man! My JP is probably still a few months off with the line closed but I’ll order this stuff so aI have it ready when it does arrive.

#5278 3 years ago

Thanks! Congrats and glad to hear everything looks good. With that build date, you likely got one of the last ones before they had to close down the line. Mine is on order so it will probably be a few months but will cross my fingers it will be just as nice.

If you don’t mind, I’d be interested to hear about how it looks in 2-3 weeks once it is broken in in regards to any dimpling. I expect some as my GB has minor dimpling as well but am hoping any large craters are a non issue as well.

#5279 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks! Congrats and glad to hear everything looks good. With that build date, you likely got one of the last ones before they had to close down the line. Mine is on order so it will probably be a few months but will cross my fingers it will be just as nice.
If you don’t mind, I’d be interested to hear about how it looks in 2-3 weeks once it is broken in in regards to any dimpling. I expect some as my GB has minor dimpling as well but am hoping any large craters are a non issue as well.

I assume you meant to quote me . I'm not too worried about dimpling, that's unavoidable with wood and clearcoat and just something I expect with pinball (Every clearcoated game I have has dimpling). As much as we want these to be show pieces at the end of the day it's a ball bearing being thrown around at high speed bouncing all over the place. Some damage is going to happen.

#5280 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Playfield angle??

I’ve tried everything from 6ish to 8ish, now around the 7 mark

#5281 3 years ago

I had the exact same problem. Just needed to loosen the nut for the end of the ball guide at the orbit exit, push the end of the guide more toward the standup target that's there, and crank it back down tight. Moving the end of the guide just a very small fraction toward that target made the difference on mine. It took a VERY hard push to get it to move and to hold it in that position while someone re-tightens the nut for the ball guide. I reached from across the other side of the machine with the head of some pliers pushing against it while my son re-tightened it. On mine it worked great for a week or two and then I had to re-do it. Then I had to re-do it again about a month later, but now it's been a couple months since I've had to do it again (of course now I've jinxed it so I imagine I'll have to do it again this weekend). Here's what I posted when I did it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66#post-5328991

#5282 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Good stuff! My Premium is being shipped either tomorrow or Friday so I assume it has a similar date....can't wait to find out!

#5283 3 years ago

Sometimes my T-Rex nicely places the ball on the wireform, sometimes he whips it anywhere. This sound right? Based on all the other tweaks I've had to do out of the box, I wouldn't put it past the "QC" at Stern to miss it.

#5284 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Sometimes my T-Rex nicely places the ball on the wireform, sometimes he whips it anywhere. This sound right? Based on all the other tweaks I've had to do out of the box, I wouldn't put it past the "QC" at Stern to miss it.

The T-Rex modes are choreographed differently...the game is designed that way.

#5285 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The T-Rex modes are choreographed differently...the game is designed that way.

In addition they gave the ability to tune to your liking in the code so if you just want it to place on the wireform every time you can do that.

#5286 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

There’s a setting that relates to TRex throwing the ball or not throwing the ball. As gblack was alluding to. I set mine to “no” and now TRex always places the ball on the guide.

#5287 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Good stuff! My Premium is being shipped either tomorrow or Friday so I assume it has a similar date....can't wait to find out!

Is Stern still making games? Surprised March builds all hadn't shipped already.

#5288 3 years ago

Am I losing my Mind or is their some secret for Adjusting back and front Leg Levelers...

#5289 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Am I losing my Mind or is their some secret for Adjusting back and front Leg Levelers...

You’re losing you mind. Quarantine induced cabin fever lol..

Maybe if you describe the problem we can help?

#5290 3 years ago

Not Possible to spin levelers....Top of Bolt has a slot, and looks like a lock nut.
Standard nut below leg.

Ive locked and double locked, and cant move....Screwdriver in top?

Or, I am just weak as shit right now?

#5291 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not Possible to spin levelers....Top of Bolt has a slot, and looks like a lock nut.
Standard nut below leg.
Ive locked and double locked, and cant move....Screwdriver in top?
Or, I am just weak as shit right now?

Never seen levelers like that. Here’s mine.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5292 3 years ago

Thank You. Yes, All mine look like that!

The inside nut on mine doesnt budge. The whole piece will spin, but not advance up or down the thread.
Ive Channel Locked Both nuts and Pulled in Both Directions. Ive loosened thread with Lubricant, just in case.
Ive never seen the slot at the top before.

Nevermind. I hate having to haul the lift into the house to adjust a game.
Turns out, as I finally received a digital level from the other end of the world....

When the game was delivered and set up for me, the back levelers were set at its highest point, and the front near the lowest.
So this was around 9 degrees! I made all my shots, Although "A" could be a bitch sometimes.
So the back legs, the bolts are bent just enough, that they would not move, and were thread locked.

Dont get old. Something easy to fix can take forever!!! And then you have to find your glasses!

20200506_172455 (resized).jpg20200506_172455 (resized).jpg

#5293 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is Stern still making games? Surprised March builds all hadn't shipped already.

I was surprised to see it turn up as well as I don't think they are making games currently. We'll see what the build date is. I purchased it last Friday and they said they picked it up from Stern the day before. Maybe just a left over?

#5294 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Congrats! So glad you got a good one.

Sucks though, that we even have to open these things NIB with our fingers crossed, praying for a quality playfield.

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Great to hear. I've had mine out of the box for about a month now and am completely satisfied. The amount and variety of shot angles is incredible. from each of the 3 flippers there is at least 5 shots not even counting the backhands. the sheer variety of play from one game to the next is a pleasure that renders each game unique. (*f* nedrey) I think the smart missile may be the key to high scoring, other than accurate shooting. Have fun!

#5296 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I assume you meant to quote me . I'm not too worried about dimpling, that's unavoidable with wood and clearcoat and just something I expect with pinball (Every clearcoated game I have has dimpling). As much as we want these to be show pieces at the end of the day it's a ball bearing being thrown around at high speed bouncing all over the place. Some damage is going to happen.

I'm not worried about dimpling either. My GB has it but it is small and doesn't affect anything. What I was talking about was developing a major crater or two . I think that is pretty rare, though, so not something I'm going to worry too much about at this point.

#5297 3 years ago

I realize it’s preference but for the playfield of the JP are people liking the pin stadium omega or fusion? I haven’t seen the fusion in person but the streak effect on the ramps bugs me.

Also is there any chance LE blade art will be available for purchase or does Stern try to keep that copyrighted/locked down to keep the LE unique?

#5298 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I realize it’s preference but for the playfield of the JP are people liking the pin stadium omega or fusion? I haven’t seen the fusion in person but the streak effect on the ramps bugs me.

I have the Omegas on mine - no striping.

D83B5C55-6CEB-49BD-A753-DA7EC060E274 (resized).jpegD83B5C55-6CEB-49BD-A753-DA7EC060E274 (resized).jpeg
#5299 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Also is there any chance LE blade art will be available for purchase or does Stern try to keep that copyrighted/locked down to keep the LE unique?

stadium lighting is not needed on this one, my old game room is rather dark and never had any lighting issues.

#5300 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

stadium lighting is not needed on this one, my old game room is rather dark and never had any lighting issues.

Thats good to hear. They aren’t cheap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 9,218 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/106?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.