(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 185.
#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Since you are getting one from the most recent run (build dates?), I would be very interested in hearing about your playfield, t-rex, etc. Thanks!

The distributor I bought it from told me it was from the March run, so I'll post the date once I get it. I'm a bit curious about the trex as well. Some people seem to have to adjust it a lot, while others barely have to touch it. Hopefully that was also sorted out in the newer runs. Either way I'm expecting a lot of tweaking at first since it'll be jostled a lot in shipment.

#5202 3 years ago

Heli on the helipad....
Took this idea from someone with the pro. But even with the spinner blades it looks cool.

20200429_214430 (resized).jpg20200429_214430 (resized).jpg20200429_214436 (resized).jpg20200429_214436 (resized).jpg
#5203 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Heli on the helipad....
Took this idea from someone with the pro. But even with the spinner blades it looks cool.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.
What toy copter? and what is the difficulty level to install?

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Heli on the helipad....
Took this idea from someone with the pro. But even with the spinner blades it looks cool.[quoted image][quoted image]

very very nice. I’ve drilled a Coptic to do the same but I don’t hav the correct colour scheme on mine so it’ll need a repaint. Correct copy or is available but I’m not paying $45 shipping from the us or uk to Australia for a $5 toy

#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Heli on the helipad....

Yes I've got the same on my LE (although it is facing towards the bottom right corner) - looks great and works well.

#5206 3 years ago

Just about every other time, my T-Rex will, upon starting a T-Rex mode, lay his head down to his left (the player's right) and take a nap on the habitrail rather than center and open his mouth to be fed the ball. Not sure why this is happening. I took apart the head and made sure everything was tightened up, and I'm using all factory defaults in the code to control his head (except for ball hold strength since the ball kept falling out of his mouth).

Has anybody else seen this behavior, and if so, do you have any idea what causes it? Trying to avoid a call to Chas for something stupid.

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just about every other time, my T-Rex will, upon starting a T-Rex mode, lay his head down to his left (the player's right) and take a nap on the habitrail rather than center and open his mouth to be fed the ball. Not sure why this is happening. I took apart the head and made sure everything was tightened up, and I'm using all factory defaults in the code to control his head (except for ball hold strength since the ball kept falling out of his mouth).
Has anybody else seen this behavior, and if so, do you have any idea what causes it? Trying to avoid a call to Chas for something stupid.

This happened on mine once about a week ago. Hadn't happened before and hasn't happened since though.

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This happened on mine once about a week ago. Hadn't happened before and hasn't happened since though.

Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me. The infuriating thing is that I can't find anything consistent that causes it. It seems like if I turn the machine on and leave it on for a bit before playing, it won't happen...until today when that theory was completely backward. Then sometimes it seems like one day it'll play perfectly and the next the T-Rex takes a nap. I actually had a day when I rebooted the game and it fixed the problem. So what is that??? A code problem, or a hardware problem? I have no freaking clue...

#5209 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Very nice.
What toy copter? and what is the difficulty level to install?

Look for Augusta new ray 1:100 on eBay. They are cheap around 5-10 dollar. I painted mine. You have to drill and finally I took the Dremel to just cut out the side. That took some skill but steady hand will do. The only thing is that all is getting very hot when grinding out the side.

#5210 3 years ago

STI just picked up my NIB Premium! Should have it early next week

#5211 3 years ago

I'm doing a small run of some flipper toppers I made a while ago for anyone interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1232-pinball-stuff/03028-jurassic-park-flipper-toppers

bf6b1e8cee0cb742bec8098b4ffc81f83db6e8cd (resized).jpgbf6b1e8cee0cb742bec8098b4ffc81f83db6e8cd (resized).jpg
#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I’ve been looking for a JP Premium on the secondary market but there haven’t been many I’ve seen pop up out west here. Thinking I’ll probably just bite the bullet and order a NIB for June/July timeframe (or whenever they can open their line back up).
Can those that have Premiums made late last year or this year speak to the playfield quality? I’ve been interested in JP since it was announced but developed some serious reservations reading about the pooling and chipping issues many owners were reporting early on. Is this a thing of the past or is it still somewhat luck of the draw buying NIB?
Also, this would be my first NIB purchase. I would actually prefer one used not only because I could assess PF condition but also because delivery with legs on would make it easier for me to just slide it into my house without having to bring people over to help lift, put legs on, etc. Can anyone give me an idea of how much the box will weigh and how difficult or easy it would be for two people (me and my wife) to set up? Any insight is very appreciated.

I think I got one of the last ones off the line before the factory closed. It was my first NIB ever, and I was quite nervous after reading about issues folks had.
Mine shipped on March 27th the week the factory closed (I think). The playfield is pristine. I have read all the forum threads regarding playfield issues, washers, etc...and see no evidence of any issues at all.

As for putting the legs on...it can be done by one person. There' s a couple of good videos out there to help you. Of course it's nice to hav a 2nd set of hands. My lady helped me slide a small step-ladder under the machine once we went to attach the front legs.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me. The infuriating thing is that I can't find anything consistent that causes it. It seems like if I turn the machine on and leave it on for a bit before playing, it won't happen...until today when that theory was completely backward. Then sometimes it seems like one day it'll play perfectly and the next the T-Rex takes a nap. I actually had a day when I rebooted the game and it fixed the problem. So what is that??? A code problem, or a hardware problem? I have no freaking clue...

Ok, so I guess I jinxed myself. I just played and it did it again on a T-Rex multiball start. It did its intro and then laid its head down on the side of the ramp for a quick snooze. When the ball went through the left ramp to start multiball it perked back up again though. Then when I started T-Rex chase a few minutes later in the same game everything was normal. Didn't happen in the next game I played after that either. Definitely odd.

#5214 3 years ago

For those thinking they will have a better shot at nicer playfield with a later build date, guess again. Mine is a February 2020 build and it is by far the worst playfield I have ever seen from Stern and that includes the ghosting GB playfield I once had.

Clearcoat is waaay too thin and does not appear smooth under light. Raised and sunken inserts pretty much through out. I even have the opposite of a dimple, almost looks like a screw was about to be drilled through. Not too happy but I think I will manage. If this were my only machine I don't think I would be as forgiving.

The one pic is a small sample of all the flaws.
20200430_165042.jpg20200430_165042.jpg

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ok, so I guess I jinxed myself. I just played and it did it again on a T-Rex multiball start. It did its intro and then laid its head down on the side of the ramp for a quick snooze. When the ball went through the left ramp to start multiball it perked back up again though. Then when I started T-Rex chase a few minutes later in the same game everything was normal. Didn't happen in the next game I played after that either. Definitely odd.

I want to say that the only time it happens is if the head is already facing left (your right) when the mode is started. That's the only constant thread I can pick up...any other time, it centers, lowers, and opens its mouth like it should. Now, if that's the case, I have no idea how that mech works as to what would be failing when the head is to the left, or how to fix that. It's looking like Chas and I may get to know each other very well again soon...

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

For those thinking they will have a better shot at nicer playfield with a later build date, guess again. Mine is a February 2020 build and it is by far the worst playfield I have ever seen from Stern and that includes the ghosting GB playfield I once had.
Clearcoat is waaay too thin and does not appear smooth under light. Raised and sunken inserts pretty much through out. I even have the opposite of a dimple, almost looks like a screw was about to be drilled through. Not too happy but I think I will manage. If this were my only machine I don't think I would be as forgiving.
[quoted image]

Many people are following the playfield thread, maybe put it on there too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/102#post-5625167

It is shit like this that will end Stern if they are not careful. As sales go down, they need to stand behind their product. Check every playfield properly before putting them into a game. I think you should say something to your distro, we have been.

#5217 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

[quoted image]

Good grief. Just when I'm feeling better about venturing in and buying NIB, I read this....

Why can't Stern get their QC right?

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

because they dont care, as they're still selling pins !!!
if you want to be sure to have what you are looking/waiting for, than forget about NIB and go for HUO...

#5219 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Good grief. Just when I'm feeling better about venturing in and buying NIB, I read this....

I still think the playfields with issues are a very small percentage of the total.

#5220 3 years ago

For anyone interested in getting a prem, it looks like Great American Pinball has one in stock.

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

[quoted image]

You literally just saved me 7k +. I almost just bought one today. Seriously.

Yes wackybrakke you can downvote this post like the rest above since you get so triggered. Lmao

#5222 3 years ago

Does EricHadley work for Stern? In QC?

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Does wackybrakke work for Stern? In QC?

I think so.

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Yes wackybrakke you can downvote this post like the rest above since you get so triggered. Lmao

It's truly an awesome game, maybe one of Sterns best of all time. So to hear that you backed out gives me no pleasure at all, but If I helped you in any way, you are very welcome.

#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

[quoted image]

Well that's a shame, I'm sorry you got that PF with yours . Fingers crossed for mine I suppose. I was under the impression they had more or less resolved the PF issues, I hope once they're back in their factory they'll send you a populated replacement. I heard they did that with at least a few people when the JP run started.

#5226 3 years ago

T-Rex multiball- How long does your dino hold onto the ball? Mine seems to be holding it longer. Ball save is nearly gone by the time the ball is dropped from the T-Rex mouth. I see there are some adjustments regarding ticks in the menu, but not sure that would impact this.

#5227 3 years ago

Probably a 5 second Dino hold time and then another 5 seconds or so before the ball save times out. I use that second ball to try for the C-shot and then H. If I miss, I let it drain until I hit it or have to move on.

#5228 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

And my 3/20 produced PF is perfect. So, take comments (including this one) with grains of salt.

#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I think I got one of the last ones off the line before the factory closed. It was my first NIB ever, and I was quite nervous after reading about issues folks had.
Mine shipped on March 27th the week the factory closed (I think). The playfield is pristine. I have read all the forum threads regarding playfield issues, washers, etc...and see no evidence of any issues at all.
As for putting the legs on...it can be done by one person. There' s a couple of good videos out there to help you. Of course it's nice to hav a 2nd set of hands. My lady helped me slide a small step-ladder under the machine once we went to attach the front legs.

Thank you! Looks like it won't be too difficult if a setup. Now I'll just pray the playfield is good

#5230 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

For anyone interested in getting a prem, it looks like Great American Pinball has one in stock.

Much appreciated! I just called and purchased so officially part of The Club

#5231 3 years ago

My playfield also is perfect, way better than my stranger things playfield

20200411_224735 (resized).jpg20200411_224735 (resized).jpg
#5232 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

[quoted image]

Which is the better game? I've never played Stranger Things but have really liked the JP Pro the few times I've played it. Won't change my decision to get a JP but just interested in how you like Sranger Thingd.

#5233 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

The website is collage.com and I pulled images off google images, filtered to large resolution. Be careful not to go with a large 60/80...
Let us see your final choice.
Good Luck.
P.S> use the honey app to search for biggest coupon...I saved a nice chunk.

You inspired me. Lol. I went a slightly different route though...

AC6C998C-330D-4206-A46C-52F820716D9A (resized).jpegAC6C998C-330D-4206-A46C-52F820716D9A (resized).jpegDF713F90-C69F-4E1A-9949-F9A2AB22C580 (resized).jpegDF713F90-C69F-4E1A-9949-F9A2AB22C580 (resized).jpeg
#5234 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Which is the better game? I've never played Stranger Things but have really liked the JP Pro the few times I've played it. Won't change my decision to get a JP but just interested in how you like Sranger Thingd.

JP is better. But the projector on Stranger Things is so cool. Targets that change and ramps that dynamically tell you what they are worth is what pinball 2000 tried to be and wasn’t able to keep enough pinball in it. I think the whole projector concept could really take off for targets and ramps alone. It’s absolutely wild.

But JP is a better game.

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

You inspired me. Lol. I went a slightly different route though...[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome!
Might have to copy that for all my games.

#5236 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

JP is better. But the projector on Stranger Things is so cool. Targets that change and ramps that dynamically tell you what they are worth is what pinball 2000 tried to be and wasn’t able to keep enough pinball in it. I think the whole projector concept could really take off for targets and ramps alone. It’s absolutely wild.
But JP is a better game.

This is true. JP is a better game. But for some reason I play my SThLE WAY more than I play my JPLE. It's far more addictive than JP is, and it's one of those games where you're always just one shot away from something great before you drain ball 3. That's the genius of this game and AFM, which is very similar. STh and JP are two of the most fun games I own and I don't think you could go wrong either way (it helps to be into the theme of either one, of course).

#5237 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have a stranger things LE and a jurassic park premium. They are 2 completely different games both are fun, but jurassic park I would say is better, but stranger things is super fun and has that one more game feel but must get the premium or le for the projector as that what makes it unique.

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

[quoted image]

I asked about any known issues with STh playfields over on that forum and didn't hear anything negative, other than normal dimples. Not trying to derail the JP thread here. Would you please explain what problems you had/have with your STh PF?
Thanks in advance

#5239 3 years ago

Not any problems but alot of dimples where my jurassic park has none. That's what I meant as the jurassic park playfield was way better. It's funny because I look at some of my older machines like my congo which has a TAG playfield has no dimples or wear, and my shadow is nothing but dimples. So who knows way some games have them and some games dont.

#5240 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Not any problems but alot of dimples where my jurassic park has none. That's what I meant as the jurassic park playfield was way better. It's funny because I look at some of my older machines like my congo which has a TAG playfield has no dimples or wear, and my shadow is nothing but dimples. So who knows way some games have them and some games dont.

Ok good. Thanks for replying.

#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Probably a 5 second Dino hold time and then another 5 seconds or so before the ball save times out. I use that second ball to try for the C-shot and then H. If I miss, I let it drain until I hit it or have to move on.

Hmm ok. I sometimes can only get off one maybe two shots with the second before the ball saver times out.

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

You inspired me. Lol. I went a slightly different route though...[quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice

Was this made at same place??

Did you do any others we can see??

#5243 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Very Nice
Was this made at same place??
Did you do any others we can see??

Yep same place. I realized after I ordered it that I didn’t fully explore their configurator. I would have changed a thing or two. But overall I’m happy with it.
I only did the one for now. I wanted to see how it turned out before I order one for TAF.

#5244 3 years ago

I’m in, boys! First NIB!

B9235369-51A6-4B47-82F7-B970E4B926C5 (resized).jpegB9235369-51A6-4B47-82F7-B970E4B926C5 (resized).jpeg
#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I’m in, boys! First NIB!
[quoted image]

Congrats - get ready for some sore wrists!!

#5246 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Congrats - get ready for some sore wrists!!

Just like when we got internet when I was 13

#5247 3 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Yep same place. I realized after I ordered it that I didn’t fully explore their configurator. I would have changed a thing or two. But overall I’m happy with it.
I only did the one for now. I wanted to see how it turned out before I order one for TAF.

Great Value.

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I’m in, boys! First NIB!
[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to the club.

jp2 (resized).jpgjp2 (resized).jpg
#5249 3 years ago

Great first NIB choice. Congrats. You will love it.

#5250 3 years ago

It's so time for a new mod.............what have you guys added lately? I need to catch up...been busy with new JOB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/105?hl=charger68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.