(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 184.
#5151 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Mine has been doing that A LOT since the last update. Worked perfectly before, actually glad I'm not the only one.
Either coming up and sending the ball flying or coming up after the ball has passed, sucks when it happens during Invalid frenzy.

I've had it hit up into the glass there once, and it was after the last code update.

#5152 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I've had it hit up into the glass there once, and it was after the last code update.

Never seen this on mine with v1.00.0; Was about to update to v1.01.0, but now I think I’ll wait until the next update, grr.

#5153 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Mine has been doing that A LOT since the last update. Worked perfectly before, actually glad I'm not the only one.
Either coming up and sending the ball flying or coming up after the ball has passed, sucks when it happens during Invalid frenzy.

Check the up posts and make sure they are not binding. That could be causing some delayed actuation.

Rob

#5154 3 years ago

Is there a way to view the game log to see what switches/shots were made in a recent game? I looked through the menus and didn't see anything that said game log or anything similar. The last couple days just for fun I've been trying to complete the 6-way combo by mainly just shooting the spinner lane and then trying to finish it. Tonight I thought I hit the combo but it didn't award it. I got the Pteranodon DNA combo instead. I know 100% that I hit left orbit, tower, helipad, left ramp, and right ramp on consecutive shots and then on reflex I went back to the tower shot again after the right ramp. I'm 99% sure I started all that with a shot to the spinner.

I'm just curious to know if there's a way to go back and see what the game registered. I have the tape fix in place on the left orbit and haven't noticed issues with that shot registering, so I don't think that's it but I guess it could have been. I'm wondering if hitting the tower shot again at the end of it all meant the game looked at that as the final combo shot and for some reason awarded me Pteranodon DNA instead of Spinosaurus DNA. Also possible that I didn't start it with the spinner but I'd been playing to go for the combo so I'm pretty sure that's how I started it. Either way, it was an amazing rush to watch the ball flying through those shots. The flow on this game is awesome.

#5155 3 years ago

I had this happen on previous versions of the code, very early on in fact.

Only about 3 times to be exact

Mind you it only happens on laser fast shots up the C Lane and just escapes the up post firing... It is very rare though, I just leave mine on 235 factory power as my shots are dialed in perfectly with the factory setting..

#5156 3 years ago

I have a question about accuracy.
I was quite frustrated with JP until i did some shot accuaracy training- i found on this skillguide:
http://wapinball.net/skillguide.pdf
alot of helpful tips!

it says i have to hit each shot 5 times in a row, then move on to the next shot. after that, i should start combining shots.
It improved my accuracy, but im not able to shoot every shot 5 times in a row and my accuracy is also not consistent.
i have to dial in my shots again each day beacause i loose the feeling for them.
how do you do this? do you have a routine or something? i want to get better!

JP can be so frustrating if you take more than 3 tries for a shot, and it can be so good if you combine your needed shots "on the fly"
like the skillshots. Just a hint for other frustrated players

#5157 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I was quite frustrated with JP until i did some shot accuaracy training- i found on this skillguide:
alot of helpful tips!
it says i have to hit each shot 5 times in a row, then move on to the next shot. after that, i should start combining shots.
It improved my accuracy, but im not able to shoot every shot 5 times in a row and my accuracy is also not consistent.
i have to dial in my shots again each day beacause i loose the feeling for them.
JP can be so frustrating if you take more than 3 tries for a shot, and it can be so good if you combine your needed shots "on the fly"

we're not all equal to play pinball...
as lots of other things, evbd can of course improve, but you will not became a pinball wizard by just training (and starting from not playing well), i think "you have it" or "you dont have it" (personal thinking of course)

#5158 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is there a way to view the game log to see what switches/shots were made in a recent game? I looked through the menus and didn't see anything that said game log or anything similar. The last couple days just for fun I've been trying to complete the 6-way combo by mainly just shooting the spinner lane and then trying to finish it. Tonight I thought I hit the combo but it didn't award it. I got the Pteranodon DNA combo instead. I know 100% that I hit left orbit, tower, helipad, left ramp, and right ramp on consecutive shots and then on reflex I went back to the tower shot again after the right ramp. I'm 99% sure I started all that with a shot to the spinner.
I'm just curious to know if there's a way to go back and see what the game registered. I have the tape fix in place on the left orbit and haven't noticed issues with that shot registering, so I don't think that's it but I guess it could have been. I'm wondering if hitting the tower shot again at the end of it all meant the game looked at that as the final combo shot and for some reason awarded me Pteranodon DNA instead of Spinosaurus DNA. Also possible that I didn't start it with the spinner but I'd been playing to go for the combo so I'm pretty sure that's how I started it. Either way, it was an amazing rush to watch the ball flying through those shots. The flow on this game is awesome.

I don't know the answer to your question regarding data logs, I doubt it.

However I think the issue may well be the timing of the spinner shot being awarded. Take for example the combo award for Spinner - Truck. I have had that award at times I would not necessarily expect, and not award when I have definitely made the shots. I've definitely been awarded it by glancing off the truck into the spinner.
I don't know whether the spinner is awarded after 2 spins, or after the last spin happens - with a fast shot the spinner can still be spinning by the time you hit the truck and not award it. Likewise depending on the contact made with the truck can significantly change the timings of when it is awarded.

FWIW - if you're going for ANY 6 way combo, rather than the Spinosaurus 6 way combo - my preference is Left ramp, Right ramp, Upper loop, Raptor Tower, Helipad finally Control room or Spinner. It also has the bonus of the first 4 shots are the MXV skillshot.

#5159 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I don't know the answer to your question regarding data logs, I doubt it.
However I think the issue may well be the timing of the spinner shot being awarded. Take for example the combo award for Spinner - Truck. I have had that award at times I would not necessarily expect, and not award when I have definitely made the shots. I've definitely been awarded it by glancing off the truck into the spinner.
I don't know whether the spinner is awarded after 2 spins, or after the last spin happens - with a fast shot the spinner can still be spinning by the time you hit the truck and not award it. Likewise depending on the contact made with the truck can significantly change the timings of when it is awarded.
FWIW - if you're going for ANY 6 way combo, rather than the Spinosaurus 6 way combo - my preference is Left ramp, Right ramp, Upper loop, Raptor Tower, Helipad finally Control room or Spinner. It also has the bonus of the first 4 shots are the MXV skillshot.

Thanks! If the spinner still spinning is an issue for counting combos then that definitely could have been what happened on mine. I like that 6-way combo you laid out too. I'll give that a try!!!

#5160 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

alot of helpful tips!

Be patient, have fun playing, play as much as you can, and you'll keep getting better.

It took me probably 6 months playing a lot to keep the feeling for the shots on my POTC when I first started playing a lot of pinball. On Jurassic Park it took me a long time also, but part of that was because I spent a couple months making changes to pitch and flipper power to dial the shots in so I kept having to re-learn them. Once I kept flipper power and pitch the same it still took a month or so of playing a lot to develop the muscle memory to remember where the shots are.

And on Jurassic Park it only takes a small miss to cause a drain, so even though I can now hit most of the shots with a bit of consistency I still have trouble getting to the Visitor Center because it only takes 3 or 4 small misses and the game is over. So now I need to work on my ball save nudging skills. There's always something to learn

#5161 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Be patient, have fun playing, play as much as you can, and you'll keep getting better.
It took me probably 6 months playing a lot to keep the feeling for the shots on my POTC when I first started playing a lot of pinball. On Jurassic Park it took me a long time also, but part of that was because I spent a couple months making changes to pitch and flipper power to dial the shots in so I kept having to re-learn them. Once I kept flipper power and pitch the same it still took a month or so of playing a lot to develop the muscle memory to remember where the shots are.
And on Jurassic Park it only takes a small miss to cause a drain, so even though I can now hit most of the shots with a bit of consistency I still have trouble getting to the Visitor Center because it only takes 3 or 4 small misses and the game is over. So now I need to work on my ball save nudging skills. There's always something to learn

thanks for the insight!

#5162 3 years ago

Any inside info or rumors about the official Stern topper?
Yes, I know that the tilt topper looks bad ass and that lots of people think that the Stern toppers are overpriced and under featured. I still want to see what the official one will look like and what it does. I'm hoping for something animated.

#5163 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks for the insight!

The control room shot has me vexed. I hit it 'accidently' backhand from the left flipper sometimes, but the ball feed direction has to be just right.
To hit it from the right flipper, I have to let the ball roll almost completely off the flipper if the ball is rolling slowly...and 3 out of 4 times I'm getting the timing wrong, either late into the slingshot, or early into a post or raptor paddock. If there is a trick to hitting this shot more reliably, somebody tell me what it is! The other shot that is pretty tough is the right loop 'o' shot, especially in multiball...keeping the right flipper down to make the shot. Im about a month into my JP Pre now, and really happy with the game on all fronts. finally hit the 4-way skill shot! what a rush.

#5164 3 years ago

Hey, new to the club. A couple of questions and I have not read the entire forum.

Has anyone had the game start with points (sometimes 7500, sometimes 15000) in the players 1 spot before the player has launched his first ball? This has happened to me when I started a 2 player or 3 player start game. NOt all the time. Weird, just looking to see if anyone has had this happen to them.

I know there is a setting/adjustment to just the shaker motor. Is that a software menu adjustment of how long the shaker shakes? Is the intensity/vibration a physical adjustment on the motor itself? My glass rattles on my machine. I adjusted the lenght of how long it shakes. Not sure if it is the upgraded color changing front speakers that is rattling the glass or the shaker. I have to buy some glass rattle tape to stop the bad glass rattle.

Any info would be great, thanks.

#5165 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Hey, new to the club. A couple of questions and I have not read the entire forum.
Has anyone had the game start with points (sometimes 7500, sometimes 15000) in the players 1 spot before the player has launched his first ball? This has happened to me when I started a 2 player or 3 player start game. NOt all the time. Weird, just looking to see if anyone has had this happen to them.
I know there is a setting/adjustment to just the shaker motor. Is that a software menu adjustment of how long the shaker shakes? Is the intensity/vibration a physical adjustment on the motor itself? My glass rattles on my machine. I adjusted the lenght of how long it shakes. Not sure if it is the upgraded color changing front speakers that is rattling the glass or the shaker. I have to buy some glass rattle tape to stop the bad glass rattle.

Sounds like you've got a switch adjusted too tight. I had the same issue and my switch was the outlane. Often, it would register as I plunged and add another ball to the game because it had "thought" i drained.
Put the game into switch test mode, remove the glass and tap the playfield is several areas to see if it activates.
Once you find the offending switch, it can be adjusted

Go to this link and at the end of my blog post on this very game you'll see a close of up a typical switch and why/where the adjustment is
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/03/08/find-nedry/

#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Any inside info or rumors about the official Stern topper?
Yes, I know that the tilt topper looks bad ass and that lots of people think that the Stern toppers are overpriced and under featured. I still want to see what the official one will look like and what it does. I'm hoping for something animated.

Looks pretty underwhelming...

E8CE6C4B-186C-4CDF-A004-4FD89AED4E10 (resized).jpegE8CE6C4B-186C-4CDF-A004-4FD89AED4E10 (resized).jpeg
#5168 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Has anyone had the game start with points (sometimes 7500, sometimes 15000) in the players 1 spot before the player has launched his first ball?

I know there is a setting/adjustment to just the shaker motor. Is that a software menu adjustment of how long the shaker shakes? Is the intensity/vibration a physical adjustment on the motor itself?.

I've quickly started a new game with the helicopter blade still spinning which awarded points.
Definitely look in switch test mode as explained above.

There's no shaker intensity/strength adjustment on Sterns. We all wish there was. Software or physical.
If you want to try this...You can loosen and turn one of the weights on the motor shaft but it's not intended for this. The set screw won't be lined up on the flat spot on the shaft. Each weight facing the same direction is max shake. 180 degrees is minimal.
Or buy an aftermarket electric controller

#5169 3 years ago

Shaker was really good but after the first or second update it was less strong.

#5170 3 years ago

I've quickly started a new game with the helicopter blade still spinning which awarded points.
Definitely look in switch test mode as explained above.
There's no shaker intensity/strength adjustment on Sterns. We all wish there was. Software or physical.
If you want to try this...You can loosen and turn one of the weights on the motor shaft but it's not intended for this. The set screw won't be lined up on the flat spot on the shaft. Each weight facing the same direction is max shake. 180 degrees is minimal.
Or buy an aftermarket electric controller

There is a shaker intensity adjustment on both my sterns!?
JP-Prem and Guardians

#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

There is a shaker intensity adjustment on both my sterns!?
JP-Prem and Guardians

Unfortunately that setting is for duration and frequency. Not for intensity/strength. You can't decrease the strength of the shake with the software.

#5172 3 years ago

Unfortunately that setting is for duration and frequency. Not for intensity/strength. You can't decrease the strength of the shake with the software.

Gotcha....didn’t realize you wanted to change programming

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

It could be any switch on the game but chances are if you poke around with the glass off you will find one that scores 7500 points.
For me 9 times out of 10 it is a slingshot switch (there are two on each slingshot), or a pop bumper switch.
On my game one of the pop bumper switches had gotten way to tight and was randomly scoring. Just a very slight movement on the blades fixed it.

#5174 3 years ago

Good Morning

Just reading this mow before I go to work. Thank you for all your info to my questions. I will check this out later to see what I find.

Love the machine....

#5175 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Having some trouble with the ball guide on the control room/"C" return sending the ball down the middle. Should that be adjusted to deliver to the left flipper or right?

Quoted from snappahead:

I don't know if I have it set up wrong or what, but I'm getting a ton of sdtm drains from the control room return. It happens about 50% of the time. I'll either just barely catch it on the tip of the flipper or it drains. Seems like a crazy high percentage of this happening.

Does any buddy have a fix for this my game is
experiencing this as well.

#5176 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Piddy:

It bums me out that so many of us are having this issue, but it is reassuring to know it isn’t just me.
I have a tech support email in to Stern and they haven’t even replied yet. I hope everyone experiencing this is emulating them too so they know it isn’t necessarily an isolated incident. I know the virus is probably affecting their ability to respond, but it is still important to contact them.

I've some news to the issue.
I change the complete T-Rex with a working T-Rex.
Here is no problem and I can change the function in #317.

So I contact my dirstbutor to change the Opto-Boards in the head.
I hope to solve my/the problem

#5177 3 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Does any buddy have a fix for this my game is
experiencing this as well.

I don't have this issue, but figured I'd offer up a few things to consider:

1) Make sure your game is level

2) Check the up-post to ensure that it doesn't need adjustment. If the post, at rest, is too low then it's possible the ball's travel is being manipulated.

3) If numbers 1 and 2 aren't your culprit, then I'd imagine you'd potentially need to adjust (not sure if that's possible) or bend the wire form

Perhaps someone else has successfully resolved this issue and can weigh in

#5178 3 years ago
Quoted from vestus:

I've some news to the issue.
I change the complete T-Rex with a working T-Rex.
Here is no problem and I can change the function in #317.
So I contact my dirstbutor to change the Opto-Boards in the head.
I hope to solve my/the problem

ON my JP, the ball return from behind the post in the control room/C is fairly consistent, but does require a bit of a nudge to insure it hits the left flipper tip. rarely does it drain sdtm, but I have taken to giving the machine a bump when the post lowers.

#5180 3 years ago

Quarantine isn't good on Titans .. j/k I'm just playing l
Playing the hell out of my games

20200427_175938 (resized).jpg20200427_175938 (resized).jpg
#5181 3 years ago

I’ve been looking for a JP Premium on the secondary market but there haven’t been many I’ve seen pop up out west here. Thinking I’ll probably just bite the bullet and order a NIB for June/July timeframe (or whenever they can open their line back up).

Can those that have Premiums made late last year or this year speak to the playfield quality? I’ve been interested in JP since it was announced but developed some serious reservations reading about the pooling and chipping issues many owners were reporting early on. Is this a thing of the past or is it still somewhat luck of the draw buying NIB?

Also, this would be my first NIB purchase. I would actually prefer one used not only because I could assess PF condition but also because delivery with legs on would make it easier for me to just slide it into my house without having to bring people over to help lift, put legs on, etc. Can anyone give me an idea of how much the box will weigh and how difficult or easy it would be for two people (me and my wife) to set up? Any insight is very appreciated.

#5182 3 years ago

My March 2020 playfield is absolutely perfect. No pooling and a thick enough clear without being too thick

#5183 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I’ve been looking for a JP Premium on the secondary market but there haven’t been many I’ve seen pop up out west here. Thinking I’ll probably just bite the bullet and order a NIB for June/July timeframe (or whenever they can open their line back up).
Can those that have Premiums made late last year or this year speak to the playfield quality? I’ve been interested in JP since it was announced but developed some serious reservations reading about the pooling and chipping issues many owners were reporting early on. Is this a thing of the past or is it still somewhat luck of the draw buying NIB?
Also, this would be my first NIB purchase. I would actually prefer one used not only because I could assess PF condition but also because delivery with legs on would make it easier for me to just slide it into my house without having to bring people over to help lift, put legs on, etc. Can anyone give me an idea of how much the box will weigh and how difficult or easy it would be for two people (me and my wife) to set up? Any insight is very appreciated.

Pooling and chipping was a problem on the first batch off the line. The solution was thinner clear and no art under the posts.

My premium was in the second run of JP premiums (with no art under the posts). My playfield is dimpled. It’s dimpled way more than my ST premium.

All that said, my JP premium will never leave my collection.

#5184 3 years ago

The "missing art" circles under the posts was not the fix from the factory for the chipping issues. My premium has a build date of 10/21/19 (first run) and has the missing art circles

And I feel that JP Premium is THE best Stern. Without question

#5185 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have a pro made March 16...it’s flawless and played the hell out of it.

#5186 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I have a pro made March 16...it’s flawless and played the hell out of it.

Thank you for the feedback everyone. Makes me feel a bit more confident about going The NIB route. Sounds like build dates starting late last year into this year have been a lot better, right?

If anyone has any additional feedback or any differing viewpoints, please feel free to chime in as well.

#5187 3 years ago

My premium is from October with no play field issues. Just some minor dimpling that is apparently normal these days with Stern
My game is 1230 games on it so far

#5188 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you for the feedback everyone. Makes me feel a bit more confident about going The NIB route. Sounds like build dates starting late last year into this year have been a lot better, right?
If anyone has any additional feedback or any differing viewpoints, please feel free to chime in as well.

The original run of Pro's had the artwork under the posts and the thicker clear. They changed this for the LE's (all Premium's were manufactured after this time so none will have the art under the posts or the thicker clear). Even with the changes to the PF manufacturing, there was still the chance of pooling and chipping around the ball guides and aprons, as they were being over tightened and the guide/apron edge was being pulled down into the clear. That said the issues that were reported online were far far less than what was seen with the original Pro's. Not sure if any of the Premiums suffered this issue and those receiving NIB machines more recently haven't reported any issues with PF (they've been quite positive about the overall quality).

#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The original run of Pro's had the artwork under the posts and the thicker clear. They changed this for the LE's (all Premium's were manufactured after this time so none will have the art under the posts or the thicker clear). Even with the changes to the PF manufacturing, there was still the chance of pooling and chipping around the ball guides and aprons, as they were being over tightened and the guide/apron edge was being pulled down into the clear. That said the issues that were reported online were far far less than what was seen with the original Pro's. Not sure if any of the Premiums suffered this issue and those receiving NIB machines more recently haven't reported any issues with PF (they've been quite positive about the overall quality).

Premium from the last run they did has some issue close to the apron edge and ballguides. Not that big, but it seems that Stern only find a "workaround" with the art removed from the posts. JJP still has art under the posts on there new playfield, and no complains so far...

My friend got a Maiden from Jan/20 that had another problem with the playfield that's pretty bad, not related to clear or grains.

#5190 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Quarantine isn't good on Titans .. j/k I'm just playing l
Playing the hell out of my games[quoted image]

I just had the one on the side of the raptor pit snap too. Losing faith in Titans durability, all the post sleeves are shot already.

#5191 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

..Not sure if any of the Premiums suffered this issue

Mine did. 2 spots under ball guides

#5192 3 years ago

NIB Dec 2019:

-Clear Coat chipping at the upper flippers post. (I checked if the post got loose everyday, didnt help)
-Clear Coat chipping at 2 ball guides.
-Clear Coat chipping at the apron, not because of overtightening, but because the apron is not perfectly straight, and thats why it cuts into the PF.
-PF is not smooth, since the inserts are all not even and the clear is very thin. I like even PF's, and my NIB deadpool pro Dec. 2019 looks better in that regard.
-Dimples yes, too much for my taste.
-Helipad ramp was too high and i have had to bend it, so that the blade didnt get stuck.
-T-Rex wont eat the ball everytime...

My distributor sent me a clear coat touch up kit from stern... thats all i got so far.
You will have to do some work before you start the game, if you want no PF damage IMO. However, its an awesome game.

#5193 3 years ago

So if I go forward with the purchase, it will be my first NIB. How much will it weigh in the box and is it something me and wife should be able to set up on our own (I usually have a couple of friends come over to help with this)?

Secondly, does Stern typically use STI for NIB deliveries or does it depend on the distributor?

#5194 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can those that have Premiums made late last year or this year speak to the playfield quality?

Mine is dated 03/20/20. No playfield issues at all. Although I did have to do a lot of tweaking on my T-Rex to get him to eat the ball...works great now though.

#5195 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So if I go forward with the purchase, it will be my first NIB. How much will it weigh in the box and is it something me and wife should be able to set up on our own (I usually have a couple of friends come over to help with this)?
Secondly, does Stern typically use STI for NIB deliveries or does it depend on the distributor?

They're generally around 285 lbs. I've unboxed a NIB game alone before, it's not difficult if you have a dolly. Usually I'll have a second person to help though. Shipping depends on the distributor, I mostly see them using Fedex though. I don't think I've ever seen a distributor us STI, I think they're more used for consumer shipping of games.

I have a JP Prem from this most recent run coming next week, so I'll report back with the PF quality and anything else once I get it. As far as I know that's been resolved, as others are saying.

#5196 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How much will it weigh in the box and is it something me and wife should be able to set up on our own

They say 250ish. Although it feels lighter IMO.

I move, unbox, and set up all of my new games by myself. They're not that heavy. Unless you're going upstairs or downstairs you and your wife should be just fine. I have to go up 3 steps on my porch and then it's inside the house.

My advice.. How I do it..
Use a refrigerator handtruck with a strap to move the box still strapped to the pallet into your house. If you don't have one, buy, borrow, or rent a handtruck from a moving company like uhaul. ALWAYS against the "truck this side" side of the box. That's the bottom of the game.
Once inside the house cut all exterior straps. Move box off of pallet. Remove ALL top staples completely from the cardboard. Open the top. Cut open and remove that same "truck this side" side CAREFULLY with a box cutter. Do not cut the single strap that's around the pin. It's holding the head against the main cabinet. Remove 2 boxes holding legs. Attach front legs. 5/8" socket. Lower pin to floor on front legs. I recommend sliders for under the feet. Makes it easy to move. Slide/lower game slowly out of box onto a towel on the floor. Raise the back of the game up and have your wife slide a barstool or chair under back of game. The chair needs to be at least 25" tall. Install back legs. Lift off chair and set down on sliders. Cut strap holding head. Slide game to wherever it's going. Lift up head. Follow all stern instructions.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does Stern typically use STI for NIB deliveries or does it depend on the distributor?

I've seen R&L and FedEx mostly

Hope this helps
Junky

#5197 3 years ago

check unboxing videos, it will help!

#5198 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

They're generally around 285 lbs. I've unboxed a NIB game alone before, it's not difficult if you have a dolly. Usually I'll have a second person to help though. Shipping depends on the distributor, I mostly see them using Fedex though. I don't think I've ever seen a distributor us STI, I think they're more used for consumer shipping of games.
I have a JP Prem from this most recent run coming next week, so I'll report back with the PF quality and anything else once I get it. As far as I know that's been resolved, as others are saying.

Thank you! Great advice and insight from you and Iamagamejunky. Wish there was a ship with legs on option but oh well.

Sounds like most feedback for this year's playfields has been positive. Since you are getting one from the most recent run (build dates?), I would be very interested in hearing about your playfield, t-rex, etc. Thanks!

#5199 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Mine is dated 03/20/20. No playfield issues at all. Although I did have to do a lot of tweaking on my T-Rex to get him to eat the ball...works great now though.

Thank you! Is having to tweak the T-rex pretty common with NIB JP's?

#5200 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! Is having to tweak the T-rex pretty common with NIB JP's?

It has been but it’s not as bad as it sounds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.