(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_030524583 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240116_031412806.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
20231207_202319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 184.
#5001 3 years ago

Bored and found this cool site to make your own covers...The fleece is reversible and many sizes. I wanted one to cover just the glass . Machines are near my kitchen and seem to attract all things possible...lol.

What do you guys think??

jp (resized).jpgjp (resized).jpgjp2 (resized).jpgjp2 (resized).jpg
#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Bored and found this cool site to make your own covers...The fleece is reversible and many sizes. I wanted one to cover just the glass . Machines are near my kitchen and seem to attract all things possible...lol.
What do you guys think??[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, I need to make some of these. Any chance you cans share the details of the site and the source you used for the fleece?

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Looks good, I need to make some of these. Any chance you cans share the details of the site and the source you used for the fleece?

The website is collage.com and I pulled images off google images, filtered to large resolution. Be careful not to go with a large 60/80...

Let us see your final choice.

Good Luck.

P.S> use the honey app to search for biggest coupon...I saved a nice chunk.

#5004 3 years ago

I joined the Club! So happy to finally get one and I have to tell you it’s everything I was expecting. It’s absolutely awesome! Very fun and the sounds & music really are perfect

3FFEAC43-5AAB-4FB1-BDED-77D69271EB62 (resized).jpeg3FFEAC43-5AAB-4FB1-BDED-77D69271EB62 (resized).jpeg
#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I joined the Club! So happy to finally get one and I have to tell you it’s everything I was expecting. It’s absolutely awesome! Very fun and the sounds & music really are perfect[quoted image]

Congrats and Enjoy!!!

#5006 3 years ago

What do you guys think??[quoted image][quoted image]

man that first one is awesome. how did you order it?

#5007 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

man that first one is awesome. how did you order it?

scroll up for all info.

I also did one for my BM66 it arrives tomorrow.

#5008 3 years ago

scroll up for all info.
I also did one for my BM66 it arrives tomorrow.

Did you go for the Sherpa fleece? In the 50x60 and then cut it down?

#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Did you go for the Sherpa fleece? In the 50x60 and then cut it down?

Smooth Fleece 30×40 Blanket did the trick....no need to cut anything...almost a perfect fit...just a few inches hang over the side.

#5010 3 years ago

Smooth Fleece 30×40 Blanket did the trick....no need to cut anything...almost a perfect fit...just a few inches hang over the side.

thank you so much for sharing these details!!

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Add the honey app to your browser to scan for coupon / discount codes...I saved a big chunk on my order for 2 covers/blankets.

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What a amazing collection you have ....Where do you live....when this virus is over I am bringing the whiskey..lol

I have never seen some of you pins....is Airborne a Top gun kinda knock off?

#5013 3 years ago

What a amazing collection you have ....Where do you live....when this virus is over I am bringing the whiskey..lol

Looks like he’s near Chattanooga

#5014 3 years ago

Woohoo...........nice way to start your day with a new code for JP. lol

V1.01.0 - April 7th, 2020
===========================
- DNA Combos - Truck shots are now registered when the ball first moves off the opto rather than after the ball settles
- Chaos Multiball - fixed an issue where the Super Jackpot Hurry Up value would be reset on mode start causing smaller Hurry Up values than expected when restarting the multiball
- Chaos Multiball - added Chaos Hurry-Up light show when the Super Jackpot is ready
- Chaos Multiball - added Chaos Super Jackpot light show
- Visitor Center Bonus - changed text to read "(Dino) Captured" to "(Dino) Paddock". You get a bonus for each Paddock visited regardless of if the dinosaur was captured
- Visitor Center Bonus HSTD - fixed an issue where the Visitor Center Bonus High Score would not be the correct score that was received during the game
- Virus Attack - fixed a slight scoring bug where awards would be given in the wrong sequence
- Secure Control Room - pausing timers for Paddock Dinosaur when the ball is locked in the control room on the final shot / fossil collect / total sequence
- Invalid Frenzy - added a random easter egg that occasionally happens with 1 hit left until Add-A-Ball
- Invalid Frenzy - added 4th Add-A-Ball
- Invalid Frenzy - added error names to Jackpot awards
- Inavlid Frenzy - added names to Super Jackpot awards
- Skill Shot - fixed an issue where ball save would not kill Skill Shot eligibility
- System Failure - blowoff of this initial paddock ball hold will now end the light show associated with it so the shots aren't hidden anymore
- Instant Info - updated Rescues info page to track percentage of rescues out of a park theoretical maximum
- Instant Info - fixed an issue with 'Replay At' showing an old value that wasn't updated after the latest game was played
- Attract Mode - adding info screen to advertise how to play the 'Challenge' mode, it will also advertise a 'Normal' mode game if challenge mode is currently configured to start with a Start Button press.
- Audits - adding more audits for rules that were missing them

- T-Rex Adjustment Descriptions:

-- General --
"T-REX MAGNET DISABLED" - disables the T-Rex mouth magnet, will result in the game using Pro rules for the T-Rex shots
"T-REX JAW DISABLED" - disables the T-Rex jaw coil, will result in the game using Pro rules for the T-Rex shots
"T-REX STEPPER DISABLED" - disables the T-Rex Horizontal Motor, will result in the game using Pro rules for T-Rex shots
"T-REX VERTICAL MOTOR DISABLED" - disables the T-Rex Vertical Motor, will result in the game using Pro rules for T-Rex shots
"T-REX JAW HOLD POWER" - hold power of the Jaw coil each time T-Rex opens it's mouth
"T-REX THROW BALL ENABLED" - when set to 'YES' T-Rex will attempt to throw the ball left / right when the game logic allows for it. When set to 'NO' the T-Rex will only drop the ball into the Left Ramp wireform.
"T-REX STEPPER LEFT POS BIAS" - this number is an offset number of steps from where the software considers the left position of the T-Rex head (this should be directly above the Left Loop)
"T-REX STEPPER MIDDLE POS BIAS" - this number is an offset number of steps from where the software considers the middle position of the T-Rex head (this should be directly above the Left Ramp)
"T-REX STEPPER RIGHT POS BIAS" - this number is an offset number of steps from where the software considers the right position of the T-Rex head (this should be directly above the Left Ramp wireform)

-- Drop or Throw Sequences --
"T-REX STEP KEEP JAW OPEN TICKS" - milliseconds the jaw is kept open after the Left Ramp opto is broken

-- Left or Right Drop Sequence --
"T-REX STEP DROP JAW OPEN TICKS" - milliseconds the jaw is kept open when dropping Right onto the Left Ramp wireform or Left onto the Left Loop plastic

-- Left or Right Throw Sequence --
Throw Sequence Pattern - Start Motor Movement ---[1]---> Mouth Magnet Off ---[2]---> Jaw Open ---[3]---> Jaw Close
*Note* - each of the numbered arrows above indicate a number of milliseconds that separate each event in the throw sequence and can be adjusted by the following adjustments:
"T-REX STEP THROW LEFT TICKS" - milliseconds between Start Motor Movement and Mouth Magnet Off for Left throws - [1] in the sequence above
"T-REX STEP THROW RIGHT TICKS" - milliseconds between Start Motor Movement and Mouth Magnet Off for Right throws - [1] in the sequence above
"T-REX STEP THROW MAG OFF TICKS" - milliseconds between Mouth Magnet Off and Jaw Open for both Left and Right throws - [2] in the sequence above
"T-REX STEP THROW JAW OPEN TICKS" - milliseconds between Jaw Open and Jaw Close for both Left and Right throws - [3] in the sequence above

-- Diagnostics --
"T-REX STEPPER DIAG THRASH" - changes the amount of thrashes (motor revolutions) that happen when 'enter' is pressed in the 'T-Rex Horizontal Motor Test' diagnostic screen, changing from a negative to positive number will change the motor thrash direction
"T-REX STEPPER DIAG VPOS UP" - when set to 'YES' the 'T-Rex Horizontal Motor Test' diagnostic screen will position the T-Rex in the Up position, when set to 'NO' the T-Rex will be positioned in the Mid position

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'T-REX EVENT STARTS ON RAMP ENTER' - YES - allows the mode to start if the Ramp Enter switch is hit, NO - T-Rex must register a catch to start the mode, Defaults to NO
- added 'POP BUMPER POWER' - allows the pop bumper power to be adjusted down

- System - Updated to V2.45
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.58.0

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5015 3 years ago

Left ramp (TREX) skill shot... I have a new JP Premium and after about 2 weeks of using it, the left ramp TREX is not registering 25% of my skill shots. Any suggestions?

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Left ramp (TREX) skill shot... I have a new JP Premium and after about 2 weeks of using it, the left ramp TREX is not registering 25% of my skill shots. Any suggestions?

This post had some info that might help. I think the left ramp test is under Diagnostics/Game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/93#post-5484113

#5017 3 years ago

Woohoo...........nice way to start your day with a new code for JP. lol

Downloaded and installed, will try out after work. Very cool

#5018 3 years ago

Doesn't look like they've mentioned a fix for the fallout of "You need to refuel the helicopter" which can happen after you've caught the dino, or after it's escaped.

#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Doesn't look like they've mentioned a fix for the fallout of "You need to refuel the helicopter" which can happen after you've caught the dino, or after it's escaped.

Or the "Shoot the left ramp!" callout on the end of ball bonus screen.

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

next update...lol.

#5021 3 years ago

Cool video .

#5022 3 years ago

What was the decided upon best fix for stuck weights on raptor?
Dremel the plastic?
Remove some washers?

46094FD7-41CB-4521-AD86-14D5B606771D (resized).jpeg46094FD7-41CB-4521-AD86-14D5B606771D (resized).jpeg
#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Dremel the plastic?
Remove some washers?[quoted image]

I actually found loosening the screw just slightly allowed less protrusion into the plastic, and also provided more random hanging of the washer arrangement which weight distribution seemed to aid in my Raptor not sticking... Just a very small loosening mind you...

#5024 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Dremel the plastic?
Remove some washers?[quoted image]

Ehh removing the complete ugly dinosaur. I think this does not add anything, replace it with a nicer one that just does not jump.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I have noticed that the left ramp can really be a pain. Many people have noticed this also. If you pay close attention, it's not just the intermittent missing of the skill shot, but also during mid-gameplay.
There have been several suggestions to fix the registering of the left ramp shot. The thought is that the ball catches a little bit of air as it hits the left ramp and the opto doesn't see it, therefore not registered. Stern is also aware of this issue.
If it is not installed in your game already (sounds like you got a very new game), you can email Stern and they will send you a newly designed metal insert with opto hole to put on the close part of that left ramp (very busy installation). In the meantime, recommendations from the community have also included removing those two black spacers at the very beginning of the ramp (in the thought that this may encourage the ball to catch less air and therefore register more routinely), as well as partially occluding the lower portion of one of the the optoholes with a small piece of opaque tape. I've noticed many people choosing the right side to do this, probably because it is more out of view.

I have done all of the above when I noticed about 25% of my left ramp shots weren't registering. I'd say that still every now and then the left ramp shot will not register, but I'm probably down to a 5% occurrence, which I can live with...

If you read through some of the earlier posts you will see people discussing this very issue. The above should get you on the right track.
Hope this helps.

#5026 3 years ago

^^ this ^^

I did all the above to include adding the new part from Stern and I’m also down to about <5% rejection.

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I have noticed that the left ramp can really be a pain. Many people have noticed this also. If you pay close attention, it's not just the intermittent missing of the skill shot, but also during mid-gameplay.
There have been several suggestions to fix the registering of the left ramp shot. The thought is that the ball catches a little bit of air as it hits the left ramp and the opto doesn't see it, therefore not registered. Stern is also aware of this issue.
If it is not installed in your game already (sounds like you got a very new game), you can email Stern and they will send you a newly designed metal insert with opto hole to put on the close part of that left ramp (very busy installation). In the meantime, recommendations from the community have also included removing those two black spacers at the very beginning of the ramp (in the thought that this may encourage the ball to catch less air and therefore register more routinely), as well as partially occluding the lower portion of one of the the optoholes with a small piece of opaque tape. I've noticed many people choosing the right side to do this, probably because it is more out of view.
I have done all of the above when I noticed about 25% of my left ramp shots weren't registering. I'd say that still every now and then the left ramp shot will not register, but I'm probably down to a 5% occurrence, which I can live with...
If you read through some of the earlier posts you will see people discussing this very issue. The above should get you on the right track.
Hope this helps.

I installed the new fix from Stern it didn’t help much if any on my machine

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I installed the new fix from Stern it didn’t help much if any on my machine

Same experience here.. Mine came with the new ramp opto part and still the same lack of registering issue about 10% of the time.

#5029 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Same experience here.. Mine came with the new ramp opto part and still the same lack of registering issue about 10% of the time.

Thanks for letting us know! I Was hoping this was a good fix.

#5030 3 years ago

If anyone has a little time...

... would one of you please check the end of your shooter lane and tell me if this piece of steel should be behind the u-turn steel - see pics?

it's strange to me that this would be by design and I haven't had this part of my machine apart before so I didn't reassemble this wrong (for once).

TIA

CC4cev1ORdORvAKuE2MIVA (resized).jpgCC4cev1ORdORvAKuE2MIVA (resized).jpgfullsizeoutput_17a0 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_17a0 (resized).jpeg
#5031 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

... would one of you please check the end of your shooter lane and tell me if this piece of steel should be behind the u-turn steel - see pics?
it's strange to me that this would be by design and I haven't had this part of my machine apart before so I didn't reassemble this wrong (for once).
TIA[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is the same as yours. Must be correct.

#5032 3 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Mine is the same as yours. Must be correct.

Thanks

#5033 3 years ago

Speaking of shooter lane issues...I’m having a problem where the ball gets air after going up the shooter lane ramp, hits the bottom of the upper wire guide (actually hits a support bracket), looses speed, changes trajectory, and sometimes misses the half pipe. See photo.

I have the orange spring installed. Need ideas on how to fix this. Either push ramp down to prevent air balls, or pull ramp up so that air balls don’t hit the guide.

1E951759-05AA-4BAD-B51D-5E6473D721D1 (resized).jpeg1E951759-05AA-4BAD-B51D-5E6473D721D1 (resized).jpeg
#5034 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

TIA[quoted image][quoted image]

This is correct, it prevents chip damage on the ball from directly hitting the metal corner on the halfpipe ramp.

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Speaking of shooter lane issues...I’m having a problem where the ball gets air after going up the shooter lane ramp, hits the bottom of the upper wire guide (actually hits a support bracket), looses speed, changes trajectory, and sometimes misses the half pipe. See photo.
I have the orange spring installed. Need ideas on how to fix this. Either push ramp down to prevent air balls, or pull ramp up so that air balls don’t hit the guide.[quoted image]

Same issue here as well.
My best guess is the end of the launch ramp floor piece is a bit lower then the thin metal guide raid that guides shots in the S Lane.
I think it is causing the ball to hop just a bit when it gets to the end instead of flowing off of it smoothly.
Have not looked into how to raise it yet but looks like a lot of tear down to get to the screws.

#5036 3 years ago

Haha thanks, I live about 15 min N of Chatt. You're welcome anytime, I looked awhile for a few of these there were kind of tough to find. I actually grew up in Burleson TX, had friends from Beaumont.

Airborne is kind of a top gun themed machine, I just put an LED OCD board in it and a full cointaker LED kit. It's a pretty cool game. I'm at my limit as far as space and funds haha... I cant buy any more without selling something and I like them too much to sell any. Fortunately there are always something to tinker on or mod.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Haha thanks, I live about 15 min N of Chatt. You're welcome anytime, I looked awhile for a few of these there were kind of tough to find. I actually grew up in Burleson TX, had friends from Beaumont.
Airborne is kind of a top gun themed machine, I just put an LED OCD board in it and a full cointaker LED kit. It's a pretty cool game. I'm at my limit as far as space and funds haha... I cant buy any more without selling something and I like them too much to sell any. Fortunately there are always something to tinker on or mod.

Yeah you are a little to far to drive away for a few hours. HAHA.

If they we to make a true top gun I would be first in line...the sequel is finally happening/ filming.

#5038 3 years ago

Any tips on removing and replacing the helicopter mech? I took mine off today to change the rubbers and I had a real struggle getting it back together. Had to find a way to hold the underside post near the opto to tighten the blades.

#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Same issue here as well.
My best guess is the end of the launch ramp floor piece is a bit lower then the thin metal guide raid that guides shots in the S Lane.
I think it is causing the ball to hop just a bit when it gets to the end instead of flowing off of it smoothly.
Have not looked into how to raise it yet but looks like a lot of tear down to get to the screws.

Did you all try the washer fix, I added 1 first but still had some rejects, and then added another washer (2 in total) to the left screw of the shooterlane metal. It works 100% now.

#5040 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did you all try the washer fix, I added 1 first but still had some rejects, and then added another washer (2 in total) to the left screw of the shooterlane metal. It works 100% now.

Yep, I’ve got the washer fix; two under the left fork. That helped the ball go straight without crashing into the sides, but now the problem is the ball crashes into the guide rail above.

Pushing the guide rail up makes it interfere with the helicopter blades, so can’t do that. Maybe it needs a little anti-air-ball plastic above, like the t-Rex ramp? Just so it can go up smooth and not chunk off the guide rail support cross member.

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Yep, I’ve got the washer fix; two under the left fork. That helped the ball go straight without crashing into the sides, but now the problem is the ball crashes into the guide rail above.
Pushing the guide rail up makes it interfere with the helicopter blades, so can’t do that. Maybe it needs a little anti-air-ball plastic above, like the t-Rex ramp? Just so it can go up smooth and not chunk off the guide rail support cross member.

Have you experimented with different power levels on your auto launch to see where the threshold for ‘too much power’ is?

I have done the Left Fork Fix and ended up turning my auto launch down a bit. I also have a green spring from the factory - never needed the stiffer orange spring.

#5042 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

You ever get that sinking feeling when you get your first NIB pin, get it all set up, play a couple of games and on the 3rd game the machine suddenly goes dark and quiet? In the middle of a game. dead. no sound, no display no lights.
Then you check the outlet, check the power cable, check the fuse in the back box,
then you see the little red lights on the CPU and on the node boards are lit nicely, but nothing else? so you
re-seat the smart card, check every.single.connector.not.once.but.twice and still nuthin?
I was prepared to play for hours tonight ...but now I wait for a new CPU to be sent to me. I hope that's really the issue.
Good news is that Chris at Cointaker and Pablo at Stern were fantastically responsive and are on it! Cointaker (Melissa) rocks for even getting my JP Pre shipped to me during these trying times. gratitude.

OK, I'm pretty happy with Stern right now. Factory lines shut down, but skeleton crew actually got me a replacement CPU shipped out. It arrived today. Took about 5 minutes to intall and the machine fired up and works fantastically now. Shout out again to Pablo for awesome support! I'm psyched. T-Rex gobbles balls and tosses them around. sweet!

#5043 3 years ago

Excellent!

#5044 3 years ago

BTW, skill shot champion at 8!

#5045 3 years ago

FINALLY solved my auto launch rejects from the helipad horseshoe. After trying 1, then 2, then 3 washers in the left fork of the shooter lane I was not having any luck. Still getting rejects 20% of time. Used slow-mo video to see where ball was getting hung up. This allowed me to notice what I assume was a manufacturing defect with my particular pin. The circled ball guide below on mine was tucked between the helipad ramp and the side rail of the game. I checked other forum photos and sure enough, it looks like it needed to be pulled out. Using a small flathead screwdriver I was able to pry it out. Game has never shot smoother, and I’m at 100% success rate. Please check this area if you are having problems. 2nd two photos show what it looks like now.

BB3ED97D-2C98-4D35-8FA6-1E945792FF37 (resized).jpegBB3ED97D-2C98-4D35-8FA6-1E945792FF37 (resized).jpeg25E08EB4-8F37-404A-966D-10D9765375C2 (resized).png25E08EB4-8F37-404A-966D-10D9765375C2 (resized).pngF469EDAA-A171-4A0A-892C-3A4C4925D9DC (resized).pngF469EDAA-A171-4A0A-892C-3A4C4925D9DC (resized).png
#5046 3 years ago

So this happened earlier this evening WTF!!!

5734455E-24D1-4103-B9A0-91275FA9C472 (resized).jpeg5734455E-24D1-4103-B9A0-91275FA9C472 (resized).jpeg
#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

So this happened earlier this evening WTF!!!

Yo balls are magnetized!

#5048 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yo balls are magnetized!

how does that happen? is there a magnet anywhere on the playfield?

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

how does that happen? is there a magnet anywhere on the playfield?

Trex mouth has a magnet.

#5050 3 years ago

So I got the new Trex ramp protector from Stern and I still have to use the tape fix for my Trex to work well.

Maybe my opto is out of alignment?

Anyways it works which is what counts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
There are 9,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 184.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/101?hl=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.