(Topic ID: 248218)

Welcome To The Jurassic Park Prem/LE Club!!

By Royale-W-Cheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the first MOD you will buy??”

• Toppers 59 votes
    46%
  • New Jeep 51 votes
    40%
  • Plastic Characters 18 votes
    14%

(128 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_1098 (resized).png
B8996674-A600-487D-9DA1-0CC0391ECFB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1059 (resized).JPG
IMG_0878 (resized).JPG
IMG_0881 (resized).JPG
IMG_0798 (resized).png
IMG_0797 (resized).png
IMG_0818 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0811 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
Pinside_market_106545_2.gif
002-pro-jurassic-park 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 185.
#4951 4 years ago

You ever get that sinking feeling when you get your first NIB pin, get it all set up, play a couple of games and on the 3rd game the machine suddenly goes dark and quiet? In the middle of a game. dead. no sound, no display no lights.
Then you check the outlet, check the power cable, check the fuse in the back box,
then you see the little red lights on the CPU and on the node boards are lit nicely, but nothing else? so you
re-seat the smart card, check every.single.connector.not.once.but.twice and still nuthin?
I was prepared to play for hours tonight ...but now I wait for a new CPU to be sent to me. I hope that's really the issue.

Good news is that Chris at Cointaker and Pablo at Stern were fantastically responsive and are on it! Cointaker (Melissa) rocks for even getting my JP Pre shipped to me during these trying times. gratitude.

#4952 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

You ever get that sinking feeling when you get your first NIB pin, get it all set up, play a couple of games and on the 3rd game the machine suddenly goes dark and quiet? In the middle of a game. dead. no sound, no display no lights.
Then you check the outlet, check the power cable, check the fuse in the back box,
then you see the little red lights on the CPU and on the node boards are lit nicely, but nothing else? so you
re-seat the smart card, check every.single.connector.not.once.but.twice and still nuthin?
I was prepared to play for hours tonight ...but now I wait for a new CPU to be sent to me. I hope that's really the issue.
Good news is that Chris at Cointaker and Pablo at Stern were fantastically responsive and are on it! Cointaker (Melissa) rocks for even getting my JP Pre shipped to me during these trying times. gratitude.

Ugh, it'd be a big understatement to say that's a bummer! Awesome that they're getting you what you need for it though. Hope you can get it up and running soon.

#4953 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Good thing it’s an easy thing to learn... I can go on all day with this

Too bad it’s an easy thing to screw up...

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Too bad it’s an easy thing to screw up...

Yes Satan

#4955 4 years ago

It has arrived!

20200401_135328 (resized).jpg20200401_135328 (resized).jpg
20200401_145045 (resized).jpg20200401_145045 (resized).jpg
20200401_155102 (resized).jpg20200401_155102 (resized).jpg
20200401_155114 (resized).jpg20200401_155114 (resized).jpg

#4956 4 years ago

Received mine yesterday Big thanx to Hemispheres extremely fast and smooth transaction!
Now to see if can get this T-Rex dialed in. Also didn't realize there were different color T-Rex.. mine is brown, guess I should pay more attention to pics

First pin I've had to move into the basement by myself as well.. Disassembly was a breeze, and super easy to move that way!!
Lots more pics here..
https://photos.app.goo.gl/k7i85iBmyJ2vPSkR9

Guess several people say that the T-Rex is loud, but kinda sounds like it's grinding gears even though it does has full movement.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/S9kRtXfSPdoSkyiGA

screenshot.2541 (resized).jpgscreenshot.2541 (resized).jpg
#4957 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Received mine yesterday Big thanx to hemispheres extremely fast and smooth transaction!
Now to see if can get this T-Rex dialed in. Also didn't realize there were different color T-Rex.. mine is brown, guess I should pay more attention to pics
First pin I've had to move into the basement by myself as well.. Disassembly was a breeze, and super easy to move that way!!
Lots more pics here..
Guess several people say that the T-Rex is loud, but kinda sounds like it's grinding gears even though it does has full movement.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/S9kRtXfSPdoSkyiGA[quoted image]

Do not know about that sound. Mine is quiet

#4958 4 years ago

topper...

91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg91226751_2831525746884789_9157231279958130688_n (resized).jpg
#4959 4 years ago

Got most of my game dialed in now thanks to this group.

One last thing that was concerning my family was the amount of ball hop for a ball coming back down the S lane from a weak shot or poor plunge.

I wondered if the ball guide could be pushed up some to stop this. Short answer is no. There is zero play in this guide.

While I had the plastics taken apart I noticed that the metal guide is so damn close to the post that it had cut through the black rubber ring. (Original Stern ring in photo.)
I replace this ring with a new one but it is already getting sliced open.
The only fix I can think of would be to throw out this rubber ring altogether and only put a single post rubber on the middle post.
Has anyone tried this yet or have a better idea?

13F2CD80-214F-4BA0-9533-81EFAE20F67D (resized).jpeg13F2CD80-214F-4BA0-9533-81EFAE20F67D (resized).jpeg
#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

One last thing that was concerning my family was the amount of ball hop for a ball coming back down the S lane from a weak shot or poor plunge.
I wondered if the ball guide could be pushed up some to stop this. Short answer is no. There is zero play in this guide.
While I had the plastics taken apart I noticed that the metal guide is so damn close to the post that it had cut through the black rubber ring. (Original Stern ring in photo.)
The only fix I can think of would be to throw out this rubber ring altogether and only put a single post rubber on the middle post.
Has anyone tried this yet or have a better idea?[quoted image]

When I replaced the stock rubber with Titans, I had the same problem.

Even though the guide doesn't have play, I would try and move it forward (i.e. toward the "S"). I did this for the upper right flipper (which also had no "play") and it made a world of difference for the smoothness of the upper PF shots.

#4961 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

When I replaced the stock rubber with Titans, I had the same problem.
Even though the guide doesn't have play, I would try and move it forward (i.e. toward the "S"). I did this for the upper right flipper (which also had no "play") and it made a world of difference for the smoothness of the upper PF shots.

Thanks.
I did push it as far as it would go forward. (Basically nothing).
The only way to move it at all is to bend the top forward with some pliers, but this looked like it would interfere with the S shot to much so I put it back straight.
Seriously considering just getting rid of this rubber ring and seeing what happens.

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Same issue on mine. Original was cut and my brand new clear Titan was sliced upon install - nasty hop off that rubber into the left sling every time

#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks.
I did push it as far as it would go forward. (Basically nothing).
The only way to move it at all is to bend the top forward with some pliers, but this looked like it would interfere with the S shot to much so I put it back straight.
Seriously considering just getting rid of this rubber ring and seeing what happens.

I don't think bending it is the right solution. I'm living with it for now, since I never weak plunge on this game and haven't really noticed it effecting gameplay.

#4964 4 years ago

Guys, just unscrew the guide rail, install your rubber, then move the rail back into position and screw...it'll work fine this way.

If you try to replace the rubber without moving the rail screw, you will slice it every time

#4965 4 years ago

See post #4451 in
Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park

Folks have been working on this problem.

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Received mine yesterday Big thanx to hemispheres extremely fast and smooth transaction!
Lots more pics here..

Holy Moly; you pulled the entire thing apart! Looks like my machine was produced a few machines before yours, same source/distributor too.

Your T-Rex is a bit loud; a bit louder than mine. Perhaps it's normal due to the glass having been removed. The T-Rex home positions were set at the factory. Those settings are lost if swapping fresh sim/code. Maybe the home positions are lost when disassembling too.

#4967 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

See post #4451 in
Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park
Folks have been working on this problem.

Thanks.
Weird that I noticed this at the same time as the other thread. Lol
Anyway I like the idea of drilling out the hole on the guide a little larger.
That would work. But would be a little more complicated then just ditching the larger rubber for a single post rubber.
We shall see.
At least there are options.

#4968 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

for the rubber slicing, grind the edge a littlebit.
I bent my guide just a littlebit, now it sometimes happens, when the ball just goes half the way up the S lane or has alot of spin to it, it wont make it to the left flipper but drains instead. there is no perfect way. if you dont hit the ramp you can get screwed, like on every other ramp.
If you want to go as save as possible, try to adjust it, that the ball hits the bottom post of the left slingshot.

#4969 4 years ago

Just Got Topper for my Premium
Its from Tilt Topper. They did a great Job on this one! It was worth the wait. The order got screwed up and I started to look at my receipt after I did nor Get the topper. I Inquired and I had Paid for a data east topper. The Stern topper was more money! They said they will Pick Up the extra $20 difference and get it shipped to me. They did just that! Thank You TILT TOPPER
BTW Its 11 inches tall

jurassic park topper (resized).jpgjurassic park topper (resized).jpg
#4970 4 years ago

I had the same issue and swapped out the plastic post for a skinny metal one like the one that holds the gate on the pop area. Works great! Bounces to left flipper and no rubber cutting!

IMG_5958 (resized).jpgIMG_5958 (resized).jpg
#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from bocce:

I had the same issue and swapped out the plastic post for a skinny metal one like the one that holds the gate on the pop area. Works great! Bounces to left flipper and no rubber cutting![quoted image]

Perfect.
Thanks for the idea.

#4972 4 years ago

Why did they change the colour of the t-rex mine is green?

#4973 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetos:

Why did they change the colour of the t-rex mine is green?

Mine is green.

#4974 4 years ago

Im inn

FD2BDA49-0E17-4A59-9745-60DD140BC469 (resized).jpegFD2BDA49-0E17-4A59-9745-60DD140BC469 (resized).jpeg
#4975 4 years ago

Looking for some help eliminating 2 areas that are currently causing stuck balls. One area is on the end of the gate into the pops. Seems to get hung up here a lot. In area 2, the plastic ceiling between the control room target and the raptor target seems to sag and really cause stuck balls. Shaking to the point of tilting doesn’t even budge it. Would love to know how to fix both of these. Thanks!

3C91382D-A340-462A-AFE1-D2DA73764256 (resized).jpeg3C91382D-A340-462A-AFE1-D2DA73764256 (resized).jpeg32EC3CFA-DD09-44B9-A181-75673FB70ADC (resized).jpeg32EC3CFA-DD09-44B9-A181-75673FB70ADC (resized).jpeg
#4976 4 years ago

Hi folks,

So I managed to reattach my Trex's jaw when it fell off but ever since the head has been on the low side of things.

I am trying to adjust as per one of the pinned posts but I find it very hard to get in behind there. When I slide the playfield out towards the front of the pin as far as the resting rails underneath will allow, there's still not a terrific amount of room to maneuver behind the Trex head.

Am I missing something? Pretty new at this. The only other position I can think of is to see if I can go further, and rest the rails on a table of appropriate height right in front of the pin?

Thanks for rescuing an idiot!

Evan

#4977 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im inn[quoted image]

Congrats...send some pics when its up and running.

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Looking for some help eliminating 2 areas that are currently causing stuck balls. One area is on the end of the gate into the pops. Seems to get hung up here a lot. In area 2, the plastic ceiling between the control room target and the raptor target seems to sag and really cause stuck balls. Shaking to the point of tilting doesn’t even budge it. Would love to know how to fix both of these. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

For the gate in the pops, have you checked that your machine is level left to right? I just took the glass off mine and tried to place a ball there and it wouldn’t stay. That gate and rubber are sloped to let the ball roll away. I then tried to recreate your picture to compare my gate to yours. See my picture below. Mine doesn’t look like it’s set up much different from yours, but if your machine is level then maybe try adjusting your gate so it rests a fraction of an inch further out.

For the stuck ball in the raptor cage have you tried loosening the screw I circled in red in your picture below (or another screw in that area that might be holding that plastic tight)? Loosening it just a bit might give it enough wiggle to not have the ball stick there. Just an idea and I don’t know though if loosening it too much might increase the risk of the plastic breaking.

71D480AE-02B3-408E-8CA3-67BA331AFA78 (resized).jpeg71D480AE-02B3-408E-8CA3-67BA331AFA78 (resized).jpegE970D55F-57B7-446A-9EF7-329FF06CE823 (resized).jpegE970D55F-57B7-446A-9EF7-329FF06CE823 (resized).jpeg
#4979 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi folks,
So I managed to reattach my Trex's jaw when it fell off but ever since the head has been on the low side of things.
I am trying to adjust as per one of the pinned posts but I find it very hard to get in behind there. When I slide the playfield out towards the front of the pin as far as the resting rails underneath will allow, there's still not a terrific amount of room to maneuver behind the Trex head.
Am I missing something? Pretty new at this. The only other position I can think of is to see if I can go further, and rest the rails on a table of appropriate height right in front of the pin?
Evan

I don’t think you’re missing anything. There isn’t a lot of room to get at that area and it’s a bit of an awkward angle to get at it.

#4980 4 years ago
Quoted from bocce:

I had the same issue and swapped out the plastic post for a skinny metal one like the one that holds the gate on the pop area. Works great! Bounces to left flipper and no rubber cutting![quoted image]

Nice, did you now what’s the référence of this part ?

#4981 4 years ago

We got our Pteranodon in the mail today and managed to get it installed very securely thanks to “FooFighter”.
We used his method with the wire and wire lugs.
Super sturdy and looks great.
6460567C-2B67-449C-BEF5-16535C52AFA9 (resized).jpeg6460567C-2B67-449C-BEF5-16535C52AFA9 (resized).jpeg

#4982 4 years ago

Easy peasy who wants stern shooter rods ? ebay.com link: itm

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I used some big pliers and put a slight bend on the guide. It now allows the silicone ring to not be sliced and it generally sends the ball the the flipper rather than the sling.

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Lots more pics here..

Your Trex is definitely grinding some gears. Not normal.

#4985 4 years ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Hi folks,
Evan

Not sure if you mean the entire T-Rex head is dropping too low onto the ramp area?
Adjusting that position (including L or R) is done this way - using menu and coin door buttons (not mechanical)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Not sure if you mean the entire T-Rex head is dropping too low onto the ramp area?
Adjusting that position (including L or R) is done this way - using menu and coin door buttons (not mechanical)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/71#post-5347963

Hi,

I have the horizontal bias correctly adjusted, but the head goes too low. So I will need to mechanically adjust the motor. I just find it hard to get in there.

Thanks!

Evan

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We got our Pteranodon in the mail today and managed to get it installed very securely thanks to “FooFighter”.
We used his method with the wire and wire lugs.
Super sturdy and looks great.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome!!! That is one of the mods on this game that just fits, not only in space but where it's at physically on the playfield

#4988 4 years ago
Quoted from blardo:

I am having an issue where when I shoot the ball into TREX he wont drop the ball ~50% of the time. After testing various software versions from 0.96 through 1.0. I've determined that the issue is only when the TREX drops it by throwing. It always works when TREX gently places it on the rails. Only way to continue playing is to wait for a ball search, he'll then move right and drop it. Has anyone had this issue and know how to fix?
Thanks

Added 30 days ago: Here is a video of it in action
Stern is currently looking into this. If they have a solution I'll post it here.

Hello! Just like blardo described in the linked post above. I started having an issue where my T-Rex doesn’t “throw” the ball like it is supposed to. It will release the ball onto the rail from its mouth, but not on the rampage throw. So during T-Rex Multiball, it just holds onto the ball until the other ball drains. Then it takes a ball search for the T-Rex to release it.

I am planning on opening a ticket with Stern. In an effort to identify if this is a common problem, has anyone else has this issue?

Thanks in advance. Be safe, fellow pinheads.

-Drew

#4989 4 years ago

Takes a bit of tweaking but we finally have our game really dialed in and smooth.
Just got finished fixing a little bit of ball hop on the left flipper by loosening up the lane guide screws and pushing up slightly and then tightening them back down. Smooth as glass now.

Also lowered the flipper power a bit as per all the instructions in this thread and that really helped a lot as well.

The only issue left and it does not effect game play, is that when our T-Rex roars he will swing his head towards the left side of the cabinet (his right) and bash our electric fence post with all the wires on it.
He hits it fairly hard, but not enough to snap it off, yet.
I hate to mess with him because he is great on the ramp ball pick up and every place else. Just that he loves to roar and slam the hell out of that fence post.
Is there a setting to stop this?

#4990 4 years ago

Test

#4991 4 years ago

#4992 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Playing with the ball save and missle vids...
I made the ball hitting the glass sound more distinctive compared to the original
For the missle shot miss, instead of the white static, messing around with something new..
Still works in progress but it's fun to play around with.
These are real quick phone grabs so the audio and video isn't perfect
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE VIDS
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1RO_5shtCyWkqc_1cBef7_H48PiIW6SWo
[quoted image]

Like the changes, how does one modify that kind of stuff?

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Takes a bit of tweaking but we finally have our game really dialed in and smooth.
Just got finished fixing a little bit of ball hop on the left flipper by loosening up the lane guide screws and pushing up slightly and then tightening them back down. Smooth as glass now.
Also lowered the flipper power a bit as per all the instructions in this thread and that really helped a lot as well.
The only issue left and it does not effect game play, is that when our T-Rex roars he will swing his head towards the left side of the cabinet (his right) and bash our electric fence post with all the wires on it.
He hits it fairly hard, but not enough to snap it off, yet.
I hate to mess with him because he is great on the ramp ball pick up and every place else. Just that he loves to roar and slam the hell out of that fence post.
Is there a setting to stop this?

Mine's been hitting against that post since I got it out of the box in Sept., and it hasn't caused a problem so far.

#4994 4 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Like the changes, how does one modify that kind of stuff?

Using Pinball browser...

I'm just editing the vids and sound effects with a Video Editor...I use PhotoDirector and Handbrake

#4995 4 years ago

Really Hope they don't stop functionality of Pinball Browser

This is nothing more than a mod, and I'm not reselling these assets

#4996 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mine's been hitting against that post since I got it out of the box in Sept., and it hasn't caused a problem so far.

Thanks.
No problems here either.
Just in the long run it can't be great for that poor fence post.

#4997 4 years ago

Mine is rubbing also and I can’t fix it with left bias adjustment

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Same - no problems here.

#4999 4 years ago

You got it juicy!

5FC35A4E-9631-43E3-864D-C7AA11D70989 (resized).png5FC35A4E-9631-43E3-864D-C7AA11D70989 (resized).png
#5000 4 years ago

Okay it's done!!!

First off let me say I love JP and the designers, coders, and programmers at Stern. They are really talented people.

Thanks to using Pinball Browser, I was able to change (mod) a couple vids and sound I feel needed tweaking for me personally. Not disparaging or trying to take away anything from anyone at Stern or the coders.

I've included a link here for those who own the JP Premium/LE edition to view, download, use on their machines some *.mp4 and *.wav files I feel just kick it up a little bit. (these may work on the PRO - I don't know for sure at the file locations and lengths may vary)

Here's what I did:

Changed the BALL SAVE Audio to have a more pronounced "thunk" and "glass shatter" when the ball it hits the screen in the transition video

Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact HIT video and audio

Added extra HUD graphics to the SMART MISSLE launch and post impact MISS video and audio

Added an original custom designed SHOOT AGAIN video/audio files to completely replace the factory vid and audio

Please see the readme.txt file in the link below if you decide to use these files.

*NOTES*

Although the videos contain audio, that audio is not the ones the game uses and is disregarded in the video import process via Pinball Browser, you need to import the wav files as well to their proper locations.

Some of the *.wav files have differing or boosted dynamics from their video companion

The included videos are at 1360x768 resolution and 30fps - viewing them in the webbrowser via google may produce 720P or lower results with compression artifacts, for best viewing quality, download them to your computer.

I've tried and tested these on my JP Premium using a backup image file of my Factory SD card - everything works perfectly and the audio levels don't clip.

You may show 1 extra frame importing the videos from the factory but this doesn't affect the function/timing within the game

(Disclaimer - I'm not responsible if you brick your machine...I just had to say that for legalese , but you should be fine)

CLICK LINK BELOW TO ACCESS FILES

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RO_5shtCyWkqc_1cBef7_H48PiIW6SWo?usp=sharing
jpedits.jpgjpedits.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/100?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.