Topic Stats

• 1,055 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Gotfrogs
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 326 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2846 (resized).jpg
IMG_2844 (resized).jpg
IMG_2845 (resized).jpg
MRS-R (resized).jpg
C9B3D92C-56CB-4B44-99EC-CB27B74C0020 (resized).jpeg
49245363908_6604a29b00_k (resized).jpg
IMG_2738 (resized).jpg
IMG_2741 (resized).jpg
IMG_2744 (resized).jpg
622EB8C0-C5D4-4F4F-9BBF-81C76B4664AD (resized).jpeg
730487EE-097C-4155-A8C9-7E05AE171FB9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A8D693D4-5D48-4F97-8E6F-A8559A12E5C6 (resized).jpeg
14EB0C60-1A36-4265-A042-02DF9E8D45DB (resized).jpeg
4D2BDC1A-8C16-470B-8EAF-CBAF1BD579AD (resized).jpeg
1224506A-AD97-46C3-9E23-3F0F8612152D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#585 2 years ago

Hey guys,
Finally joined the club. I've done some light reading on this issue but figured I'd ask as well. Having some issues with high wire lock dumping multiple balls. The switches are rollover style, all register properly on switch edge test. If I happen to already have another ball or two locked up there before the 1st lock, its always dumping out all of them when it should be just one for the kickout.
The bottom attachment near up/down post has the small white washer installed, the next up nut attachment does not.

Does the wire guide of the ramp typically need to be bent down really close to where the 1st ball locks? Or is it a case where the up/down post is too slow?

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, kinda sounds like the post is slow. rebuild that assembly or remove the plastic lift piece from the middle of the ramp, if you have it.

I'll check how steep I have the pin setup currently, but its pretty fast. I don't have the spacer in the middle of the ramp, but there is one right at the end where the balls roll out at.

Will check the post mech and see if its sluggish. Thanks.
If there are balls already locked up there, at least one from a prior game or player, and another gets sent up (for the actual 1st lock for that player), I'll often here Ball 1 locked, followed immediately by a 2nd Ball 1 locked callout. Would be the additional balls popping the 1st one up in the air just enough to cause the game to get confused? I do see the 1st one rise up a little bit. Would bending the wire form down a bit improve and eliminate the double callout?

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i had all my issues fixed for the high wire after moving the arms on the switches to the inside nub, closest to the button. check that.

Will do tonight, thanks!

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Same here. Drops all three at once. One thing I suggest is going into game settings and set it to release all locked balls immediately at game over. I'm also on 2.0 home ROMs.

Changed that last night and it certainly helps. Tried moving the ramp all over the place. Removed the spacer from the front-most attachment and that helped get the post higher in relation to the wire guide above the balls. In the end added a small amount of double sided tape on the bottom side of the wire guide where ball 1 sits. That was just enough to keep it from popping off roller switch and having it dump the balls correctly. I'll grab some crescent wrenches soon and bend it down a little to eliminate the need for tape.
PITA to adjust the high wire ramp
Thanks for the tips!

2 weeks later
#607 2 years ago

Do we have any talented CV owners with 3D printers?
Is it feasible to recreate the Orbit Pinball ringmaster protector in nylon on a printer?

1 month later
#625 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Contact Galactimus-He may have some info on these

I msg'd him. Never heard back.

4 months later
#700 1 year ago

http://revolutionarypinball.com
http://revolutionarypinball.com/proddetail.php?prod=cvring_prot

A long time in the making, and after considerable effort by Frank, the original CV Ringmaster hole protector is back on the market available again!

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

More
I tried to buy one, but the site told me there is no shipping available for my destination. Is it not possible to ship it to Arizona?

Paging galactimus
I had a similar issue with USPS shipment to my address as well. He will get it corrected for you.

2 months later
#724 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Custom. I likely made it.

Coyote......I've been waiting for you to start making these again, any idea when?

2 months later
#758 1 year ago

Yep a small shim under his lid and some slight spring bending while in fully extended position should give you enough adjusting to get it sitting flush with protector installed.

9 months later
#927 4 months ago
Quoted from partyguy1516:

Sweet thanks any specific kit better than the others?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65611

I have this one. Works great. It’s also the original style that got re-run.

#929 4 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hadn't seen that one before, looks like it's thinner than the Mod Couple one I have and may not cause so many rejects. Do you get any ball hop from it when the RM is down?

nope. no ball hop. Can shoot the ringmaster hole just fine.

Once I installed the plastic lid (needed to add a shim to get it leveled properly) I adjusted the downward travel just a hair so its flush. It was a little crooked in the opening so I applied some hand force to the base of the spring, giving it a little bend in the correct direction and its perfect now.

#931 4 months ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys, Where can I buy the bottom plastic piece that goes on the translite on the backbox to lift it out? Mine broke and I purchased a new one from pinball life but it's not thick enough for that plastic form back box to fit all the way in the track. I guess ours needs to be thicker for the plexi and plastic form. Anyone have a source? Thanks

Planetarypinball or bayareaamusements should have the thicker lift channel you need.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 37.50
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside