cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#585 6 years ago

Hey guys,
Finally joined the club. I've done some light reading on this issue but figured I'd ask as well. Having some issues with high wire lock dumping multiple balls. The switches are rollover style, all register properly on switch edge test. If I happen to already have another ball or two locked up there before the 1st lock, its always dumping out all of them when it should be just one for the kickout.
The bottom attachment near up/down post has the small white washer installed, the next up nut attachment does not.

Does the wire guide of the ramp typically need to be bent down really close to where the 1st ball locks? Or is it a case where the up/down post is too slow?

#590 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, kinda sounds like the post is slow. rebuild that assembly or remove the plastic lift piece from the middle of the ramp, if you have it.

I'll check how steep I have the pin setup currently, but its pretty fast. I don't have the spacer in the middle of the ramp, but there is one right at the end where the balls roll out at.

Will check the post mech and see if its sluggish. Thanks.
If there are balls already locked up there, at least one from a prior game or player, and another gets sent up (for the actual 1st lock for that player), I'll often here Ball 1 locked, followed immediately by a 2nd Ball 1 locked callout. Would be the additional balls popping the 1st one up in the air just enough to cause the game to get confused? I do see the 1st one rise up a little bit. Would bending the wire form down a bit improve and eliminate the double callout?

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i had all my issues fixed for the high wire after moving the arms on the switches to the inside nub, closest to the button. check that.

Will do tonight, thanks!

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Same here. Drops all three at once. One thing I suggest is going into game settings and set it to release all locked balls immediately at game over. I'm also on 2.0 home ROMs.

Changed that last night and it certainly helps. Tried moving the ramp all over the place. Removed the spacer from the front-most attachment and that helped get the post higher in relation to the wire guide above the balls. In the end added a small amount of double sided tape on the bottom side of the wire guide where ball 1 sits. That was just enough to keep it from popping off roller switch and having it dump the balls correctly. I'll grab some crescent wrenches soon and bend it down a little to eliminate the need for tape.
PITA to adjust the high wire ramp
Thanks for the tips!

2 weeks later
#607 6 years ago

Do we have any talented CV owners with 3D printers?
Is it feasible to recreate the Orbit Pinball ringmaster protector in nylon on a printer?

1 month later
#625 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Contact Galactimus-He may have some info on these

I msg'd him. Never heard back.

4 months later
#700 5 years ago

http://revolutionarypinball.com
http://revolutionarypinball.com/proddetail.php?prod=cvring_prot

A long time in the making, and after considerable effort by Frank, the original CV Ringmaster hole protector is back on the market available again!

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

More
I tried to buy one, but the site told me there is no shipping available for my destination. Is it not possible to ship it to Arizona?

Paging Galactimus
I had a similar issue with USPS shipment to my address as well. He will get it corrected for you.

2 months later
#724 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Custom. I likely made it.

Coyote......I've been waiting for you to start making these again, any idea when?

2 months later
#758 5 years ago

Yep a small shim under his lid and some slight spring bending while in fully extended position should give you enough adjusting to get it sitting flush with protector installed.

9 months later
#927 4 years ago
Quoted from partyguy1516:

Sweet thanks any specific kit better than the others?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65611

I have this one. Works great. It’s also the original style that got re-run.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hadn't seen that one before, looks like it's thinner than the Mod Couple one I have and may not cause so many rejects. Do you get any ball hop from it when the RM is down?

nope. no ball hop. Can shoot the ringmaster hole just fine.

Once I installed the plastic lid (needed to add a shim to get it leveled properly) I adjusted the downward travel just a hair so its flush. It was a little crooked in the opening so I applied some hand force to the base of the spring, giving it a little bend in the correct direction and its perfect now.

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys, Where can I buy the bottom plastic piece that goes on the translite on the backbox to lift it out? Mine broke and I purchased a new one from pinball life but it's not thick enough for that plastic form back box to fit all the way in the track. I guess ours needs to be thicker for the plexi and plastic form. Anyone have a source? Thanks

Planetarypinball or bayareaamusements should have the thicker lift channel you need.

2 years later
#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... we have Cirqus Voltaire "backglasses" (acrylic) available - we wanted to get a better result as the silkscreened versions (and we had half a pallet that we had to throw away) were all over the map due to the artwork and the process ... you get what you get.
So, we high-res scanned and cleaned/aligned the original WMS silkscreen films, and then with cut the new acrylic plastics using the original CAD file, and then assembled the films digitally and then had produced with more vibrant effect using the original artwork.
We have these now available http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2832V2
Team PPS
[quoted image]

TeamPPS,
Thank you.
Could you also look into getting the white tub remade for behind the acrylic please?

11 months later
#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Hi all. I noticed the sound in my CV is lacking bass. This is my second CV by the way and both had the same issue so I guess it’s common for all. I wonder if anyone has done anything (other than pinsound or changing the speaker) to have fixed this. A long time ago, someone posted a link of a board resolder change to fix that issue but I can’t recall it.

https://iobium.com/cirqus_voltaire.htm

6 months later
#2071 8 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

Insert Body (White Tubs) Now Available 03-9696.1 Cut to Original Blueprint holes, etc.
NOTE: We were debating whether to offer these with two large speaker holes as well but have not checked into whether this is desired or able to be done - if anyone can comment on this please let us know.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-03-9696
Team PPS
[quoted image]

Thank you for producing this. Just ordered. I’d probably buy one with the enlarged speaker hole as well. Can you get some of the wider back glass trim remade for this too? It’s sold out everywhere for quite some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans?tu=sethman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.