cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kickabit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from BallyWilliams:

Thanks For that.
That's alot for a beginner. I'm spending my time sorting damage so to drill out stuff will be a first haha
Out of curiosity are you aware of a video tutorial or decent visual guides on this job?

I find a drill press is much easier to use than a hand drill. Basically just find a bit that’s about the size of the tub on the rivet. When you flip the ramp over look at the flange that’s created when the rivet was pressed, the tube should be a little larger than the dimple that’s created from pressing. Position the bit so that it’s in the center of the dimple. I would use cutting oil too to save your bit. You usually want your drill to operate at a lower speed. Keep a good handle on the ramp to since the bit can catch on the rivet and the torque from the drill can spin the whole ramp around. You’re really just trying to drill out the flange not the whole rivet. Go slowly, wear gloves and eye protection. You should be fine. It’s more tedious than difficult. Also, you’ll need to get some hardware to replace the rivets so you can put it all back together. Unless you want to press new rivets to make it look stock. I really wish they would have used screws in the first place.

1 year later
#847 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

What have you guys done with your scrolls to attache them? I want to put them on but don't want to screw them into the backbox...and not sure about double sided tape on new decals?
Any ideas please.

I used museum putty to attach my scrolls. It holds pretty well and doesn’t leave a residue.

https://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-88111-Museum-Putty-Neutral/dp/B0002VA9NA/ref=mp_s_a_1_4

1 year later
#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello All
Well I found a CV that I was able to secure for a reasonable price so I respectfully request admission, on a probationary term, to the club!
I need a few things and was hoping for some input if possible. First off I need a new cabinet decal for the coin door portion of the game. This game was routed and I want to remove the anti theft bar mounts and freshen up the face. Any suggestions for high quality decals? Also, game does not have leds so this is a must. I have used coin taker in the past but wanted some input. Have heard good things about comet too. Last but not least, I plan to replace the existing dmd with a color version. This game just seems to demand it. Please weigh in. I remain grateful

I really like the color DMD in my CV. It pairs really well with being down near the playfield. I also think changing the bulbs to LEDs make the bright colors in the playfield and inserts really pop. If you change the GIs and inserts I’d also recommend the LED OCD and GI OCD boards from herg One of the cooler aspect is of CV is all the dimming of the GIs. It’s hard to eliminate strobing of LEDs without the OCD boards.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

CV looks amazing with incandescent. Please consider keeping it original.

I agree it looks great with incandescents too. I don't think you can go wrong either way (unless you start going bonkers with color LED bulbs). If you're putting in a Color DMD the LEDs on the DMD are going to be pretty bright. If you swap in LED bulbs I wouldn't use anything too bright. Just single SMD LEDs with warm or sunlight white. Cool white doesn't fit this game as well. You could use some color LEDs for the inserts but I'd keep most everything some shade of white.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kickabit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans?tu=kickabit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.