Topic Stats

• 988 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 303 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9ce97190fb22c17a618ecb05dcd86cf4f97dd08a (resized).jpg
58bb5095365d7d438cec40546761dd184b026709 (resized).jpg
91CF84AF-11ED-48B3-B97F-41F5D8805DE2 (resized).jpeg
9A07B4A6-ED3B-495B-BED3-4C3E9AC7A453 (resized).png
A36705C7-01B4-422E-AEC2-4D333B36E7C9 (resized).png
446B7262-BABD-4F15-BB6B-42F2FE4BA727.jpeg
5240D685-75F6-4953-90BB-C1B5DDC50870.jpeg
E8B5D6B4-2EDB-4648-8F6B-1AC3F69ECFF4.jpeg
FC438DA8-5576-4238-ACAB-12B6F12B638E.jpeg
E002E334-2195-4CFA-A231-EED0430CB2D2 (resized).jpeg
D8848BFE-2B9E-4E93-899A-5BC3C434936F (resized).jpeg
B268BFD0-65B2-4004-A4C7-9E27FE957E24 (resized).jpeg
19A3E431-DCAC-42CA-B38E-5A5C01F1732C (resized).jpeg
D4AF89C1-BA88-4BED-9706-D27E6ED17BD2 (resized).jpeg
3BD76F25-EBA7-4889-A5AB-A1EBE3F86EA1 (resized).jpeg
20190821_173149 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#512 2 years ago

Menagerie ball should match the color of the neon light. Mine are both blue which is correct for my serial number.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

OH!
That went on the coin door. In one of the dollar bill panels.

No, they *were* random leaving the factory.

I was mistaken. The IPD stated the colors "usually" matched. Brain is going!

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Not your fault- I didn't even know it said that!
When I got my Sample, I started the CV owner's list, and kept track of everyone's game - plus Neon and Ball color, and it sure seemed hellish random to me at the time.

I think I am on that list but I could not recall where it is!

1 week later
#540 2 years ago

My CV usually throws the ball backwards during Razz. Sometimes I shake the ball off to get a shot in before RM goes back down. But you may want to wait because he may throw the ball on the highwire ramp for a lock. The screw should be flat though so the ball will center on his head.

#543 2 years ago

Grinder

4 months later
#654 1 year ago

My ringmaster also throws the ball different directions at different times. The ball has landed in the high-wire ramp many times. Sometimes I will shake the ball off him to hit the Boom balloon.

2 months later
#682 1 year ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Hey guys just joined the club. Took a buddies CV just to work on a few issues we did a temp trade with my Stern Harley 3rd edition. After I started digging into it, I though out an offer with the Harley as trade also and he can back with a counter offer on a little more cash and now the deal is done.
Woke up early this morning and installed Comet LED's and it came out Great.
I Love Comet Ice Blue LED's also one of the only LED I will use for GI it looks great. I was trying to see if Comet would make there flame bulb with Ice Blue also that would look great.
Here's a pic after with the LED's. Only a few LED's where in this when I got it, someone installed purple and green sets under the sling shots and a few greens around the ringmaster. The slings seem ok not sure if I like the green around the ringmaster mainly because they are not frosted and you can see them so a little to bright they might get swapped out.

Looks great. I got mine shopped with all cool frosted white LED. I could not even look at the playfield it was so bright! I replaced all the whites. I used mostly blue frosted, some purple frosted.

6 months later
#751 1 year ago
20180713_154856_resized (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#761 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

are the spinners in CV supposed to make a noise when they spin ?
It’s so often the small things in pinball which make a difference - like the sounds the spinners in FT makes when they spin. In CV I’m not really that aware of the spinners unless I’m looking at them (which is always dangerous as the ball is already somewhere else).

Right spinner sounds like a ratchet. Left spinner is sort of like a whistle.

3 months later
#821 8 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Joined!! My grail!! Missed out on one a few years ago because I need to think about the price overnight, was sold while I was thinking!!
Not this time!! Super Happy!!
I do have a few questions though and probably many more to come but this is a Mirco Pf'd, new, 70 odd plays...I have put mylar down where the balls fall from the wire ramp for m/ball. Do I need it anywhere else do you think? Scoop eject from ringmaster?
Cliffys for the Ringmaster and shooter lane...where can I find these? Cliffy doesn't show the ringmaster?
Rule sheet...is IPDB the best one out there?
Anything else you guys think I need to know, adjust, buy or recommend!!
Otherwise...glad to be in the club!!
[quoted image]

You are good to go.

3 months later
#897 4 months ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Anybody have a spare 04-10253-1? The bracket that holds the blue rubber block to the right of the ringmaster.
They seem to be unavailable anywhere.
My machine has the mirror image part, 04-10253. This is dorky, as ringmaster orbit shots that enter on the left bounce off it on their way out the right. Doy.
[quoted image]
I have a temporary "solution" in the meantime *blush*.
[quoted image]
Thanks,
-Jason

I put one in from Stern Lord of the Rings.

#900 4 months ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Oooh, please tell me a bit more!
If you've got the P/N or manual details handy, or can just at least point to where it goes on the machine, then I can do some digging to find the deets.

Thanks for the tip--In my recent search, Pinbits was one of the many places I'd found that was OoS/Discontinued on this P/N. I contacted Pinbits & got an instant response telling me that Marco has them. Nope, Marco has the mirror image part. I then pointed this out in a follow-up to Pinbits. No reply yet.
Thanks,
-Jason

The LOTR is reversed. I modified it. I drilled a hole in the bracket and used a pop rivet to mount it. Works great.

#903 4 months ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Ah, gotcha.
I have the reversed part already.
I was considering drilling a lower hole in the ball guide on my game (sacrilege!!!), but that would put the screw head at just the wrong height, so the ball would bump it on every left-to-right ringmaster orbit.
The bracket's cheap enough that I could drill a new hole in it, punch a hole in the rubber, & press a PEM nut into it. Not too tricky.
Thanks,
-Jason

Too hard to drill the guide. Drill the bracket.

1 month later
#938 83 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It is hard to tell but it looks like there is some color LEDs in the GI, I'd recommend you replace those with incandescent or the frosted Sunlight 2SMDs from Comet. That will help to brighten it up a lot. Blue and Purple are terrible at actually providing improved visibility when used in GI. I really like incandescent in this game but the same Sunlight LEDs are pretty good though you will probably get flickering unless you disable the dimming feature or add the GIOCD board.

I am putting LEDs in my Simpson's Pinball Party. Are the Comet sunlight better than cool white? I was going to put clear cool white under the inserts and most of the upper playfield. I would put a few frosted cool white at the slings and out lanes. Any thoughts? Thanks.

#940 83 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is purely subjective as to which is better. I almost always prefer a warmer white unless the game is space themed or similar, if there were a hospital or doctor's office themed game (God forbid) I'd also choose cool white. Not sure how cool white would look in Simpsons but I think the Sunlights would be better. The warmer white is much closer to what you get from incandescent bulbs and to me is just generally more pleasing and doesn't provide "hot spots" as much. My other general rule of thumb (I'm sure someone else came up with it before me) is if I can see the bulb directly I use frosted, not clear LEDs, this applies to LEDs under sling plastics and some other ones as well.

Thanks. I always use frosted to not get blinded! I have some warm white frosted in pin now. I want to make sure the colors pop. The incandescent bulbs make the Simpson's look a little bit dull. I want to make the right choice before I spend a ton on 100+ bulbs.

#941 83 days ago

I am going with sunlight frosted and clear from Comet. Thanks for the help!

1 week later
#952 71 days ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Still looking for part number 04-10253-1. That's the elusive guard-ball guide with blue bumper pad kit. Anyone have one to sell, or willing to fabricate one?

Get the 04-10253 and modify it. I did it in my CV. Just drill a new hole in the new part.

#955 71 days ago

I think a small tip Phillips may take it out. You should get the CV manual. It has part numbers and instructions for all parts removal.
I put in a machine screw with a domed top. The ball spins around the screw. Mine had a flat top screw when I got the CV. The ball stayed in the middle of the RM head.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Boards
PinSound
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 189.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside