cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbaum88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Well, I could not find one so here it is.....the Circus Voltaire club!

I recently got this great game and would love to hear from other admirers of this wonderful piece of kinetic art.

I gave this a middling review at first, having only played it on Pinball Arcade (groan! - I know). But, when I saw the game in person at a friend's house I was blown away. It is easily one of the most beautiful games out there. I understand the colors may be polarizing to some, but I think it is gorgeous. Also has the coolest looking, teardrop inserts ever and with LEDs, its got the WOW factor. Not a fan of the scrolls but to each his own....I thought the game had terrible outlanes (like on PA) but it does not and the captive ball on the PF actually helps keep the ball IN play.

But my favorite part of the pin is the gameplay. I love the Ringmaster (is it a guy, is it a girl?) and it is very satisfying to slip one down his gullet. On the hat trick mode, you can shoot multiple balls down his throat and it is easy to aim at the Ringmaster. I like games that have multiple modes that progress towards a wizard mode and of course, CV has an excellent one in having to achieve several steps to join the circus. And the shots feel good to me, the left ramp, the tough right orbit shot, the Side Show. The only problem I have is that many of my Ringmaster shots go airborne and up and over, sometimes getting out of play. Anyone else have this experience?

Obviously, John Pop is a creative genius with TOM, TOTAN and CV.

What an experience - "Welcome to the Side Show!"

#3 10 years ago

Okay, I will give that a try! Thanks Marc. Did you just manually adjust it with your hands or open it up? Tighten it?

#6 10 years ago

Max - it is REALLY hard to believe they did not make any more inset DMDs. It must be more expensive - it clearly better for the player to see it while playing. Of course, I hear Pop is using one for Magic Girl.

#16 10 years ago

Congrats Volk! Hey I'm in Atlanta. Who did you buy it from if you don't mind me asking...you are going to love it for sure.

#17 10 years ago

I should take the glass off but I'm lazy tonight....working too damn hard.

image-662.jpgimage-662.jpg
#20 10 years ago

Steven P - you win! Great job, I nominate you for Prez of this fine club.

#21 10 years ago

Oh and I have the laser mod in back left corner in green and pink that really fits with this game.

image-399.jpgimage-399.jpg
#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I've never thought that harshly about my CV

Nor have I. In fact, mine is extremely forgiving and the outlanes are not a problem at all.

#34 10 years ago

Congrats man. That coin door is awesome!! I saw it in his ad. Wish I could find one.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There is a set screw at the bottom of the mechanism, under the PF. It's easy to adjust. You loosen four screws that allow it to move around and then set the height properly. It's well documented in the manual. Should take you only a few minutes.
Marc

So, took your advice, tightened up the screw, now works great. Even balances the ball for a few extra seconds. Thanks!

8 years later
#1824 1 year ago

Well folks, at someone's request, I changed the name of the club to include the Q!

Hopefully, that improves the flow of traffic here.

BTW, most gorgeous game ever. Discuss....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbaum88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans?tu=dbaum88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.