image (resized).jpg
20231223_114934 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20231218_101708 (resized).jpg
20231218_101701-a (resized).jpg
20231216_195701 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1367 3 years ago

Cleaning up my CV and adding some mods. I found that I have the lit Ringmaster eyes mod, but it says to connect it to the RM flasher. I'd prefer they were constantly lit. Is there an easy way to tap always on 12v, or should I scrap these for some easier 6v solution? If so, what is that? Someone mentioned a 3 LED strip. Do those light up the eyes, or do you see a light bar across the forehead?

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I am just in the process of doing the same. I bought the single LED 6.3v for the eyes and will add 2 wires to the harness and connect to the GI string. Eyes lit all the time seems like the way to go.
I think it would be easier to use the led 3 strip and just remove the middle led. Seems like it would sit better inside the head.

I ended up going this route. I pulled the flasher LEDs and put in a 3-LED strip. I put black electrical tape over the middle LED and the outer 2 are perfectly spaced for the eyes. Ran wiring down to a GI bulb and this looks much better. Thanks for the idea.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#1426 3 years ago

I have an unopened mod couple ringmaster protector set that I don’t need. PM me if interested.

#1437 3 years ago

If you're not looking for all the crazy flasher options (which I think are SO over the top) then there is a thread on creating your own stadium lights. I own a set of PS that I bought back when they first came out and they're in my RZ. I like them, but especially for just playfield lighting, they're insanely priced.

Based on the thread, I bought all the materials to build my own and I have enough parts to build 4 full sets and lots of extra common parts to build several more partial sets. All this cost me less than a single set of PS. I think it will work out to $60+ per set with full RGB+W wifi control. If you would rather pay a premium for a drop in solution, then PS has you covered.

I'm usually a "pay someone to do it for me" kinda guy with these DIY solutions, but I don't want any stadium flashers, and I could buy at least one, maybe two additional pinball machines for what PS in all my games would cost.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.