20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231223_114934 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20231218_101708 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Where/what should I ground the cable inside the cabinet to? And in the other photo, do these two plug into anything in the boards? Thanx

The manual has a section in the back that shows what wires (by color combination) are attached to each pin of each connector for all the boards in the backbox. Look up the Power Driver board in that section and look for connectors in the 11x - 12x range IIRC.

The ground strap in your hand typically is pulled up through to the head and attached under a wing nut on a stud on bottom lower left side.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#1751 2 years ago

I've always considered the neon a really great "gimmick" in the game. One of my favorite things about it's art/design.

Quoted from GPS:

Indeed you are right! Just checked their site. Well, maybe they just ran out of green but I did purchase mine from Pinball Life. Maybe a phone call may resolve the issue.

Man, shipping a neon tube with the quality of today's shipping services... UGH, what a nightmare.

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Last bump for anyone who may wish to have an orange neon for their game. Working/good shape. Just don’t want to keep it hanging around. No damn room. Need more machines!!!
Thanks fellas

I've got blue and the Orange (Tangerine?) sounds interesting.

Has anyone ever put together a page that has all the different neon colors released on the game side by side? Would be cool to see but I'd rather not duplicate all the effort if it's out there.

1 week later
#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from mikekemp:

Rebuilding my CV playfield after to many years. Issue i have is behind left slingshot. The metal post in first pic goes in this hole.
However under the PF the hole seems to be blocked / covered by this plastic in pic 2.
Could someone with a CV send me a pic of what the under playfield looks like where this post comes through like in pic 2,
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

You've got the rollover installed upside down/backwards/ 180 deg out. Move the wires to the "top".

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from mikekemp:

Added a Pin2dmd with colour files. Excellent job done on the colour and really adds to the games. A must on this game IMO
[quoted image]

Looks awesome! Did you buy the Pin2DMD assembled or do that on your own?

1 month later
#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

use the reversed part from MB, etc.

Out of curiosity, How have folks been using that part, are they drilling a 2nd hole in the CV ball guide (on the "bottom") and using the MB part?

7 months later
#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Is there a pdf of the CV manual online anywhere?
Richard

????? Internet Pinball Database

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4059

2 months later
#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

They are worth that much!? Crazy. I have a set in my closet. Don’t want to drill into my decals, any other way to attach them?

No they're not worth that much, not to me anyway, but they can ask anything they want for them. They know what they're worth and never seem really interested in actually selling them, just looking for a big payday. See this all the time in classic car circles and all I do is make a note of who they are and avoid them. YMMV

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I made my own version, it takes time and of course they don't look like repros at all and the Quality is not the same, also they are heavy and need to be drilled or really heavy velcro. I love that game so much, but thousands of dollars ?
[quoted image]

From the image you posted they look pretty darn good.

6 months later
#2077 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

How bout them scrolls?

Another vote for scrolls...

1 month later
#2087 6 months ago
Quoted from bossrat:

Does anyone have any recommendations on repairing random switch failures?
My CV complains of switch failures on startup, but when testing them they all test and function perfectly fine.
I originally thought maybe replacing all the electrolytics would fix it, but i guess not.
Help!

Do you mean - every time you power up, regardless of how long the game has been off, you always get a complaint of bad switches? Or are you saying whenever a switch shows up as bad they always test good when you check them?

Testing them with your finger isn't an accurate way to test the switches because typically you move the switch farther than the ball would in play. You should start by testing with a ball and adjust if necessary. Switches tend to go bad slowly, as they age they become intermittent, and sometimes you spend less time overall by just replacing switches once the game starts complaining about them a few times.

2 months later
#2150 4 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Simple, we just don’t buy.

I've basically stopped buying repro art/specialty parts at all unless it's from specific vendors. I think that leaves me with 1 vendor.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

maybe a link to this page of the thread sent to the pps guys will get them on track.

LOL, don't hold your breath. Spend some time in the Mirco threads if you'd like to see your hopes dashed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans?tu=bakerhillpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.