20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231223_114934 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20231218_101708 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MutterFudder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1209 3 years ago

Hi all, new to the thread. I've had a players quality CV for a few years now and I'm trying to spruce it up a bit. A few things have eluded me and wanted to know if anyone had a lead on:
- Replacement trim for the backglass -- Thanks to the tub and larger plastic "translite" it's a thicker channel trim than other wpc95 games. I can't find it anywhere.
- A replacement "tub" for the backbox -- the part behind the backglass. Mine's pretty fragile and cracked in a few spots, and I'd love to replace it if I could find a source.

A few quick questions in case anyone knows off hand.
- How many rips does your spinner take to light "SPIN" marvel? I rip it good twice in a row and it sometimes won't complete the marvel. As designed? Feels like it's a real short timer to hit it again.
- When on phase 1 of Join the Cirqus, my "S" shot sometimes won't complete even when hitting the shot full around the loop. I've tested all switches on the path and they all register in switch test. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks -- I'm trying to make my way back through the thread for fun!

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Thank you very much coyote. I will take a look at this tonight and report back. Not sure where the juggler is but I will look in the manual. Thank you

Juggler are the two saucer locks in the back left of the playfield.

6 months later
#1433 3 years ago

I took a short clip of one of my recent CV streams. We have the Pinstadium Fusions and have the UV tied to the ringmaster flasher, and one flasher tied to the neon and keyed to the neon color. This clip gives you an idea of how much it floods the game, but because I can tie one of the Fusion's flashers to the neon and key it to that color, it looks really nice in person. This may be WAY WAY too much if you're trying to just light the playfield a bit -- the regular pinstadiums would be better.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/960053583

To be fair: I think the Fusions are overkill in most games - TOO much color. We thought we'd give it a shot on CV because the game is so colorful and we like the effect (we also have a "red" flash tied to the boom balloon and a pink flash to the "join the cirqus" light.). You mileage may, of course, vary

Semi-annual post that I'm still looking for the white "tub" that goes behind the backglass and holds the ball, coil, and lights. If anyone has one for sale please let me know!

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from Kare9:

Does the video make this seem more intense than in real life? IDK if I like how intense that is, just seems like a wizard mode or jackpot light show constantly.

The video for sure makes it look more intense, but you can dial it even crazier (or less intense) with the app. The set we have has 5 different bulbs it can attach to for "pulsing" the lights, as well as the regular set lights. If you're just going for "I'd like the playfield to be lighter", this would be like swatting a mosquito with a bulldozer. I agree though that in most games, this is too much. We have a normal Pinstadium set in our Theatre of Magic and don't have the flasher attached, and we love it. I've got it set at a warm white with some red in it, and it makes the playfield just look evenly lit.

My white tub developed a crack in it before I purchased it, and every time I need to take the backglass off (admittedly not too often) it gets a bit worse. It's at the point I'd do pretty much anything to not take the backglass off.

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes It is. It is one from IPB. NOS. My Panel on my game is fine. I just wanted a spare in case the cannon solenoid broke it.

Dang, that’s awesome. If you ever feel confident in your new one enough to let your old one go, please let me know. Mine is practically held together with dreams and duct tape at this point.

2 months later
#1590 2 years ago

Recently ordered backglass trim from Mr. Pinball (the links Pinoffski put above). Shipping to the states took about 2-3 weeks, and they're great. Order with confidence.

7 months later
#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I only have trim channel on the bottom of my translite. Does anyone know the size for the sides and top of the trim channel for the translite (or have a part number)? Thank you

Sides: 03-9698-2
Top trim: 03-9698-1
Bottom channel: 03-9697

Also -- Good frickin' luck finding em . I finally bit the bullet after a few years and bought from Mr. Pinball in AU and paid the premium on shipping (and happy I did). Best I can tell all those are unique to CV, and I waited for a while at planetary and marco with no luck. I thought, though, I heard they may be re-running it soon at planetary?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MutterFudder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans?tu=MutterFudder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.