Topic Stats

• 1,055 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Gotfrogs
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 326 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2846 (resized).jpg
IMG_2844 (resized).jpg
IMG_2845 (resized).jpg
MRS-R (resized).jpg
C9B3D92C-56CB-4B44-99EC-CB27B74C0020 (resized).jpeg
49245363908_6604a29b00_k (resized).jpg
IMG_2738 (resized).jpg
IMG_2741 (resized).jpg
IMG_2744 (resized).jpg
622EB8C0-C5D4-4F4F-9BBF-81C76B4664AD (resized).jpeg
730487EE-097C-4155-A8C9-7E05AE171FB9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A8D693D4-5D48-4F97-8E6F-A8559A12E5C6 (resized).jpeg
14EB0C60-1A36-4265-A042-02DF9E8D45DB (resized).jpeg
4D2BDC1A-8C16-470B-8EAF-CBAF1BD579AD (resized).jpeg
1224506A-AD97-46C3-9E23-3F0F8612152D (resized).jpeg

There are 1055 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.
#251 3 years ago

ordered today

#252 3 years ago

Ordered today

#253 3 years ago

CV for sale on ebay right now if any of the UK contingent is after one? £8K!

#254 3 years ago

Ordered the ColorDMD as well and should have it tomorrow. If anyone wants a good deal on a green XPin LED DMD let me know.

#255 3 years ago

I have a question for everyone. What do you all use to keep the left ramp flap down on the playfield? Mine wants to constantly lift up, even though the ramp and the flap are brand new. I used some doubled sided 3M tape/glue like substance, and that holds it down for a few days, but it eventually comes back up. When that happens, I wipe off the 3M stuff (it rolls up in your hand like rubber cement), lay down a fresh piece, and repeat about once a week.

Pic of the left side starting to come up. Based on my experience, the whole thing will be up in the air by tomorrow.
IMG_0091_(resized).jpg

#256 3 years ago

That usually just meas your rivets are loose. I would replace them.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I have a question for everyone. What do you all use to keep the left ramp flap down on the playfield? Mine wants to constantly lift up, even though the ramp and the flap are brand new. I used some doubled sided 3M tape/glue like substance, and that holds it down for a few days, but it eventually comes back up. When that happens, I wipe off the 3M stuff (it rolls up in your hand like rubber cement), lay down a fresh piece, and repeat about once a week.
Pic of the left side starting to come up. Based on my experience, the whole thing will be up in the air by tomorrow.

Did you try gently bending the ramp flap down with the ramp removed from the game? I've had to to that more than once on new ramps I've bought for games.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That usually just meas your rivets are loose. I would replace them.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you try gently bending the ramp flap down with the ramp removed from the game? I've had to to that more than once on new ramps I've bought for games.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will take the ramp off and check the rivets and see if I need to replace them or just gently bend the flap down a bit.

#259 3 years ago

Got my colordmd LED display today. Very easy to install, and it looks great!
IMG_0097_(resized).jpg
IMG_0096_(resized).jpg

#260 3 years ago

Got mine installed last night

image_(resized).jpeg

#261 3 years ago

I finally joined. The game has been on my wish list since 2011. Already have my LED ColorDMD and gameglades, but need the time to install it all.

CV_(resized).jpg

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I finally joined. The game has been on my wish list since 2011. Already have my LED ColorDMD and gameglades, but need the time to install it all.

Nice custom neon. I probably made that one!

#263 3 years ago

Question for you guys who have already installed the color DMD. Were the installation instructions clear and were there any surprises? I wanted to wait and hear some feedback before ordering, especially after the tough time I had with Tommy colorDMD. Thanks!

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Question for you guys who have already installed the color DMD. Were the installation instructions clear and were there any surprises? I wanted to wait and hear some feedback before ordering, especially after the tough time I had with Tommy colorDMD. Thanks!

I did not see any specific instructions for CV but it was super easy. Just remove the two nuts and the two screws from the front of the display mount and the whole thing comes straight out of the machine. I left the spacers off when I installed the colordmd panel like a few others have suggested. It just brings the display a little closer. My machine had two ground cables on the old display so I just left them on there. The power for the new display comes from an unused connector on the power driver board, so no need for piggy backing. If you have not done so, I would update the firmware while the display is out. Might be a tight fit for the usb drive otherwise.

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

LCD install into DE games is tough and a reason we were hesitant to roll out LCD support for DE games.

LED hardware install on both CV and DE games approaches plug and play (except for the difference in where it draws power).

#266 3 years ago

Finally in the club!!!

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Hi fellow Cirqus members,
I still had the Blackout mod by Pinbits lying around from when I had my AfM, and have just added it to my freshly LED'ed CV to see what it does. (http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=387). The effects of this thing on CV are pretty awesome!
For those of you who don't know about this mod: it essentially turns off the GI in the backbox when all playfield GI is turned off. WPC95 machines cannot turn off the backbox GI by themselves. The mod was originally designed to make AfM completely dark during Strobe multiball.
On CV, it makes the rare occasion of Neon multiball even more of a rush. Now it's really -just- the neon flashing. Also, the start of highwire multiball is extra cool, because the cat in the animation now turns off all GI by flipping the switch. During this animation, the flashers in the backbox do light up. On my machine, these flashers are green leds. Very cool effect. These 2 occasions make it totally worth it for me, but there's more cool effects. Especially during Join the Cirqus, which I've reached just once since I added the mod.
I'll make a Youtube video about this when I've got the time. Just wanted to share my excitement for now.
I am in no way affiliated with Pinbits, by the way.

Hey great idea Jappie!
I installed the Blackout Mod and I'm testing it out. It kills the Backbox lights on many different modes in CV. Any Video Mode, each stage of Ringmaster, Boom Balloon Hits, each Juggler Lock, each Highwire Lock, and Welcome to the Cirqus effect is great. I highly recommend adding this mod.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Finally in the club!!!

Pics or it didn't happen

#269 3 years ago

I just updated my CV and something didn't go right. Any ideas?
I'll take is as a challenge.CV_or_MM_(resized).png

#270 3 years ago

omg that funny IMO you win Pinside for today

#271 3 years ago

I just updated my CV and something didn't go right. Any ideas?
I'll take is as a challenge.

Your ringmaster is not straight..!

#272 3 years ago

Hi!
Since a couple weeks, I boot the game and after 5 minutes it Will systematically reset and restart wiping All scores and adjustments. It restarts with error "set time and date"

Batteries are new.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Hi!
Since a couple weeks, I boot the game and after 5 minutes it Will systematically reset and restart wiping All scores and adjustments. It restarts with error "set time and date"
Batteries are new.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

I suspect battery alkaline damage. Can you post a picture of the MPU board?

#274 3 years ago

Hi!
Batteries are new.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Check the battery holder contacts and clean them.

#275 3 years ago

Thanks guy. Will do this weekend

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I found the instructions and procedure very clear. As jazzmaster said, It is a super easy install. It really looks amazing!!
The biggest surprise seems to be the ColorDMD advertising in copy cat mode.
Overall it is a small thing, but I'm not a fan of it. I wish they had mentioned it in the description.
It feels a little second class or sneaky. I think I would have still made the purchase.
I simply would have preferred to know about it beforehand or ideally have the option to disable it.

It is discussed in the, ColorDMD joins the Circus Game 44, thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-joins-the-circus

Quoted from twenty84:

I installed the ColorDMD in my CV. I love the look of it but I found it a bit cheesy that the copy cat mode now advertises ColorDMD.

Quoted from xfassa:

CoLoR me impressed! This may be the be the best display to date. It just POPS on a machine that already has plenty of pop. The color selection and brightness are just amazing. Seriously, it's that freaking good. Well done COLORDMD. Just a fantastic job.
One very minor gripe. Not a fan of the "Color" and "DMD" captions during the copy cat game.

Some thought it was not obtrusive or wouldn't matter to those looking at Color DMD options.

Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't really consider it an advertisement, it's just an Easter Egg of sorts and actually makes the boring Copy Cat left and right blobs a little more interesting. Anyone serious enough about pinball to get to play a CV with this display in it is probably going to know exactly what product they're looking at well before they get to Copy Cat mode and if they don't they probably aren't in the market for one anyway.

#277 3 years ago

Woo hoo! Finally joined the CV club -- Thanks Twenty84!

#278 3 years ago

I suspect battery alkaline damage. Can you post a picture of the MPU board?

You were dead on. One of the contact was green by an old leak I suppose. A good clean and as for now, no reset yet!!

So great to learn these simple tips.
Thanks guys

2 weeks later
#279 3 years ago

You were dead on. One of the contact was green by an old leak I suppose. A good clean and as for now, no reset yet!!
So great to learn these simple tips.
Thanks guys

Still would like to see a picture to see if any nasty green made it to the board. It is not always easy to notice.

#280 3 years ago

OH yeah! I'm enjoying low scoring games now in colour!!
CV colored (resized).png

2 weeks later
#281 3 years ago

So just modded the eyes in my ringmaster. Went with a flickering LED - I like it!

#282 3 years ago

Think I'd call those blinking rather than flickering!

#283 3 years ago

OH yeah! I'm enjoying low scoring games now in colour!!

Oops. I'm not British. I meant color, not colour. Spell check does not even recognize colour. LOL

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

I found the instructions and procedure very clear. As jazzmaster said, It is a super easy install. It really looks amazing!!
The biggest surprise seems to be the ColorDMD advertising in copy cat mode.
Overall it is a small thing, but I'm not a fan of it. I wish they had mentioned it in the description.
It feels a little second class or sneaky. I think I would have still made the purchase.
I simply would have preferred to know about it beforehand or ideally have the option to disable it.
It is discussed in the, ColorDMD joins the Circus Game 44, thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-joins-th

Some thought it was not obtrusive or wouldn't matter to those looking at Color DMD options.

With the new display - does it use the old plastic cover/display cover?

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

With the new display - does it use the old plastic cover/display cover?

Only the DMD gets replaced with the ColorDMD LED display. No other changes. Everything fit fine.

#286 3 years ago

Only the DMD gets replaced with the ColorDMD LED display. No other changes. Everything fit fine.

So, can you buy a new plastic cover for this game?

Thanks

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, can you buy a new plastic cover for this game?
Thanks

Is this what you are looking for? I got mine here.
http://littleshopofgames.com/product/cirqus-voltaire-display-plastic-cover-31-2834-1a/

#288 3 years ago

That's interesting....mine has a notch on the bottom right about a half inch by two inches to accommodate enough room for the upper mini-playfield to not hit when moving the playfield. This one doesn't have it.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

So just modded the eyes in my ringmaster. Went with a flickering LED - I like it!
» YouTube video

Looks great!

#290 3 years ago

What are gameglades? Do you mean game blades or mirror blades?

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

These

7ee5ce1acb8b832cc678636cd0a5470758643865 (resized).jpg

http://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/a8910690-1c13-786d-7c81-1cdd8ba96cb9

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

That's interesting....mine has a notch on the bottom right about a half inch by two inches to accommodate enough room for the upper mini-playfield to not hit when moving the playfield. This one doesn't have it.

Notching it was part of the service kit they issued that also included a bracket to help hold that side in. I think most owners didn't want to cut that plastic so most (that I've seen anyway) are not notched.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Notching it was part of the service kit they issued that also included a bracket to help hold that side in. I think most owners didn't want to cut that plastic so most (that I've seen anyway) are not notched.

Thanks for the info...the distributor must have done on my machine then.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Game blades. I have fat fingers and can't type on my tiny phone.

Mirror blades just look.completely wrong to me on any game.

#295 3 years ago

Game blades. I have fat fingers and can't tyoe on my tiny phone.
Mirror blades just look.completely wrong to me on any game.

With a ColorDMD in your CV....think we can give you a pass this time.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

With a ColorDMD in your CV....think we can give you a pass this time.

Dammit, Jim. Mighty nice of you

#297 3 years ago

Mirror blades look amazing on Tron, but I haven't even considered any other game for mirror accept CV. although I am fond of the Black Sideboards

3 weeks later
#298 3 years ago

Hey guys, I am on the hunt for a bidirectional motor board part # A-15680. It is only used in a few games and CV is one. If any of you have an extra you'd be interested in letting go of I'd be a buyer. Working or not. I picked up a doctor who and the board is MIA. Hard game to play without the mini playfield raising lol. Just let me know. I appreciate it.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Hey guys, I am on the hunt for a bidirectional motor board part # A-15680. It is only used in a few games and CV is one. If any of you have an extra you'd be interested in letting go of I'd be a buyer. Working or not. I picked up a doctor who and the board is MIA. Hard game to play without the mini playfield raising lol. Just let me know. I appreciate it.

http://www.johns-arcade.com/product-page/fc48e845-8db6-54a1-3e60-f2d86785e122

Homepin makes one but it's out of stock. Maybe ask Homepin if they plan to produce more.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

http://www.johns-arcade.com/product-page/fc48e845-8db6-54a1-3e60-f2d86785e122
Homepin makes one but it's out of stock. Maybe ask Homepin if they plan to produce more.

I appreciate it. I had looked at that one. It looks like everyone that has or I should say had the board is out of stock.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burnsville, MN
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 1055 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside