cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 45.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I saw this posted and had to give it a try. I installed the 4.7k resistor and there is definitely more bass, but overall, the sound is very muffled and it sounds like shit! Adjusting the volume of the game only made it sound worse. Maybe a different value resistor would be better. I took the resistor out after 1 minute of gameplay.

Thanks for your honest feedback, I appreciate it. I guess the best (and only?) other solution is to use pinsound... not cheap thought.

#2002 1 year ago

Mine has Flipper Fidelity speakers in it.
It isn’t great as the sound quality in the ROM is crap and the amplifier is crap.
But it’s OK. It’s got quite a lot more bass than my other WMS games and that’s about it.
Not worth the dineros in my opinion. Actually no sound improvements are imo, I think they’re fine from factory.
It’s pretty bad from factory but I just dont care.

The biggest issue in my opinion is the sound quality in the ROM.
No matter what you put after that it’s not going to be good.
Sh*t into an amplifier and all you get is amplified sh*t

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Thanks. I’m curious if anyone has done this change and how the sound was like. I know some people who own a CV but no one has done this change.

Wow that iobium link brings back memories.
That made me also look into improving the sound, instead of a fixed resistor I used a variable resistor so I could adjust every machine different.
It does make a difference. If you do it like I did it's not a permanent change and you can test yourself if you like the improvement and what setting is best for your game.
https://www.flippers.be/pinball_sound_upgrade.html

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

That made me also look into improving the sound, instead of a fixed resistor I used a variable resistor so I could adjust every machine different.
It does make a difference. If you do it like I did it's not a permanent change and you can test yourself if you like the improvement and what setting is best for your game.

Maybe I just suck at pinball but I’d be worried that would fly off when smacking my game around
Easy solution though!

#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Thanks for your honest feedback, I appreciate it. I guess the best (and only?) other solution is to use pinsound... not cheap thought.

Benoit, I added a Prosound speaker kit to my HEP Sample Game and a Polk PS-10 Sub. The game shakes the house. The Polk Sub is plug and play off the cabinet base speaker and it will support two games. I have one for all my games. It is best/cheapest way to get that base that rocks the house with no permanent modification of the game. Heck I just plugged one into my TOTAN with the factory speakers in it and it sounds great.

IMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3279 (resized).jpeg
#2006 1 year ago

deleted: useless question

#2007 1 year ago

rosound speaker kit

Quoted from aeneas:

thanks for the link, I need to test this change as well knowing you can remove it.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Benoit, I added a Prosound speaker kit to my HEP Sample Game and a Polk PS-10 Sub. The game shakes the house. The Polk Sub is plug and play off the cabinet base speaker and it will support two games. I have one for all my games. It is best/cheapest way to get that base that rocks the house with no permanent modification of the game. Heck I just plugged one into my TOTAN with the factory speakers in it and it sounds great. [quoted image]

thanks Scott for the tip, do you have a link for your prosound kit ? is it dedicated to pinball ?

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

rosound speaker kit

thanks for the link, I need to test this change as well knowing you can remove it.

thanks Scott for the tip, do you have a link for your prosound kit ? is it dedicated to pinball ?

Don't bother with adding the 4.7k resistor. I did it yesterday when I saw the post and took it out a minute later. It sounded terrible.

#2009 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

rosound speaker kit

Yes https://pinball pro.net/products He is out of Nebraska, family owned business and Great folks to deal with. ( remember the base cabinet speaker has to be moved in order for the RM assembly to clear it. There is a special plate that comes with the kit to install it correctly) If that is a deal breaker for ya then I would recommend just plugging in the Polk PS-10.

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Don't bother with adding the 4.7k resistor. I did it yesterday when I saw the post and took it out a minute later. It sounded terrible.

Ok thanks for sharing.

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes https://pinball pro.net/products He is out of Nebraska, family owned business and Great folks to deal with. ( remember the base cabinet speaker has to be moved in order for the RM assembly to clear it. There is a special plate that comes with the kit to install it correctly) If that is a deal breaker for ya then I would recommend just plugging in the Polk PS-10.

Oh yeai ok. Indeed. Ot a big fan of the cabinet change, the polk PS-10 is not too expensive so it could be a good way. Thanks.

#2012 1 year ago

Anyone see the scrolls listed in the marketplace? His price started earlier this week at $1200. I messaged him and made a fair offer but was shot down.

#2013 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Anyone see the scrolls listed in the marketplace? His price started earlier this week at $1200. I messaged him and made a fair offer but was shot down.

They are worth that much!? Crazy. I have a set in my closet. Don’t want to drill into my decals, any other way to attach them?

#2014 1 year ago

I think I paid mine around 100 dollars, they were perfect repro. I can’t understznd the price wanted: it’s just 2 basic piece of plastic.

#2015 1 year ago

All you need is a couple screws in the top part of the head to attach them. Thats enough to hold them or can use velcro. Thats how mine are, but the game looks better with them on

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

They are worth that much!? Crazy. I have a set in my closet. Don’t want to drill into my decals, any other way to attach them?

No they're not worth that much, not to me anyway, but they can ask anything they want for them. They know what they're worth and never seem really interested in actually selling them, just looking for a big payday. See this all the time in classic car circles and all I do is make a note of who they are and avoid them. YMMV

#2017 1 year ago

I made my own version, it takes time and of course they don't look like repros at all and the Quality is not the same, also they are heavy and need to be drilled or really heavy velcro. I love that game so much, but thousands of dollars ?

20230104_183745 (resized).jpg20230104_183745 (resized).jpg
#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I made my own version, it takes time and of course they don't look like repros at all and the Quality is not the same, also they are heavy and need to be drilled or really heavy velcro. I love that game so much, but thousands of dollars ?
[quoted image]

From the image you posted they look pretty darn good.

#2019 1 year ago

Planetary Pinball will remake the scrolls at some point. Another Pinsider has done beautifully detailed wood scrolls, but I'll leave it to him to reveal those. They look amazing. No need to spend a fortune on these.

#2020 1 year ago

Mine has the scrolls and honestly… it looks way better without them.
But I’m glad I have them and of course they’re on.
But man… they are ugly.

#2021 1 year ago

Hello everyone! So I'm new to the club and I have one small but very confusing problem. During the Cannonball Run mini game in the backbox you're supposed to hit the flippers to fire the ball into the luck switch but the ball doesn't fire. The game registers that I push the flippers and the cannon works fine in every other aspect of the game, except in this mini game. So it's not the coil itself or a switch problem because from what I can see there is only one switch in the backbox, no switch to register that the ball is in place on the coil. Can anyone give me a direction?

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from safaex:

Hello everyone! So I'm new to the club and I have one small but very confusing problem. During the Cannonball Run mini game in the backbox you're supposed to hit the flippers to fire the ball into the luck switch but the ball doesn't fire. The game registers that I push the flippers and the cannon works fine in every other aspect of the game, except in this mini game. So it's not the coil itself or a switch problem because from what I can see there is only one switch in the backbox, no switch to register that the ball is in place on the coil. Can anyone give me a direction?

Check adjustment A2 - 28, Backbox. Make sure it's set to ON.

#2023 1 year ago

Anyone has installed Pinsound board ? Is it worth it ? Does it have more sounds added ?

#2024 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Check adjustment A2 - 28, Backbox. Make sure it's set to ON.

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion. Backbox is turned on in the settings so that's not the issue. Either this is a strange bug that could be fixed with updating to 2.0 or there is a break somewhere between the cpu and and the power driver poard that's supposed to fire the kicker... or something else. Any other ideas?

#2025 1 year ago
Quoted from safaex:

If the game has dual flipper optos (I think it does but can't trust my memory) does the upper flipper opto register on either or both sides?

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If the game has dual flipper optos (I think it does but can't trust my memory) does the upper flipper opto register on either or both sides?

I'm such an idiot. I had accidentaly connected J118 into J117 which made the cannon go of everytime I wen't through the big loop through the Side Show. Thought this was a feature since I've never actually played the game before. Anyway THANKS alot for trying to help out both of you!

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

[quoted image]

Yess they look amazing i ve bought a pair of scrolls years ago but i need two more pairs for others CV i m waiting for Planetary or CPR rebash!

#2028 1 year ago

Yeah i just made them to complete the look of the game, and because CV is my all time love.

If they don't make a rerun, i made some also for friends and fun.

#2029 1 year ago

Is anyone interested in the Laseriffic topper for their CV? I bought this a few months ago and I'm going to be installing a set of scrolls, so I no longer need the topper. It has the RGB lighting with remote, so you can change the color to whatever you want. I paid $160 plus shipping and will let it go for $125 shipped in the US.

20220724_110903 (resized).jpg20220724_110903 (resized).jpg
#2030 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Is anyone interested in the Laseriffic topper for their CV? I bought this a few months ago and I'm going to be installing a set of scrolls, so I no longer need the topper. It has the RGB lighting with remote, so you can change the color to whatever you want. I paid $160 plus shipping and will let it go for $125 shipped in the US.
[quoted image]

FYI, the scrolls and topper go great together in my book!

IMG_6105 (resized).jpgIMG_6105 (resized).jpg
#2031 1 year ago

Cool ! Love it !

#2032 1 year ago

Looking for any good suggestions for a backglass lift channel for my CV....my current one has the plastic one which has cracked unfortunately. Was hoping for a metal solution but with the backglass on CV being so unusual, not sure of what options are out there.

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Looking for any good suggestions for a backglass lift channel for my CV....my current one has the plastic one which has cracked unfortunately. Was hoping for a metal solution but with the backglass on CV being so unusual, not sure of what options are out there.

You could check with Chris at Pinball Plating. He may have metal ones, chrome, etc.

E07B095D-3D5B-4820-AEBD-2F44FF7F6700 (resized).pngE07B095D-3D5B-4820-AEBD-2F44FF7F6700 (resized).png
4 weeks later
#2034 1 year ago

My cannon in the back glass does not fire when it is supposed to. The connections seem fine. Ideas? Fuse?

Thanks!
Richard

#2035 1 year ago

My cannon in the back glass does not fire when it is supposed to. The connections seem fine. Ideas? Fuse?
Thanks!
Richard

Check the transistor.

#2036 1 year ago

Thanks!
Richard

Did you measure resistance of the coil at the lugs? For some reason that one is prone to breaking the thin wire that attaches to the lugs.

#2037 1 year ago

Thanks!
Richard

Does it fire at all? I had an issue where it didn't fire when supposed (in the cannon fire mode for example) but sometimes otherwise. Check my post higher up on this page.

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Check the transistor.

Ok! Sorry, where is that!?
Thanks!

Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you measure resistance of the coil at the lugs? For some reason that one is prone to breaking the thin wire that attaches to the lugs.

Hmm. Ok. I’ll try that. What should it read? The lugs are where the coil connects to the 2 wires?

Quoted from safaex:

Does it fire at all? I had an issue where it didn't fire when supposed (in the cannon fire mode for example) but sometimes otherwise. Check my post higher up on this page.

Hmm, no it doesn’t fire at all no.

#2039 1 year ago

Thanks!

Hmm. Ok. I’ll try that. What should it read? The lugs are where the coil connects to the 2 wires?

It's on the board in the backbox. If you don't know where it is, I suggest you call someone for help.

#2040 1 year ago

My advice for you. Don’t touch the board if you don’t know electronics. (You can screw up other things in the board ). You need someone whit knowledge about the board or about removing it and send it to repair.

#2041 1 year ago

Thanks!

If it reads more than about 25 ohms it's open and there is probably a broken wire from the lug into the coil. The lugs are where the wires are soldered to the coil.

3 weeks later
#2042 1 year ago

I am cleaning up my CV at the moment, getting parts replated where necessary
The metal that makes up the under playfield mechanism for the ringmaster, is that plated or Stainless steel?

1 month later
#2043 11 months ago

Curious - Does anyone have a Mirco CV repro playfield? If som can you send me a close-up-ish image of the Juggler Inserts? (1, 2, 3, 'Ready')

#2044 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Curious - Does anyone have a Mirco CV repro playfield? If som can you send me a close-up-ish image of the Juggler Inserts? (1, 2, 3, 'Ready')

I can take a good Pic tonight!

#2045 11 months ago

I can take a good Pic tonight!

Would be fantastically appreciated, thanks.

#2046 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Would be fantastically appreciated, thanks.

These images ok?

12524D7B-26D7-45F9-BE97-43B96A5227B2 (resized).jpeg12524D7B-26D7-45F9-BE97-43B96A5227B2 (resized).jpeg7DD53BE0-DEEB-4118-B74C-E5041F03444D (resized).jpeg7DD53BE0-DEEB-4118-B74C-E5041F03444D (resized).jpeg9BDA56EF-D1F0-471C-BEDB-6B6009A02F6C (resized).jpeg9BDA56EF-D1F0-471C-BEDB-6B6009A02F6C (resized).jpegBD4F480C-FB28-4984-8ACB-3E73D37E62B9 (resized).jpegBD4F480C-FB28-4984-8ACB-3E73D37E62B9 (resized).jpegD76DD6DA-A2F7-4673-BFD7-029413D737AF (resized).jpegD76DD6DA-A2F7-4673-BFD7-029413D737AF (resized).jpeg
#2047 11 months ago

These images ok?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

AWESOME! You rock, thank you!

#2048 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

AWESOME! You rock, thank you!

No problem!!! Glad to help!

Richard

#2049 11 months ago

Cleaning out the shop found some CV backbox (head) decals. They are nice, screened version with texture. $65. Also found a bunch of NOS CV plastics and some take off. $75 for the bag. Prices do not include shipping. Let me know if anyone could use them.

#2050 11 months ago

No problem!!! Glad to help!
Richard

Marco had this pf at Allentown. I can only assume it was a mirco production.

4426B2B9-785D-494D-8D62-8D6885D7A982 (resized).jpeg4426B2B9-785D-494D-8D62-8D6885D7A982 (resized).jpeg5E093A66-76CE-42A2-BE6B-191573E148FC (resized).jpeg5E093A66-76CE-42A2-BE6B-191573E148FC (resized).jpegC1D096BB-4AC0-4F4A-8B58-D1B2F70E117F (resized).jpegC1D096BB-4AC0-4F4A-8B58-D1B2F70E117F (resized).jpegE25D1937-2ABA-4BF6-AE64-606DA55A4859 (resized).jpegE25D1937-2ABA-4BF6-AE64-606DA55A4859 (resized).jpegE7194A4E-2CAE-4073-B188-36234C7AB03F (resized).jpegE7194A4E-2CAE-4073-B188-36234C7AB03F (resized).jpegBF628F3C-E7FA-447F-86C3-25AA73F43CF9 (resized).jpegBF628F3C-E7FA-447F-86C3-25AA73F43CF9 (resized).jpegF5CBCD98-EC64-41BF-8C79-6464FDB3D387 (resized).jpegF5CBCD98-EC64-41BF-8C79-6464FDB3D387 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.