cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 45.
#1901 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I didn't know that the standard shooter was not correct. Looks like I need to get a ball style.
Is this game incredibly hard or am I just really bad? Out lanes kill me on this game.

I’m almost sure it is (the round shooter ball) a stock item.

#1902 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Yes! The original ball style that came stock.

Quoted from insight75:

I didn't know that the standard shooter was not correct. Looks like I need to get a ball style.
Is this game incredibly hard or am I just really bad? Out lanes kill me on this game.

Both Pinball Plating (Chris Royalty) and Pinball Decals.com offer chrome ball shooters. I don’t know how they compare, but Chris does really nice work and his chrome is beautiful.

0D3D2D96-7865-4362-BE32-CC882D04B9E6 (resized).png0D3D2D96-7865-4362-BE32-CC882D04B9E6 (resized).pngC8951E07-16BD-4C1C-BF91-6263B480A2F8 (resized).pngC8951E07-16BD-4C1C-BF91-6263B480A2F8 (resized).png
#1903 1 year ago

Chris sure does make a great product. Heavy and beautiful. Actually waiting for an order from him right now.

209AED0E-081B-4029-9BBA-357AF57C21BF (resized).jpeg209AED0E-081B-4029-9BBA-357AF57C21BF (resized).jpegB35EE742-92E8-48EB-9BA3-503C9726F21A (resized).jpegB35EE742-92E8-48EB-9BA3-503C9726F21A (resized).jpeg
#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Congrats! CV is a fun Jpop game. I restored mine and had a blast doing it. What’s the Jpop shooter look like? I have a chrome ball shooter on mine and it’s pretty nice! There are sparkly purple or rainbow colored shooters that would look great too. [quoted image][quoted image]

That is a very nice looking CV that you have. I have a similar chrome shooter ball on my CV that I purchased from Pinball Decals in December of 2011.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/ShooterRodsPage.html

Gord

DSCN0381 (resized).JPGDSCN0381 (resized).JPG

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Chris sure does make a great product. Heavy and beautiful. Actually waiting for an order from him right now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That green ball shooter rod really fits in well with the color scheme of CV.

Gord

#1906 1 year ago

Thanks!

It looks like he also sells one that I believe looks like the stock one that J Pop would have used on his Bally/Williams games.

From what I understand J Pop used this ball style shooter rod in all his games from World Cup Soccer to Star Wars Episode 1 (even tho it would have been much easier for Bally/Williams to use the Launch button on SWE1 like a revenge from Mars had), he wanted this specific part on all his pins.

Richard

205C9FAE-D0B9-461B-9409-3034733FC4EF (resized).png205C9FAE-D0B9-461B-9409-3034733FC4EF (resized).png
#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

That is a very nice looking CV that you have. I have a similar chrome shooter ball on my CV that I purchased from Pinball Decals in December of 2011.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/ShooterRodsPage.html
Gord
[quoted image]

Awesome looking CV you have too! Looks like the chrome shooter from Pinball Decals is high quality. The green one above from Chris Royalty is great too. Several colors would prob work.

#1908 1 year ago

Marco has them as well:

C58D80FC-0B17-43CA-828B-16AAB91DFF8D (resized).pngC58D80FC-0B17-43CA-828B-16AAB91DFF8D (resized).pngC6B8C44E-F21D-4CB5-9AAE-D095460803FE (resized).pngC6B8C44E-F21D-4CB5-9AAE-D095460803FE (resized).png
#1909 1 year ago

Pinball Shark has this purple sparkle ball shooter also, for $45 plus $10 shipping. They offered the rainbow sparkle gray shooter I have on my White Water above. Both are great shooters options.

3eaf06851dffd0bdf5aa5762a253efafffaf1352 (resized).jpg3eaf06851dffd0bdf5aa5762a253efafffaf1352 (resized).jpg
#1910 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Pinball Shark has this purple sparkle ball shooter also, for $45 plus $10 shipping. They offered the rainbow sparkle gray shooter I have on my White Water above. Both are great shooters options.
[quoted image]

Nice!!!

They are all very well done, the ones that were posted!

Richard

#1911 1 year ago

Is there a pdf of the CV manual online anywhere?

Richard

#1912 1 year ago

Is there a pdf of the CV manual online anywhere?
Richard

????? Internet Pinball Database

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4059

1 week later
#1914 1 year ago

Question for the club, I snagged the one listed today as it is basically unplayed, unboxed by the current owner. But no scrolls. Did those ship separately from the game? No colordmd either, but easy fix. I've seen these cheaper but not like new, so I'm reaching slightly on this one, just concerned that I should have factored that in.

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have the tools for the scrolls and are looking at getting them run more ...

Any updates on this one perhaps?

#1916 1 year ago

Took delivery of my CV yesterday!
Loving it!

Richard

52E80920-4053-4D2D-A03E-961039C8935E (resized).jpeg52E80920-4053-4D2D-A03E-961039C8935E (resized).jpegB7296285-B9A7-469A-A6E6-3D88F00EC746 (resized).jpegB7296285-B9A7-469A-A6E6-3D88F00EC746 (resized).jpegE0E14F10-3478-4E7F-B43A-3AD81BB65887 (resized).pngE0E14F10-3478-4E7F-B43A-3AD81BB65887 (resized).png
#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Question for the club, I snagged the one listed today as it is basically unplayed, unboxed by the current owner. But no scrolls. Did those ship separately from the game? No colordmd either, but easy fix. I've seen these cheaper but not like new, so I'm reaching slightly on this one, just concerned that I should have factored that in.

I wouldn't be so worried about the scrolls. You'll find them eventually if you really want them. That's a really nice looking machine. If I didn't have one, I would have jumped on that one too.

#1918 1 year ago

My game didn't come with any scrolls and I don't miss them.

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My game didn't come with any scrolls and I don't miss them.

Mine did. I have them in the closet haha.

Richard

#1920 1 year ago

Ringmaster is not lowering flat to the playfield. When the ball hits it goes into a air ball.

In test mode the ring master finds all positions fine.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Richard

5DDF1873-9F6C-41A1-B698-B347278AFD94 (resized).jpeg5DDF1873-9F6C-41A1-B698-B347278AFD94 (resized).jpeg
#1921 1 year ago

Check out page 1-61 in the manual. Height adjustment screw under the ringmaster assembly. I just adjusted mine. Easy fix.

Ringmaster is not lowering flat to the playfield. When the ball hits it goes into a air ball.
In test mode the ring master finds all positions fine.
Any advice?
Thanks!
Richard
[quoted image]

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Check out page 1-61 in the manual. Height adjustment screw under the ringmaster assembly. I just adjusted mine. Easy fix.

May also need to adjust the "home" or lowered position leave switch to make it lower more, this can be a PITA to get just right.

#1923 1 year ago

My clear guides in the back box for the cannon ball keep coming off.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Richard

5C61C1A2-F741-4112-8C15-419F8EA9B270 (resized).jpeg5C61C1A2-F741-4112-8C15-419F8EA9B270 (resized).jpeg
#1924 1 year ago

Hello.
I am ready to join the Cirqus and I have a CV on the hook for $8600 (keep in mind that prices in Sweden are generally lower than in the States) and I’m wondering what are the usual pitfalls for a CV?
I’m guessing that playfield wear shouldn’t be a no problem as it’s generally a game that weren’t played a lot when routed.
This particular game is not drilled so maybe (just maybe) it has never been routed.
Red neon seems to be working judging from the pictures.
Looks good around the ringmaster.
Looks clean around the lockdown bar, around the flipper buttons, underneath the playfield and all the boards as well.

Also it has the “scrolls” on the back box - are those original or aftermarket only?

#1925 1 year ago

My clear guides in the back box for the cannon ball keep coming off.
Any tips?
Thanks!
Richard
[quoted image]

Solved. None of the plastic posts were pushed thru all the way and therefor no “engaged”.

All good now!

#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Hello.
I am ready to join the Cirqus and I have a CV on the hook for $8600 (keep in mind that prices in Sweden are generally lower than in the States) and I’m wondering what are the usual pitfalls for a CV?
I’m guessing that playfield wear shouldn’t be a no problem as it’s generally a game that weren’t played a lot when routed.
This particular game is not drilled so maybe (just maybe) it has never been routed.
Looks clean around the lockdown bar, around the flipper buttons, underneath the playfield and all the boards as well.
Also it has the “scrolls” on the back box - are those original or aftermarket only?

The scrolls came with the machine. Any pics you can share? Sounds like a good clean machine. As long as everything works I wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe check the boards and look for any acid damage. Check the back panel on the back glass and look for breaks. Common issue. Mine has been repaired. This is one of my favorite machines in a pretty large collection. Seriously considering giving it the HEP treatment at some point.

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

The scrolls came with the machine. Any pics you can share? Sounds like a good clean machine. As long as everything works I wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe check the boards and look for any acid damage. Check the back panel on the back glass and look for breaks. Common issue. Mine has been repaired. This is one of my favorite machines in a pretty large collection. Seriously considering giving it the HEP treatment at some point.

I’ve already received pictures of the boards.
They all look good, battery relocation etc all in place.
The white panel for the back glass has a crack that’s glued but it’s no big deal - playfield and cabinet is the most important for me.
I’ve never played one but I’ve been in love for a long time and it’s time to pull the trigger.
With this next to the ToM and in the future a MM would be the holy trinity for me and my father.

Things got heated with many speculators and down payment is paid.
Picking it up next weekend as this weekend is packed.

#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

The white panel for the back glass has a crack that’s glued but it’s no big deal - playfield and cabinet is the most important for me.
I’ve never played one but I’ve been in love for a long time and it’s time to pull the trigger.
With this next to the ToM and in the future a MM would be the holy trinity for me and my father.

The most common areas of concern on the PF are the WOW inserts which can have decal wear, clear ghosting around them, etc. the roll-overs can all crack around the edges and you can get divots / wear from where the ball launches onto the PF and where it falls off the RM.

#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Congrats!

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

The white panel for the back glass has a crack that’s glued but it’s no big deal -

Yeah all of them will eventually break. Mine had a piece of plexiglass behind it with 3 bolts to double up and strengthen that area.

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The most common areas of concern on the PF are the WOW inserts which can have decal wear, clear ghosting around them, etc. the roll-overs can all crack around the edges and you can get divots / wear from where the ball launches onto the PF and where it falls off the RM.

Thank you for your answer.
I realize I did not get any pictures with the Rinngmaster down so I cannot see the WOW inserts. I can spot the left W on one picture and that looks good.
I can see the roll overs and they look good - at least in the pictures.

Me and the seller is in an agreement and I’ve paid just a minor down payment and I am ready to walk away if the machine does not check out. It is after all a huge sum of money.
Seller is a pinball enthusiast himself so I don’t doubt him.

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yeah all of them will eventually break. Mine had a piece of plexiglass behind it with 3 bolts to double up and strengthen that area.

Yeah it feels like a shitty type of plastic on my Junkyard.
Feels really brittle.

1 week later
#1933 1 year ago

After an 11 hours round trip me and my father joined the Cirqus.

The good:
Apparently it was a clear coated playfield in great condition (probably has a few touch ups under the clear but only one can I can see, looks great!). Not even the seller knew this
New side art.
Good overall condition.

The bad:
Translate got cigarette burns (sigh…).
A little bit dirty inside.
A few broken plastics.
Extra hole in bottom of the cabinet for the subwoofer from Flipper Fidelity.

The sound improvement from the Flipper Fidelity speakers is welcome.
But come on… Don’t make another hole in the cabinet…

It will get the Pin2DMD from my Junk Yard today.
And a good cleaning.
New rubbers is also needed.
49A4516C-EE64-4B0D-B64D-541225393A2E (resized).jpeg49A4516C-EE64-4B0D-B64D-541225393A2E (resized).jpeg
ACBD5DD7-B2DC-44E2-BB65-C09CE1E739F7 (resized).jpegACBD5DD7-B2DC-44E2-BB65-C09CE1E739F7 (resized).jpeg

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

The good:
Apparently it was a clear coated playfield in great condition (probably has a few touch ups under the clear but only one can I can see, looks great!). Not even the seller knew this
New side art.
Good overall condition.
The bad:
A few broken plastics.
And a good cleaning.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks nice!
Congrats!!

Richard

#1935 1 year ago

Congrats. Nice machine!

#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

The good:
New side art.
Good overall condition.
The bad:
A few broken plastics.
And a good cleaning.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The ringmaster assembly often hits the sub speaker when sliding out the playfield (depending on what sub is in there) so some after market kits recommend moving the sub speaker to the left a bit so the playfield slides out easier. Some cut a hole some don’t. I personally wouldn’t cut a new hole as the sound would not be affect much at all, if at all.

I don’t have my sub screwed down (took the nuts off) so I just lift up the speaker and move it to the left every time I lift the playfield. Works as well.

Either way sounds like you have a great sub!

Richard

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

The good:
New side art.
Good overall condition.
The bad:
A few broken plastics.
And a good cleaning.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Pps should have the translite in stock if you want a new one. It was announced sometime earlier this year on this thread

#1938 1 year ago

Congrats. Pps has the translite in stock if you want a new one. It was announced sometime earlier this year on this thread
8FE2E380-D93D-4313-9263-7B122987000A (resized).jpeg8FE2E380-D93D-4313-9263-7B122987000A (resized).jpeg

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:Congrats. Pps has the translite in stock if you want a new one. It was announced sometime earlier this year on this thread

[quoted image]

Did they make the tub too? That would have been a pair selling no brainer

#1940 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Did they make the tub too? That would have been a pair selling no brainer

No tub yet. Would be great if this would become available.

#1941 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Hello.

My CV was a legitimate home use only when I purchased it. Very low plays. Despite that, in fact, maybe because of that, I had to replace almost all of the microswitch rollovers. Seems like they just kind of go bad if they don’t get used. I picked up my cactus Canyon at the same time, and had the exact same issue.

#1942 1 year ago

The ringmaster assembly often hits the sub speaker when sliding out the playfield (depending on what sub is in there) so some after market kits recommend moving the sub speaker to the left a bit so the playfield slides out easier. Some cut a hole some don’t. I personally wouldn’t cut a new hole as the sound would not be affect much at all, if at all.
I don’t have my sub screwed down (took the nuts off) so I just lift up the speaker and move it to the left every time I lift the playfield. Works as well.
Either way sounds like you have a great sub!
Richard

Yeah I’ve read this. A little bummed they decided to make another hole for the sub but it is what it is.
The underside of the cabinet is not what I’m playing, it’s obviously the playfield.

Quoted from PinballGalore:

Congrats. Pps has the translite in stock if you want a new one. It was announced sometime earlier this year on this thread

[quoted image]

That was a little steep but it’s a good alternative.
I’m going to try my hands on sanding down the bad parts and polish it all up. Maybe make it 90% good and if so I’m happy.

Quoted from petebest:

My CV was a legitimate home use only when I purchased it. Very low plays. Despite that, in fact, maybe because of that, I had to replace almost all of the microswitch rollovers. Seems like they just kind of go bad if they don’t get used. I picked up my cactus Canyon at the same time, and had the exact same issue.

I dig into this game yesterday and oh boy there’s a lot of electrical faults.
It’s mechanical shape or great but the electricals is bad. Broken solder points all around.
But it’s an easy fix.
Had to resolder the pins on the circuit board for the “WOW” lights and that board was a pain to remove and even more to install!
But Ive come to realize that this game has indeed been routed. It’s got all new side art and is pretty dirty here and there.
It’s definitely not bad, it’s still good. And the most important part, the playfield, is both in excellent condition and been clear coated.

And it’s one hell of a mix-match between LED and incandescent bulbs…
51BCE8C3-B55D-4348-82AD-F02FD65282F7 (resized).jpeg51BCE8C3-B55D-4348-82AD-F02FD65282F7 (resized).jpeg
BDAFCB70-91FD-40CE-AC75-EC0B65E18C29 (resized).jpegBDAFCB70-91FD-40CE-AC75-EC0B65E18C29 (resized).jpeg

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

That green ball shooter rod really fits in well with the color scheme of CV.
Gord

I used a Mind Orbits Shooter Rod. I took it apart and installed a Lighthouse Slow Changing LED in it. It will change to almost any color.

#1946 1 year ago

Any owners use pinstadiums on this and if so where are you hooking up flasher?

#1947 1 year ago

Joined the circus on the second day…
Fastest I’ve ever beat a game and it was the game I’ve been dreaming of.
Hopefully I can find more joy and time in cleaning up the game
15EEB380-E4EA-447D-9FAE-24AD7BBA0080 (resized).jpeg15EEB380-E4EA-447D-9FAE-24AD7BBA0080 (resized).jpeg

#1948 1 year ago

Do all games start with the Boom Bumper in the down position? I assume so.

It seems though the Boom bumper doesn’t always go down when it is supposed to.

Any tips?

Thanks?
Richard

6002CDD0-8F6B-422A-94C5-AAB39374FF5A (resized).jpeg6002CDD0-8F6B-422A-94C5-AAB39374FF5A (resized).jpeg
#1949 1 year ago

Do all games start with the Boom Bumper in the down position? I assume so.
It seems though the Boom bumper doesn’t always go down when it is supposed to.
Any tips?
Thanks?
Richard
[quoted image]

It relies on gravity to drop so most likely it's just kinda gummed up and needs some TLC.

#1950 1 year ago

Working on this game.
Got the color files for the Pin2DMD installed. This game really does look great with it.
Got more LEDs installed under inserts - soon all are done.
But boy, this game is awfully designed underneath.
Never ever had a game with this make bulb sockets completely hidden behind subways and mechanics (ringmaster…).
It’s a bit of a PITA to work on..

Also I have issues with balls getting stuck in the subways… but I cannot find any obvious issues.
Seems like they get stuck on the bulb sockets for the five purple inserts below the ringmaster.
Also got it stuck in the far back (right loop).

1C9E3DDA-1367-4A12-942C-85726E56AC79 (resized).jpeg1C9E3DDA-1367-4A12-942C-85726E56AC79 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/39?hl=vipertim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.