cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.
#101 9 years ago

I miss my CV, I need to find another. Let's do some trading people!

2 months later
#102 9 years ago

My CV with mirror blades...

SAM_0421.JPGSAM_0421.JPG SAM_0424.JPGSAM_0424.JPG
#103 9 years ago

I've had mine for about 12 years, a re-import from Germany that my wife bought me for Christmas (they're both keepers!). I have resisted putting LEDs in it because I really like the incandescent look more on most machines but I have to say that all of the mods and pictures here are making me reconsider it. I have no intention of ever selling it because it's my favorite and the prices they go for now are a little crazy, so no need to worry that someone else may not like my mods. I especially like that mirrored finish ball cradle under the Ringmaster, will be ordering one ASAP!

#104 9 years ago

CV is the only game I installed LEDs in and I think it looks great. After seeing the pictures with mirror blades in it, I will be placing a order for a set. Very nice look.

#105 9 years ago

You can never have enough colour on CV-

100_0916.jpg100_0916.jpg
#106 9 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

You can never have enough colour on CV-

100_0916.jpg 132 KB

Did you get that neon from me, or from BAA? (I've been meaning to follow up on all the folks that purchased neons from me..)

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Did you get that neon from me, or from BAA? (I've been meaning to follow up on all the folks that purchased neons from me..)

Custom made locally in Australia.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Custom made locally in Australia.

Cool. Glad to see some other ones out there!

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

The kit includes:
- Monstrous metal part that attaches to the DMD-holder and is supposed to guide the mini-pf when pulling out the PF.
- A post and washer that goes on the left side of the RM behind the yellow target.
- A little white plastic thing that goes on to the post that holds the middle part of the high wire ramp, it makes it steeper so the balls don't get stuck in the lock.
- Large metal bracket that guards the right spinner switch and the switch unter the neon ramp
Some other stuff i forgot.
The only ones you need are the highwire plastic ring, the post for the RM and the switch guard.

The kit was P/N A-22270 and in addition to the items you mention it covers lubricating the Ringmaster CAM with Teflon grease (or Magna-Lube) to prevent the switch from bending. I actually have the kit (bought NOS years ago) and printed instructions. One thing you have to do to install the bracket to protect the DMD cover from the mini play field is trim off the corner of the cover, something I couldn't bring myself to do so I just left it as is and didn't install the bracket. I also didn't install the post on the left of the RM, can't stand the thought of putting a hole in the playfield and I don't know that I've ever seen a CV with that post installed.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

something I couldn't bring myself to do so I just left it as is and didn't install the bracket. I also didn't install the post on the left of the RM, can't stand the thought of putting a hole in the playfield and I don't know that I've ever seen a CV with that post installed.

Both my sample CVs never had the kits installed. When the game is leveled properly, the highwire lock worked, and while balls may go through that little area next to the RM, I never had any balls get stuck there (since both my games had the thin RM installed..)

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Both my sample CVs never had the kits installed. When the game is leveled properly, the highwire lock worked, and while balls may go through that little area next to the RM, I never had any balls get stuck there (since both my games had the thin RM installed..)

Even with the regular RM installed there have been very few times the ball sticks there and as soon as it goes to ball search and the RM raises it comes right out. The balls coming off the ramp work just fine if you install switches with the rollers on them which is a must IMO.

2 months later
#112 9 years ago

Just finished the restoration, so shiny i like it ^^ <3

DSC_4959 (Large).JPGDSC_4959 (Large).JPG DSC_5203 (Large).JPGDSC_5203 (Large).JPG DSC_5199 (Large).JPGDSC_5199 (Large).JPG DSC_5177 (Large).JPGDSC_5177 (Large).JPG DSC_5166 (Large).JPGDSC_5166 (Large).JPG DSC_5188 (Large).JPGDSC_5188 (Large).JPG
1 week later
#113 9 years ago

WOW.... I hope I get my CV near the quality of yours....... Namsan
Is that crome "T" molding or bullnose edging on your backbox?

#114 9 years ago

I have one too for about 14 years now..

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Just finished the restoration, so shiny i like it ^^ <3
» YouTube video

I saw your KOF2002 poster on the wall. I absolutely love The King of Fighters, in fact KOF98 might be my favorite video game of all time. You have style... and yes CV is the greatest pinball on earth. Your's is Amazing

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from aejsm:

Is that crome "T" molding or bullnose edging on your backbox?

Hi, no it's a chrome adhesive mirror for cars : )

Strange> i agree KOF98 is the best from the saga !

4 weeks later
#117 8 years ago

I bought Chad's a couple of months ago. Anyone have any suggestions on a specific problem? I'd say 50% of the time a shot up the right acrobats ramp ends up flying off the bottom left wireform right before the holedrop, and rolling on top of the left slingshot and flipper to the drain/trough. I used a leveler and it is level right to left. I tried adjusting down the machine back height but that didn't help. Is that a normal issue, or any quick fixes?

#118 8 years ago

Work on slightly adjusting the back metal guide where the ball first goes up the wireform. Try different directions. On both of the games I used to own I had to seriously adjust these before it was perfect. (And even then, during 'perfect', one or two in 20 would fly off..)

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I bought Chad's a couple of months ago. Anyone have any suggestions on a specific problem? I'd say 50% of the time a shot up the right acrobats ramp ends up flying off the bottom left wireform right before the holedrop, and rolling on top of the left slingshot and flipper to the drain/trough. I used a leveler and it is level right to left. I tried adjusting down the machine back height but that didn't help. Is that a normal issue, or any quick fixes?

I've had my CV for 10+ years and fought with the acrobat shot many, many times. When I recently shopped it I decided to keep working on it until I had it working 100% of the time. It took a lot of slight bending of both the wireform and the placement / angle of the plastic at the top that is there to keep it from flying off at the first bend. The end result is such that if the ball is going fast enough to go airborne at the top, or to eventually fly off at the bend down toward the sling, it hits the plastic just enough to slow it down. I had to bend the support for the plastic much farther down than it had been when I got it and to create a more banked bend to the wireform. I spent a lot of time tweaking it so that it will not prevent a marginal shot from making it all the way but still slows down rocket-shots with a freshly waxed PF, rebuilt flippers, etc. That shot is hard enough for me to consistently hit, really pisses me off when the ball won't stay on the wireform! My advice is to make very small adjustments one at a time and to take your time with trial and error. Good luck!

#120 8 years ago

Thanks chaps! I did bend the wireform slightly and then tested by throwing the ball up the ramp as fast as I could. Seems to be holding now.

#121 8 years ago

I feel lucky that I've never had even a single ball fly off the wireform for the Acrobat shot. I didn't even know it was an issue on CV.

2 weeks later
#122 8 years ago

After 9 months I finally made the cut

image.jpgimage.jpg
#123 8 years ago

I have sample number 154. Talked with j pop a few months back and he told me to look under the lock bar, and find the sticker that says how many balls to install. There is a little scribble on it. That's his signature that he inspected it. He said all the protos and samples were inspected by him. I know there is a lot of j pop bashing going on right now
But I thought it was a cool fact. Cv is my favorite pop game.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I have sample number 154. Talked with j pop a few months back and he told me to look under the lock bar, and find the sticker that says how many balls to install. There is a little scribble on it. That's his signature that he inspected it. He said all the protos and samples were inspected by him. I know there is a lot of j pop bashing going on right now
But I thought it was a cool fact. Cv is my favorite pop game.
image.jpg

Interesting. Both of my samples had that - didn't know what it was. Neat info.

#125 8 years ago

Stripped all the armor and the door off my new CV and they are headed to get powder today. Candy Purple.

This machine had the toughest, well-stuck tape of any machine I have ever stripped the rails from. That stuff hadn't deteriorated an ounce since new. This game has been in private collection since 2000, so I guess it didn't get much exposure. Man, what a chore. Had to use break out the flame polishing torch.

1 month later
#126 8 years ago

Does anybody have a set of scrolls collecting dust that they would like to sell?

2 weeks later
#127 8 years ago

Am on a mission to find a really nice one of these here in Australia. I'm getting closer.
Stay tuned.

#128 8 years ago

He he i think i know where you can get a real nice one Scott "jokerpoker" got a real nice LOTR LE too mate

1 week later
#129 8 years ago

Just found my CV and joined the club, dirty , dirty this one is!

I replaced the neon transformer, the neon still does not work, so I have a new neon and a few other parts on their way.

Super excited to have this fine game!!!

Question, when I launch the ball, is the ball supposed to hit the post and stall or is the ball supposed to orbit the RM and go to the flippers?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#130 8 years ago

You're supposed to hit the target labeled "Skill Shot"...

The auto-pluge sends the ball round the ringmaster quite often on my game.

#131 8 years ago

Dupe post

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

You're supposed to hit the target labeled "Skill Shot"...
The auto-pluge sends the ball round the ringmaster quite often on my game.

I think I'll replace my shooter spring, but maybe an adjustment is needed? Because I believe my auto plunger hits the post and stalls. When I manually plunge full force, I almost hit the skill shot, just right above it

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think I'll replace my shooter spring, but maybe an adjustment is needed? Because I believe my auto plunger hits the post and stalls. When I manually plunge full force, I almost hit the skill shot, just right above it

As far as I can remember from my restore CV uses the green shooter springs. Mine is just about the same as yours: Full force plunge hits right above the skillshot target...if you da a "sloppy" full force plunge it usually hits the skillshot.

#134 8 years ago

I confirmed with the manual, green shooter spring is correct

#135 8 years ago

Anyone know the correct rivets to use for the neon ramp enclosure?

Or is there an alternate method if I'd like to change it again in the future?

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Anyone know the correct rivets to use for the neon ramp enclosure?
Or is there an alternate method if I'd like to change it again in the future?

Because I have a green spare neon lying around and a blue on in the machine i want to change them some day - so i just used zipties through the holes. If you use them so that the bulky part is on the lower side of the ramp you hardly notice them. Wanted to rivet the ramps when the green one is in there, but I'll probably use zip ties again.

CV1_3-1.jpgCV1_3-1.jpg

#137 8 years ago

Spent all morning and half the day dialing in my new CV.

Replaced a micro switch, adjusted the left ramp, adjusted the top two Volt switches, took out the silver jet pinballs that were getting too magnetized and replaced them with pinball life ones (you'd be amazed the problems these cause), replaced the boom balloon decal and cleaned the plastic, tightened up lose screws under the playfield and last but not least I installed the ringmaster protector. I was suprised how smooth the ringmaster protector install was considering you have to take the entire ringmaster mechanism out of the machine.

Tomorrow I am going to play around with some different LEDs, install a new DMD plastic and put in a Green DMD. Also going to put in upgraded speakers, the bell mod and a pinsound board and get some real carnival music going during gameplay.

1 week later
#138 8 years ago

Well here she is. Finally talked a good mate of mine into parting with his CV. A really nice example restored a couple of years ago but still one of the best I've seen here in Aus.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

#139 8 years ago

That is one nice CV mate .

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

That is one nice CV mate .

Thanks again Kurt for a really great machine.
Is it just me or can you just stare at this machine for ages. Pinball eye candy

1 week later
#141 8 years ago

I'm gathering parts to give mine a full shop out, I want to LED mine like Namsan's, anyone know what he used, especially the greens behind the ring master, and the blue in the slings???

#142 8 years ago

I also want to order clear rubber, anyone have a list of the rings needed?

Thank you!

#143 8 years ago

First thing, do not go by either of the lists saved on Titan's site, they are incorrect. These are my numbers after recently tearing my CV down to replace ALL rings.
4 post sleeves
7 mini posts(3/8 or 7/16 O.D.) I went with 7/16th
9-5/16th
1-3/4"
2-1"
1-1 1/4 "
3-1 1/2"
2-2"
1-2 1/4"
2-2 1/2"
2-3"
1-3 1/2"
2 flippers
1 shooter tip

I went with purple, although after installing and looking at it, I wish it were a darker purple.

20150816_180602.jpg20150816_180602.jpg

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

First thing, do not go by either of the lists saved on Titan's site, they are incorrect. These are my numbers after recently tearing my CV down to replace ALL rings.
4 post sleeves
9-5/16th
1-3/4"
2-1"
1-1 1/4 "
3-1 1/2"
2-2"
1-2 1/4"
2-2 1/2"
2-3"
1-3 1/2"
2 flippers
1 shooter tip
I went with purple, although after installing and looking at it, I wish it were a darker purple.

20150816_180602.jpg

Thank you so much! I noticed that Titans site took them off, I had read they were misleading

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

4 post sleeves
9-5/16th
1-3/4"
2-1"
1-1 1/4 "
3-1 1/2"
2-2"
1-2 1/4"
2-2 1/2"
2-3"
1-3 1/2"
2 flippers
1 shooter tip

20150816_180602.jpg

Thanks for the list as I was going to do a Titan order also. CV And IMVE.
I have some translucents on the slings already and was probably going to stick with that.

#146 8 years ago

Anyone have an insert led list, I want to change everything over but havnt had a chance to go counting yet

#147 8 years ago

I bought kits in the past, but have gone to using the manual in conjunction with the playfield view and ordering my own (kit)...little time consuming, but usually cheaper. Unfortunately I don't keep a list of these. Good opportunity to order a few spares too. CV looks amazing LED'd. I wen with some color changers under the slings and purple/blue in the back GI too.

#148 8 years ago

Hi,

Does anybody know more about the history of the design of the backbox refer to page 2-35 & 2-47 of the manual

image012.jpgimage012.jpg

Or http://pin-logic.com/cv%20bell.htm

Marcel

#149 8 years ago

Yeah, it was a lot more interactive than it ended up being.

All I remember is that some balls were held up at the top, just below the bell. During certain modes, a set # of balls were to be released (like, say, 4) and before all of the available balls were shot back up, you had to complete some mode or shots on the playfield. There was no scoring switch ('Luck'), just a switch to tell the game if a ball was at top, waiting to be released. (Visible in the second image.)

Then it was changed for cost purposes, the solenoid for the bell was removed, and the balls were just supposed to hit the bell. The balls were also changed - they were made larger, I believe? - and then final cost-cutting got rid of the bell, turning it into a sound-effect.

(I modified my v2.0H ROM to remove the sound effect, since my sample still had the actual bell in it.)

#150 8 years ago

Well I've just finished a playfield swap, changed my leds and added some mirror blades. Just need to adjust a few things here and there and I'm done. Pretty scary drilling all those holes but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and no major disasters. Here's some pics:

20150909_144042.jpg20150909_144042.jpg
20150913_141842.jpg20150913_141842.jpg
20150913_215326.jpg20150913_215326.jpg
20150913_215803.jpg20150913_215803.jpg
20150913_215804.jpg20150913_215804.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.