20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231223_114934 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20231218_101708 (resized).jpg
There are 2,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

There’s no reason not to put it back exactly as it was...
Also, the whole kit it heavy!

Guess where I was going with that is so I need to be concerned about the orientation of the shaft on the new motor/gearbox assembly as it is probably different than what the existing motor/gearbox is. Maybe I am making things to complicated??

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Guess where I was going with that is so I need to be concerned about the orientation of the shaft on the new motor/gearbox assembly as it is probably different than what the existing motor/gearbox is. Maybe I am making things to complicated??

Yes you are. Keep it simple.

#1303 3 years ago

Gut check. Thank you. Will do

#1304 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Want to give credit where credit is due. It was drummermike that suggested the changeover of the weldment after he had tried bending etc with no success. Thank you again drummermike !

Glad to see you got a new assembly and it solved the problem.

#1305 3 years ago

Neat. Can you please elaborate? Sometimes my VUK takes several tried to VUK the ball.

In your picture, which is the old unit, the one on the right?

Can you take a side picture to show the difference?

Thank you,
-Jason

Quoted from GPS:

Hello Fellas
Well thanks to another pinsider (can’t frickin recall who, sorry) I think the issue with the VUK has been resolved. I have attached a photo here in the hopes that if someone else was experiencing the same issues I was (ball not consistently coming all the way out of the VUK), that this may help. The weldment that has the coil and optos on it is my original that was not working. The new weldment (Marco) seems to have a different angle to the plate that holds the ball for the VUK to work. I switched over the optos, replaced the coil and sleeve and now the ball consistently is shot out of the VUK as opposed to needing a few tries to get it out. Hopeful that another little gremlin has been rectified. Every ball that has gone into the VUK since the changeover is shot out clean!

#1306 3 years ago

Hello Jason

The old unit was the one with the optos and coil still attached. The new was the weldment alone. The difference that I noticed was that the plate that the ball sits on inside the weldment In prep to be ejected had a bigger angle to it and I suspect that the ball was not resting in the center where the hole was to hold it but rather up against the “wall” of the weldment. So the ball most likely was off center in prep to be ejected and that is why it took several tries to get it back to the play field. Having the new weldment made this very clear when you compared the two. Now the easy answer was to simply bend the square plate with the hole in it that holds the ball down a bit but I was advised by another drummermike that he tried making adjustments to this plate without any success and just recommended buying a new weldment as that is what brought him success. I followed his lead and now it works as designed. The only issue that arises is when multiple balls are in that chute at one time. Not much one can do about this. They do come out but it may take a time or two. With one ball it is shot out consistently now with one plunge of the coil. Make sense?

Sorry. Mech is back in the machine. The only picture that I had I posted.

#1307 3 years ago

Fellas

Just wondering if anyone else out there occasionally has an issue with the “voltage” rollovers just upstream of the flippers. Nothing electrical or logic wise, however, unless the ball has a certain velocity the rollovers sometimes can actually stop the ball from proceeding to the flippers. At this point th glass has to come off to give the ball a nudge.

Any known fix for this?

Thank you

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Fellas
Just wondering if anyone else out there occasionally has an issue with the “voltage” rollovers just upstream of the flippers. Nothing electrical or logic wise, however, unless the ball has a certain velocity the rollovers sometimes can actually stop the ball from proceeding to the flippers. At this point th glass has to come off to give the ball a nudge.
Any known fix for this?
Thank you

Never had a problem with it. Maybe some wax or other residue is causing the red rollover to not move down as easily. You can remove the switch assembly from the underside of the PF, clean the red switch and make sure the hole in the playfield is clean and otherwise not impeding the switch.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Fellas
Any known fix for this?
Thank you

Increase the pitch of the game / playfield by raising the back leg levelers.

#1310 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Fellas
Any known fix for this?
Thank you

never had this problem

#1311 3 years ago

I’ll need to look at the switch as the game is already at a higher angle as I have rollers under the back legs to make servicing it easier. Have to pull the game out and twist a bit to remove glass hence the rollers. Thanks guys

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

I’ll need to look at the switch as the game is already at a higher angle as I have rollers under the back legs to make servicing it easier. Have to pull the game out and twist a bit to remove glass hence the rollers. Thanks guys

Wow, I've never seen anything like that happen at all, not even close. Maybe post a picture of what your rollovers look like in normal state and with a ball stuck on one?

#1313 3 years ago

Update on my rollover switches just upstream of the flippers. Checked under the play field and all was clean and neat however, the switches were adjusted sort of stiff on my opinion. So I eased the tension if you will on the switch blades and gave it a test. Starting the ball at just above the rollover with no momentum they now cruise right over without getting stuck. Another little hiccup dealt with I believe.

1 week later
#1314 3 years ago

Hello Fellas

Question please...I
Am occasionally seeing the dmd say “ringmasters hide out” and the audio saying”what’s going on “. Just wondering how this is being triggered. I think I may have a switch that is out of adjustment. Am hopeful that the members may be able to weigh in and offer some insight.

Thank you as always

George

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello Fellas
Question please...I
Am occasionally seeing the dmd say “ringmasters hide out” and the audio saying”what’s going on “. Just wondering how this is being triggered. I think I may have a switch that is out of adjustment. Am hopeful that the members may be able to weigh in and offer some insight.
Thank you as always
George

That happens when the ball ends up inside of the Ringmaster when the game is not expecting it. Sometime accompanied by a ball search.

Rob

#1316 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello Fellas
Question please...I
Thank you as always
George

This will happen if switch 46, which is in the subway from the drop hole in the rear of the rear loop and leads down to the popper, is not working Because the game sees the ball end up in the popper but doesn't see that switch close it "thinks" it came from under the ringmaster. After enough games you should get a credit dot and service warning for this.

#1317 3 years ago

Hello all,

Ok. Thank you bob and Rosen! I will look at switch 46 and see if it is working on switch test mode. I have yet to have an error with that switch but will track that down. Kind of weird when it happens as sometimes out of nowhere the audio feed will be “what’s going on”. I will report back

Thank you fellas

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello all,
Ok. Thank you bob and Rosen! I will look at switch 46 and see if it is working on switch test mode. I have yet to have an error with that switch but will track that down. Kind of weird when it happens as sometimes out of nowhere the audio feed will be “what’s going on”. I will report back
Thank you fellas

I had the exact same behavior recently and it was one of those subway (for some reason they call them trough switches in the manual which I find to just be confusing), pretty sure it was 46 the wire had broken off of.

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I had the exact same behavior recently and it was one of those subway (for some reason they call them trough switches in the manual which I find to just be confusing), pretty sure it was 46 the wire had broken off of.

Thank you again for your kind help and direction. I will look today and try and get a handle on this particular switch. Seems like it is in a difficult place to try and work on.

So appreciate the help!!

#1320 3 years ago

Ok. Took a look at switch 46 and all appears to be in good working order. Tested fine in single switch test mode and no issues with disconnected wiring. Really do like how many of the connections on this game use moles connectors. Makes servicing a whole lot easier. Any further ideas? Not a big deal really more of an occasional nuisance than anything else

#1321 3 years ago

What are your thoughts on installing this Elvira shooter rod on CV? Would it even fit? I really like it but don't have Elvira.

Elvira.Shooter (resized).jpgElvira.Shooter (resized).jpg
#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Anyone have a lead on the scrolls ?
Cv back in the collection after selling one last year . It’s pretty nice but missing the scrolls .

I bought mine from planetarypinball.com just a few months ago but I just checked and they are out of stock. I would set up an email alert on eBay.

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I bought mine from planetarypinball.com just a few months ago but I just checked and they are out of stock. I would set up an email alert on eBay.

I found some . Thanks ! ColorDMD is next .
BC0095DB-4AF4-408B-A87B-A66EFF54BB6F (resized).jpegBC0095DB-4AF4-408B-A87B-A66EFF54BB6F (resized).jpeg

#1324 3 years ago

Good choice in the color display. Feel it adds so much to this game in Peru Jake as it is so colorful. The color display just makes the already stunning play field that much more so

#1325 3 years ago

I actually really like the orange display on this game and would never change it out for a color one.

3 weeks later
#1326 3 years ago

Public service announcement: if your slings go dead or sloppy, go here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-slingshot-mystery#post-5973316

That thread got me back up & running.

-Jason

#1327 3 years ago

I have a few neon tubes available if anyone wants to change things up a bit . Listed in the market .

17A536C7-BFA6-4CCE-AFB1-3087157F5F4B (resized).jpeg17A536C7-BFA6-4CCE-AFB1-3087157F5F4B (resized).jpeg
#1328 3 years ago

I'm listing various NOS and used CV parts on my site, check it out:

https://pinballbasement.com/products/a-22029-circus-voltaire-back-box-scrolls

#1329 3 years ago

Hello All
FYI. Marco now has the scroll sets in stock. $199

Get them while you can!!

#1330 3 years ago

Pinbits Auto Eddy Board question:

Mine works fine, until it doesn't.
It randomly will stop working, either a short while into a game, or it might be fine for weeks & then stop registering hits. (has no correlation with speed of ball)

To "revive" it, I just go into test mode, then back, which seems to cut & restore the board's 12V power to reset it.

I was going to order another one to swap in, to see if the problem persists or goes away (which should tell me the culprit).
However, the Pinbits page for this product has no "ADD TO CART" button!
https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_4&products_id=202

I haven't been able to get in touch with them: phone (no answer, VM full), contact form on website, Pam's e-mail from previous exchanges.

Any suggestions on getting one in hand, or another option to pursue?

Thank you,
-Jason

#1331 3 years ago

Added a little bling to CV today. Found a local chrome plating shop does beautiful work for a great price. Looks like 2021 is going to be expensive! I can see this snowballing and I'll need sunglasses to play my pins soon.

50679463063_bcb6d63798_o (resized).jpg50679463063_bcb6d63798_o (resized).jpg50680297382_7707c5670a_4k (resized).jpg50680297382_7707c5670a_4k (resized).jpg50680297502_e723929fe4_o (resized).jpg50680297502_e723929fe4_o (resized).jpg
#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Hello All
FYI. Marco now has the scroll sets in stock. $199
Get them while you can!!

They are already sold out!

1 week later
#1333 3 years ago

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a backbox white tub insert for a CV. If anyone could point me in the right direction, or has one for sale would be appreciated.

#1334 3 years ago

Pulled my Ringmaster for some cleaning added a led strip in his head that lights up nice and got one of those stickers for the bottom of the Ringmaster says jackpot. Cleaned up my subways as well I wanted to mount some leds in the ringmaster area to light it up but ran out of ideas. Anyone do that? If so what's the best way to do it.

50745649367_a54fd40050_o (resized).jpg50745649367_a54fd40050_o (resized).jpg50745649437_e12304be11_o (resized).jpg50745649437_e12304be11_o (resized).jpg50745649497_833ec3680a_o (resized).jpg50745649497_833ec3680a_o (resized).jpg
#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Pulled my Ringmaster for some cleaning added a led strip in his head that lights up nice and got one of those stickers for the bottom of the Ringmaster says jackpot. Cleaned up my subways as well I wanted to mount some leds in the ringmaster area to light it up but ran out of ideas. Anyone do that? If so what's the best way to do it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does yours not have the flashers inside the Ringmaster or do you mean you want to light up the scoop underneath the Ringmaster?

#1336 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Does yours not have the flashers inside the Ringmaster or do you mean you want to light up the scoop underneath the Ringmaster?

Yes I have the flasher inside and did the 3led purple strip in his eyes but I wanted to light the area the ball drops into when the he's up.

2 weeks later
#1337 3 years ago

Does anyone have pictures or videos on how to pull the DMD for replacement? My awesome wife got me the color DMD for xmas but I don't know how to get the old DMD out.

#1338 3 years ago

You have to lift out the playfield, remove the plasticcover over the dmd and pull out the panel that the dmd is attached to

I having issues with the damn highwire ramp. The balls lock up perfect after i added rollover switches, but when the multiballs starts, just the first ball releases and the other two balls are kinda frozen or magnetized together. Any ideas ?

Btw. For my broken neon i used a LED mod from pedretti Mods. I doesnt use a transformator...and i like the purple look. There is a video on youtube.

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

You have to lift out the playfield, remove the plasticcover over the dmd and pull out the panel that the dmd is attached to
I having issues with the damn highwire ramp. The balls lock up perfect after i added rollover switches, but when the multiballs starts, just the first ball releases and the other two balls are kinda frozen or magnetized together. Any ideas ?
Btw. For my broken neon i used a LED mod from pedretti Mods. I doesnt use a transformator...and i like the purple look. There is a video on youtube.

Yes, removing the DMD is pretty easy and straight-forward if you pull the PF all the way out to the furthest service position.

Make sure the balls aren't magnetized and sticking together, that's the most common cause of that issue.

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone have pictures or videos on how to pull the DMD for replacement? My awesome wife got me the color DMD for xmas but I don't know how to get the old DMD out.

Just did mine today . Just pull the 4 screw and remove the plastic . The dmd will pull out with the wood trim .

2265B13D-9247-4822-A7CD-E67186CDC6A5 (resized).jpeg2265B13D-9247-4822-A7CD-E67186CDC6A5 (resized).jpeg
#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Just did mine today . Just pull the 4 screw and remove the plastic . The dmd will pull out with the wood trim . [quoted image]

That is super helpful but I couldn't figure out how to get that black wood frame out. I was feeling around the back of it and wondering if I had to basically get a socket wrench behind the wood frame. How do you pull that wood frame out?

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That is super helpful but I couldn't figure out how to get that black wood frame out. I was feeling around the back of it and wondering if I had to basically get a socket wrench behind the wood frame. How do you pull that wood frame out?

The plastic is held on by two screws on the top and two nuts toward the middle . As soon as you unscrew these pull the plastic off . The wood trim is just sitting on the threads . Just pull it forward . It might be hung up on the threads.

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

The plastic is held on by two screws on the top and two nuts toward the middle . As soon as you unscrew these pull the plastic off . The wood trim is just sitting on the threads . Just pull it forward . It might be hung up on the threads.

Pulling the plastic off is a no brainer...the wood frame felt attached with backward facing screws. You're saying I can just pull that wood frame forward?

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Pulling the plastic off is a no brainer...the wood frame felt attached with backward facing screws. You're saying I can just pull that wood frame forward?

Yes just pull the whole frame forward . At this point it’s just resting on the threads where you removed the nuts . The Dmd is attached to the back of the frame . When it slips past the threads you can unplug everything and remove the frame/Dmd from the machine . When you flip it over you can remove the nuts that hold the Dmd to the frame . I didn’t use the spacers from the original Dmd .

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Yes just pull the whole frame forward . At this point it’s just resting on the threads where you removed the nuts . The Dmd is attached to the back of the frame . When it slips past the threads you can unplug everything and remove the frame/Dmd from the machine . When you flip it over you can remove the nuts that hold the Dmd to the frame . I didn’t use the spacers

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Pinballbulbs led and light strips kit
[quoted image]

[quoted image]

such a beautiful game you have created!

My good friend bought one recently, and I played the crap out of it. I love this game. I hit the wizard mode after about 10 games, which was ultra cool! This game is a must have in any collection. Too bad they're so rare, really. such a unique PF design, and extremely cool art surrouding the theme. someday, maybe I will be blessed to own one of these, but just gotta keep waiting i suppose!

great music and sound make this game a total thrill. the physical wireform lock is absolutely brilliant, and i think unprecedented at the time. There's just so much to love about this game.

#1347 3 years ago

The Mod Couple welcomes home Cirqus Voltaire with our custom 3D Ringmaster shooter plate. This simple to install 3D mod is Highly detailed and each is hand painted to perfection. Join the circus and show the ringmaster your shooting skills! This game just needed a little more bling! lol In Stock Now.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This game just needed a little more bling!

Along with a Mind Orbits Shooter would look Awesome!

1 week later
#1349 3 years ago

Rules question regarding Spot Marvel for ya. This can be awarded as a Side Show award, but I'm seeing it being awarded during gameplay making me think there is a second method of award.

All the rule sheets I've read only mention the Side Show. I am running the home ROM so maybe it was added in there? I want to say it pops up perhaps after hitting a ballyhoo target but can't be certain.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Rules question regarding Spot Marvel for ya. This can be awarded as a Side Show award, but I'm seeing it being awarded during gameplay making me think there is a second method of award.
All the rule sheets I've read only mention the Side Show. I am running the home ROM so maybe it was added in there? I want to say it pops up perhaps after hitting a ballyhoo target but can't be certain.

Spot Marvel (the insert) is lit by the right inlane. It's a timed shot - shooting up the Highwire Ramp will spot a marvel. (Not a random marvel, there is a pattern.) Side Show never awards a 'Spot Marvel', but it does light it's own 'Sideshow' marvel.

Completing Ringmaster Razz will permanently light the 'Spot Marvel' for one shot up the highwire ramp. (No timer on it, unlike the inlane.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
There are 2,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/27?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.