cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 45.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from partyguy1516:

Going to instal my new ringmaster kit. How do I remove the top plate? Is my screw just mangled? If so will I have to drill it out?[quoted image]

Cut a line through it with a dremel and small cut off disc then use a flathead screwdriver to back it out?

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Still looking for part number 04-10253-1. That's the elusive guard-ball guide with blue bumper pad kit. Anyone have one to sell, or willing to fabricate one?

Get the 04-10253 and modify it. I did it in my CV. Just drill a new hole in the new part.

#953 4 years ago

If so will I have to drill it out?

Not necessarily, If you have a Dremel with a carbide blade you can cut a slot in the screw. Then use a standard slot screwdriver to remove it.

#954 4 years ago

Is a replacement available? Looks like a special screw. Additionally is there a guide to removing the ringmaster? Thanks!

FC438DA8-5576-4238-ACAB-12B6F12B638E.jpegFC438DA8-5576-4238-ACAB-12B6F12B638E.jpeg
#955 4 years ago

I think a small tip Phillips may take it out. You should get the CV manual. It has part numbers and instructions for all parts removal.
I put in a machine screw with a domed top. The ball spins around the screw. Mine had a flat top screw when I got the CV. The ball stayed in the middle of the RM head.

#956 4 years ago

Is a replacement available? Looks like a special screw. Additionally is there a guide to removing the ringmaster? Thanks![quoted image]

It’s not a special screw but it’s not something you can just walk into Home Depot and find. Fastenal should have them. It’s an: oval head #10 stainless steel screw

#957 4 years ago

Going to instal my new ringmaster kit. How do I remove the top plate? Is my screw just mangled? If so will I have to drill it out?[quoted image]

If you've got some gumption & the right tool, you can use a Dremel w/ a cutoff disk & carefully widen one of those Phillips slots to be big enough to accommodate a flathead screwdriver.
I've done it plenty of times, but never inside the sensitive environment of a pinball machine.
You'd have to do some seriouspants shielding/masking to contain all the debris.
[Whoops, saw others recommending the same.]

Other options:
Try a small Phillips driver--tap it in gently w/ a hammer, tapping as hard as you're comfortable. Use as much downforce as you can while you back out the screw.
Or you get can some success w/ a stripped-out Phillips head (not really stripped in this case, so technique may not apply) by tapping w/ a small flathead screwdriver w/ hammer to try to bite into one of the remaining slots on the +.

There are also screw back-out tools that can bite & back out a screw, plus a sort of barbed mesh you can stuff in a stripped screw & then cram your Phillips into it to try to get purchase. But those 2 techniques are more for stripped-out heads, where the cavity is too large to grip w/ your driver. Your screw has the opposite problem...

Please report back after giving it a go--this is golden information to share!

Thanks,
-Jason

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My Ring Master needs a very gentle shake right before he releases the ball to launch it! If you shake it too hard he will just dump it off down the play field every time. When you shake the game gently it will move the ball (Magnetized) around the screw that is in the center. That will get it to launch when he releases it.

Mine launches the ball fine, it just started to always send it back right. I think that is weird since the mechanism seems to be something fairly random.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Do you have any more info about this? Perhaps even a link?

Hi, they were designed and sold buy a guy on a German forum. You had to put your name down at the time and no more have been made yet.
He is working on a gi version too. I bought 4, wish I had bought 10 as they were about €35.

#960 4 years ago

Hello fellow pinsiders. I have a very nice cv Im considering letting go. Chrome apron and rails, color dmd , mirror blades, "sample"model with scrolls for head(not installed at this time. Excellent condition. Im thinking in the 7500 obo range. Located in south fl. Pm with any questions or thoughts.

#961 4 years ago

Well the most expensive game of operation I’ve ever played is over. Used my dremmel to cut a pretty deep slot and ended up having to use an impact gun to get the screw out. Waiting for the replacement from pinbits, but the difficult part is over. I ended up cutting even a little deeper than the photo shows.
E8B5D6B4-2EDB-4648-8F6B-1AC3F69ECFF4.jpegE8B5D6B4-2EDB-4648-8F6B-1AC3F69ECFF4.jpeg446B7262-BABD-4F15-BB6B-42F2FE4BA727.jpeg446B7262-BABD-4F15-BB6B-42F2FE4BA727.jpeg5240D685-75F6-4953-90BB-C1B5DDC50870.jpeg5240D685-75F6-4953-90BB-C1B5DDC50870.jpeg

#962 4 years ago

Well the most expensive game of operation I’ve ever played is over. Used my dremmel to cut a pretty deep slot and ended up having to use an impact gun to get the screw out. Waiting for the replacement from pinbits, but the difficult part is over. I ended up cutting even a little deeper than the photo shows.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I had to rebuild mine because someone cut the wires in the spring. The nice thing is that we can still source the parts.

#963 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Ringmaster has been scalped, good work!

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Anybody have a spare 04-10253-1? The bracket that holds the blue rubber block to the right of the ringmaster.
They seem to be unavailable anywhere.
My machine has the mirror image part, 04-10253. This is dorky, as ringmaster orbit shots that enter on the left bounce off it on their way out the right. Doy.
[quoted image]
I have a temporary "solution" in the meantime *blush*.
[quoted image]
Thanks,
-Jason

I have the same problem mine is missing and was replaced with a post rubber split and glued to the end of the ramp which made the ball go sideways!
I have been looking and the only way I can get one is to buy a monster bash right ramp and take it off, but then I thought hold it a minute a remake has just come out!
Can anyone check to see if these are available on the pic it is ‘H’ from Chicago Gaming co.
I’m in the uk so much harder to get anything☹️
A36705C7-01B4-422E-AEC2-4D333B36E7C9 (resized).pngA36705C7-01B4-422E-AEC2-4D333B36E7C9 (resized).png

9A07B4A6-ED3B-495B-BED3-4C3E9AC7A453 (resized).png9A07B4A6-ED3B-495B-BED3-4C3E9AC7A453 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#967 4 years ago

Fitted a ringmaster plastic protector today, just fits around the ringmaster and not the whole ringmaster plastic. About an inch wide, enough to stop the edge getting cracked.

Custom made in uk.

https://www.colspinballmods.com/

91CF84AF-11ED-48B3-B97F-41F5D8805DE2 (resized).jpeg91CF84AF-11ED-48B3-B97F-41F5D8805DE2 (resized).jpeg
#968 4 years ago

When shooting the ball, the ball is supposed to go around the ringmaster correct?

Mine shoots the ball where it bounces and stalls and rolls down to the flippers.

Is there a common fix?

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

When shooting the ball, the ball is supposed to go around the ringmaster correct?
Mine shoots the ball where it bounces and stalls and rolls down to the flippers.
Is there a common fix?

Are you talking about a shot from one of the flippers (which) or a ball plunge? Plunge / launch should be aiming for the skill shot target that is facing the end of the shooter lane. Soft plunges will hit below it or completely miss the end of the ramp and head towards the left flipper. Hard plunges will usually go into the gap for the Juggler kick-out and can end bouncing around and heading down the middle.

Solid flipper shots to either side of the SPIN loop should be smooth and hitting the right side of the loop will often lead to a SDTM though both sides can be a bit dangerous in that regards.

#970 4 years ago

I use ROM 1.4 so I am not able to use the Pinbits Top Eddy board. What should I do to update my current board? I'm registering about 60% of the hits currently

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I use ROM 1.4 so I am not able to use the Pinbits Top Eddy board. What should I do to update my current board? I'm registering about 60% of the hits currently

Is there a reason you don't want to use 2.0 home rom? Have you adjusted it using the pot on the board?

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is there a reason you don't want to use 2.0 home rom? Have you adjusted it using the pot on the board?

It’s on location
There’s no pot on that particular board

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are you talking about a shot from one of the flippers (which) or a ball plunge? Plunge / launch should be aiming for the skill shot target that is facing the end of the shooter lane. Soft plunges will hit below it or completely miss the end of the ramp and head towards the left flipper. Hard plunges will usually go into the gap for the Juggler kick-out and can end bouncing around and heading down the middle.
Solid flipper shots to either side of the SPIN loop should be smooth and hitting the right side of the loop will often lead to a SDTM though both sides can be a bit dangerous in that regards.

Thank you!
It’s the plunge, sounds like mine is doing the proper thing, what shooter spring is the right one? I think I used the one the manual suggests, but I’m thinking it may be too much spring

1 week later
#974 4 years ago

Has anyone installed GIOCD and LEDOCD on a CV? Id like to install LEDs in mine but was getting some noticeable pulsing with both non -ghosting and regular comet LEDs. Not flickering completely off and on, but still annoying. It was happening in both the GI and controlled lamps.

#975 4 years ago

Any suggestions for replacing the bulbs in the light boards under the ringmaster? Do I really have to take the whole ringmaster assembly and subway out?

#976 4 years ago

Unfortunately, the ringmaster has to come off. I do not see any way around it.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Do I really have to take the whole ringmaster assembly and subway out?

Yep it sucks. Also you might want to take a close look at those light boards. They tend to have loose solder joints that crop up once you pull on the plugs.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Any suggestions for replacing the bulbs in the light boards under the ringmaster? Do I really have to take the whole ringmaster assembly and subway out?

I had the same problem. Just ended up changing the board. But I was able to squeeze it in just removing the subways.

#979 4 years ago

I constructed a stick out of wood with a slot on the end the size of the lamp socket in the hopes I wouldn’t have to remove the ringmaster. Unfortunately it never seemed to work. Sometimes sockets turn real easy and sometimes they don’t. I have two bright orange WOW LEDs and one significantly less bright one, it’s kind of irritating, but I figure at some point I’ll have another reason to remove the ringmaster and I can improve the WOW lights as well.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Has anyone installed GIOCD and LEDOCD on a CV? Id like to install LEDs in mine but was getting some noticeable pulsing with both non -ghosting and regular comet LEDs. Not flickering completely off and on, but still annoying. It was happening in both the GI and controlled lamps.

I have a version of ocd (Afterglow) which is great, looks much better and when you hit the ringmaster the lights operate correctly- it will only light the current lamp then the previous light up with it, before it lit all previous lamps as well. Sure this is right unless I was drinking too much!

#981 4 years ago

Speaking of the ringmaster I have a blueprint of him on ebay right now if you are interested.
ebay.com link: pinballvault

#982 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell one ?
I would be interested

#983 4 years ago

Anyone have any custom scorecards you could share for this game? Thanks!

#984 4 years ago

I had Mr_Tantrum print me a set of these. He prints them on nice photo paper and laminates them they are really nice and glossy. If you don't want to do it yourself like me.

58bb5095365d7d438cec40546761dd184b026709 (resized).jpg58bb5095365d7d438cec40546761dd184b026709 (resized).jpg9ce97190fb22c17a618ecb05dcd86cf4f97dd08a (resized).jpg9ce97190fb22c17a618ecb05dcd86cf4f97dd08a (resized).jpg
#985 4 years ago

I pulled the ringmaster to replace the bulbs and now am getting a switch 16 "top eddy" error. I didn't touch the eddy board and have looked all over and am pretty sure I plugged everything back in and no wires are shorted. Everything else works fine. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

I pulled the ringmaster to replace the bulbs and now am getting a switch 16 "top eddy" error. I didn't touch the eddy board and have looked all over and am pretty sure I plugged everything back in and no wires are shorted. Everything else works fine. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

If you put the game in switch test and roll a ball over it does it register?

#987 4 years ago

Well not sure what happened but it started working again. Hmm...

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you put the game in switch test and roll a ball over it does it register?

It did and nothing weird with the rest of the switches in the same row/column. Will have to keep an eye on it I guess.

1 month later
#989 4 years ago

I am joining the club this weekend! This will be my first non-NIB pin and I am very excited.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Joined!! My grail!! Missed out on one a few years ago because I need to think about the price overnight, was sold while I was thinking!!
Not this time!! Super Happy!!
I do have a few questions though and probably many more to come but this is a Mirco Pf'd, new, 70 odd plays...I have put mylar down where the balls fall from the wire ramp for m/ball. Do I need it anywhere else do you think? Scoop eject from ringmaster?
Cliffys for the Ringmaster and shooter lane...where can I find these? Cliffy doesn't show the ringmaster?
Rule sheet...is IPDB the best one out there?
Anything else you guys think I need to know, adjust, buy or recommend!!
Otherwise...glad to be in the club!!
[quoted image]

I like this apron cover. Any idea who made it? I think it is perfect for a HUO game.

#991 4 years ago

After some more searching I fount the apron online at pinballdecals. Dang, they want almost $500 for it!

#992 4 years ago

Wow! I think the factory one is nice.

#993 4 years ago

Fitted the ringmaster protector, went straight on without any need for any adjustment or shims.

5A04DF08-C545-46A4-A01B-38FEF3B77E21 (resized).jpeg5A04DF08-C545-46A4-A01B-38FEF3B77E21 (resized).jpegEC1F5583-D27B-41F2-B750-1DA25E25DA84 (resized).jpegEC1F5583-D27B-41F2-B750-1DA25E25DA84 (resized).jpeg
#994 4 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Fitted the ringmaster protector, went straight on without any need for any adjustment or shims.[quoted image][quoted image]

where did u get it please

#995 4 years ago

Hey guys - just making a repro part announcement. I began making repro MRS' (as found in CV) earlier this year - but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and didn't want to get overwhelmed with orders). I wanted to branch out a little more to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in NGG, NBAFB, SWEP1, SC and CC ...the went unobtanium almost a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SW:Trilogy) and a repro M&M Creations MRS. I'm going to start making some more again (a good winter thing to do) and wanted to get a list going...just PM if interested!

Matt & Dan

MRS-R (resized).jpgMRS-R (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpg
#996 4 years ago

I have two questions for you guys:

1) Would this switch be a viable replacement for the highwire wireform?
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ball-detect-blade-with-roller-sub-microswitch.html

2) Has anyone replaced their glass with PDI or other anti-reflective glass on CV? I have not seen anyone mention this in this thread. I have two other pins that both have anti-reflective glass and am thinking I will want to repalce the glass on my CV that I am picking up tomorrow. Is this a good upgrade for this pin?
https://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Has anyone replaced their glass with PDI or other anti-reflective glass on CV? I have not seen anyone mention this in this thread. I have two other pins that both have anti-reflective glass and am thinking I will want to repalce the glass on my CV that I am picking up tomorrow. Is this a good upgrade for this pin?
https://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

I used PDI. I have Invisiglass, Magic Glass and PDI. The PDI is the best one for antiglare. It also won the comparison tests.

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hey guys - just making a repro part announcement. I began making repro MRS' (as found in CV) earlier this year - but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and didn't want to get overwhelmed with orders). I wanted to branch out a little more to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in NGG, NBAFB, SWEP1, SC and CC ...the went unobtanium almost a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SW:Trilogy) and a repro M&M Creations MRS. I'm going to start making some more again (a good winter thing to do) and wanted to get a list going...just PM if interested!
Matt & Dan

Thank You for posting this.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I have two questions for you guys:
1) Would this switch be a viable replacement for the highwire wireform?
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ball-detect-blade-with-roller-sub-microswitch.html
l

Got a pic? Wireform's are tricky with MRS' due to the ferrous content of the wireforms - they can trigger the MRS....so I'd have to see a closeup pic to know for sure - but I'd say at best 50/50...

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Matt & Dan[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for the dumb question but what are these? I tried a google search for MRS pinball but did not get the answer I was looking for? Are these replacements for a broken component or do they have some kind of advantage over what came stock in the game? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 37.50
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/20?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.