Topic Stats

• 1,056 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Sonic
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 326 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2846 (resized).jpg
IMG_2844 (resized).jpg
IMG_2845 (resized).jpg
MRS-R (resized).jpg
C9B3D92C-56CB-4B44-99EC-CB27B74C0020 (resized).jpeg
49245363908_6604a29b00_k (resized).jpg
IMG_2738 (resized).jpg
IMG_2741 (resized).jpg
IMG_2744 (resized).jpg
622EB8C0-C5D4-4F4F-9BBF-81C76B4664AD (resized).jpeg
730487EE-097C-4155-A8C9-7E05AE171FB9 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A8D693D4-5D48-4F97-8E6F-A8559A12E5C6 (resized).jpeg
14EB0C60-1A36-4265-A042-02DF9E8D45DB (resized).jpeg
4D2BDC1A-8C16-470B-8EAF-CBAF1BD579AD (resized).jpeg
1224506A-AD97-46C3-9E23-3F0F8612152D (resized).jpeg

There are 1056 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.
#801 1 year ago

i made a pinsound package for cv but the old sfx and voices are shit. who can help me to find where i can get the original files like you can find here
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/games/cirqus/cv_sounds.html
i will share my package when its ready

#802 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i made a pinsound package for cv but the old sfx and voices are shit. who can help me to find where i can get the original files like you can find here
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/games/cirqus/cv_sounds.html
i will share my package when its ready

waouw i m following your project

2 weeks later
#803 1 year ago

pinballlife lighted flipper button install today. Love this kit! So easy and simple to install and looks great! This is beautiful for those who are lazy like me!

#804 1 year ago

Looks good! I like the way it pulses. I did my own with some Cointaker Fast Flash color changers. It is pretty easy to do and it runs on the 12v circuit on the coin door board. The clear flipper buttons are cheap and available just about everywhere that sells parts for Pinball.

#805 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Looks good! I like the way it pulses. I did my own with some Cointaker Fast Flash color changers. It is pretty easy to do and it runs on the 12v circuit on the coin door board. The clear flipper buttons are cheap and available just about everywhere that sells parts for Pinball.

I have the cointaker on my Creech but I like the way the ones from pinballlife fit in the actual hole for the flipper button and it comes with the harness to get into the backbox so you don't have to worry about tapping into something around the coin door. I think it's one of the coolest mods you could do. When you have a line of pins it looks great in the dark. I have the other pins pulsing at different rates as well.

#806 1 year ago

I will have to consider those for my next pin.

2 weeks later
#807 11 months ago

Anyone in need of this decal? I spent 30 minutes carefully removing it. Honestly, I think it is salvageable for someone in need. I have no use as I replaced the insert body (white tub) and decal. Anyway, just offering it up for FREE if anyone is looking to save $59 for a new decal.

Update: Act now and I will throw in all the yellowed plastics too!

20190302_140322 (resized).jpg

#808 11 months ago

Anyone else purchase a repro insert body from Planetary Pinball? If so, does it look like mine? I can't get the trim pieces to stay on as the repro is trapped at the edge (opposed to the original that lays flat at the edge). The repro tapered edge "pushes" the trim piece off when trying to install it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Screenshot_20190303-104530_Photo Editor (resized).jpg
#809 11 months ago

I would try some two sided tape on the backside of the tub where the trim contacts. Even if it tried to work itself off, once the assembly is in place it would have nowhere to go.

1 week later
#810 11 months ago

Got some CV items for sale...

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-08 at 20.16.43 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-10 at 11.29.53(1) (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-10 at 12.24.59 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-10 at 12.25.00 (resized).jpeg
#811 11 months ago
Quoted from broher:

Got some CV items for sale...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Prices?

#812 11 months ago

Can anyone explain why I would be getting a high wire ramp kickout after two balls? It doesn't even attempt to wait for that third. Also I can't get the piston to come back up and just release one ball :/. I had this a while ago but I moved the machine and I've not been able to get it back.

#813 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can anyone explain why I would be getting a high wire ramp kickout after two balls? It doesn't even attempt to wait for that third.

When multiball starts is a third ball being shot out from the plunger? Could the third ball be locked virtually - i.e. from a skill shot?

Quoted from Aniraf:

Also I can't get the piston to come back up and just release one ball :/. I had this a while ago but I moved the machine and I've not been able to get it back.

does the coil core/piston move easily or is there friction somewhere?

Otherwise I recommend to check the function of the three switches on the highwire wireform. If one is not recognizing a ball or if one is permanently closed the ramp would possibly not function right.

#814 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can anyone explain why I would be getting a high wire ramp kickout after two balls?

You have a mis-registering switch. In switch test mode, roll a ball down the ramp, one at a time, and watch the lock switches.

#815 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You have a mis-registering switch. In switch test mode, roll a ball down the ramp, one at a time, and watch the lock switches.

The switches seem to be registering correctly. Basically you get ball 1 locked, then ball 2...next thing you know it says "watch high wire ramp for kickout" and it releases both balls. This is not the start of a multiball, it is an error. If I hit another ball up there it will say ball 3 and then correctly start the multiball.

It would appear that it is registering two balls, then deciding to kickout a single which actually kicks out both.

#816 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The switches seem to be registering correctly. Basically you get ball 1 locked, then ball 2...next thing you know it says "watch high wire ramp for kickout" and it releases both balls. This is not the start of a multiball, it is an error. If I hit another ball up there it will say ball 3 and then correctly start the multiball.
It would appear that it is registering two balls, then deciding to kickout a single which actually kicks out both.

*nods*
However, it should not be even kicking out the 1 ball. It should be giving you the third ball down in the shooter lane.

This can happen if:
It doesn't see the 2nd lock switch held closed,
It sees the 3rd lock switch closed (with or without the 2nd lock switch closed), or
It sees 2nd lock switch closed without 1st lock switch closed.

Essentially, the game's seeing seomthign OTHER than Lock 1 and Lock 2 switches closed.

Edit to add: Likely, the second ball is pressing the first one up and off of Lock #1 switch. Which is why I said to go into test mode, and watch the lock switches as you roll balls onto the wire ramp.

#817 11 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Edit to add: Likely, the second ball is pressing the first one up and off of Lock #1 switch. Which is why I said to go into test mode, and watch the lock switches as you roll balls onto the wire ramp.

This condition can happen to a game that has no switch issues. I like my game angle set steep. So when I get the second and third lock balls they sometimes will make the first locked ball ride up the post some. If your switches are set too tight that first switch will release when the second and third balls lock. If you change your switches to roller type this condition will not happen. Or you can just adjust your existing switches (especially that first one) to allow for the ball to move up on that post a bit.

#818 11 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This condition can happen to a game that has no switch issues. I like my game angle set steep. So when I get the second and third lock balls they sometimes will make the first locked ball ride up the post some. If your switches are set too tight that first switch will release when the second and third balls lock. If you change your switches to roller type this condition will not happen. Or you can just adjust your existing switches (especially that first one) to allow for the ball to move up on that post a bit.

Yup.
However, when the ball rides up and causes the first switch to not register, I still call that a 'switch issue'. A way around this, also - without needing to adjust your switches, and what I had to do to every CV I owned/had on route - squeeze the top metal guide down - to prevent the balls running up.

I like my games steep, so I did this to all of them. Muhaha.

#819 11 months ago

OK, good tips. Let me verify in test mode.

#820 11 months ago

Joined!! My grail!! Missed out on one a few years ago because I need to think about the price overnight, was sold while I was thinking!!

Not this time!! Super Happy!!

I do have a few questions though and probably many more to come but this is a Mirco Pf'd, new, 70 odd plays...I have put mylar down where the balls fall from the wire ramp for m/ball. Do I need it anywhere else do you think? Scoop eject from ringmaster?

Cliffys for the Ringmaster and shooter lane...where can I find these? Cliffy doesn't show the ringmaster?

Rule sheet...is IPDB the best one out there?

Anything else you guys think I need to know, adjust, buy or recommend!!

Otherwise...glad to be in the club!!

CV (resized).jpg
#821 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Joined!! My grail!! Missed out on one a few years ago because I need to think about the price overnight, was sold while I was thinking!!
Not this time!! Super Happy!!
I do have a few questions though and probably many more to come but this is a Mirco Pf'd, new, 70 odd plays...I have put mylar down where the balls fall from the wire ramp for m/ball. Do I need it anywhere else do you think? Scoop eject from ringmaster?
Cliffys for the Ringmaster and shooter lane...where can I find these? Cliffy doesn't show the ringmaster?
Rule sheet...is IPDB the best one out there?
Anything else you guys think I need to know, adjust, buy or recommend!!
Otherwise...glad to be in the club!!
[quoted image]

You are good to go.

#822 11 months ago

You should get a Ring Master Protector kit. It will keep that RM hole pristine.

#823 11 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You should get a Ring Master Protector kit. It will keep that RM hole pristine.

Is that the one from Pinball Centre? The metal one! Looking at that and the Cliffy for shooter eject as well.

#824 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Is that the one from Pinball Centre? The metal one! Looking at that and the Cliffy for shooter eject as well.

No, They are nylon and include a new top for the RM. They have them on Ebay for $80

#825 11 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

No, They are nylon and include a new top for the RM. They have them on Ebay for $80

Do you mean this one by The Mod Couple thats $69 here

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01630-cirqus-voltaire-ringmaster-custom-guard-kit-mod

That metal one is a bit cheaper for me in Australia. Seems pretty good, just installation could be a pain.

#826 11 months ago

What have you guys done with your scrolls to attache them? I want to put them on but don't want to screw them into the backbox...and not sure about double sided tape on new decals?

Any ideas please.

#827 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

What have you guys done with your scrolls to attache them? I want to put them on but don't want to screw them into the backbox...and not sure about double sided tape on new decals?
Any ideas please.

I don’t have scrolls, but just thinking; you could drill some clean #6 clean holes and run bolts. Less dirty than screw holes when removed

#828 11 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don’t have scrolls, but just thinking; you could drill some clean #6 clean holes and run bolts. Less dirty than screw holes when removed

This sounds like it would still entail drilling into the head which I really want to try and avoid.

#829 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

This sounds like it would still entail drilling into the head which I really want to try and avoid.

Some magnetic wizardry? That happens Down under right?

#830 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Any ideas please.

I put them in my closet because I think they look horrible :/.

#831 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I put them in my closet because I think they look horrible :/.

I don't mind them personally. Just want to see what they look like on, you may be right..haha

#832 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

I don't mind them personally. Just want to see what they look like on, you may be right..haha

I don’t know why I don’t like them. I think they are just too different from every other pin. I don’t like many toppers either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though .

#833 11 months ago

I attached my Scrolls with two sided tape. When I got my game the original scrolls were inside the game. The former owner didn't want them installed for the typical reason: The game wouldn't fit in his line up. The scrolls were not popular especially with operators . After downsizing my collection I decide to go with less games so I could have more space around my games to make the artwork on my favorites stand out. So installing the scrolls was a No Brainer for me. The two sided tape works great because it is strong and can easily be removed if needed.

#834 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Do you mean this one by The Mod Couple thats $69 here

Yep that is the one to get. I have this one on my game, although it was on it when I got it. I don't know where it was purchased, but it could have been done when HEP restored it in 09.

#835 11 months ago

Do most of you have your pitch on this game steeper than others? I am trying to find the sweet spot, but feel it to be a bit floaty at 6.5-7...?

#836 11 months ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Do most of you have your pitch on this game steeper than others? I am trying to find the sweet spot, but feel it to be a bit floaty at 6.5-7...?

I have mine set steep (7.5). I like this game fast. Mine has a clear coated play field so it is a bit faster than normal to begin with. The out lanes on CV are unique so setting up at a steeper angle doesn't necessarily keep the ball out of the outlane like it does on typical games. A steeper angle might make your balls in the lock ride up the post so be mindful of that.

#837 11 months ago

Makes sense...I restored mine awhile back with a cleared field and all the trimmings and sold it to a bud of mine, but just got it back and trying to dial it in. I didn't have it long after restoration as I was funding another purchase, but trying to spend some time on it this round.

#838 11 months ago

I think that when I had mine, I kept both of mine on the steeper side - 7-7.5. I like fast games, too.

#839 11 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I attached my Scrolls with two sided tape. When I got my game the original scrolls were inside the game. The former owner didn't want them installed for the typical reason: The game wouldn't fit in his line up. The scrolls were not popular especially with operators . After downsizing my collection I decide to go with less games so I could have more space around my games to make the artwork on my favorites stand out. So installing the scrolls was a No Brainer for me. The two sided tape works great because it is strong and can easily be removed if needed.

Yeah, wondered about the double sided tape. The residue would be easy enough to remove one would think if they ever needed to come off. It's really the only option that I can think of.

Cheers.

#840 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Yeah, wondered about the double sided tape. The residue would be easy enough to remove one would think if they ever needed to come off. It's really the only option that I can think of.
Cheers.

You could try that 3M Velcro stuff. I bet that would work and remove pretty easily.

#841 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Any ideas please.

Only screwed in at the top. Didn't want to screw into the sideart.

#842 11 months ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Only screwed in at the top. Didn't want to screw into the sideart.

This may be the best idea yet. I had mine attached with some really good velcro but that when I removed them to make more room in the lineup it pulled the edge of the decal loose a bit so I'd recommend extreme caution with that or double sided tape on the sides.

#843 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This may be the best idea yet. I had mine attached with some really good velcro but that when I removed them to make more room in the lineup it pulled the edge of the decal loose a bit so I'd recommend extreme caution with that or double sided tape on the sides.

This is good to know. Thanks for sharing that.

#844 11 months ago

I wonder if even just simple Blue Tack would work for this?

My scrolls are slightly out of alignment but could get the tops stuck on using this no problem. The side section may just protrude slightly. Might work

#845 11 months ago

I think the idea is not to have to drill holes and to have the scrolls attach firmly and be able to remove without damaging the decals. You also dont want to see the method of attachment.

#846 11 months ago

Couldn’t you just use those Command Strips adhesive mounts? They hold strong and come off with a simple pull. I have used them on latex painted walls and never lost a spot of paint and no adhesive remnants.

#847 11 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Any ideas please.

I used museum putty to attach my scrolls. It holds pretty well and doesn’t leave a residue.

amazon.com link »

#848 11 months ago

Thanks guys...appreciate all the input!

1 week later
#849 11 months ago

I picked up a CV a few weeks ago. Have wanted one since I got into the hobby but believe it or not, have never played one in person. Played a TON on pinball arcade and watched endless streaming videos . I absolutely love every JPOP game from the era and just knew this would be a game for me. Well the pinball gods opened the clouds of despair and one popped up locally while at the same time I had just sold something to free up some cash. Timing couldn't have been better. I played one quick game at the guys house and loaded it up. He was kind enough to give me a box of extra parts too including a new Ringmaster and motor, full plastic set and a bunch of other goodies like a never-used boom balloon plastic repro top.

I have since cleaned it up, put in Comet LED (Sunlight for all GI and backbox...LOVE this color! first time using) and put in a rubber kit, new balls and made some adjustments. Its a players condition machine with the usual insert ghosting and has a bit of wear at the ringmaster hole and on the cabinet but I could not be happier! what an amazing game!!! Endlessly fun, repeat value off the charts, such unique shots and flow. Love the colorful theme...this is everything pinball should be!

It has quickly become one of my kids favorite, she is particularly fond of quoting all of the ringmaster callouts and laughing hysterically at the match sequence "pie face" clown.

I have 2 minor issues with lamps not maintaining good contact and need to reflow solder on 2 of the lamp boards and it could use a new magnet core on the upper playfield lock but otherwise this thing is set to go! I love that its got some mileage on it and came at a price where I don't feel guilty playing the snot out of it like I would if I owned one of the 9000 dollar museum pieces around here. Its just too much fun to sit and stare at, it begs to be played!

Anyway just wanted to share my joy of finally landing this amazing title!!

Cheers everyone!

#850 11 months ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I have 2 minor issues with lamps not maintaining good contact and need to reflow solder on 2 of the lamp boards and it could use a new magnet core on the upper playfield lock

Yeah these issues are typical on not just CV but all of the Williams Bally games. My CV had a cold solder joint on the light board behind the Ring Master which caused the center WOW target light to wig out now and then. Not the easiest one to get out. I was fortunate that I had a new magnet core for my Mini Play Field and installed it on mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1056 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside