Topic Stats

• 988 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 303 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9ce97190fb22c17a618ecb05dcd86cf4f97dd08a (resized).jpg
58bb5095365d7d438cec40546761dd184b026709 (resized).jpg
91CF84AF-11ED-48B3-B97F-41F5D8805DE2 (resized).jpeg
9A07B4A6-ED3B-495B-BED3-4C3E9AC7A453 (resized).png
A36705C7-01B4-422E-AEC2-4D333B36E7C9 (resized).png
446B7262-BABD-4F15-BB6B-42F2FE4BA727.jpeg
5240D685-75F6-4953-90BB-C1B5DDC50870.jpeg
E8B5D6B4-2EDB-4648-8F6B-1AC3F69ECFF4.jpeg
FC438DA8-5576-4238-ACAB-12B6F12B638E.jpeg
E002E334-2195-4CFA-A231-EED0430CB2D2 (resized).jpeg
D8848BFE-2B9E-4E93-899A-5BC3C434936F (resized).jpeg
B268BFD0-65B2-4004-A4C7-9E27FE957E24 (resized).jpeg
19A3E431-DCAC-42CA-B38E-5A5C01F1732C (resized).jpeg
D4AF89C1-BA88-4BED-9706-D27E6ED17BD2 (resized).jpeg
3BD76F25-EBA7-4889-A5AB-A1EBE3F86EA1 (resized).jpeg
20190821_173149 (resized).jpg

There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 1 year ago
20180713_154856_resized (resized).jpg
#752 1 year ago

Fixed ! My ball guide had a slight bend to it . Bent it back straight and it hits the right flipper every time . Can’t believe i didn’t fix this sooner .

#753 1 year ago

Is there a way to test/fix the single ball out of the high wire? Oftentimes I end up with 2 balls when it is clearly trying to release just one.

I am unaware of any test which would help me dial that in.

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is there a way to test/fix the single ball out of the high wire? Oftentimes I end up with 2 balls when it is clearly trying to release just one.

I would start by checking the mechanical movement of the rod. Does it move freely or is there friction? The three microswitches on the ramp might be worthwhile looking at. If they are not all working right the ramp can do unexpected things.

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am unaware of any test which would help me dial that in.

Quoted from branlon8:

I would start by checking the mechanical movement of the rod. Does it move freely or is there friction? The three microswitches on the ramp might be worthwhile looking at. If they are not all working right the ramp can do unexpected things.

Yes, make sure the rod snaps back up without binding on anything, then adjust the switches in switch test mode while rolling balls down to the post and releasing it by hand. Make sure they are releasing easily from rest and if you don't have roller switch arms on all three I'd recommend getting them. You want to make sure the switches are staying down too long as the balls roll off. It can take a little patience as well as trial and error to get it just right.

1 week later
#756 12 months ago

Does anyone have a tip on adjusting the ringmaster front to back to align better with his hole?

I was attempting to install the plastic ring protector from The Mod Couple, but due to the ringmaster assembly being slightly skewed to the back (appears angled) the metal plate under the head catches the protector ring at the back of the hole during gameplay. Interesting that during manual and auto test the head did not catch. I looked all over the assembly for a tilt adjustment and did as much as I could with the height adjustment bolts but it wasn't enough.

My only thought was to shim the front of the entire ringmaster assembly where it attaches to the playfield to get that plate away from the back wall, but instead decided to punt and ended up taking out the protector and all is back to normal.

#757 12 months ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

My only thought was to shim the front of the entire ringmaster assembly where it attaches to the playfield to get that plate away from the back wall, but instead decided to punt and ended up taking out the protector and all is back to normal.

This is what I did for a larger adjustment. For small tweaks you can gently bend the spring while he is fully extended. I have the protector installed and it works perfectly.

#758 12 months ago

Yep a small shim under his lid and some slight spring bending while in fully extended position should give you enough adjusting to get it sitting flush with protector installed.

#759 12 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This is what I did for a larger adjustment. For small tweaks you can gently bend the spring while he is fully extended.

Quoted from Sethman:

Yep a small shim under his lid and some slight spring bending while in fully extended position should give you enough adjusting to get it sitting flush with protector installed.

Thanks for the shim confirmation and neck bend suggestions. I might just try giving him a good bend next time I'm under the glass as I only need maybe 1/8" to clear comfortably. If that doesn't work and I decide I'm dead set on getting that protector to work I'll give the shimming a try. The back side of that hole is pretty beat up already so not going to save much at this point but thought the protector looked cool. New playfield in hand ready for a swap someday.

20181113_123415 (resized).jpg
#760 12 months ago

are the spinners in CV supposed to make a noise when they spin ?

It’s so often the small things in pinball which make a difference - like the sounds the spinners in FT makes when they spin. In CV I’m not really that aware of the spinners unless I’m looking at them (which is always dangerous as the ball is already somewhere else).

#761 12 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

are the spinners in CV supposed to make a noise when they spin ?
It’s so often the small things in pinball which make a difference - like the sounds the spinners in FT makes when they spin. In CV I’m not really that aware of the spinners unless I’m looking at them (which is always dangerous as the ball is already somewhere else).

Right spinner sounds like a ratchet. Left spinner is sort of like a whistle.

1 month later
#762 10 months ago

New owner checking in! Belgium re-import. In a home for the last 20 years. This is by far the cleanest re-import I've ever seen. Great condition. Typical broken plastics here and there. It was serviced first of this year for the last owner but they installed standard lamps as seen in one of my pics below when I first got her home. A few hours later, I've added LED's and a color LED screen. Did some mild cleaning here and there. I've been playing the hell out of it and love it! I've wanted one of these for some years and the perfect deal finally came along. What a great table! Also a new picture of my updated current line up!

Items I'm looking for if anyone has spares or can point me in the best direction...

-Complete plastic set.
-Metal top and decal for the Ring Master (slightly bent lip on it)
-Original manual set.

31487975127_002afe594d_k (resized).jpg44610934440_0b7f0f471a_k (resized).jpg44610936470_71e884dc64_k (resized).jpg46427456831_cdeca24ca8_k (resized).jpg46436155931_0da675bfa8_k (resized).jpg48381072_809123482753921_5380880404481835008_n (resized).jpg48389551_348767622589809_1079937640741994496_n (resized).jpg
#763 10 months ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

New owner checking in! Belgium re-import. In a home for the last 20 years. This is by far the cleanest re-import I've ever seen. Great condition. Typical broken plastics here and there. It was serviced first of this year for the last owner but they installed standard lamps as seen in one of my pics below when I first got her home. A few hours later, I've added LED's and a color LED screen. Did some mild cleaning here and there. I've been playing the hell out of it and love it! I've wanted one of these for some years and the perfect deal finally came along. What a great table! Also a new picture of my updated current line up!
Items I'm looking for if anyone has spares or can point me in the best direction...
-Complete plastic set.
-Original manual set.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need the mod couples ringmaster protector and new lid...

#764 10 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You need the mod couples ringmaster protector and new lid...

I just saw that and out of stock currently

#765 10 months ago

I just saw that and out of stock currently

ALL mods are In Stock to ship next day from our website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks so much for your interest and support!!

The Mod Couple

#766 10 months ago

-Complete plastic set.
-Original manual set.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Should be available from all of the usual places - I had no issue getting them a year ago.

#767 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ALL mods are In Stock to ship next day from our website store. www.TheModCouplePinball.com
Thanks so much for your interest and support!!
The Mod Couple

Found you guys and ordered! Can't wait to install it! Great item! Thanks!

#768 10 months ago

New owner checking in! Belgium re-import.

I’ll just take the opportunity to ask the question - how will you do that with the power supply? Will you buy a different transformer? Or will you have to take one from an older game? I have wondered how folks do this as I have never seen a pinball parts store (at least not here) offering new transformers. Or can you do something else and not have to replace the main transformer?

#769 10 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I’ll just take the opportunity to ask the question - how will you do that with the power supply? Will you buy a different transformer? Or will you have to take one from an older game? I have wondered how folks do this as I have never seen a pinball parts store (at least not here) offering new transformers. Or can you do something else and not have to replace the main transformer?

Nothing is needed .... just a few jumper wires need to be changed depending on voltage needed...

#770 10 months ago

Are there any tricks for the acrobat shot? If a ball gets launched up through there it’ll fly off the return ramp. Any fixes for that?

#771 10 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Are there any tricks for the acrobat shot? If a ball gets launched up through there it’ll fly off the return ramp. Any fixes for that?

I bent the wirefirm slightly at the beginning , middle and end and it fixed my issues. Just mess around with it and u will get it

#772 10 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Yes, don't shoot it cause it's a virtually worthless shot! But seriously, you might try increasing the pitch slightly or just let the game get a little dirty to slow the ball down.

#773 10 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Funny you guys posted about this seems I can't even get the ball to go up that wireform on the acrobat. I tried to tighten down the end of it where it goes into the playfield but I've literally never made this shot. Almost seems like it bounces off the start of the wireform and just falls down by the left side of the ringmaster.

#774 10 months ago

Post some pics - shouldn’t be doing that.

#775 10 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I bent the wirefirm slightly at the beginning , middle and end and it fixed my issues. Just mess around with it and u will get it

Bending / adjusting the airball protector at the top of the ramp is also key to getting the shot dialed in, it will take a lot of trial and error but it can be done.

#776 10 months ago

Funny you guys posted about this seems I can't even get the ball to go up that wireform on the acrobat. I tried to tighten down the end of it where it goes into the playfield but I've literally never made this shot. Almost seems like it bounces off the start of the wireform and just falls down by the left side of the ringmaster.

My guess is that it was removed at some point and not reinstalled properly. It is a mostly useless shot unless you have it set to extra hard but it is also rewarding when you really need it and make it.

#777 10 months ago

Well I joined the Cirquis and won tonight! I've discovered if I blast the ball up towards the acrobat lane it will not go up the wire form. If I gently flip the ball up or even back flip it from the right flipper it will go up the acrobat ramp. I found the plastic in the back was sticking out a tiny bit and this must have been knocking the ball off course to go up the wire form. Not working perfectly, but when I install all the new plastics I'll investigate that further. The place that shopped it out last year for the last owner may have bent something back there as well. But it worked enough to complete the game. I had a few cool video modes along the way as well! What a fun pin.

I also did the bell mod. Picked the bell up on Amazon and used a post stud that worked well. I did a washer on the back side of the bell and used a thread nut with elastic stop insert and secured the post to the bell. I did a nut with washer on both sides when mounting it to the back box plastic panel. Worked perfect. Nothing in the ball as is and it sounds perfect as is!

44760547270_794238d527_k (resized).jpg46526265722_83edfab68a_k (resized).jpg
#778 10 months ago

Well I joined the Cirquis and won tonight! I've discovered if I blast the ball up towards the acrobat lane it will not go up the wire form. If I gently flip the ball up or even back flip it from the right flipper it will go up the acrobat ramp. I found the plastic in the back was sticking out a tiny bit and this must have been knocking the ball off course to go up the wire form. Not working perfectly, but when I install all the new plastics I'll investigate that further. The place that shopped it out last year for the last owner may have bent something back there as well. But it worked enough to complete the game. I had a few cool video modes along the way as well! What a fun pin.
I also did the bell mod. Picked the bell up on Amazon and used a post stud that worked well. I did a washer on the back side of the bell and used a thread nut with elastic stop insert and secured the post to the bell. I did a nut with washer on both sides when mounting it to the back box plastic panel. Worked perfect. Nothing in the ball as is and it sounds perfect as is!

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Got instructions/list of what to buy for the mod?

#779 10 months ago

Well I joined the Cirquis and won tonight! I've discovered if I blast the ball up towards the acrobat lane it will not go up the wire form. If I gently flip the ball up or even back flip it from the right flipper it will go up the acrobat ramp. I found the plastic in the back was sticking out a tiny bit and this must have been knocking the ball off course to go up the wire form. Not working perfectly, but when I install all the new plastics I'll investigate that further. The place that shopped it out last year for the last owner may have bent something back there as well. But it worked enough to complete the game. I had a few cool video modes along the way as well! What a fun pin

Yeah this game is intricate. It took me awhile to get mine dialed in perfectly. Lots of small things that interfere with the gameplay. Fortunately once you get all the bugs worked out it plays and plays and plays. I have a sample game and I use the skinny ringmaster so I had to do the left rubber mod to keep the balls from getting stuck behind him. Once that was done, no more issue. had the RingMaster's flasher short out on the metal post inside the RM and cause fuse f117 to blow. Had to straighten the bulb holder and I placed a piece of stickable foam strip in between the holder and the post to stop the shorting when he gets the crap beat out of him.

#780 10 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Congrats! Got instructions/list of what to buy for the mod?

I listed it all right there. Much easier then you think! Here is the bell I used, amazon.com link »

#781 10 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yeah this game is intricate. It took me awhile to get mine dialed in perfectly. Lots of small things that interfere with the gameplay. Fortunately once you get all the bugs worked out it plays and plays and plays. I have a sample game and I use the skinny ringmaster so I had to do the left rubber mod to keep the balls from getting stuck behind him. Once that was done, no more issue. had the RingMaster's flasher short out on the metal post inside the RM and cause fuse f117 to blow. Had to straighten the bulb holder and I placed a piece of stickable foam strip in between the holder and the post to stop the shorting when he gets the crap beat out of him.

I'm finding my self tweaking the hell out of this thing non stop that's for sure. A home owner had it for 20 years and never knew how to get the glass off! It would break and it would sit and sit till he had someone come out to fix it. When I first got it I thought it was wrecked had like 9 switch errors. All wound up being switches that he just never hit in any game play! I'm getting closer though to getting it tweaked! I've had a few air balls that were stuck in places I had to open the glass to get them out. This thing must have been a bitch on location back in the day! I did talk to one operator who had 2 on location he said out of all the pins he had on location, CV broke his balls the most! Now I see why! It is great fun!

#782 10 months ago

Ringmaster has this terrible habit of throwing the ball over his left shoulder and getting it stuck under the mini PF.

#783 10 months ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Ringmaster has this terrible habit of throwing the ball over his left shoulder and getting it stuck under the mini PF.

I almost mastered the ring master for this issue. I give the game just the right nudge when he's ready to cut it loose and either it pops up onto the wire form and gives me a sneaky lock, or it falls into the ring master before he can go down for the ring masters' hideout! Twice is flew into the juggler for a sneaky lock over there as well.

#784 10 months ago

I almost mastered the ring master for this issue. I give the game just the right nudge when he's ready to cut it loose and either it pops up onto the wire form and gives me a sneaky lock, or it falls into the ring master before he can go down for the ring masters' hideout! Twice is flew into the juggler for a sneaky lock over there as well.

This is the best thing about CV for me. I also love it when you hit the ball so that it rolls over Boom Balloon just when it pops up! Bang! it either hits the glass or is launched to the rear of the game. I hit the DMD the other day with that launch!

#785 10 months ago

Here is a pic of the Sample Ring Master mod to inhibit the ball stick issue behind the Skinny Ringmaster. I played one game with the original configuration and the ball got stick back there immediatly. After I installed the mod I havent had a stick yet and it’s been almost a year.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#786 10 months ago

I'm finding my self tweaking the hell out of this thing non stop that's for sure. A home owner had it for 20 years and never knew how to get the glass off! It would break and it would sit and sit till he had someone come out to fix it. When I first got it I thought it was wrecked had like 9 switch errors. All wound up being switches that he just never hit in any game play! I'm getting closer though to getting it tweaked! I've had a few air balls that were stuck in places I had to open the glass to get them out. This thing must have been a bitch on location back in the day! I did talk to one operator who had 2 on location he said out of all the pins he had on location, CV broke his balls the most! Now I see why! It is great fun!

While you are tweaking it. If you are having problems with the ball rolling out of the juggler, make sure the clear triangle plastic is pointing towards the juggler lock. If it's not, you can experience some roll outs from the juggler lock. It's hard to describe so I put a red line along the edge of the plastic in the picture, hope it makes sense.

IMG_8713 (resized).png
#787 10 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This is the best thing about CV for me. I also love it when you hit the ball so that it rolls over Boom Balloon just when it pops up! Bang! it either hits the glass or is launched to the rear of the game. I hit the DMD the other day with that launch!

I rolled over that boom balloon as it was flying up thought it was going to shatter the glass it hit so hard and loud!

#788 10 months ago

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm loving this table more and more! Can't wait till my plastic set and the plastic protectors get here. Mini tear down and fresh coat of wax will be in order

#789 10 months ago

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm loving this table more and more! Can't wait till my plastic set and the plastic protectors get here. Mini tear down and fresh coat of wax will be in order

Congrats! Get the black out mod so your BB will black out during: side show video modes, Fire the Cannon, Boom Balloon hits and black outs. $35 bucks it is well worth it and then some.

#790 10 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Congrats! Get the black out mod so your BB will black out during: side show video modes, Fire the Cannon, Boom Balloon hits and black outs. $35 bucks it is well worth it and then some.

Oh sure lure me in with another mod! hahahah ordered!!

1 week later
#791 10 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Here is a pic of the Sample Ring Master mod to inhibit the ball stick issue behind the Skinny Ringmaster. I played one game with the original configuration and the ball got stick back there immediatly. After I installed the mod I havent had a stick yet and it’s been almost a year.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jeezuz, no.
When a sample CV dialed in and leveled properly, the ball will not get stuck behind that target with a sample RM head.

The RM head was enlarged to prevent the small head from 'grabbing' the ball and pulling it down into the cabinet, taking the ball out of play. THey released the tech bulletin when they found out the larger head wasn't letting the ball roll past the RM head.

On *THAT SPECIFIC GAME* you did not need to do that.

How do I know? That's MY OLD GAME. That game was used to help develop/beta v2.0H. It's good to see the game still alive out there, but... the new hold in the playfield hurts me.

#792 10 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Jeezuz, no.
When a sample CV dialed in and leveled properly, the ball will not get stuck behind that target with a sample RM head.
The RM head was enlarged to prevent the small head from 'grabbing' the ball and pulling it down into the cabinet, taking the ball out of play. THey released the tech bulletin when they found out the larger head wasn't letting the ball roll past the RM head.
On *THAT SPECIFIC GAME* you did not need to do that.
How do I know? That's MY OLD GAME. That game was used to help develop/beta v2.0H. It's good to see the game still alive out there, but... the new hold in the playfield hurts me.

Here is what YOU need to do. go here: christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album33 Now take a look at the RingMaster in the first photos of the game before it was restored by HEP. What do you see? The left rubber is extended by the previous previous owner. Now if you were that owner you are having some memory issues.
HEP put the game back to original configuration that's the way I got it from the previous owner with the large RM head. As soon as I installed the skinny head, I got ball sticks. (First Game First Ball) Then I extended the rubber. No ball sticks to this day NONE! I did not drill any holes. I just extended the rubber to a double star post instead of a standard post. So don't be hurt man!

#793 10 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

the new hold in the playfield hurts me

Now go to IPD and look at the ring master on the playfield on one of the regular CV games. What Do You See? There are two posts on the left side (just like the sample game) The post next to the target has a small ring on the top. That is the post I removed and replaced with the double star post. No holes drilled.
Before you go attacking someone it might be a good idea to do some research first!

#794 10 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Now go to IPD and look at the ring master on the playfield on one of the regular CV games. What Do You See? There are two posts on the left side (just like the sample game)

That is because production games had this done at the factory. Only sample, and early CVs had to have this tecnnical bulleting done to it.

#795 10 months ago

Did you read a word I said?

#796 10 months ago

It’s not about any technical bullitin. This is about you attacking me over my game that you claim to have preowned that you claimed I drilled holes in the pf to accomadate a mod to elongate the left rubber to keep the ball from sticking on the sample RM. Remember? Wrong on all points!

#797 10 months ago

Let it go. It’s pinball. We’re all friends.

#798 10 months ago

Yeah I keep telling myself that...

#799 10 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It’s not about any technical bullitin. This is about you attacking me over my game that you claim to have preowned that you claimed I drilled holes in the pf to accomadate a mod to elongate the left rubber to keep the ball from sticking on the sample RM. Remember? Wrong on all points!

Take a chill pill, I don't think he attacked you at all and he's just trying to share some information. I can tell you that not all games have any post whatsoever behind that target because mine definitely does not. I bought the service bulletin kit he referenced and it did come with a single post, a wood screw and instructions to drill a hole and put the post in between there to stop ball traps. I did not install it in mine as I feel the RM does a good job of clearing it out quickly when it does get stuck there, it doesn't happen that often, I can shake it loose easily enough and I didn't want to put a new hole in the PF. I have no idea how many games were shipped in each configuration but mine is not a sample, it is a re-import and I don't remember the serial number right now.

#800 10 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Take a chill pill, I don't think he attacked you at all and he's just trying to share some information. I can tell you that not all games have any post whatsoever behind that target because mine definitely does not. I bought the service bulletin kit he referenced and it did come with a single post, a wood screw and instructions to drill a hole and put the post in between there to stop ball traps. I did not install it in mine as I feel the RM does a good job of clearing it out quickly when it does get stuck there, it doesn't happen that often, I can shake it loose easily enough and I didn't want to put a new hole in the PF. I have no idea how many games were shipped in each configuration but mine is not a sample, it is a re-import and I don't remember the serial number right now.

So your saying that your game is a production game and you bought the kit and yours didn't have the post. Interesting! So some had the post some didn't sample or production. Good information! Pill Taken. All I was originally saying was that by extending the left rubber (Added "if you have the post") it will keep the ball off the skinny RM. At least it has on my machine!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside