cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

http://revolutionarypinball.com
http://revolutionarypinball.com/proddetail.php?prod=cvring_prot
A long time in the making, and after considerable effort by Frank, the original CV Ringmaster hole protector is back on the market available again!

I tried to buy one, but the site told me there is no shipping available for my destination. Is it not possible to ship it to Arizona?

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

More
I tried to buy one, but the site told me there is no shipping available for my destination. Is it not possible to ship it to Arizona?

Paging Galactimus
I had a similar issue with USPS shipment to my address as well. He will get it corrected for you.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Paging galactimus
I had a similar issue with USPS shipment to my address as well. He will get it corrected for you.

He emailed me. I’m all good. Now, if I could just find a purple neon, my machine would be perfect .

1 month later
#704 5 years ago

Restoration of my Cirqus Voltaire is finish:

#705 5 years ago
#706 5 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Restoration of my Cirqus Voltaire is finish:

a master piece

1 week later
#707 5 years ago

Might want to post a link to the non-beta site.

#708 5 years ago

Love CV added a brass bell I found at an antique store and it dings .

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Might want to post a link to the non-beta site.

Oh, FFS. I'm an idiot.

Luckily, I got it. It IS in the manual - just not in the *schematics*. (Why? I dunno.)
Thanks!

#710 5 years ago

I’m In! This is a CV Sample (early build) HEP (2009) This was a local game (Denver) playfield looks like your lookin into a lake! This game has always been my favorite!

5205AAD0-9502-4024-8BF2-502C4A19B14C (resized).jpeg5205AAD0-9502-4024-8BF2-502C4A19B14C (resized).jpeg9FA0D686-2518-4337-AD3E-B6A6E081B444 (resized).jpeg9FA0D686-2518-4337-AD3E-B6A6E081B444 (resized).jpegB0337503-A605-4004-85A7-B16B727F4507 (resized).jpegB0337503-A605-4004-85A7-B16B727F4507 (resized).jpegB529F8B0-2E5E-42CF-9C0E-6996EC14F8C7 (resized).jpegB529F8B0-2E5E-42CF-9C0E-6996EC14F8C7 (resized).jpegD73BE059-55F9-43F9-B2B9-CF0350C841EE (resized).jpegD73BE059-55F9-43F9-B2B9-CF0350C841EE (resized).jpeg
#711 5 years ago

I polished the inside of My Ring Master’s trough and added the decal. I also used a Cointaker wide multiple blue LED and aimed it into the trough so it would glow blue. Now when he raises up and the trough is exposed, it looks like funhouse mirrors under him. The other thing I did to prevent the ball stick issue with the prototype Ring Master is I extended the left rubber ring over a star post on the left side of him.(see pic above) The star post is a double and is wider than the original single post. together with rubber extended the ball now wont get stuck on the (skinny) Ring Master.

#712 5 years ago

I lit up my shooter with a directional LED under the apron from Cointaker.

DCA0D2BF-DDFC-459A-B1BF-E3541BAF38ED (resized).jpegDCA0D2BF-DDFC-459A-B1BF-E3541BAF38ED (resized).jpeg
#713 5 years ago

My CV clown!

8766EFF9-9878-4852-963C-60352DDDA0FA (resized).jpeg8766EFF9-9878-4852-963C-60352DDDA0FA (resized).jpeg
#714 5 years ago

He sits up between the scrolls. If you have a really good game (lots of shaking) he will stand up!

#715 5 years ago
609687FF-099A-49C6-91A5-7EDC9FEDA5E3 (resized).jpeg609687FF-099A-49C6-91A5-7EDC9FEDA5E3 (resized).jpeg
#716 5 years ago

Installed the Pinbits Blackout mod last night. CV is only second to AFM for the dramatic difference it will make once installed. A certain "must have" in my book. I was not prepared for what the back box lighting does when you are in "fire that cannon" mode. Amazing! I have central stadium lighting in my game so when the GI goes out or is pulsed it's dramatic. During hits on the Boom Balloon, All of the lighting is pulsed and is a dramatic flash.

#717 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Installed the Pinbits Blackout mod last night. CV is only second to AFM for the dramatic difference it will make once installed. A certain "must have" in my book. I was not prepared for what the back box lighting does when you are in "fire that cannon" mode. Amazing! I have central stadium lighting in my game so when the GI goes out or is pulsed it's dramatic. During hits on the Boom Balloon, All of the lighting is pulsed and is a dramatic flash.

Oh - I didn’t know it worked on CV. I need to get one!

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Did a simple SearchTempest search for the entire US, and came up with this laughing cracker post about someone wanting $12,500 for a CV. I'm still rolling, but suspect that someone will actually pay for it at that price.

Just found this.... LOL this is my game (Buyer) I have seen HEP games (TOM, TAF, MM ect...) go for 15k. It was a deal for what he was asking and I am very pleased with what I got!

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Oh - I didn’t know it worked on CV. I need to get one!

Oh yes it does and you will be pleased! Just make sure to use the BB plug in the upper header otherwise it won't work. I actually had the mod board in my MM and it didn't work. (was in there when I got the game) It was installed wrong. I just stuck it into CV to see if I could get it to work and BINGO!

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Just found this.... LOL this is my game (Buyer) I have seen HEP games (TOM, TAF, MM ect...) go for 15k. It was a deal for what he was asking and I am very pleased with what I got!

Yeah, I say just play and enjoy it. As long as you aren’t starving a family or pets because of this purchase, I think it is a good deal .

#721 5 years ago

After cleaning the plastics, playfield and giving it a wax I am quite pleased with my CV purchase. Neat design, smooth gameplay, fun theme, great sound, its a keeper.

Just added the color dmd and my wife and I are loving it. Such a colorful pin deserves a color display I think. Overall look of the pin feels a bit more finished imo.

20180813_204414 (resized).jpg20180813_204414 (resized).jpg20180813_204448 (resized).jpg20180813_204448 (resized).jpg
#722 5 years ago

I don’t think I have seen one with the yellow neon…it looks cool.

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t think I have seen one with the yellow neon…it looks cool.

Custom. I likely made it.

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Custom. I likely made it.

Coyote......I've been waiting for you to start making these again, any idea when?

#725 5 years ago

pretty.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Coyote......I've been waiting for you to start making these again, any idea when?

I've been talking to a few neon shops. They are getting rarer and rarer.
I'm at a short stopping point because of a few things - Other projects, and the fact that I don't have my glass pattern anymore; I have to make a new one. And to make a new one, I need an existing neon to take in - and until I have a game of my own back in my colleciton, or find someone (local) willing to loan me theirs, I won't be able to get to the next stage!

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm at a short stopping point because of a few things - Other projects, and the fact that I don't have my glass pattern anymore; I have to make a new one. And to make a new one, I need an existing neon to take in - and until I have a game of my own back in my colleciton, or find someone (local) willing to loan me theirs, I won't be able to get to the next stage!

I recently had to replace the transformer on mine and since I wasn't sure at first it that was the problem I had called a local Neon shop and they told me if I brought the existing tube in they would give me a quote to make a new one. I had every intention of doing that but when I put the new transformer in and it worked I had an overwhelming desire to put it all back in the game and not risk screwing anything up by pulling the tube out of the ramp so I never did it. I did just use hardware to hold the ramp back together as I don't have a rivet press so it would be fairly simple for me to pull mine out and take it to the shop.

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I recently had to replace the transformer on mine and since I wasn't sure at first it that was the problem I had called a local Neon shop and they told me if I brought the existing tube in they would give me a quote to make a new one. I had every intention of doing that but when I put the new transformer in and it worked I had an overwhelming desire to put it all back in the game and not risk screwing anything up by pulling the tube out of the ramp so I never did it. I did just use hardware to hold the ramp back together as I don't have a rivet press so it would be fairly simple for me to pull mine out and take it to the shop.

That's another reason I haven't gone head-first into remaking the custom neons.

When I was doing them back in the 00's, I was able to get them at a discount, because I was friends with the shop owner, and they were teaching me how to make them. (In return, I sold him a pinball game, that they put in their break-room.)

Now, he has closed up shop - and due to work changes, I no longer have my mornings off to hook up with another shop and create that kind of relationship. Which means prices will be higher. It's also posible that colors will be more limited, as when I was at that shop, I got access to order what raw tubes I thought would be neat to use - and whatever was left over, he bought from me.

Other than looking at the colors and the game and going, 'Dood, Violet and Emerald Green look FANTASTIC togeher!', I wasn't adding anything in the creation. So literally, anyone can take their tube out, over to a neon shop, and say 'I want this reproduces, in <colors>'.

(By the way, Emerald Green is a freaking AWESOME color. )

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Coyote, is this what you need? Its the neon tube that was in my CV before the last owner put your gold one in.

20180816_124313 (resized).jpg20180816_124313 (resized).jpg
#730 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Coyote, is this what you need? Its the neon tube that was in my CV before the last owner put your gold one in. [quoted image]

Yup. Exactly.

Usually it's only needed once, as a 'trace pattern' (a 'copy' of the design, laid out on paper twice, for profiles) is made, so that it can be reproduced.

My last trace got lost down in Georgia, and then my last neon tube (to make a trace *from*) shattered on it's way out here to WV.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I say just play and enjoy it. As long as you aren’t starving a family or pets because of this purchase, I think it is a good deal

Yeah I had to stop feeding my dog. He is looking a bit thinner now. He gives me this hungry look sometimes... like I AM GONNA EAT YOU! We just ignore it and keep playing.

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just added the color dmd and my wife and I are loving it. Such a colorful pin deserves a color display I think. Overall look of the pin feels a bit more finished imo.

Nice looking game. I had a yellow neon and menagerie ball in my first CV. You don't see a yellow one very often.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yup. Exactly.
Usually it's only needed once, as a 'trace pattern' (a 'copy' of the design, laid out on paper twice, for profiles) is made, so that it can be reproduced.
My last trace got lost down in Georgia, and then my last neon tube (to make a trace *from*) shattered on it's way out here to WV.

I can send you this one. Just PM me your info. Would be nice to have extras on hand if you plan on having another batch made up.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Nice looking game. I had a yellow neon and menagerie ball in my first CV. You don't see a yellow one very often.

Thank you! Maybe with some luck we can get more of these.

#734 5 years ago

Yep sounds like plan!

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yup. Exactly.

I would pay the premium to get my hands on a nice purple.

#736 5 years ago

I don't mean to bring any ick and non original talk to this section, but has anyone considered using the LED Neon for the neon tube, its flexible, looks like real neon, can come in multiple colors, or even RGB, Im sure could be controlled by the game possibly. take a look, may-be food for thought?

https://www.amazon.com/NEON-110-120V-Waterproof-Controller-Decoration/dp/B01JZ74XI8/ref=asc_df_B01JZ74XI8/

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don't mean to bring any ick and non original talk to this section, but has anyone considered using the LED Neon for the neon tube, its flexible, looks like real neon, can come in multiple colors, or even RGB, Im sure could be controlled by the game possibly. take a look, may-be food for thought?
amazon.com link »

Two issues -
It's 120/240v.
It can only be cut in 1ft increments. You.. would need to do some really neat hiding or conflagualting there.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Two issues -
It's 120/240v.
It can only be cut in 1ft increments. You.. would need to do some really neat hiding or conflagualting there.

I believe at its core, they're 12v led strips, also if you're keen enough, you can actually cut them much much shorter than every 1 ft... I don't need to upgrade mine, but they sure got me thinking

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I believe at its core, they're 12v led strips, also if you're keen enough, you can actually cut them much much shorter than every 1 ft... I don't need to upgrade mine, but they sure got me thinking

I think this is actually pretty interesting. I would imagine you could make a little money selling these as mod for #CV. I wonder how “real” it looks.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

True.. Sometimes the cut areas are down to three inches. The ones I got couldn't be trimmed any shorter, or the ones that were left in tha t'cut' segment were dark.

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think this is actually pretty interesting. I would imagine you could make a little money selling these as mod for #CV. I wonder how “real” it looks.

It looks pretty good, even up close, With the RGB, you can see a very slight break between the LEDs, with the solid colors, there is no break between the LEDs whatsoever. It also makes my eyes feel weird looking at it the way that real neon makes my eyes feel .

Quoted from Coyote:

True.. Sometimes the cut areas are down to three inches. The ones I got couldn't be trimmed any shorter, or the ones that were left in tha t'cut' segment were dark.

I guess one of us is going to have to take some time to play with this

3CB497D9-5B4D-4727-9AEA-99610BE890B4 (resized).jpeg3CB497D9-5B4D-4727-9AEA-99610BE890B4 (resized).jpeg7C2CDB85-884C-4173-A62E-FFCB770262E2 (resized).jpeg7C2CDB85-884C-4173-A62E-FFCB770262E2 (resized).jpeg901882CC-68EE-4DB0-9EA1-318DDD44A58F (resized).jpeg901882CC-68EE-4DB0-9EA1-318DDD44A58F (resized).jpeg
#742 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It looks pretty good, even up close, With the RGB, you can see a very slight break between the LEDs, with the solid colors, there is no break between the LEDs whatsoever. It also makes my eyes feel weird looking at it the way that real neon makes my eyes feel .

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that looks impressive. I can't even imagine how crazy it would be to have the neon doing light shows during phases of the game! As for the 120v Coyote mentioned...couldn't you feed that from the extra power outlet inside of the cabinet? You would obviously need some kind of on/off mechanism tied to the game's actual power, but I wouldn't think this would be overly difficult.

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Send some over! Would love to play with that!

Note that while I may seem against this.. I am.
I think the RGB LEDs would be awesome use if someone made like a 'Continued' version of the game (like CCC), that would then take advantage of the RGB LEDs and shift them according to gameplay. THAT would be awesome.

#744 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Send some over! Would love to play with that!
Note that while I may seem against this.. I am.
I think the RGB LEDs would be awesome use if someone made like a 'Continued' version of the game (like CCC), that would then take advantage of the RGB LEDs and shift them according to gameplay. THAT would be awesome.

I’m against it too, I was kind of hesitant suggesting it, but who knows... leds are all the rave, blah blah blah

I love the application of this led neon for a lot of things

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m against it too, I was kind of hesitant suggesting it, but who knows... leds are all the rave, blah blah blah
I love the application of this led neon for a lot of things

The original neon is amazing. You absolutely cannot beat it. That said, I can’t help but be interested in what this new tech could do. Just like LEDs in place of incandescent bulbs, over time the look and design has come so far that I almost always prefer LED. I figure if people like us demand new applications, then the tech continues to advance.

I would imagine the LED OCD guy could leverage his same controller to drive one of these LED neons. I would be interested in testing it just to replicate the purple neon since I have never been able to buy a real neon tube.

1 month later
#746 5 years ago

Made this the other day while in a conference call.
Going to play with the colors will add UV led’s. Need to work on sizing also think it needs to be about a “1 wider on each side trim bottom up more also.

B94970A0-B506-4060-9EA0-D2C859A5F43A (resized).jpegB94970A0-B506-4060-9EA0-D2C859A5F43A (resized).jpeg

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from themacguru:

Made this the other day while in a conference call.
Going to play with the colors will add UV led’s. Need to work on sizing also think it needs to be about a “1 wider on each side trim bottom up more also.
[quoted image]

i like it!

1 month later
#748 5 years ago

I started playing this game a lot recently but I’m looking for some advise . I think something might be out of adjustment . I avoid this shot as much as possible . The ball almost always goes right down the center unless I tilt . Pitch is 6.5 and level . Where does it land in your game ?

2B499E08-32B7-4CA6-AB81-D987A97B8196 (resized).jpeg2B499E08-32B7-4CA6-AB81-D987A97B8196 (resized).jpeg
#749 5 years ago

The ball traveling the opposite direct always hits the left flipper . Just looking for some advise before I start messing with the ball guide .

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

The ball traveling the opposite direct always hits the left flipper . Just looking for some advise before I start messing with the ball guide .

Can’t remember for certain but with the often missing blue rubber on that tight lane your result is often SDTM. I believe this was discussed Somewhere in this thread but it’s been some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.