cv2 (resized).jpg
1000023093 (resized).jpg
20240119_155917 (resized).jpg
20240119_155552 (resized).jpg
20240119_154416 (resized).jpg
20240119_155346 (resized).jpg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 45.
#651 6 years ago

yep, just get her dialed in, then enjoy.

#652 6 years ago

Does that neon work?

#653 6 years ago

the first time i played my CV, the ringmaster flung the ball up onto the multi-ball ramp

I was amazed, I thought it was on purpose

durrrr

#654 6 years ago

My ringmaster also throws the ball different directions at different times. The ball has landed in the high-wire ramp many times. Sometimes I will shake the ball off him to hit the Boom balloon.

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from BallyWilliams:

I'd just like to show off my own custom mod red back box bell. It's a high quality metal bell which I've made red and attatched using my own system though I was inspired by the awesome Namsan. This is the 2nd original revamp mod I've tried And I'll blog on it. The other is the long life high impact 2 tier gameplay menagerie ball. I'm impressed with myself haha

What is the 2 tier gameplay menagerie ball you speak of?

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Does that neon work?

Yes it does. Apparantly the transformer and ballast (i think thats right? I dont know much about neon) have just recently been replaced. The Neon is a very nice blue. Still waiting for the machine to be delivered im super excited.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from JReedie:

Yes it does. Apparantly the transformer and ballast (i think thats right? I dont know much about neon) have just recently been replaced. The Neon is a very nice blue. Still waiting for the machine to be delivered im super excited.

Want to trade neon for a very nice red?

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I have red. Can't stand it. Hope to get green or purple or tricolour....but red actually matches the playfield so there tech I shouldn't complain.

#660 6 years ago

Hey guys..

Just a PSA..

You're a d*ck if you replace the neon with a LED strip.

(I mean, you can still get neon tubes. New, they shouldn't cost a lot, and transformers are still EASILY available. They give off no heat, and come in a lot more neat colors than LEDs do.)

Thank you,
-Mike.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Absolutely, 100% positively not. Sorry haha. Ive never been a fan of the red ones. I wish you luck finding a new one though, im sure somebody somewhere must be able to reproduce it? And i totally agree with the anti-LED replacements. The LED strips look so lame compared to the warmth of a neon tube.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from JReedie:

Absolutely, 100% positively not. Sorry haha. Ive never been a fan of the red ones. I wish you luck finding a new one though, im sure somebody somewhere must be able to reproduce it? And i totally agree with the anti-LED replacements. The LED strips look so lame compared to the warmth of a neon tube.

I might not like red but led !!!!! Omg what is this madness! Are people actually doing that ?

There's lots of people doing every colour including mixed red and green and red green blue etc for about 100$. Well worth the investment.

#663 6 years ago

I bought a new plastic set for my cirqus voltaire and got a little plastic from which i have no idea where it belongs to. Does anybody know?

DSC09958 (resized).JPGDSC09958 (resized).JPG

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I bought a new plastic set for my cirqus voltaire and got a little plastic from which i have no idea where it belongs to. Does anybody know?

It goes in the spring weld meet in Ringmaster’s neck. It has the notch for the magnet and flasher lamp wire.

#665 6 years ago

Found a picture for mine from when I was doing disassembly.

D8F9982C-CFE8-4E42-A626-6042EE72A996 (resized).jpegD8F9982C-CFE8-4E42-A626-6042EE72A996 (resized).jpeg
02D00DB8-B4C5-416D-891B-B25B2C2D398C (resized).jpeg02D00DB8-B4C5-416D-891B-B25B2C2D398C (resized).jpeg

#666 6 years ago

Thanks!!

1 week later
#667 6 years ago

Here's a little video of my new Cirqus Voltaire playfield i got from Mirco (highclasspinball).

1 month later
#668 6 years ago

Cirqus people, I'm in need of some help in the backbox that is beyond my diagnostic skills. While changing the batteries this morning, when the first new battery was placed in the holder the playfield lights flashed and the game began restarting over and over. I turned it off and on a few times with the hopes a reset would straighten things out but it only got worse. Now the DMD is dark at startup, then after a minute or two the DMD displays the "loading" bar but never progresses any farther. I pulled and tested all fuses and they were fine. LEDs 501(flashing) and 100-105 (On) are operating correctly on the AV and Power Driver boards, but 201-203 on the CPU board are not. The manual states the following at startup: 201 (On), 202 (On), 203 (Off) which is what I'm seeing. Then, during normal operation 201 should turn off, 202 stays on, and 203 begins flashing, none of which I'm getting at all. Something is no longer loading correctly, could it be my security chip or game ROM?

CV Boards (resized).jpgCV Boards (resized).jpg

#669 6 years ago

I have these 2 parts left from a CV restoration. Does anybody know where they belong to? Thanks

CV parts (resized).JPGCV parts (resized).JPG

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Something is no longer loading correctly, could it be my security chip or game ROM?

After massaging U4, U9, and G10 I got it to boot up correctly again. After this incident I've tested all the solenoids and only #39 Motor Direction is nonresponsive, but I'm unsure of what it's supposed to be doing. Can someone run test on 39 and report on what I should be seeing?

#671 6 years ago

I was finally able to purchase a nice Cirqus Voltaire pinball machine and I am a very happy camper! As with all my other pins I make sure I have the latest game code and burn my own EPROMS as required. My new CV has the 2.0H FREE ONLY EPROM installed. However, I'm in the minority who prefers coin play and all my pins are set up that way. I'd prefer not to go back to 1.4 and instead would like to stay with 2.0 as there are huge feature enhancements. I understand there is CV 2.0HC which retains the coin code. Is there anyone willing to share this version? Or point me in the right direction?
Thanks for any and all help.
Terry Nelson

1 week later
#672 6 years ago

Has anyone else had a difficult time keeping leds in the slings? Mine pop out all the time, any solutions??

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Has anyone else had a difficult time keeping leds in the slings? Mine pop out all the time, any solutions??

Same thing was happening on my CV and I used electrical tape to "fatten" up the lamp so it fit tighter, under the wire of course. Someone also suggested a small drop of hot glue to hold it in place but I didn't select that option.

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Same thing was happening on my CV and I used electrical tape to "fatten" up the lamp so it fit tighter, under the wire of course. Someone also suggested a small drop of hot glue to hold it in place but I didn't select that option.

Thank you , I’ll try out the options

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I left those ones incandescent just because I liked the look a little more. I would be interested to find out what you do.

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I left those ones incandescent just because I liked the look a little more. I would be interested to find out what you do.

Comet Pinball LEDs have some ice blue that look amazing in there, I’ve used hot glue before, but they just pop out still, the old Bally sling 555 sockets hold leds super tight, I’m going to look for some to see if they fit and swap them out

#677 6 years ago

love comet ice blues. had them in BSD, CV and now TRON. never had the sling bulb issue. guess i was lucky.

#678 6 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club. Took a buddies CV just to work on a few issues we did a temp trade with my Stern Harley 3rd edition. After I started digging into it, I though out an offer with the Harley as trade also and he can back with a counter offer on a little more cash and now the deal is done.
Woke up early this morning and installed Comet LED's and it came out Great.
I Love Comet Ice Blue LED's also one of the only LED I will use for GI it looks great. I was trying to see if Comet would make there flame bulb with Ice Blue also that would look great.
Here's a pic after with the LED's. Only a few LED's where in this when I got it, someone installed purple and green sets under the sling shots and a few greens around the ringmaster. The slings seem ok not sure if I like the green around the ringmaster mainly because they are not frosted and you can see them so a little to bright they might get swapped out.

20180422_195618 (resized).jpg20180422_195618 (resized).jpg

20180422_212819 (resized).jpg20180422_212819 (resized).jpg

#679 6 years ago

Did a simple SearchTempest search for the entire US, and came up with this laughing cracker post about someone wanting $12,500 for a CV. I'm still rolling, but suspect that someone will actually pay for it at that price.

denver.craigslist.org link

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Did a simple SearchTempest search for the entire US, and came up with this laughing cracker post about someone wanting $12,500 for a CV. I'm still rolling, but suspect that someone will actually pay for it at that price.

To be honest, a HEP restored game is worth around that... you can’t get a beater CV for less than 6, and HEP isn’t cheap (but worth it). So, 12k is about what you’re pay to have one that nice.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Not a joke to most. An HEP restoration of what is listed as a Sample CV game will most Certainly pull those numbers. Looking at the other machines in his collection this is not an owner that abuses there machines either. If I didn't have one this would not be that crazy a purchase if they were slightly negotiable.

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Hey guys just joined the club. Took a buddies CV just to work on a few issues we did a temp trade with my Stern Harley 3rd edition. After I started digging into it, I though out an offer with the Harley as trade also and he can back with a counter offer on a little more cash and now the deal is done.
Woke up early this morning and installed Comet LED's and it came out Great.
I Love Comet Ice Blue LED's also one of the only LED I will use for GI it looks great. I was trying to see if Comet would make there flame bulb with Ice Blue also that would look great.
Here's a pic after with the LED's. Only a few LED's where in this when I got it, someone installed purple and green sets under the sling shots and a few greens around the ringmaster. The slings seem ok not sure if I like the green around the ringmaster mainly because they are not frosted and you can see them so a little to bright they might get swapped out.

Looks great. I got mine shopped with all cool frosted white LED. I could not even look at the playfield it was so bright! I replaced all the whites. I used mostly blue frosted, some purple frosted.

#683 6 years ago

Well, there you have it then...

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Looks great. I got mine shopped with all cool frosted white LED. I could not even look at the playfield it was so bright! I replaced all the whites. I used mostly blue frosted, some purple frosted.

I use a lot of Comet 2smd Sunlight. I did this CV with Sunlight for the GI and some of the inserts that aren't color matched and a few Ice Blue in a couple GI spots and used Warm white in the backbox and just didn't fill every spot in the backbox so it wouldn't be to bright.

Most of my WPC games have Sunlight a couple I used Warm White like Demo Man it just matched better and usually use Cool White in the newer pins like our Nascar and in backboxs also depends on the art but it takes some playing around and a lot of extra bulbs so you can experiment with it while your doing it and can use whichever looks best.

#685 6 years ago

I followed this guys restoration, his LED work was spot on

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-restoration-modding-blinbling

#686 6 years ago

Wow that's a Hell of a Restore. Going to try some of his mods, going to try that bell and see how annoying it is

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Wow that's a Hell of a Restore. Going to try some of his mods, going to try that bell and see how annoying it is

It’s perfect, you’ll like it

2 weeks later
#688 5 years ago

So got a question on the Status Dot for issues. I got this CV with a few issues and have been working through them, I keep getting issues with switches to check and then I check them in switch test and the issue goes away. The main switch that comes up is the left out lane seems to not get hit very often, Out lane post might be to closed but that's something for later to move.
This morning I thought I fixed every issue and played for almost 2 hours without a problem then came back after a little while and there it was Status Dot check switch for left out lane. Checked in matrix and it went away. Is there a setting to not give this warning that often. I know I had to turn off a setting like that in my Road Kings to not give a warning every time the game turned on and a switch had not been hit for X amount of games. Right now every couple hours I got to hit that switch in switch test.

#689 5 years ago

The Mod Couple welcomes home Cirqus Voltaire with our first CV Mod "The Ringmaster Custom Guard" kit. While we understand this is not a New concept no solutions appear to be available and we wanted to make a few refinements to make it perfect for such a Beautiful game! Each ring is produced with a Very tough Nylon material to ensure extreme durability and uniform color. For some added value and finesse we added Raised lettering to showcase the star of the show and hand painted each for a great custom theme look. The ring is specially designed with a split ring opening for an easy straight forward installation and will also accommodate standard playfields as well as ones that are clear coated and slightly smaller in diameter!! The Ringmaster guard is a Complete custom kit including a New replacement Ringmaster Spell Wow decal and a New ultra strong nylon black top Ringmaster disk for a completely Smooth ball travel and minimized air balls!! Simple installation with color image instructions. PM for interest and order. Kits shipping this week complete for $69 US Free shipping. Thanks to all for your interest in our products!!

IMG_1149 (resized).jpgIMG_1149 (resized).jpg

IMG_1148 (resized).jpgIMG_1148 (resized).jpg

IMG_1154 (resized).jpgIMG_1154 (resized).jpg

IMG_1147 (resized).jpgIMG_1147 (resized).jpg

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple welcomes home Cirqus Voltaire with our first CV Mod "The Ringmaster Custom Guard" kit. While we understand this is not a New concept no solutions appear to be available and we wanted to make a few refinements to make it perfect for such a Beautiful game! Each ring is produced with a Very tough Nylon material to ensure extreme durability and uniform color. For some added value and finesse we added Raised lettering to showcase the star of the show and hand painted each for a great custom theme look. The ring is specially designed with a split ring opening for an easy straight forward installation and will also accommodate standard playfields as well as ones that are clear coated and slightly smaller in diameter!! The Ringmaster guard is a Complete custom kit including a New replacement Ringmaster Spell Wow decal and a New ultra strong nylon black top Ringmaster disk for a completely Smooth ball travel and minimized air balls!! Simple installation with color image instructions. PM for interest and order. Kits shipping this week complete for $69 US Free shipping. Thanks to all for your interest in our products!!

Finally! Just ordered; very excited to get this installed on my restored CV.

Marc

#691 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nice!
Will you be selling them without the words in there?

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Nice!
Will you be selling them without the words in there?

We could but it really adds a nice personal touch and realistically its not that pronounced to cause a distraction. We used the correct playfield colors for both the green and yellow lettering. IF it really bothered you, you could technically simply rotate the ring 180 and put the words to the front of the ring. Then the only way you would see them is if you were sitting on the back box. lol They really did turn out sharp and protect an otherwise chipped up wood edge. We sincerely appreciate all the interest people have shown for this mod. Thank You!

The Mod Couple

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm very interested for many reasons, one of which is to get rid of the banged up edges of the metal top. I too would like to see the inner ring either blank or with Jackpot instead of the game title. I have the near mirror finish bottom cup in mine so rotating the ring may just lead to me seeing it reflected backward (or would it be forwards, I don't know, I don't really know mirrors) but I'm still likely to order one just to check it out as I love my CV.

Edit, could you post a detailed picture or two of this installed and the RM in the down position?

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm very interested for many reasons, one of which is to get rid of the banged up edges of the metal top. I too would like to see the inner ring either blank or with Jackpot instead of the game title. I have the near mirror finish bottom cup in mine so rotating the ring may just lead to me seeing it reflected backward (or would it be forwards, I don't know, I don't really know mirrors) but I'm still likely to order one just to check it out as I love my CV.
Edit, could you post a detailed picture or two of this installed and the RM in the down position?

Absolutely I'll get some additional photos tomorrow. While my wife loves CV as much as me she frowns on my firing up the games at midnight. lol With the new disk topper you should never need to worry about a dented ring edge and the platform is now pretty much flat so it cuts down on air balls to the wow plastic behind. As a temporary work around I could also offer the ring with the raised lettering only not painted. Would be there but much less noticeable. Just a thought.

#695 5 years ago

Picture of the complete assembly in the lowered position. Ringmaster lowers flush with playfield minimizing air balls and adds a clean look to both the playfield and worn edge of ringmaster hole. Let us know if there are any questions.

The Mod Couple

IMG_1161 (resized).jpgIMG_1161 (resized).jpg

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Picture of the complete assembly in the lowered position. Ringmaster lowers flush with playfield minimizing air balls and adds a clean look to both the playfield and worn edge of ringmaster hole. Let us know if there are any questions.
The Mod Couple

The product looks awesome, however I also don’t care for the title on the ring. Do you plan on making different colors as well?

#697 5 years ago

Does anyone know how much dollar value a "Sample" version has over a production?

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Does anyone know how much dollar value a "Sample" version has over a production?

I assume your referring to one thats for sale right now.
I'm not sure I personally place much of a premium on it above what a normal machine is worth.
Maybe there are people that do, but I'm not one of them.
The problem is that the machine is already so much money, how much can it actually ad to the value.
Don't get me wrong, its interesting as hell and its a neat part of the games history.
But frankly from what I can tell, its just subtle changes in the play field (wording and such).
I have a CV, and wouldn't care either way if it was an early "sample" or not.
It does make a more interesting conversation piece though.

#699 5 years ago

I was just wondering what the market price should be for a sample machine in great condition. I know that the ad is asking for a lot. Figured this group would have the best idea. Do you think the machine is on the list to be remade?

3 weeks later
#700 5 years ago

http://revolutionarypinball.com
http://revolutionarypinball.com/proddetail.php?prod=cvring_prot

A long time in the making, and after considerable effort by Frank, the original CV Ringmaster hole protector is back on the market available again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,236 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/14?hl=jreedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.