Topic Stats

• 988 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 303 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9ce97190fb22c17a618ecb05dcd86cf4f97dd08a (resized).jpg
58bb5095365d7d438cec40546761dd184b026709 (resized).jpg
91CF84AF-11ED-48B3-B97F-41F5D8805DE2 (resized).jpeg
9A07B4A6-ED3B-495B-BED3-4C3E9AC7A453 (resized).png
A36705C7-01B4-422E-AEC2-4D333B36E7C9 (resized).png
446B7262-BABD-4F15-BB6B-42F2FE4BA727.jpeg
5240D685-75F6-4953-90BB-C1B5DDC50870.jpeg
E8B5D6B4-2EDB-4648-8F6B-1AC3F69ECFF4.jpeg
FC438DA8-5576-4238-ACAB-12B6F12B638E.jpeg
E002E334-2195-4CFA-A231-EED0430CB2D2 (resized).jpeg
D8848BFE-2B9E-4E93-899A-5BC3C434936F (resized).jpeg
B268BFD0-65B2-4004-A4C7-9E27FE957E24 (resized).jpeg
19A3E431-DCAC-42CA-B38E-5A5C01F1732C (resized).jpeg
D4AF89C1-BA88-4BED-9706-D27E6ED17BD2 (resized).jpeg
3BD76F25-EBA7-4889-A5AB-A1EBE3F86EA1 (resized).jpeg
20190821_173149 (resized).jpg

There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.
#551 2 years ago

Howdy-

I'm rebuilding my Boom! balloon assembly, & there are 2 things that don't seem right.

1: The manual shows 1X item 57, 23-6626 Grommet, between the bumper body & cap ("Boom" plastic). My game had no grommets, just 1 small shim (Velcro?) between the bumper body & cap at the hole closer to the point of the teardrop (the screw closer to the flippers).
Are there supposed to be 2 of these grommets? For shock absorption?

2: For the little lamp PCB assembly, item 16, is there anything holding it in place, apart from its 2 wires? It was rather cockeyed when I opened up the pop bumper, but I have it sitting a bit better now. Just seeing if it should have some further retention.

Thanks,
-Jason

Boom (resized).JPG

#552 2 years ago

Hi all,
Do you think CGC will do a remake of CV?

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Howdy-
I'm rebuilding my Boom! balloon assembly, & there are 2 things that don't seem right.
1: The manual shows 1X item 57, 23-6626 Grommet, between the bumper body & cap ("Boom" plastic). My game had no grommets, just 1 small shim (Velcro?) between the bumper body & cap at the hole closer to the point of the teardrop (the screw closer to the flippers).
2: For the little lamp PCB assembly, item 16, is there anything holding it in place, apart from its 2 wires? It was rather cockeyed when I opened up the pop bumper, but I have it sitting a bit better now. Just seeing if it should have some further retention.
Thanks,
-Jason

1. Just one rubber grommet, on the bottom hole. The grommet is used to 'level' the plastic so that it's flush with the playfield.
2. No, it just sat in the bottom of the bumper body.

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Howdy-
Thanks,
-Jason

I didn't have the rubber grommet in mine, so I used a small folded piece of paper.
Also, coyote is right, it just lays in there stupidly.

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Hi all,
Do you think CGC will do a remake of CV?

I'd consider a brand new one if I could. I love the gameplay.

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I'd consider a brand new one if I could. I love the gameplay.

Seconded , CV 2,700 games not that many. I owned one I bought in 1998 . Never should have sold it. The home ROM really makes CV even better.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I didn't have the rubber grommet in mine, so I used a small folded piece of paper.
Also, coyote is right, it just lays in there stupidly.

Ah, I see. The sot-tipped set screw at the bottom of the assembly controls the height of the pop bumper (essentially where the rear screw attaches the cap plastic to the body), then the front screw w/ grommet (or substitute) can be adjusted to bring the front edge of the plastic up or down to align it.

Clever!

Thanks,
-Jason

2 weeks later
#559 2 years ago

I have a gorgeous restored CV for sale in market if anyone is looking. new everything with cleared playfield.

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have a gorgeous restored CV for sale in market if anyone is looking. new everything with cleared playfield.

Do you have some pictures of it? It's not like I need two of them, but I geek out on pictures of these machines

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do you have some pictures of it? It's not like I need two of them, but I geek out on pictures of these machines

I have a ad on pinside with pictures

#562 2 years ago

hi all,
my understanding is when you hit more times the menagerie you get another marvel. is it possible to delete this funtion? to make harder the game? i use the home rom.
thanks in advance

#563 2 years ago

if you hit the center ramp when spot marvel is lit, you get quick marvels. i don't know anything about the menagerie doing that.

#564 2 years ago

thank you. How can it be lit?

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

thank you. How can it be lit?

The right inlane temporarily lights it, and defeating RM Razz (I believe?) permanently lights it.

#566 2 years ago

thank you!

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The right insane temporarily lights it, and defeating RM Razz (I believe.) Permanently lights it..

"Inlane in the membrane".... LOL

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

"Inlane in the membrane".... LOL

Bwaha. I didn't even notice my phone autocorrected that. D'oh! Fixed.

2 weeks later
#569 2 years ago

Hey all - I've been unable to get the Cannonball Luck switch in the backbox to work reliably (if at all). This of course displays a switch error every time the pin boots. Bending the switch wire out further so the ball will trigger the switch causes the ball to get stuck. Another post suggested adding weight to the ball, but someone else mentioned that the additional weight may cause the solenoid bracket to crack the plastic. Another suggestion was to add a second ball, but that would double the weight also. Does anyone have a definitive solution for this? Thanks!

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey all - I've been unable to get the Cannonball Luck switch in the backbox to work reliably (if at all). This of course displays a switch error every time the pin boots. Bending the switch wire out further so the ball will trigger the switch causes the ball to get stuck. Another post suggested adding weight to the ball, but someone else mentioned that the additional weight may cause the solenoid bracket to crack the plastic. Another suggestion was to add a second ball? Does anyone have a definitive solution for this? Thanks!

I just bent the switch until it was just so. It took a lot of tries, but I eventually found it.

#571 2 years ago

Try switching the pegs that the switch actuator is mounted on, on the switch body.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Try switching the pegs that the switch actuator is mounted on, on the switch body.

I've tried that. Also tried bending the wire. I even tried removing one of the screws holding the switch body and using some double-stick tape and the single screw, angled the body to reduce the dead spot before the switch activates. Still no luck. I guess I just haven't hit the sweet spot yet. Maybe I need to bend the wire at the elbow so rather than angling backward it continues to extend forward? I'm just concerned the wire will snap.

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I've tried that. Also tried bending the wire. I even tried removing one of the screws holding the switch body and using some double-stick tape and the single screw, angled the body to reduce the dead spot before the switch activates. Still no luck. I guess I just haven't hit the sweet spot yet. Maybe I need to bend the wire at the elbow so rather than angling backward it continues to extend forward? I'm just concerned the wire will snap.

Have you checked the wire plug that goes from the backbox to the head?

#574 2 years ago

Try a new switch?

#575 2 years ago

yeah, sometimes you just need a new switch.

#576 2 years ago

That's a good idea - I'll try a different switch. Thanks.

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

That's a good idea - I'll try a different switch. Thanks.

I replaced my switch and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

#578 2 years ago

Just joined the club. I've been after a CV for some time. Just picked up an HUO. Goody bag still stapled to bottom of cab and original spare bulbs and manuals included. A little ghosting on some inserts, but seemed to be common on this title.

file-37 (3) (resized).jpeg
file-34 (6) (resized).jpeg
file-34 (5) (resized).jpeg
file-37 (4) (resized).jpeg
file-29 (8) (resized).jpeg
file-39 (2) (resized).jpeg
file-44 (resized).jpeg
file-41 (1) (resized).jpeg
file-42 (1) (resized).jpeg
file-28 (6) (resized).jpeg
file-46 (resized).jpeg
file-45 (resized).jpeg
file-47 (resized).jpeg

#579 2 years ago

Looks great! Nice pickup!

#580 2 years ago

Welcome to the club! What color is your neon.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Welcome to the club! What color is your neon.

Thanks! It's blue.

#582 2 years ago

Want to trade?

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Want to trade?

I'm going to keep it in there for now. What color is yours? I didn't realize they came with so many different colors. I realize this may be subjective, but what seems to look best on the game? What about the multi-color? Is that too much?

Anyway, I'm just having so much fun with this game. It seems like a fairly straight forward rule set, but what a mechanical marvel and great in the looks department as well!

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I'm going to keep it in there for now. What color is yours? I didn't realize they came with so many different colors. I realize this may be subjective, but what seems to look best on the game? What about the multi-color? Is that too much?

When I started making the custom neons, purple was most popular, followed by multi-colored neons (of various colors..)

#585 2 years ago

Hey guys,
Finally joined the club. I've done some light reading on this issue but figured I'd ask as well. Having some issues with high wire lock dumping multiple balls. The switches are rollover style, all register properly on switch edge test. If I happen to already have another ball or two locked up there before the 1st lock, its always dumping out all of them when it should be just one for the kickout.
The bottom attachment near up/down post has the small white washer installed, the next up nut attachment does not.

Does the wire guide of the ramp typically need to be bent down really close to where the 1st ball locks? Or is it a case where the up/down post is too slow?

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

When I started making the custom neons, purple was most popular, followed by multi-colored neons (of various colors..)

You make those? Really cool? I like the thought of purple. Where does one find one?

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Hey guys,
Finally joined the club. I've done some light reading on this issue but figured I'd ask as well. Having some issues with high wire lock dumping multiple balls. The switches are rollover style, all register properly on switch edge test. If I happen to already have another ball or two locked up there before the 1st lock, its always dumping out all of them when it should be just one for the kickout.
The bottom attachment near up/down post has the small white washer installed, the next up nut attachment does not.
Does the wire guide of the ramp typically need to be bent down really close to where the 1st ball locks? Or is it a case where the up/down post is too slow?

yeah, kinda sounds like the post is slow. rebuild that assembly or remove the plastic lift piece from the middle of the ramp, if you have it.

#588 2 years ago

You make those? Really cool? I like the thought of purple. Where does one find one?

Don't make them anymore. Neon is a dying art and the company I was learning from and making these shut down.

If you have your original, take it to a neon shop (some commercial sign shops do neon..) and tell them you'd like to have one made matching the original's pattern. Ask to see what inventory thru have, and go to town.

#589 2 years ago

Thinking of buying CV. What is the current price for HUO and in excellent condition? How are the scrolls attached to the cabinet head?

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, kinda sounds like the post is slow. rebuild that assembly or remove the plastic lift piece from the middle of the ramp, if you have it.

I'll check how steep I have the pin setup currently, but its pretty fast. I don't have the spacer in the middle of the ramp, but there is one right at the end where the balls roll out at.

Will check the post mech and see if its sluggish. Thanks.
If there are balls already locked up there, at least one from a prior game or player, and another gets sent up (for the actual 1st lock for that player), I'll often here Ball 1 locked, followed immediately by a 2nd Ball 1 locked callout. Would be the additional balls popping the 1st one up in the air just enough to cause the game to get confused? I do see the 1st one rise up a little bit. Would bending the wire form down a bit improve and eliminate the double callout?

#591 2 years ago

i had all my issues fixed for the high wire after moving the arms on the switches to the inside nub, closest to the button. check that.

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i had all my issues fixed for the high wire after moving the arms on the switches to the inside nub, closest to the button. check that.

Will do tonight, thanks!

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Hey guys,

I’ve had this problem, but it only seems to happen on multiplayer games. I always figured the computer had gotten confused. With two physical ball lock systems (juggler and highwire) CV does a good job of keeping track of things. Also, sometimes I think it has dropped both balls off the highwire wireform if I just made my fifth ramp shot with one ball already on the highwire and started strike an arc multiball.

On a similar note, I notice in the pinball arcade software version of Cirqus Voltaire, at the beginning of highwire multiball all the balls roll off the wireform together in a bunch. On my CV it drops each one separately each time the post going back up shortly before releasing the next ball. Do all non-virtual CVs drop the balls separately or is there a menu setting I have overlooked which adjusts this ?

#594 2 years ago

mine dropped all 3 at the same time. software maybe? pretty sure i was running the home rom.

#595 2 years ago

Same here. Drops all three at once. One thing I suggest is going into game settings and set it to release all locked balls immediately at game over. I'm also on 2.0 home ROMs.

#596 2 years ago

what color was the original neon?

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

what color was the original neon?

There were about 5 different colors form the factory. Was semi-randomized by game. Same with the Menagerie ball.

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Same here. Drops all three at once. One thing I suggest is going into game settings and set it to release all locked balls immediately at game over. I'm also on 2.0 home ROMs.

Changed that last night and it certainly helps. Tried moving the ramp all over the place. Removed the spacer from the front-most attachment and that helped get the post higher in relation to the wire guide above the balls. In the end added a small amount of double sided tape on the bottom side of the wire guide where ball 1 sits. That was just enough to keep it from popping off roller switch and having it dump the balls correctly. I'll grab some crescent wrenches soon and bend it down a little to eliminate the need for tape.
PITA to adjust the high wire ramp
Thanks for the tips!

#599 2 years ago

Anyway, I'm just having so much fun with this game. It seems like a fairly straight forward rule set, but what a mechanical marvel and great in the looks department as well!

Mine is red. I really like the blue and purple ones. I think coyote has the right idea, I’ve Just had crap luck finding a neon shop in town.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I’ve had this problem, but it only seems to happen on multiplayer games. I always figured the computer had gotten confused. With two physical ball lock systems (juggler and highwire) CV does a good job of keeping track of things. Also, sometimes I think it has dropped both balls off the highwire wireform if I just made my fifth ramp shot with one ball already on the highwire and started strike an arc multiball.
On a similar note, I notice in the pinball arcade software version of Cirqus Voltaire, at the beginning of highwire multiball all the balls roll off the wireform together in a bunch. On my CV it drops each one separately each time the post going back up shortly before releasing the next ball. Do all non-virtual CVs drop the balls separately or is there a menu setting I have overlooked which adjusts this ?

No matter how many times I play the game, I cannot predict what it will do with the high wire ramp. My switches and roll are perfect. It always tracks the correct number of balls on the ramp, yet occasionally it decides to release all three when it needs to release just one. I’ve seen it release a single ball, so I know it works, but it never seems to do this when the game is calling for only a single ball. If you add in multiple players, all bets are off!

I would love to understand the logic around this, and discover if there is a way to test the single ball release event.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
PinSound
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside