KP2 (resized).jpg
Screen-Shot-2018-03-14-at-8.30.16-PM (resized).png
KP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180314-165031 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180314-165001 (resized).jpg
img097 (resized).jpg
KP2 (resized).jpg
KP1 (resized).jpg
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Thanks for the input compy and pkiefert. I can say from playing an original many times over the years that I'm not sure that the slot machine opto stuff was ever fully nailed down from the get go. On the one I've played, when it's the girl asking you to "Shoot for the Cherries, Kid" and you get back to the hotel saucer, there are times when the reels spin a few full rotations before it finally stops and the game reacts, with DMD animations and everything. There were even times where the reels would stop on a different symbol than what the DMD animation and callouts would display.

If the hardware syncing of the reels is that much of a problem, maybe forget about it. Maybe, instead just have the code talk to an "emulated" wheel, feeding back to the game generated wheel encodings. That same board could in turn drive a small display "emulating" the slot reels that matched the encoding (so both always in sync).

Plus, free screen in Hotel Lex for other cool things

#102 5 years ago

Hotel Lex retro signage and graphics in the screen - cool idea

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

More
If the hardware syncing of the reels is that much of a problem, maybe forget about it. Maybe, instead just have the code talk to an "emulated" wheel, feeding back to the game generated wheel encodings. That same board could in turn drive a small display "emulating" the slot reels that matched the encoding (so both always in sync).
Plus, free screen in Hotel Lex for other cool things

Interesting thought, but my initial reaction is that keeping the original, mechanical slot machine is pretty important.

#104 5 years ago

just opened my package and stoked with #160 translite - looks great

thanks guys

#105 5 years ago

Why is the Capcom logo missing on our translites ? Copyright issues ?

kingpin-pinball_6830 (resized).jpgkingpin-pinball_6830 (resized).jpg
#106 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Why is the Capcom logo missing on our translites ? Copyright issues ?

The simple answer is we are not Capcom. This will be a Circus Maximus game.

Similar to how Chicago Gamings MMr and AFMr are CGC games and don’t carry the Bally/Williams logos on the backglass like the originals did.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Interesting thought, but my initial reaction is that keeping the original, mechanical slot machine is pretty important.

I understand why you would think that and I had the same thought when I read the post about changing to a screen.

I do wonder if the timing is so critical/tricky...what's going to happen in a few weeks/months/years when the reel motor and mechanism gets worn, dirty and gummed up? The slot syncing will probably hardly ever work.

Maybe that's not going to be an issue with these mostly going into homes and getting limited play. It is a thought to perhaps keep in mind for ease of cleaning or shielding to keep contamination to the mechanism at a minimum.

Robert

#108 5 years ago

I really enjoyed playing this at the SFGE this weekend!

I'm really looking forward to this being made!

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

The simple answer is we are not Capcom. This will be a Circus Maximus game.
Similar to how Chicago Gamings MMr and AFMr are CGC games and don’t carry the Bally/Williams logos on the backglass like the originals did.

Okay !
I was just wondering due the translite hangs side by side with a BBB translite from Gene and there is the Capcom logo on
That means you have the right to build this machines but not using the Capcom logo due Capcom is still a brand.

Thanks !

2 months later
#110 5 years ago

... seems I ask too much

#111 5 years ago

Anybody seen any updates seems like it has almost been dead silence since Texas as far as updates?

#112 5 years ago

I'd guess next sighting and major updates will be Expo. They're not selling spots (except the limited run of translite buyers getting first dibs). So their time is probably better spent working, rather than trailing round every show or writing / videoing updates.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody seen any updates seems like it has almost been dead silence since Texas as far as updates?

I got updates (via eMail) in June and July, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's an update pretty soon.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anything but dead on our side. The second the game landed back in Atlanta (I'm in Austin), we were right back on Face Time and getting to work on fixing a slew of bugs and adding new enhancements for Southern Fried Gameroom Expo, which was in June.

We've been hard at work preparing new features for the upcoming fall shows, and the rest of the team has also been working on other logistics such as new rules design, building out the bill of materials, parts acquisition, vendor negotiations and all of the fun stuff that goes into building these things!

The fall show schedule is a bit crazy this year, so we're also in the process of figuring out where the game will be and who will be going to what shows. Houston being on the same weekend as "expo" this year doesn't really make things easy either, but hey, we'll manage

-- Jimmy

#115 5 years ago

Hopefully, the game will be true to original. Electronics excepted of course.

1 week later
#116 5 years ago

Anyone receive an update for September none here

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

With Expo being right around the corner, you probably won't hear much until then.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sorry everyone. I was out of the country until yesterday evening, so we did not send a newsletter out around the first of the month like normal.

There will be a newsletter in the next week or two though.

As far as upcoming dates which the game will be at: Pinball Expo in Chicago in October and Free Play Florida in Orlando in November. Those are the last two shows for the year most likely.

Paul

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Sorry everyone. I was out of the country until yesterday evening, so we did not send a newsletter out around the first of the month like normal.
There will be a newsletter in the next week or two though.
As far as upcoming dates which the game will be at: Pinball Expo in Chicago in October and Free Play Florida in Orlando in November. Those are the last two shows for the year most likely.
Paul

Paul thanks for the update brother I am so excited for this game it’s my dream game and never thought I could ever own; can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for us at expo

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Paul thanks for the update brother I am so excited for this game it’s my dream game and never thought I could ever own; can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for us at expo

AMEN !! Would like to see this game on Dutch Pinball Open

2 months later
#121 5 years ago

Any footage from Free Play Florida?

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Any footage from Free Play Florida?

I think Pingeek took some of the game early in the show. Not sure if anyone else did.

Oh, Al Warner recorded our seminar with Stan Fukuoka, so I'd expect that will become available at some point. I'll ping him later today.

Paul

2 months later
#123 5 years ago

#124 5 years ago

#125 5 years ago

#126 5 years ago

Thanks for posting these videos, looking forward to to watching them tonight.

#127 5 years ago

Enjoyed watching the seminar video. Hopefully the team will issue an update with more recent news sometime soon. I've bought a translite and eagerly await the chance to purchase a game.

1 month later
#128 5 years ago

Hoping they have news at Texas show ?

1 week later
#129 5 years ago

From 2:00 ish to 46:00 ish

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/400129332

2 months later
#130 4 years ago

On their facebook page:
''We’ve been a bit quiet lately here on Facebook, but rest assured we are still rocking and rolling on Kingpin.

James and Paul are flying high-class on Spirit Airlines to LA for some detailed engineering today.

Circus Maximus trips are always an adventure so it should be a crazy several days on the west coast!

Our next show will be in Atlanta at SFGE July 12-14th, we hope to see a lot of you there!''

4 months later
#131 4 years ago

in case you missed it last March

1 month later
#132 4 years ago

ups
wrong thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-big-city-kidkingpin-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.