KP2 (resized).jpg
Screen-Shot-2018-03-14-at-8.30.16-PM (resized).png
KP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180314-165031 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180314-165001 (resized).jpg
img097 (resized).jpg
KP2 (resized).jpg
KP1 (resized).jpg
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

I’m in the club translite also!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Not sure. I may try and do it from my phone, but not sure if I’ll have time to sort all of that out.

Even if its not live,you plan to record part of it?

#53 6 years ago

Its Friday and Kingpin should be there! We want video! We want video!

#54 6 years ago

For the love of god, VGC - edit the topic title to put a space after the !

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For the love of god, VGC - edit the topic title to put a space after the !

They only had one space left and they used it on the LE art so we could have "King pin"

#56 6 years ago

Just joined Club Translite

1 week later
#57 6 years ago

Just got the email #118 here

#58 6 years ago

#116 here I can’t wat

#60 6 years ago

was on the original Gene list and now snagged a signed translite - #160

#61 6 years ago

Well done. I'm waiting for them to reopen the ordering for these, hopefully sometime soon.

#62 6 years ago

#98 YEAH!!!!

#64 6 years ago

Looking forward for this project and will be in for the pin !

#65 6 years ago

#66 6 years ago

#67 6 years ago

#140. I'm curious when it arrives here in Austria.

#68 6 years ago

I was wondering,plan to put a gun handle/plunger as the original flyer from Gene shows?:

KP2 (resized).jpgKP2 (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago

that would be cool, if era appropriate - hard to tell what sort of gun is on it there in Gene's images

#70 6 years ago

I just hope the game gets made. I'd take one with a gun trigger or plunger . . . not sure about a push button start though. . .

#71 6 years ago

A 1911 grip as Shadow used could be great

#72 6 years ago

We haven’t looked at the options for the plunger yet, but the original had only a launch button. The play field would need changes in that area to change it to a manual plunger, so that is less likely than a trigger of some sort.

1 week later
#73 6 years ago

Someone know the translite size?Same as BBB?

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Someone know the translite size?Same as BBB?

Same size.

LTG : )

#75 6 years ago

#76 6 years ago

I'm sending an update out to all of the purchasers tonight, but I wanted to post a quick update here since we have quite a few purchasers from here and it's been brought up.
The short version is:
Translites through #103 will ship tomorrow.
Translites through #153 will ship late next week.
Translites after #153 will ship late April.
I'm including a Key Fob promo plastic with each of them as a thank you for your patience.
The longer story is we have only been able to get about 50 a week printed, shipped to Chicago for signatures, and shipped back to us. Round trip from the time they are printed at the printer, make their trip to Chicago, get signed, and then returned to us is in Atlanta is around two weeks start to finish.
The good news is that we are getting them weekly at this point since each batch was sent out a week apart and we are now on the receiving side of that two weeks.
Paul

#77 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Paul. Any estimate on when the next batch will be posted for sale?

#78 6 years ago

thanks heaps for the update Paul, truthful communication is the key and with that people are patient and happy

and thanks heaps as a key fob is a nice bonus

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for the update Paul. Any estimate on when the next batch will be posted for sale?

Not until every one of the original orders have shipped and we have them available for immediate shipping.

My guess is the first week of May we will turn sales on again.

Paul

#80 6 years ago

As swinks said,thanks for the key fob,nice addition!

#81 6 years ago

Thanks for the update ... forget my PM

1 month later
#82 5 years ago

Just ordered my translight. Keep up the good work guys.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I posted this in the other thread, but all orders from around TPF have now shipped, so we've opened up the orders again for the remaining translites with quick shipment.

http://www.circusmaximusgames.com/product/kingpin-signed-limited-edition-translite

Paul

#84 5 years ago

I just got mine #169

#85 5 years ago

#167 arrived on Tuesday...bring on the game!!!! Excited....

#86 5 years ago

Picked up #176 today. Now the wait...

#87 5 years ago

Mine arrived also well after 3 weeks in German customs ....
Looks nice but the material looks more than a vinyl print than a translight.
Very nice collectors item for decoration !

#88 5 years ago

I got #171!

#89 5 years ago

#125, can't wait!!

#90 5 years ago

Maybe I missed it somewhere in between the two threads about the new Kingpin, but have the Circus Maximus guys figured out the slot machine opto mechanics and coding? I know that was a sticking point for vegemite_nick who was building his Kingpin from scratch...

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Maybe I missed it somewhere in between the two threads about the new Kingpin, but have the Circus Maximus guys figured out the slot machine opto mechanics and coding? I know that was a sticking point for vegemite_nick who was building his Kingpin from scratch...

We have it mechanically the same as the original. Even using the exact same motor, etc. The opto works fine. It's not perfect yet, but it does work. Right now it has to do with the timing between the emulation and the original roms since all of the CPU timing and data bus timing were guesses originally when the Capcom emulation was done so many years ago. We've been hooking up scopes to an original board set to get all of that tweaked and set correctly.

Luckily the original emulation was done by a friend of the project, so he's been helpful filling in the blanks when Jimmy has questions.

Paul

#92 5 years ago

Speaking further to Paul's point, which was extremely well made, the emulation side of things has been trying at times and a complete blast at others. When I had a call with the original emulation developers, I was really surprised when they said "Yeah, for a few of those timing cycles we guessed and tweaked until things looked good."

I am really amazed at the tricks that the pinmame crew has had to pull out of a hat in order to get emulation of so many platforms working as well as it does. The Capcom system has an FPGA on the board whose functions are largely unknown. Many of the interrupts between the various CPUs are managed directly by that FPGA, and the original pinmame implementation had to double the emulation speed of the CPU so that the DMD frames appeared at the correct speed. In adjusting these interrupt timings and completely reimplementing parts of the emulation stack for MC68000, we've been able to get the emulation speed back to the original CPU specs. This has all been the result of us setting up test hardware from original games so we can see how the timing works between the boards. The system was far far ahead of its time, and has been a fun thing to emulate.

Once we get everything tweaked, we look forward to giving these optimizations and enhancements to the PinMAME team so that the emulation as a whole benefits.

Referring to the slot machine: VPin and Future Pinball completely fake the timing of the slot machine. The slot positioning is sensed by a series of opto interruptors printed on the reel strip. The motor spins at around 30rpms, and the timing slots are extremely tight. As such, if there's any delay in emulation or if the timing isn't right, it doesn't take much of a skip for the computer to just lose its mind as to where the reel actually is. We've had to make several code adjustments to compensate and auto-correct in the event of something happening. In talking with the Pinball Arcade team, they've had to do similar things, so the pain isn't just ours thankfully

</Nerdery>

-- Jimmy

#93 5 years ago

What time is the KingPin lecture this weekend at the SFGE?

I didn't see it listed on the schedule.

Thanks!

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

What time is the KingPin lecture this weekend at the SFGE?
I didn't see it listed on the schedule.
Thanks!

New updated e-mail sent out this evening:

Saturday morning from 10:30 to 11:30!

#95 5 years ago

#179 arrived this morning! Looking forward to the opportunity to own a complete game.

#96 5 years ago

Thanks for the input Compy and @pkiefert. I can say from playing an original many times over the years that I'm not sure that the slot machine opto stuff was ever fully nailed down from the get go. On the one I've played, when it's the girl asking you to "Shoot for the Cherries, Kid" and you get back to the hotel saucer, there are times when the reels spin a few full rotations before it finally stops and the game reacts, with DMD animations and everything. There were even times where the reels would stop on a different symbol than what the DMD animation and callouts would display.

#97 5 years ago

An interesting idea that was mentioned at TPF was having two versions of the game installed. One an emulation of the original and the other a new version based on the original but with added rules, animations etc. If that were to happen I’m sure at least for that version the slot could be made function much better.

Hardware emulation can be challenging, It’s too bad it not as simple as hooking into the programs call for say cherries then having a seperate slot api just handle it as they were never designed that way. Ya gotta instead try and trick the original program into thinking it’s dealing with original hardware and it’s not going to tell you what it’s going for ahead of time.

Anyway... also getting more and more excited for this game. Such great callouts too, love that whistle!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Thanks for the input compy and pkiefert. I can say from playing an original many times over the years that I'm not sure that the slot machine opto stuff was ever fully nailed down from the get go. On the one I've played, when it's the girl asking you to "Shoot for the Cherries, Kid" and you get back to the hotel saucer, there are times when the reels spin a few full rotations before it finally stops and the game reacts, with DMD animations and everything. There were even times where the reels would stop on a different symbol than what the DMD animation and callouts would display.

Yep, we see the same thing on ours. Sometimes it will sit in the saucer for a very long time, but we see the switch get passed to the emulator, so it is the original code that is doing it.

We did get it to happen less with some of our timing tweaks, but it still happens some.

Jimmy has been pretty creative with a bit of a hybrid of emulation vs controlling it via our bridge software, which helps some too.

But we have some cool ideas for the Hotel Lex area to really kick it up a notch, but it will be a couple more months before we reveal any of that.

Paul

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

New updated e-mail sent out this evening:
Saturday morning from 10:30 to 11:30!

I may have been wrong, as it's now listed as 11:30 to 12:30 I think in the app and in the SFGE newsletter that just went out. In either case, they will likely have it posted on the schedules around SFGE too.

Paul

#100 5 years ago

Our enamel pins arrived just in time for SFGE. Check these out!

We will have these in our booth at the show and up in our storefront shortly.

Paul

kingpin-finished (resized).pngkingpin-finished (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-big-city-kidkingpin-club/page/2?hl=rattmuscle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.