Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vegemite_nick
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171013_221925 (resized).jpg
20171001_171250 (resized).jpg
20170930_064811 (resized).jpg
20141226_095136_(resized).jpg
20150121_203803_(resized).jpeg
20150121_203706_(resized).jpeg
20160222_092357_(resized).jpg
_DSC0159-X3_(resized).jpg
spagetti_(resized).jpg
finished_top_(resized).jpg
finished_bottom_(resized).jpg
switch_wiring_(resized).JPG
switch_loom_(resized).JPG
switch_loom_wiring_guide_(resized).JPG
playfield_top_early_(resized).JPG
shooter_finished_(resized).jpg

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

LTG bump

1 month later
#52 2 years ago

Any progress with the controlled lamps?

1 week later
#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any progress with the controlled lamps?

I did the work to map them out, and have prepared some of the wiring. I stopped as I don't have a router, and after looking into the skills needed (and measuring that against my complete lack of woodworking ability), things ground to a halt. Working on a couple of restorations at the moment, possibly come back to this after those are complete.

#54 2 years ago

Someone with a cnc router get this guy a playfield cut!

6 months later
#56 2 years ago

I wish this game was made available or planetary build this instead of AFMr

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

+1

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

+1

Hope to see KPr someday...

#59 2 years ago

My money is ready for KPr

6 months later
#60 1 year ago

Let there be light!

20170930_064811 (resized).jpg

#61 1 year ago

20171001_171250 (resized).jpg

#62 1 year ago

Excellent work, I missed this thread initially. Thanks for uploading the video of your whitewood, looks like a great game with lots of flow and some great sounds,voice and dots. Fingers cross this gets built sometime soon and made available to order. Good luck with your build.

#63 1 year ago

Thanks 73 it is a very fun game, really looking forward to playing it again with lamps as there are some really good effects in this game

#64 1 year ago

Are you considering doing a playfield overlay? I;ve seen NOS playfields over the years. It shouldn't be too hard to get the art for an overlay. It would be awesome to play this with the artwork installed.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are you considering doing a playfield overlay? I;ve seen NOS playfields over the years. It shouldn't be too hard to get the art for an overlay. It would be awesome to play this with the artwork installed.

The issue is obtaining a quality scan. Can't see one of the 8 owners stripping down their playfield for that!

#66 1 year ago

The Visual Pinball guys that emulated the table sometime ago had a nice clear scan. If was lower resolution since the table doesn't need it at 300dpi, but maybe they have something pretty good for you to use. I could see if something exists for you if you like.

Quoted from vegemite_nick:

The issue is obtaining a quality scan. Can't see one of the 8 owners stripping down their playfield for that!

#67 1 year ago

The Visual Pinball guys that emulated the table sometime ago had a nice clear scan. If was lower resolution since the table doesn't need it at 300dpi, but maybe they have something pretty good for you to use. I could see if something exists for you if you like.

I ripped the artwork from the VP files. The playfield artwork isn't high enough dpi for using. However, it is full, so it would be good to print one out just to help make sure hole line up, and it could be vectorized by someone.

#68 1 year ago

Where did you get the ramps? Or did you make them? If you made them, you have some seriously good ramp making
skills !!!

#69 1 year ago

Did you pull the higher res artwork from the VPX table? I think that's the highest one available. kingpin 080715a.vpx

Quoted from mjenison:

I ripped the artwork from the VP files. The playfield artwork isn't high enough dpi for using. However, it is full, so it would be good to print one out just to help make sure hole line up, and it could be vectorized by someone.

#70 1 year ago

Mark Ritchie had one NOS playfield. No idea where it is now.

LTG : )

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Where did you get the ramps? Or did you make them? If you made them, you have some seriously good ramp making
skills !!!

One of the hardest things to sort were the ramps. The left ramp begins with a unique entry, and when I went through my collection of old bits and pieces, found a Data East Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles ramp, part of which seemed to fit the purpose perfectly, with little modification.

However, the right ramp was another story. I scoured the web looking for similar ramps, and found a lot of candidates, but as I analyzed each one, found issues with radius points etc. Playing MM while still trying to solve this one, I realised that its right ramp was exactly correct for about half its length, and that happened to combine from that point almost perfectly with the other bit of the TMNT ramp. I obtained an old MM ramp, and with some special glue from my mate who has a plastics factory, the Medieval Teenage Mutant Ramp (c) was born!

#72 1 year ago

Did you pull the higher res artwork from the VPX table? I think that's the highest one available. kingpin 080715a.vpx

I actually used the lamp map from the punmame game for some of placement and etc. I do have a pretty decent option for artwork which I think will work.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mark Ritchie had one NOS playfield. No idea where it is now.
LTG : )

I remember someone selling one many years ago, would love to have had the forsight to have bought that way back then.

#74 1 year ago

Nick, great job with the project! I hope when my project goes from talk/dreaming to reality I keep with the same dedication.

#75 1 year ago

Once I get my new computer up and running, I'll need a good side project. Vectoring the Kingpin playfield would be fun. I don't have VP, anybody care to send me a high res JPG or something?

#76 1 year ago

20171013_221925 (resized).jpg

#78 1 year ago

Matrix B complete, all working

https://vimeo.com/239183069

#79 1 year ago

Nice!!!!

#80 1 year ago

No kidding. This thing is so cool.

2 weeks later
#81 1 year ago

The level of un-obtanium oozing from this thread makes it that more... un-obtanium.

2 months later
#82 1 year ago

Congrat for your work. Were you aware of this another project? Seems serious.

http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-happy-new-year-two-huge-new-themes-revealed-plus-kingpin/

#83 1 year ago

Cant wait to heard more about this later this year by Maximus

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Congrat for your work. Were you aware of this another project? Seems serious.
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-happy-new-year-two-huge-new-themes-revealed-plus-kingpin/

Yes, very much aware, and that is most definitely the moveable ramp area on KP.

I have been meaning to post a video of gameplay on mine, but wanted to update it to show the pop bumpers working - the attached vid was before I realised that I have reinstalled the top gates the wrong way, so the ball rarely made the pops. I will do a new one at some point.

#85 1 year ago

Wow impressive.
Are you using lcd + P3 ROC like the other one too?

I'm also working on a P-ROC project but so much work you have done for this... crazy

Thanks for the video. Seems great. Is is a Kingpin raw soft or a 2.0?

#86 1 year ago

See post 11. Nick is not using P3-ROC he's using the original hardware/MPU in an airborne cab.

Quoted from noitbe1:

Wow impressive.
Are you using lcd + P3 ROC like the other one too?
I'm also working on a P-ROC project but so much work you have done for this... crazy
Thanks for the video. Seems great. Is is a Kingpin raw soft or a 2.0?

#87 1 year ago

Hey Nick
Your KP is coming along great! Impressive work. Wish that you were nearby.
Wally

#88 1 year ago

See post 11. Nick is not using P3-ROC he's using the original hardware/MPU in an airborne cab.

That's right, it's the plain ROM from IPDB, otherwise the hardware other than the playfield is 100% Airborne.

Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Nick
Your KP is coming along great! Impressive work. Wish that you were nearby.
Wally

Thanks Wally!

4 months later
#89 1 year ago

Translite No. 143

Looking the part now!

#90 1 year ago

Translite No. 143
Looking the part now!

I recognize that translite. Glad it made it to Australia!

Paul

#91 1 year ago

Translite No. 143
Looking the part now!
ยป YouTube video

Nice work. Would be great if you could bring it to Pinfest in Newcastle in Sept.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I recognize that translite. Glad it made it to Australia!
Paul

Thanks Paul

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from DMC:

Nice work. Would be great if you could bring it to Pinfest in Newcastle in Sept.

A bit too far for me. Real ones will be here soon enough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 21.00
$ 149.00
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 7,500.00
$ 109.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside