Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by ssathre
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bender.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 12 years ago

Great job Robin!!!

#52 12 years ago

Looks great, love the new changes. Now I just need to play some pins so I can post some high scores.

#53 12 years ago

Really great Robin, you are my hero!

#54 12 years ago

Amazing work, best looking site on the web!

#55 12 years ago

Everything looks great. Some possible bugs to report

Cick My Pinside ->Click "Added your high scores?" under Things To Do Next. -> Brings up 404 page.

Smaller issue: The 404 page says "Click here to go to the my-pinsid section" instead of "My Pinside"

#56 12 years ago

Looks great Robin! Although... Didn't it used to say location and how many pins we had in our collection next to our avatar in the forum? I always liked that...

#57 12 years ago

One more small bug:

If you click the go back to My Pinside on the 404 it also goes to a 404.

#58 12 years ago

thank you Robin for all the time you are spending in this great website! Just when you think things cannot get better they still get here in Pinside!

#59 12 years ago

Good deal,you have a super website here,Thanks

#60 12 years ago

Wow awesome update!

#61 12 years ago

Great work. Thank you Robin, question.. how do we get the backglass image to the main entry for the EM machines? I added a few pics for one machine but they dont show as the default image for the machine

#62 12 years ago

Thanks Robin for the EM section!!!!!!!!!!!

#63 12 years ago

WHOA! AWESOME! BOOYAH!

Just the first 3 words that came to mind.....

I am still fairly new to the site...and I feel like its that "new car smell" all over again

Get this Robin guy a NIB TF stat!

Who takes vacations from work....to work?? I know very few..that's for sure.

#64 12 years ago

Totally awesome! Thanks Robin

#65 12 years ago

I'm really liking this. Thanks.

Bug report: If you go to the ratings page of an individual machine, every machine states that it is #1.

#66 12 years ago

Very refreshing upgrade. I LOVE it! Great work! Now we have even MORE REASON to get this man a PIN! D O N A T E !

#67 12 years ago

#68 12 years ago

Beautiful. Can't wait to use it. Wait, I just did.

#69 12 years ago

BRILLIANT!

I love the high score initials addition to the avatars - and glad I was in early enough to get WIZ.

The top menu is great (it seems to scroll somehow with a wheel mouse though).

I can't wait to see how you handle the hi-score feature as there are so many variables.

Welcome the inclusion of EM machines as well!

it's so nice to see the results of a man who loves his work.

#70 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Looks amazing thanks for all the hard work Robin it is much appreciated. []

I was almost disappointed that your avatar initials didn't end up DUD

#71 12 years ago

wooooooooooo ha! got you all in check!

#72 12 years ago

great work! thanks for all your time

#73 12 years ago

Looking good, need to go play with it now.

#74 12 years ago

Pinside is the best forum of ANY forums that exists, even outside of pinball.

I didn't think it could even be improved!!!

Thanks Robin for your dedication.

Mike in Kentucky

#75 12 years ago

Love Pinside 3.0...thanks Robin!!!!

#76 12 years ago

Thanks - love this site, now even better!

#77 12 years ago

Wow! I was busy with the family today, and imagine my surprise when I came across the newly upgraded site this evening. Fantastic job as always, Robin!

The only change that I'm not a big fan of is how our avatars are now distorted in the forum view. In order to fit inside the rectangular backbox, they are squished vertically. I recommend changing the crop tool so that it matches the new aspect ratio.

#78 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The only change that I'm not a big fan of is how our avatars are now distorted in the forum view. In order to fit inside the rectangular backbox, they are squished vertically.

agreed. the hi-score initials are fit into the image box rather than added to the bottom thus skewing the image proportions

#79 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Looks great Robin! Although... Didn't it used to say location and how many pins we had in our collection next to our Avatar in the forum? I always liked that...

++++1 I miss that dearly. I want to know where someone lives! and their collection!

#80 12 years ago

Thanks Robin!

#81 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Didn't it used to say location and how many pins we had in our collection next to our Avatar in the forum? I always liked that...

I miss that as well.

#82 12 years ago

AWESOME~!~!~! Great work Robin - MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

#83 12 years ago

Hey Robin, don't know if its just me or not, but I have issues when I click on someones profile. It scrolls down, but then its real slow and trying to scroll the page up or down, and even after I close it I have trouble scrolling the current thread i am in. I have to actually leave the thread and come back to get it to work properly.

#84 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Didn't it used to say location and how many pins we had in our collection next to our Avatar in the forum?

I think all that info moved to the Quick profile.

#85 12 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I think all that info moved to the Quick profile.

It's in the quick profile, but it's much more convenient when you are reading a thread to quickly glance at a person location without leaving the page.

#87 12 years ago

Just to let you know that new black bar is very glitchy in my iPhone. When you try and reply to a thread or private message, it covers up the first line of text so you can't even see what you are writing...sometimes it does this sometimes not...

#88 12 years ago

found a bug with iOS (iPad) and pinside 3.0. I no longer have the ability to quote selected text... actually it doesnt even give a button/option to do it anymore.

#89 12 years ago

This thread says the last comment was made by Robin but when i looked here, no posts by Robin at all; so I thought I'd test and see if it list me as the last to comment by posting.

#90 12 years ago

No still lists Robin as the last to post, Sending PM to Robin

#91 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

found a bug with iOS (iPad) and pinside 3.0. I no longer have the ability to quote selected text... actually it doesnt even give a button/option to do it anymore.

Logged in with my laptop and see that the option to quote selected text is now a popup which is probably why its not working with the Ipad. Bummer, I use this site quite a bit with my Ipad.

Robin, Can this functionality be put back in for iOS users?

#92 12 years ago

I'm using Google Chrome and I don't see the quote button or popup...

Also, Robin, I don't know if this is 3.0 related or always the case, but is there a way to change the default operation of clicking on an embedded link? On other forums, it opens a new tab. On pinside, it opens the link in the existing tab such that I have to back up in the browser to return to pinside.

Otherwise, fantastic work....keep it up!

#93 12 years ago

Man, I am gone less than two days and the whole site gets a facelift!
    Great work so far Robin!

#94 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The only change that I'm not a big fan of is how our avatars are now distorted in the forum view. In order to fit inside the rectangular backbox, they are squished vertically. I recommend changing the crop tool so that it matches the new aspect ratio.

+1, it would be nice to be able to turn it off - I won't be submitting scores, I'm not good enough and play to enjoy the games.

#95 12 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

+1, it would be nice to be able to turn it off - I won't be submitting scores, I'm not good enough and play to enjoy the games.

The backbox is just to put your initials like you'd put into a game.

#96 12 years ago

First of all, thanks everybody for the awesome response to the new features and design! I appreciate it, it was a lot of work and I'm glad that you enjoy it.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Looks great Robin! Although... Didn't it used to say location and how many pins we had in our collection next to our Avatar in the forum? I always liked that...

This decision was made to keep the page cleaner and to keep post boxes smaller. Very often, people post only one line of text, but due to the location and collection count etc the box would be stretched out resulting in a lot of white space. The second reason is that I wanted to also emphasise peoples marketplace ads as well as their scores and new stuff to come. It turned out as the "quick profile" feature which I hope you all like (boy, that was a lot of work). I realize going to someone's quick profile is one more click but I hope it is worth it for all the info it gives at one glance!

Quoted from robertmee:

Also, Robin, I don't know if this is 3.0 related or always the case, but is there a way to change the default operation of clicking on an embedded link? On other forums, it opens a new tab. On pinside, it opens the link in the existing tab such that I have to back up in the browser to return to pinside.

This has been discussed before. The way I see it is that the way it is now on the Pinside, opening links in a new tab or window is a user choice. You can control-click, shift-click and middle-mouse-button click to open in a new tab or window. However, there is no button to NOT open in a new window. In other words, if I was to make opening in a new tab/window the default behavior there would be no choice to not do this. Hope I'm making sense.

Quoted from ssathre:

Logged in with my laptop and see that the option to quote selected text is now a popup which is probably why its not working with the Ipad. Bummer, I use this site quite a bit with my Ipad.

Not sure why text selection does not work on iPad but you're right it doesn't. Anyone have any idea? I did add some features today for iPad/iPhone users: the old quote button is back as well as a new 'quote' link for each post to easily quote a whole post without needing text selection. Hope that works for you. I also made the quote popup box appear closer to your actual selection!

Quoted from RWH:

This thread says the last comment was made by Robin but when i looked here, no posts by Robin at all;

A strange bug, should be fixed now!

Quoted from gweempose:

You're absolutely right, and yes the cropping tool would need to adjust to the new 4:3 aspect ratio. Just haven't gotten round to this, but I will fix the stretching issue soon!

#97 12 years ago

The Quick Profile tab doesnt seem to work for me. Also if I click on someones avatar it scrolls me to the top of the page.

#98 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

This decision was made to keep the page cleaner and to keep post boxes smaller. Very often, people post only one line of text, but due to the location and collection count etc the box would be stretched out resulting in a lot of white space.

While I understand the reasoning behind the change, I think easily being able to see a person's location trumps almost everything else. The question is, where can you put the information without increasing the size of the text box? I was going to suggest moving the "Topics and posts" link to the quick profile page, but I don't think there is enough room for the location to fit there. The only other spot I can think of would be in the little area at the top of the post to the left of the posting time. Again, this is less than ideal.

#99 12 years ago

nice

bender.jpgbender.jpg

#100 12 years ago

Wow thanks for all the updates!

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-pinside-30/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.