(Topic ID: 158551)

Welcome to Pinside’s EM’s sub forum, How to use this section.

By Chrisbee

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Pinside is a site dedicated to all things pinball, but we do have a little space that is, well, NOT pinball.

EM = Electrical Mechanical
    The EM section of Pinside is for all EM pinball and EM arcade games. If you have an issue or want to share something about your EM machine, this is the place for you.

If your machine is full of integrated circuits (Has electronic displays), Pinside has lots of forums just for you, but not this section. (See) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum

How this sub forum is laid out.

EM Pinball Hangout
    Talk about games manufactured between 1946 (Humpty Dumpty) and 1979 (Space Walk). These are EM pinball games that require electricity and have flippers.

EM Pinball Tech
    This section is for all technical talk regarding EM pinball games. If you have a problem with your pinball machine, start a thread in this section, the tech crew will be with you shortly.

EM Pinball Pre-WWII
    Discuss games manufactured from Mid 1930’s (Ballyhoo) to the introduction of Humpty Dumpty (1946). These are EM games that require electricity but don’t have flippers. This sub-forum is also for Bagatelle and Mechanical Pinball too.

EM Bingos Machines (not a “real” pinball!)
    Discuss games with “balls” here. Use this area to discuss all aspects of these machines, including technical help.

EM Arcade Games (not pinball!)
    It’s all in the name. If it was in an arcade, electrical mechanical and not a pinball. This area is for anything of interest about any EM arcade machine including technical help.

#2 7 years ago

Super cool!

#3 7 years ago

It's about time EMs got their own section. Thanks!

#4 7 years ago

Nice!

#6 7 years ago

Yahoo!

#7 7 years ago

I had to Google that.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chrisbee:

EM Bingos Machines (not a “real” pinball!)
    Discuss games with “balls” here. Use this area to discuss all aspects of these machines, including technical help. This sub-forum is also for Bagatelle and Mechanical Pinball too.

To stir things up.
    The sub forum for Bagatelle and Pure Mechanical should be in Pre WW-ll. Not with the Bingo pins. Is this an editing error?

#10 7 years ago

if I want to discus Hi-Score Pool, which section should I choose?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

To stir things up.
    The sub forum for Bagatelle and Pure Mechanical should be in Pre WW-ll. Not with the Bingo pins. Is this an editing error?

When Robin and I first talked about what goes where, we had Bagatelle and Mechanical Pinball in with Bingo but I think your right, better with Pre WW2.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

That depends on which Hi Score Pool, if it is CCM then EM pinball hang out or EM Tech. If it is United, then EM arcade.

#13 7 years ago

Still a pinball machine by all means IMO

#14 7 years ago

There are a few that cross over here! el Dorado or el Dorado, WNBJM or WNBJM just to name a few
    But I like this, lets hope I don't get into trouble here, he he.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

There are a few that cross over here! el Dorado or el Dorado, WNBJM or WNBJM just to name a few
    But I like this, lets hope I don't get into trouble here, he he.

The EM section is Pinsides trouble free zone, enjoy.

5 months later
    #17 7 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

Ho do you post a new topic?

Simply go to the EM Hangout sub-forum and at the top right of the page under Add a new topic it says "Click here to start a new topic"

#18 7 years ago

The "WTF" section...

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Still a pinball machine by all means IMO

Yes. A pinball machine. Just a really, really bad one.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

It's a stretch to call it one, but I guess since it has flippers we have to.

That game had to have been designed by guys coming off a three day bender.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

As EMsInKC states 'it has flippers'. Also 15 wonderful hidden, roll under targets. Most pin collectors express their opinion that it is more of an Arcade Game, than Pinball.

1 year later
    #23 5 years ago

Don't forget to click "resolved," when it is.

2 years later
    #24 3 years ago

I bow to the wisdom of great EM owners everywhere. Let's get to know each other.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-pinside%e2%80%99s-em%e2%80%99s-sub-forum-how-to-use-this-section?hl=flippinski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.