Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

Shipping costs are IMO nothing more than sellers in the US either being lazy or not realizing Canadian's are actual customers and treating them as such (or both). This is based on my experience in that ordering from overseas is on par or in many cases cheaper than the US. Further in many cases (actually most in my experience) it arrives sooner and for whatever reason you have a better chance of getting it without brokerage fees. Some vendors in the states are excellent and at least if you are paying, it arrives quickly and without brokerage. As Canadian's we all know who the crappy ones are - avoid them wherever possible. Vote with your dollar I guess. Outside of that, get some friends and buy larger quantities or combine orders. Ship to a holding facility across the border if you are close.

To the first two points - it will at some point bite those sellers in the ass. Need to treat customers as such regardless of their address. Not doing so speaks to a philosophy that leads to any company failing over the long term.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I couldn't get past your second sentence right now but you are dead wrong. Three things make shipping expensive. One is weight. Two is distance. Three and the biggest as of about four years ago is going international from the U.S. Go to usps.com and see what it would cost to get a 5 pound box of pinballs from anywhere in the US to anywhere in Canada. That's the last time you will blame US vendors.

Noop - not the last time I'll blame US vendors, but I'm not lumping you into that classification if that's your concern. Maybe ask the Canadian customers what they think? And I'm not going to focus in on actual pinballs for the discussion. I'm talking shipping in general - pinball, non pinball, whatever. And as I said, there are vendors who ship from the US where yes it involves a cost on par or more expensive, but at least it is fast. Some seem to be............disinterested I guess in the fact that they may need a different strategy to ship to Canucks vs the lower 48 states. Nope they don't have to.......see last point in original post.

So - are you arguing that shipping does not require some thought and intelligence to realize you are indeed shipping across the border and that as a seller finding a good fit for your customer is good for your business or?

There are many ways to get items from the US to Canada. My experience is some do it well and some do not. The ones that do not.........see points one and two in the original post. I don't dig my heels in on much, but on this I will.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-calgary-canada-only-9-for-a-pinball?tu=Hobbypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.