bbb (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1134 (resized).JPG
IMG_7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_8940 (resized).JPG
P1020275 (resized).JPG
244364399_10219890335836178_8447680572616061628_n (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvZmUvZmUvM2ZlZmU0YmI3MGEyMWI4MDExMzQ5YTlmNGY4ZWFlMjhlYzk1ZTBlYS5qcGc (resized).jpg
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzUvNzIvZTkvNTcyZTkwOTI5NTAxM2E0ZDNkNjA0N2U4YjI2MGYxNjQ0OTA4NmNhMi5qcGc (resized).jpg
IMG_6163 (resized).JPG
IMG_8650 (resized).JPG
8B5AFF1E-D712-4B73-912F-9AFE408DE66D (resized).jpg
F370FE3D-9979-419A-B1E4-26393E386DAA (resized).jpg
F657FD4B-D3C8-4A96-A930-2013B6AFCB10 (resized).jpeg
008ADBF4-DF92-4964-948A-ADF793873248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 5 years ago

Yes ... BBB would be great ... all other games are available in restored condition for some bucks more.

1 year later
#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You have a point I am gunna need both kidneys to process all the meds I have to take. I go in for radiation treatment to try and beat this brain tumor for the 2nd time next week, maybe the doctor can shoot radiation into the area of my brain that makes me obsess about pinball all the time

All the best to you !!! Come back soon and healthy !!

2 months later
#47 4 years ago

150 to 250 dollar.

I bought one here in Germany for 190 EURO.
If needet I have a PCB for the El-Foil Left ... a friend made them.

Do you have any wireramps left ??

5 months later
#79 3 years ago

The rumors saying that WMS bought Capcom pinball and its rights.
The idea was to make BBB with WMS parts.
WMS rights were bought by Gene Cunningham, he also remade the BBB.
Rights went to PPS. So it is on PPS to decide what happens with the BBB rights.
The chance that PPS passes the rights to Stern ... mhhhhh.

At least is BBB a very nice machine of the early 90s.
It is fun with nice sound and animations but at the end, it is a 90s pinball machine. Not bad but also not a highlight of this area.
But I am also looking forward for a remake, same for Kingpin. Never played it but sounds also like a very nice game of the 90s.

1 month later
#90 3 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Yes BBB was for his time a spectacular machine. Too bad that Capcom bet on the wrong horse with FlipperFootball.
For me BBB is a beauty and very funny machine. The gameplay itself is not dramatical good .. many better games are out. But the theme , the humor, the art ... very nice !!

The dancers are very rare and also NOS is now more than 10 years old and the rubber will suffer.
Here on pinside is a guy making repros. Not perfect as the original but usable. Too bad he makes no green copies. I have a blue one in my machine, better than nothing but I miss the glowing effect.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bb-barbara

1 week later
#94 3 years ago

I use a RTGB lightstrip connected to 12 Volts.
Easy to remove, great effect !
The translite now has a 3D effect on the green parts, not to see with standart lighttube.

IMG_7375 (resized).JPGIMG_7375 (resized).JPGIMG_7446 (resized).JPGIMG_7446 (resized).JPGIMG_7432 (resized).JPGIMG_7432 (resized).JPG
#97 3 years ago

Like this:

ebay.com link: RGB LED Stripe 5050 SMD Leiste Streifen Band Licht Leuchte Lichterkette 1 10m

5 meters is enough !

I connected it to J8 , look for free 12 Volts and Ground. Thats it.
Then you play with the remote and find a matching color with the 3D Effect.

1 week later
#99 3 years ago

Yes, the second diverter is tricky. In my opinion it is too long for moving with no supportbracket.

Workaround: I used a bushing for flipperfingers, cutted one side with a Dremel and placed it with double-sided tape behind the large metall rail.
So now it is no more so releaxed, much tighter.

3 months later
#115 3 years ago

Why ?
Everything is great for its time !
Sound and callouts are great .. dont forget, it is a pin of the late 90s. Not a Stern, JJP ....
Animations are great and funny. I love to play it.

#117 3 years ago

Your opinion .. dont buy a BBB !

#119 3 years ago

WRONG .. this is the "Welcome to Big Bang! Big Bang Bar Remake Club "

So if he dont like the sound he will not buy a remake ...

Quoted from noitbe1:

the voices and music are among the best for the pin in this era. My BBB is never leaving and even if there was sound update , I will always keep the originals.
Anyway this is the owner thread so if you're not into your BBB, you might sell it, it seems it still sells pretty well: the last one sold in few hours today.

7 months later
#140 2 years ago

At least it does not matter.
The price is "normal" also for a BBB from gene.
As I understood, the original BBB have a larger dancer. The pin in the auction has a "Gene dancer".

2 months later
#147 2 years ago

It seems he is looking for a copy of the orig. CAD drawings from BBB.
Good luck with this !

#157 2 years ago

A playfield can be easily done with your skills. You have to make the necessary files for a CNC router to mill.
I did the smaller version some years ago and milled a playfiled by hand. The hardest task was to get all the inserts. But meanwhile there is also a way to 3D print inserts.

What I did:
Printed a full scan of a playfield to a original playfield wood.

Drilled and milled all needet holes and the shooterlane.

Collected the needet inserts all over the world
Glued them in and sanded the wood completely

Now printed a processed scan with transparency over the playfield

Clearcoated it.

P1010673 (resized).JPGP1010673 (resized).JPGP1020125 (resized).JPGP1020125 (resized).JPGP1020167 (resized).JPGP1020167 (resized).JPGP1010581 (resized).JPGP1010581 (resized).JPGP1010570 (resized).JPGP1010570 (resized).JPGP1010466 (resized).JPGP1010466 (resized).JPGP1010251 (resized).JPGP1010251 (resized).JPGP1010269 (resized).JPGP1010269 (resized).JPGP1010246 (resized).JPGP1010246 (resized).JPGP1010226 (resized).JPGP1010226 (resized).JPG

noitbe1
For the Aliens is no complicated electronics needet. Only the elfoil arrows on the ramp and the blacklight in the back of the cabinet need a special PCB.
Tha hardest task on the aliens is to 3D print them and .... the mechanic itself. I worked for month on that mechanic.
The position of the aliens is determined with optos.
The motor emi pcb is a standart emi pcb. For any reason Capcom and Gene used pcb with a programmable pic. We could read the pic out but is is not needet.
A standart pcb with an extra diode will work.

1 month later
#159 2 years ago

Nope .. available at pinbits for years ...

https://pinbits2.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_32&products_id=317

i have 1 dancer left if needet ... see my ads.

#162 2 years ago

OhHa .. that is new to me. I ordered some years ago my tube from them.
I did not know that they are out of business.

2 weeks later
#184 2 years ago

Too bad with the dancer.
BUT ... I figured out that all dancers will melt away with the years.
The silicone material was not tested to hold 30 years in a warm pinball enviroment.

I saw 2 dancers which were fully damaged.

For my BBB rebuild I bought a "BBB Barbara" here on pinside. It was blue and not very good. But I wanted a green, fluoroscent one.
After failed tests with silicone castind and 3D print I found someone who makes perfect repros. Glow in the dark and fluoroscent, perfect matching green/yellow. And also a hole in the bally for the wireform.
I offered 2 here on pinside and they were sold fast. Maybe I get some more of them, they are expensive but not like the ugly green thing on eBay for 750 Dollar.

Here is a original after 15 years
7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg

Here are the repros

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/129691

But also .. we have no idea how long they will last !

#187 2 years ago

Forget about them !
5 years ago I made my cabinet and bought NOS decals from a guy in the UK for hell lot of money.
After all the years of storage the softener in the decals gassed out and it was a pia to bring them on the (perfect prepared) cabinet.

They will tear off while peeling from the carrier film.
It is the same like with the dancers, storing it too long is not better than selling to someone who need it.

I had the same story this week with a sopranos. Bought it but no belt on the dancers. A spare came with the pin but broke in 1000 pieces just from looking on it

Too bad that the deal does not work for you. TBL is a very great pin but you can still buy it new. So BBB is really rare. the last I saw was some years ago for 24.000 EURO. I would never sell my "homemade" BBB.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

TomDK it may have been me that sold you the NOS decals. Sorry they did not work out for you.

I’m very impressed that you have made a home made BBB. Does it use Capcom boards?

Yes, this is possible if your name is David
Long time ago. I bought 1 wireform, targets and some other things.
Everything is fine, the decals are onthe cabinett but it was tough work. Nothing for a newbee.

Yes, I made my project and after 5 years it came out great. Everything is working and pinball not used to play BBB do not see a difference.
I used the original boards , I took a Airborne to convert to a BBB and therefor had all needet boards, a cabinett and many wires as a start.

Right now I work on a KingPin, same procedure but basic is a Breakshot plus a full set of boards from my sparebox.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So to make new aliens.. would they just need to be scanned by 3D printer software?

Simple: Yes.
Longer: You can scan the Aliens, we did this with a friend in the netherlands and a professionell eD studio. The pont is, the aliens need to be painted white. Otherwise many details will get lost. So my friend was not too happy to spray the aliens with a corn based color. This corn based color could easily removed with water.
So the scan was done. than we did 3 testprints with different materials.
At least the most expensive material was the best and i bought 2 Aliens in this quality. Drilled holes in and painted them by hand.
I can give you a Emmail to ask for a 3D printed alien. We do not have the files ... the 3D print studio has them due they scanned the alien.

IMG_6160 (resized).JPGIMG_6160 (resized).JPG

This was a first prototype of the mechanic and a printed alien

ED790DCF-2E07-450C-8936-51C6CD437A92 (resized).jpgED790DCF-2E07-450C-8936-51C6CD437A92 (resized).jpg
Right now the guys are doing well and sitting relaxed on the bar, waiting for a ball ... looking really nice. I just sprayed them in purple and than painted with a colored penwriter.

#193 2 years ago

BBB was with a NOS playfield coated by HEP around 8K Euro.
With my "homemade" playfield it would be under 6K Euro.
The good thing was, I got a AB from a friend for 850 Euro and sold many parts, that was a good start.

KP is much easier, the biggest problem is the "Gun Mechanism". KP hast not so many special parts as BBB.
I had to pay much more for the Breakshot and making my playfield using CNC was more expensive. Last investment was to get the long ramp vaccuum deep drawed. If you make a single prototype you have to invest money and time. I am looking forward to finsh this project this year after around 24 month. So much faster than 5 years for BBB. But now I know for many things what to do and ... very important .. who to ask. Without many helpfull friends in the german pinball community this would not happen.
Also Nick, who made the first playable KingPin, was a big help ! His report is here on pinside.
Maybe I will introduce this project later on ... right now I am renovating a FH for the FH 2.0 adventure. All other projects are on hold.
For KP I miss only the gun mechanism, spinners for the ramps and have to fit the clear ramps. Cabinett is also not finished because I had bad luck and renovated the BS cabinet, but this is not high enough for KP with his ramps. bad luck. Now I have a BK2K cabinet which needs some work.

Are you also Hammerhead on the german forums ?

#197 2 years ago

The chip shows up from time to time, so it is possible to get one.
I bought several boards over the time and the chance to kill such a CPU chip is not very high. The power boards are more a pia but also show up from time to time. The good thing is, they are able to repair. Forget about Spike and JJP stuff On the old boards a repair is possible.
I have a BS PDB with a big burned hole but a unknown solder artist fixed even this. Uggly but working.
However, Gene was in the lucky situation that he got enough boards and chips to make his great rerun.
CMG with the KP remame have a problem. They switched to PROC or so, many options are now open but, truly, I prefer the original system running with a normal display and normal bulbs. The only advantage is that they can programm the code to the end, I have to live with a 95% ready game.

#199 2 years ago

Very nice find !!!
That is exactly what I need. But alone shipping (if you wold sell!) would kill me.
I have already redrawn scans from the cabinet. Not 100% but for a hobby project good enough.

It would be great if you could check with a pantone palette the exact color code from the grey ! That would be great if you can help.

Here is my first sample , the Beakshop cabinett .. toooooo bad that this was a mistake.
IMG_0131 (resized).JPEGIMG_0131 (resized).JPEG

This are test prints, I am not happy with the grey.

IMG_1301(1) (resized).JPEGIMG_1301(1) (resized).JPEG

This is the BK2K cab, it fits but need some work and ... decals with perfect grey.

IMG_2506 (resized).JPEGIMG_2506 (resized).JPEG

But this is enough spoiler for now .

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Does anyone have any scans of the BBB decals on shooter Lane, flippers & Apron etc..

I will check .. I made repros and maybe have a set left over.

Quoted from noitbe1:

welcome back in the club ! One of the best machine ever for me. congrats

YES !! Welcome back in the Remake club ...

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Needs new rubbers all round I reckon, and Invisiglass. And definitely a Capcom LEDOCD if I can get one.

I forgot that the Translite was signed by the design team.

Very nice, looks like the twinsister of my homebrew BBB.
Please, please do not set LED in this nice machine !! It is a pin of the 90´s and no JJP.

IMG_9457 (resized).jpgIMG_9457 (resized).jpgIMG_9498 (resized).jpgIMG_9498 (resized).jpg
#211 2 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Do you have any sets of drop target decals?

Yes ......

P1010446 (resized).JPGP1010446 (resized).JPG
#216 2 years ago

No, only thing tickling is the relais switching the highvoltage blacklight, a high noise is the generator for the highpower for the elfoil.
All the rest is standart Capcom.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My game makes a gentle beeping noise, not sure what it is. It’s very quiet. Will try and get a video of it.

Remove the plugs from the little extra pcb in the backbox ... and check. This is the only part which makes noises.

2 weeks later
#221 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Anyone looking to leave the club?

Never
Took me 5 years to get in !

4 weeks later
#225 1 year ago

For the club:

I still have 2 of this perfect green tubedancers for 250 Euro each.

Just PM me if intrested.

Pre-Cutout decals are out, just one set for me left. On Demand I make new ones but need 10 orders at least.

#230 1 year ago

Same for me .. I think BBBr will not be such a seller.
I have several people played my BBBr and are not captured by the game. You have to PLAY it regulary to find out it great sense of humor and gameplay.

But the pinball investors, for sure, will buy them.
It is the same with Kingpin .. if there is such a demand ?? Most pinheads love to buy Stern and JJP. For any reason ... and not games from the 90s. Especially not from capcom, Alvin G. , etc ...

Just my 2 (Euro)-cents

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

Not sure if you can fix it, but I do know the GI in capcom is a matrix, unlike other machines where the GI is a 6.3V AC circuit. Does it have LEDs? If so, you will need the Ledocd for the GI.
Hope that helps.

Yes, that is fact. Capcom used (expect Breakshot) full matrix lamps. Double matrix up to 127 controlled lamps. capcoms react heavily on LED ... one LED will disturb a whole role.
In my Kingpin build I used only 6 LED for inserts and this 6 LED confused 6 rows. Other lamps were lighting with the LED. No way without a OCD.

Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

Is it possible to buy a set of these target decals?

Sorry, no more. Just one set left for my BBB. If you find others I would remake them but 10 sets at least.

2 months later
#244 1 year ago

I have 2 more dancers for sale, pictures in this old adverting :

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

These Dancers are top quality. Look exactly, if not better than the originals.
Buy with confidence.

Thank you pinhead !
Yes, this repros are better than the original, short: Bummer ! (Wrong pin)

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

What would it sell at?

#112 HUO was sold in June in Europe for around 23K EURO.
I was too slow ....

1 month later
#271 1 year ago

Welcome to the club !
You made a real good deal !
Hopefully the dancer arrived I am the guy who sold it to your seller.

Have fun !

And yes, also in my lineup the Capcomes are a little higher.

3 weeks later
#279 1 year ago

Very hard !

You can get the ElFoil, I made them in cowork with "ministryofpinball.com" in the netherlands.
You can get a dancing figurine from me, will have some in 8 weeks around.

Alien figurines ... no way. I can organize 3D printed unpainted and undrilled. used them in my personell remake.

Motors for Aliens ard dancer are available in Australia.

The pcb for ElFoil and blacklight is very rare and hard to find.
EMI breakboard for the aliens will fit with WMS, the dancer has no EMI board.

Mechanic for the Aliens not to get ... but you can make it yourself with some work, same for the bracket for the dancer.

I think this were all toys on BBB.

Most other parts are standart Capcom and available in shops or used.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So, if the board that operates the dancer's motor breaks, there is no replacement?

The dancers motor has no breakboard ! It is directly connected to the driverboard.
The aliens have a breakboard , it can be replaced with a stock WMS motor EMI.

This is such a board and the homebrew alöien mechanics. You need also a small pcb with a opto set to get the positions of the aliens. Cost me some weeks to figure out how it works.
8B5AFF1E-D712-4B73-912F-9AFE408DE66D (resized).jpg8B5AFF1E-D712-4B73-912F-9AFE408DE66D (resized).jpgF370FE3D-9979-419A-B1E4-26393E386DAA (resized).jpgF370FE3D-9979-419A-B1E4-26393E386DAA (resized).jpgIMG_6163 (resized).JPGIMG_6163 (resized).JPGIMG_8650 (resized).JPGIMG_8650 (resized).JPG

On the original BBB´s there is a breakboard with a programmable pic. We got panic that this special pic is needet. A friend was able to "read out" the code from the pic. Afterwards we figured out that a normal EMI board will do the job .... that was several new gray hairs on my head
The code from the pic is now available on Pfutz´s webpage.

#288 1 year ago

TigerLaw
EasternBloc

Hopefully the NOS ladys stay in touch ... they will also "die" in bags within the years !
I had also a pic of a green one looking like the flash lady !

7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvZmUvZmUvM2ZlZmU0YmI3MGEyMWI4MDExMzQ5YTlmNGY4ZWFlMjhlYzk1ZTBlYS5qcGc (resized).jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvZmUvZmUvM2ZlZmU0YmI3MGEyMWI4MDExMzQ5YTlmNGY4ZWFlMjhlYzk1ZTBlYS5qcGc (resized).jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzUvNzIvZTkvNTcyZTkwOTI5NTAxM2E0ZDNkNjA0N2U4YjI2MGYxNjQ0OTA4NmNhMi5qcGc (resized).jpgaHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzUvNzIvZTkvNTcyZTkwOTI5NTAxM2E0ZDNkNjA0N2U4YjI2MGYxNjQ0OTA4NmNhMi5qcGc (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#304 1 year ago

As several people know, I made my own BBBr.

For the tube I bought on eBay UK years ago a tube. It had exactly the dimensions from the original but *NOT* the millings on the top.
I "hide" this with some orange rings.

So search the net for this tube. You need US/UK standarts ! European standarts will not fit perfectly.

IMG_7358 (resized).JPGIMG_7358 (resized).JPGIMG_8940 (resized).JPGIMG_8940 (resized).JPGP1020275 (resized).JPGP1020275 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#317 1 year ago

Google told me , look here:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/big-bang-bar-pinball-sideblades/

Remember ... no glow like the decals !!

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

man that's a shame they didn't make a UV reactive version of these. that would be too cool.

UV colors are hardly to print. In screen print it is possible, in digital print you need a really good printer which is able to use special colors.
What you can do: If you are able to airbrush, there a UV luminent colors from revell available. You can spraypaint the tube areas and than bring on a foil to protect your work. This would be the easiest way.
Other good but complicated way .... scan the blades or redesign, print them on very thin PET-G , print them without the green and spray UV translucent green paint from the back. The paint is available in cans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-big-bang-big-bang-bar-remake-club?tu=tomdk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.