bbb (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1134 (resized).JPG
IMG_7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_8940 (resized).JPG
P1020275 (resized).JPG
244364399_10219890335836178_8447680572616061628_n (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvZmUvZmUvM2ZlZmU0YmI3MGEyMWI4MDExMzQ5YTlmNGY4ZWFlMjhlYzk1ZTBlYS5qcGc (resized).jpg
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzUvNzIvZTkvNTcyZTkwOTI5NTAxM2E0ZDNkNjA0N2U4YjI2MGYxNjQ0OTA4NmNhMi5qcGc (resized).jpg
IMG_6163 (resized).JPG
IMG_8650 (resized).JPG
8B5AFF1E-D712-4B73-912F-9AFE408DE66D (resized).jpg
F370FE3D-9979-419A-B1E4-26393E386DAA (resized).jpg
F657FD4B-D3C8-4A96-A930-2013B6AFCB10 (resized).jpeg
008ADBF4-DF92-4964-948A-ADF793873248 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

For Pinball Magic I agree with you 100% - if you simply install non-ghosting LEDs you lose all the cool lightshow effects.
OTOH, BBB has far fewer such effects. I've owned my BBB since 2010 and after they came out, I switched to the non-ghosting LEDs that Scott Danesi (or was it Scott Torpe? sorry, I can't recall now...) concocted for Pinballlife (called Ghostbusters I believe) and they were legit. Initially, I used them everywhere but later I put some Cointaker Premium 1SMDs into the darker 'GI' areas (like, mostly in the rear of the playfield.) But, what I found was that while brighter, they would flicker at the end of ball (I believe) where they do use a slow fade effect. That said, I quickly learned to ignore it because the trade-off was worth it. The machine stayed that way for a long time until herg came out with LED-OCD and I saved up my pennies and bought one.
Even after installing the LED-OCD I really wasn't motivated to swap out the 1LED non-ghosting bulbs I got from Pinballlife, it was just that Herg's board simply made everything better overall and definitely eliminated the flickering of the Cointaker bulbs. So, I ran that way until just this past month when I finally got off my ass and re-did all the LED lighting while I was on a roll that originally started with the installation of a ColorDMD and ultimately culminated with a full rubber-ring replacement for the Titan glow-in-the-dark ones, plus new rubber posts, and the LED work.
So, I think I'm done. This machine looks fully modernized now. All the bulbs in the GI have been replaced with Comet Pinball's awesome OP-Max bulbs in Sunlight-white. For the inserts, I repurposed some of the Cointaker Premium SMDs that were in the GI and put them in white inserts, then finished the complete swap-out using more color-matched 1SMD bulbs. Note that all flashers are still incandescent, which I'm cool with. Overall, I'm really pleased with the results and I am convinced that this wouldn't have been possible without Herg's LED-OCD.
As an aside, if anyone is interested in my newfound surplus of non-ghosting LED bulbs that I just pulled out, send me a PM and I'll make you a deal.
Here's what the playfield looks like when you get rid of the incandescent bulbs... check out the true colors of the small inserts in front of Ray's ball-Busters and in the back which spell B-A-R... for the latter, I never knew they weren't orange:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So beautiful, someone NEEDS to remake this game! Again . . .

5 months later
#102 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

this game is so much fun. I really enjoy all the modes and so on. Only thing is, it needs be set up a bit. I consider myself as an average player and I can go to the final way too often and the modes timer are too short.
I've changes the settings to "hard" for everything and increase the mode timer and the gameplay is much better now.
BBB doesn"t drain often, I can have really long ball play with a lot of extra balls. This game really deserve to be set on the maximum difficulty I think.

Good to know. I will set my difficulty to "hard" when/if they come out with a remake.

1 year later
#192 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Yes, this is possible if your name is David
Long time ago. I bought 1 wireform, targets and some other things.
Everything is fine, the decals are onthe cabinett but it was tough work. Nothing for a newbee.
Yes, I made my project and after 5 years it came out great. Everything is working and pinball not used to play BBB do not see a difference.
I used the original boards , I took a Airborne to convert to a BBB and therefor had all needet boards, a cabinett and many wires as a start.
Right now I work on a KingPin, same procedure but basic is a Breakshot plus a full set of boards from my sparebox.

Simple: Yes.
Longer: You can scan the Aliens, we did this with a friend in the netherlands and a professionell eD studio. The pont is, the aliens need to be painted white. Otherwise many details will get lost. So my friend was not too happy to spray the aliens with a corn based color. This corn based color could easily removed with water.
So the scan was done. than we did 3 testprints with different materials.
At least the most expensive material was the best and i bought 2 Aliens in this quality. Drilled holes in and painted them by hand.
I can give you a Emmail to ask for a 3D printed alien. We do not have the files ... the 3D print studio has them due they scanned the alien.
[quoted image]
This was a first prototype of the mechanic and a printed alien
[quoted image]
Right now the guys are doing well and sitting relaxed on the bar, waiting for a ball ... looking really nice. I just sprayed them in purple and than painted with a colored penwriter.

With all of the custom parts, labour, etc., what do you think you have invested in your BBB? How much do you expect to spend for Kingpin?

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Are you also Hammerhead on the german forums ?

Yes I’m on flippermarkt

5 months later
#249 1 year ago

Cmon CGC, please make BBBRR!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 209.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-big-bang-big-bang-bar-remake-club?tu=Hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.