bbb (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1134 (resized).JPG
IMG_7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_8940 (resized).JPG
P1020275 (resized).JPG
244364399_10219890335836178_8447680572616061628_n (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvZmUvZmUvM2ZlZmU0YmI3MGEyMWI4MDExMzQ5YTlmNGY4ZWFlMjhlYzk1ZTBlYS5qcGc (resized).jpg
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzUvNzIvZTkvNTcyZTkwOTI5NTAxM2E0ZDNkNjA0N2U4YjI2MGYxNjQ0OTA4NmNhMi5qcGc (resized).jpg
IMG_6163 (resized).JPG
IMG_8650 (resized).JPG
8B5AFF1E-D712-4B73-912F-9AFE408DE66D (resized).jpg
F370FE3D-9979-419A-B1E4-26393E386DAA (resized).jpg
F657FD4B-D3C8-4A96-A930-2013B6AFCB10 (resized).jpeg
008ADBF4-DF92-4964-948A-ADF793873248 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It wouldn't have been.

I guess I should have been a bit more clear ... I understand that Williams were going to make WMS BBB a regular pin and not a Pin2K game.

I was just saying that BBB would be a really cool Pin2K game if tweaked for that platform . It isn't a very complex game and the humor could be augmented with alien animations overlaying some of the features on the playfield (like the tube dancer and the ball lock aliens).

#152 2 years ago

Thanks for all megadeth2600.

#153 2 years ago

It's what I do with CAD Drawning CAPCOM . I use the scan playfield with it and technical info (Return Lane Guide ...)
I need more info (Hinge, 4 bank drop target , slingshot assembly....).
Thanks to help me.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#154 2 years ago
Quoted from 314KSL:

It's what I do with CAD Drawning CAPCOM . I use the scan playfield with it and technical info (Return Lane Guide ...)
I need more info (Hinge, 4 bank drop target , slingshot assembly....).
Thanks to help me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you trying to recreate a real pinball or a virtual ?

#155 2 years ago

For me 3D design it's a hobby.

Impossible for me to remake a real pinball if they are no solution for 16 bits program.
Wait a P3-roc like solution or other

I take information for capcom parts. And i can do 3D scan if I the part (like the Alien, .... )

For sure I do a real playfield and capcom cabinet, and wait to see... a hobby

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from 314KSL:

For me 3D design it's a hobby.
Impossible for me to remake a real pinball if they are no solution for 16 bits program.
Wait a P3-roc like solution or other
I take information for capcom parts. And i can do 3D scan if I the part (like the Alien, .... )
For sure I do a real playfield and capcom cabinet, and wait to see... a hobby

What I can share is I wanted at some point to work on the software but I got stuck with the incompatibility with the P-ROC system. You can always run an emulation (like CGC or what’s CM is planning) , it’s your best option softwarewise. You may have hard time finding the alien board and chipset with special programming as well and some parts impossible to find and which need to be recreated.

This is a nice project, good luck.

#157 2 years ago

A playfield can be easily done with your skills. You have to make the necessary files for a CNC router to mill.
I did the smaller version some years ago and milled a playfiled by hand. The hardest task was to get all the inserts. But meanwhile there is also a way to 3D print inserts.

What I did:
Printed a full scan of a playfield to a original playfield wood.

Drilled and milled all needet holes and the shooterlane.

Collected the needet inserts all over the world
Glued them in and sanded the wood completely

Now printed a processed scan with transparency over the playfield

Clearcoated it.

P1010673 (resized).JPGP1010673 (resized).JPGP1020125 (resized).JPGP1020125 (resized).JPGP1020167 (resized).JPGP1020167 (resized).JPGP1010581 (resized).JPGP1010581 (resized).JPGP1010570 (resized).JPGP1010570 (resized).JPGP1010466 (resized).JPGP1010466 (resized).JPGP1010251 (resized).JPGP1010251 (resized).JPGP1010269 (resized).JPGP1010269 (resized).JPGP1010246 (resized).JPGP1010246 (resized).JPGP1010226 (resized).JPGP1010226 (resized).JPG

noitbe1
For the Aliens is no complicated electronics needet. Only the elfoil arrows on the ramp and the blacklight in the back of the cabinet need a special PCB.
Tha hardest task on the aliens is to 3D print them and .... the mechanic itself. I worked for month on that mechanic.
The position of the aliens is determined with optos.
The motor emi pcb is a standart emi pcb. For any reason Capcom and Gene used pcb with a programmable pic. We could read the pic out but is is not needet.
A standart pcb with an extra diode will work.

1 month later
#158 2 years ago

It's a long shot I know, but does anyone have any idea on where to buy a tube for the dancer? Or know someone who could possibly make one?

#159 2 years ago

Nope .. available at pinbits for years ...

https://pinbits2.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_32&products_id=317

i have 1 dancer left if needet ... see my ads.

#160 2 years ago

I figured thank you for your reply.
Pinbits went out of business though right? “Pinbits2.com” seems sketchy

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

I figured thank you for your reply.
Pinbits went out of business though right? “Pinbits2.com” seems sketchy

How come the website is still there?? Seems like they went out of business long ago. How they still can take order...crazy.

#162 2 years ago

OhHa .. that is new to me. I ordered some years ago my tube from them.
I did not know that they are out of business.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

How come the website is still there?? Seems like they went out of business long ago. How they still can take order...crazy.

I placed an order there on 2/11/22. I had no idea they might be out of business. It charged my card 4 times for the purchase. I've yet to receive any merchandise or a refund which was requested for the extra charges.

#164 2 years ago

Hi All.
Question - would you swap a TBL EA edition and $9000 (£8K) for a Big Bang Bar?

I had a BBB that I sold on 3/4yrs ago. I have a chance to get it back..

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All.
Question - would you swap a TBL EA edition and $9000 (£8K) for a Big Bang Bar?
I had a BBB that I sold on 3/4yrs ago. I have a chance to get it back..

Easy to sell and more and more difficult to find. The last years they were less and less for sale. Best bet is to open the offer to a wanted pin (like TBL, great pin for sure) to force a deal or maybe with another rare pin.
The thing is, if you sell it, it's not like a IJ or TZ, this one, you never know if another come up, this is luck.

good luck to you for your search

#166 2 years ago

The amount of spares that come with it too.

Spare- all CAPCOM stuff:
switch & lamp circuit boards,
Drop targets with original decals
Wireforms
Green ramp tube
Cabinet decals
Tube dancer - flesh coloured I think
Plastic sets x 2
Black lights
Manual
El wire arrows

It now has a Color DMD & art blades in it..

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Spare- all CAPCOM stuff:
Wireforms
Green ramp tube
Cabinet decals
Plastic sets x 2
Black lights
Manual
El wire arrows

ok I missed your point, my bad. So you currently own a TBL and have the opportunity to swap it to a BBB then ? I mean I would go for it but it's just me...

crazy stuff you got there.

#168 2 years ago

noitbe1
Yeah the BBB was mine and I sold it 5yrs ago.

Have the chance to buy it back.. BBB + Spares =TBL + £8K

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Spare- all CAPCOM stuff:
Wireforms
Green ramp tube
Cabinet decals
Plastic sets x 2
Black lights
Manual
El wire arrows

does it come with both color wireforms? I would pay good money for those. Yes I would make that trade.

#170 2 years ago

I think it comes with the Alien wireform and maybe the right one.. can’t remember

#171 2 years ago

Pleased to say F@*K it…

Plan is to swap my 2 JJP games - Dialed In LE & G&R LE for my old BBB..

Is there a Big Bang Bar owners thread around here!?

What is the deal with Kingpin remake!?

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Pleased to say F@*K it…

This is the only BBB thread and I can say that we are not too many posting in here. Maybe, BBB’s owners are not pinsiders.

Regarding Kingpin, i think it’s pretty much dead. The project is still at the beginning after couple of years and there is no communication whatsoever.

#173 2 years ago

This is the BBB REMAKE thread. I'm holding out for re-recorded voices and callouts!

#174 2 years ago

noitbe1 do you know of the BBB owners website.. made for when the game was being made?

I was a member, found it again yesterday and my password still works!

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

noitbe1 do you know of the BBB owners website.. made for when the game was being made?
I was a member, found it again yesterday and my password still works!

No I don’t. Do you have a link ?

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

No I don’t. Do you have a link ?

https://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/index.php

There's some great info in there as well.

#177 2 years ago

oh yes I saw it. Thanks for sharing and yes and lot of usefull infos for sure. The discussions were so old that I didn't try to register an account. It was the time where there was an active BBB community but I think it's gone now.
Pinhead1982, are you BIGBANGBAR84 ?

#178 2 years ago

That is my username..

Although the guy selling has now changed his mind. So unless I can do a different deal. I may not have BBB

#179 2 years ago

Found this while sorting through some parts at a friend's house:

20220222_135949 (resized).jpg20220222_135949 (resized).jpg20220222_140214 (resized).jpg20220222_140214 (resized).jpg
#180 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Found this while sorting through some parts at a friend's house:
[quoted image][quoted image]

that's a rare one. what the heck happened to her boobs?

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Pleased to say F@*K it…

have you ever seen any spare aliens for sale? I wanted to get one to try an 3d print some as spares, but I've never seen even one before.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

that's a rare one. what the heck happened to her boobs?

It got flattened by getting under heavier parts.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It got flattened by getting under heavier parts.

Ha, I bought that one (for Todd) and one for me in 07’ from Gene Cunningham in person in IL.

That dude took a year to ship it. I sent him a fax 20 page fax a couple times a week till he sent what I paid for.

#184 2 years ago

Too bad with the dancer.
BUT ... I figured out that all dancers will melt away with the years.
The silicone material was not tested to hold 30 years in a warm pinball enviroment.

I saw 2 dancers which were fully damaged.

For my BBB rebuild I bought a "BBB Barbara" here on pinside. It was blue and not very good. But I wanted a green, fluoroscent one.
After failed tests with silicone castind and 3D print I found someone who makes perfect repros. Glow in the dark and fluoroscent, perfect matching green/yellow. And also a hole in the bally for the wireform.
I offered 2 here on pinside and they were sold fast. Maybe I get some more of them, they are expensive but not like the ugly green thing on eBay for 750 Dollar.

Here is a original after 15 years
7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg

Here are the repros

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/129691

But also .. we have no idea how long they will last !

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Ha, I bought that one (for Todd) and one for me in 07’ from Gene Cunningham in person in IL.
That dude took a year to ship it. I sent him a fax 20 page fax a couple times a week till he sent what I paid for.

I was surprised I didnt find more BBB stuff. Evidently that was his only game he kept nearly everything in the game.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

man I would have gone to his house to collect it before waiting that long, thats nuts. why did he say he wasn't shipping it after that long?

#187 2 years ago

Forget about them !
5 years ago I made my cabinet and bought NOS decals from a guy in the UK for hell lot of money.
After all the years of storage the softener in the decals gassed out and it was a pia to bring them on the (perfect prepared) cabinet.

They will tear off while peeling from the carrier film.
It is the same like with the dancers, storing it too long is not better than selling to someone who need it.

I had the same story this week with a sopranos. Bought it but no belt on the dancers. A spare came with the pin but broke in 1000 pieces just from looking on it

Too bad that the deal does not work for you. TBL is a very great pin but you can still buy it new. So BBB is really rare. the last I saw was some years ago for 24.000 EURO. I would never sell my "homemade" BBB.

#188 2 years ago

TomDK it may have been me that sold you the NOS decals. Sorry they did not work out for you.

I’m very impressed that you have made a home made BBB. Does it use Capcom boards?

Anyway, sold the pins (2 JJP) as original deal to other people and paid cash for BBB.

So it’s back on.

191E7ACD-E5F3-4880-917E-7BFEC6EE4A8B (resized).jpeg191E7ACD-E5F3-4880-917E-7BFEC6EE4A8B (resized).jpeg
#189 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

have you ever seen any spare aliens for sale? I wanted to get one to try an 3d print some as spares, but I've never seen even one before.

From my understanding the aliens were made from a mould and then hand painted whilst watching Tv of an evening.

The things that went into making this game, all involved and the story are legends!

So to make new aliens.. would they just need to be scanned by 3D printer software?

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

TomDK it may have been me that sold you the NOS decals. Sorry they did not work out for you.

I’m very impressed that you have made a home made BBB. Does it use Capcom boards?

Yes, this is possible if your name is David
Long time ago. I bought 1 wireform, targets and some other things.
Everything is fine, the decals are onthe cabinett but it was tough work. Nothing for a newbee.

Yes, I made my project and after 5 years it came out great. Everything is working and pinball not used to play BBB do not see a difference.
I used the original boards , I took a Airborne to convert to a BBB and therefor had all needet boards, a cabinett and many wires as a start.

Right now I work on a KingPin, same procedure but basic is a Breakshot plus a full set of boards from my sparebox.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So to make new aliens.. would they just need to be scanned by 3D printer software?

Simple: Yes.
Longer: You can scan the Aliens, we did this with a friend in the netherlands and a professionell eD studio. The pont is, the aliens need to be painted white. Otherwise many details will get lost. So my friend was not too happy to spray the aliens with a corn based color. This corn based color could easily removed with water.
So the scan was done. than we did 3 testprints with different materials.
At least the most expensive material was the best and i bought 2 Aliens in this quality. Drilled holes in and painted them by hand.
I can give you a Emmail to ask for a 3D printed alien. We do not have the files ... the 3D print studio has them due they scanned the alien.

IMG_6160 (resized).JPGIMG_6160 (resized).JPG

This was a first prototype of the mechanic and a printed alien

ED790DCF-2E07-450C-8936-51C6CD437A92 (resized).jpgED790DCF-2E07-450C-8936-51C6CD437A92 (resized).jpg
Right now the guys are doing well and sitting relaxed on the bar, waiting for a ball ... looking really nice. I just sprayed them in purple and than painted with a colored penwriter.

#191 2 years ago

I remember in one of the videos Gene says that a dollop of paint in the alien's mouth helped make the balls roll out better when they turn towards the wireform. Without that, they didn't work as well. I checked mine and sure enough, a dollop of paint.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Yes, this is possible if your name is David
Long time ago. I bought 1 wireform, targets and some other things.
Everything is fine, the decals are onthe cabinett but it was tough work. Nothing for a newbee.
Yes, I made my project and after 5 years it came out great. Everything is working and pinball not used to play BBB do not see a difference.
I used the original boards , I took a Airborne to convert to a BBB and therefor had all needet boards, a cabinett and many wires as a start.
Right now I work on a KingPin, same procedure but basic is a Breakshot plus a full set of boards from my sparebox.

Simple: Yes.
Longer: You can scan the Aliens, we did this with a friend in the netherlands and a professionell eD studio. The pont is, the aliens need to be painted white. Otherwise many details will get lost. So my friend was not too happy to spray the aliens with a corn based color. This corn based color could easily removed with water.
So the scan was done. than we did 3 testprints with different materials.
At least the most expensive material was the best and i bought 2 Aliens in this quality. Drilled holes in and painted them by hand.
I can give you a Emmail to ask for a 3D printed alien. We do not have the files ... the 3D print studio has them due they scanned the alien.
[quoted image]
This was a first prototype of the mechanic and a printed alien
[quoted image]
Right now the guys are doing well and sitting relaxed on the bar, waiting for a ball ... looking really nice. I just sprayed them in purple and than painted with a colored penwriter.

With all of the custom parts, labour, etc., what do you think you have invested in your BBB? How much do you expect to spend for Kingpin?

#193 2 years ago

BBB was with a NOS playfield coated by HEP around 8K Euro.
With my "homemade" playfield it would be under 6K Euro.
The good thing was, I got a AB from a friend for 850 Euro and sold many parts, that was a good start.

KP is much easier, the biggest problem is the "Gun Mechanism". KP hast not so many special parts as BBB.
I had to pay much more for the Breakshot and making my playfield using CNC was more expensive. Last investment was to get the long ramp vaccuum deep drawed. If you make a single prototype you have to invest money and time. I am looking forward to finsh this project this year after around 24 month. So much faster than 5 years for BBB. But now I know for many things what to do and ... very important .. who to ask. Without many helpfull friends in the german pinball community this would not happen.
Also Nick, who made the first playable KingPin, was a big help ! His report is here on pinside.
Maybe I will introduce this project later on ... right now I am renovating a FH for the FH 2.0 adventure. All other projects are on hold.
For KP I miss only the gun mechanism, spinners for the ramps and have to fit the clear ramps. Cabinett is also not finished because I had bad luck and renovated the BS cabinet, but this is not high enough for KP with his ramps. bad luck. Now I have a BK2K cabinet which needs some work.

Are you also Hammerhead on the german forums ?

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

BBB was with a NOS playfield coated by HEP around 8K Euro.
With my "homemade" playfield it would be under 6K Euro.
The good thing was, I got a AB from a friend for 850 Euro and sold many parts, that was a good start.
KP is much easier, the biggest problem is the "Gun Mechanism". KP hast not so many special parts as BBB.
I had to pay much more for the Breakshot and making my playfield using CNC was more expensive. Last investment was to get the long ramp vaccuum deep drawed. If you make a single prototype you have to invest money and time. I am looking forward to finsh this project this year after around 24 month. So much faster than 5 years for BBB. But now I know for many things what to do and ... very important .. who to ask. Without many helpfull friends in the german pinball community this would not happen.
Also Nick, who made the first playable KingPin, was a big help ! His report is here on pinside.
Maybe I will introduce this project later on ... right now I am renovating a FH for the FH 2.0 adventure. All other projects are on hold.
For KP I miss only the gun mechanism, spinners for the ramps and have to fit the clear ramps. Cabinett is also not finished because I had bad luck and renovated the BS cabinet, but this is not high enough for KP with his ramps. bad luck. Now I have a BK2K cabinet which needs some work.

You might be one of the biggest Capcom expert around now with Nick. I can’t even imagine all the issues which you had been through, time and dedication. Just part with AP and make them redo the kingpin !

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Yes I’m on flippermarkt

#196 2 years ago

Amazing stuff..

When I had my BBB there was information about if the CPU went bad.. Actel IC chip - then it would make the game useless.

Has this been fixed by anyone? Has the chip been reverse engineered yet? Gene said he couldn’t do it back in 2006 but can it be done now!?

#197 2 years ago

The chip shows up from time to time, so it is possible to get one.
I bought several boards over the time and the chance to kill such a CPU chip is not very high. The power boards are more a pia but also show up from time to time. The good thing is, they are able to repair. Forget about Spike and JJP stuff On the old boards a repair is possible.
I have a BS PDB with a big burned hole but a unknown solder artist fixed even this. Uggly but working.
However, Gene was in the lucky situation that he got enough boards and chips to make his great rerun.
CMG with the KP remame have a problem. They switched to PROC or so, many options are now open but, truly, I prefer the original system running with a normal display and normal bulbs. The only advantage is that they can programm the code to the end, I have to live with a 95% ready game.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

KP cabinet is not finished because I had bad luck and renovated the Breakshot cabinet, but it is not high enough for KP with its ramps.

Sounds like you need an original Capcom Kingpin lower cabinet like the one I have had since 1996, left over from parting out a Kingpin to restore an Airborne (just kidding). I do have the lower KP cab purchased from a Capcom employee in 1996 when they closed down.
cab 1 (resized).jpgcab 1 (resized).jpg
cab 2 (resized).jpgcab 2 (resized).jpg
cab 3 (resized).jpgcab 3 (resized).jpg
cab 4 (resized).jpgcab 4 (resized).jpg
cab 5 (resized).jpgcab 5 (resized).jpg
cab 6 (resized).jpgcab 6 (resized).jpg
cab 7 (resized).jpgcab 7 (resized).jpg
cab 8 (resized).jpgcab 8 (resized).jpg

#199 2 years ago

Very nice find !!!
That is exactly what I need. But alone shipping (if you wold sell!) would kill me.
I have already redrawn scans from the cabinet. Not 100% but for a hobby project good enough.

It would be great if you could check with a pantone palette the exact color code from the grey ! That would be great if you can help.

Here is my first sample , the Beakshop cabinett .. toooooo bad that this was a mistake.
IMG_0131 (resized).JPEGIMG_0131 (resized).JPEG

This are test prints, I am not happy with the grey.

IMG_1301(1) (resized).JPEGIMG_1301(1) (resized).JPEG

This is the BK2K cab, it fits but need some work and ... decals with perfect grey.

IMG_2506 (resized).JPEGIMG_2506 (resized).JPEG

But this is enough spoiler for now .

#200 2 years ago

Amazing stuff!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-big-bang-big-bang-bar-remake-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.