IMG_7432 (resized).JPG
FE38A53F-14DE-4B2F-8F62-3718DE9C8058 (resized).jpeg
B006E07D-82B2-4D63-B451-BCE5BBABADCE (resized).jpeg
746400F5-D807-41C9-BCC6-7FDE8189A721 (resized).jpeg
A9927E30-E815-4189-8265-6AC9D59C867F (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 months ago

this game is so much fun. I really enjoy all the modes and so on. Only thing is, it needs be set up a bit. I consider myself as an average player and I can go to the final way too often and the modes timer are too short.
I've changes the settings to "hard" for everything and increase the mode timer and the gameplay is much better now.
BBB doesn"t drain often, I can have really long ball play with a lot of extra balls. This game really deserve to be set on the maximum difficulty I think.

#102 7 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

this game is so much fun. I really enjoy all the modes and so on. Only thing is, it needs be set up a bit. I consider myself as an average player and I can go to the final way too often and the modes timer are too short.
I've changes the settings to "hard" for everything and increase the mode timer and the gameplay is much better now.
BBB doesn"t drain often, I can have really long ball play with a lot of extra balls. This game really deserve to be set on the maximum difficulty I think.

Good to know. I will set my difficulty to "hard" when/if they come out with a remake.

#103 7 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Good to know. I will set my difficulty to "hard" when/if they come out with a remake.

Yes, you can get big score during brawl multiball easily and keep the ball a while. The modes are really fun but a bit short. I really love the luna palooza ! Babe scanner too...
I think it’s best to balance more the score on the modes unlike the multiballs and those are more interesting to play. The loop in place multiball is already really easy to get so...
You need to be proud to go to the final and not something to happen really often.

I’ve set the « brawl » to « b » with one letter at the time.
The pool dance to hard.
The modes to 60s (it can go to 120s)
Almost no save ball : 4 s I think.

The underground however is already hard so I reduced the hit from 4 to 3.

No target save between each balls and so on....

#104 7 months ago

This game is a blast. I can’t beleive it didn’t go to production.
There are a lot of toys and innovations and features:
Ramp with light
Diverters for orbit
4 exits for the ramp
Pool dancer with motor
Alien drinkers with motors
3 flippers
Bumpers to light once hit
Neon tube
Ball save kicker
8 drop targets
Getting to the Alien with strong shots
Great animations
A lot of voice and sound effects

I mean at the end that’s .... a lot. Even if you compare with other capcom games, this one was really loaded with features.
I don’t know if this game could have saved Capcom, but this was really the most polished game delivered by Capcom by far, the second one for me is Pinball Magic.

I personaly hope Kingpin to be remade as well, but the videos seems to show a really not finished game: swith hit with no actions, almost no light effects with lamp show.
Last thing, for me it’s better to keep bulbs for the BBB because there are a lot of lightshows great dim effects.

This one will never leave my collection. Probably one of the best game ever made. I wished Capcom had stayed in business...
1AF4419C-90EE-4C0C-AB29-FB0F61B72C24 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#105 6 months ago

I was curious about the real story about CAPCOM and BBB, and had heard alot of stories about random warehouse engineering drawing finds, bankruptcies, non-standard parts, etc. I may have missed this history writeup of Capcom and BBB, but I just ran across it and it seemed like a great read. It answered alot of questions about early pinball, cleared up some folklore along with the rise and fall of chicago's pinball companies, gene cunningham, BBB, etc

It's a long (15 minute) read, but very conversational in tone and easy to follow:

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/3/21/14937540/history-of-big-bang-bar-pinball

1 week later
#106 6 months ago

I’ve changed my back box light system.
The main neon has a blue filter, I added yellow leds and breathing effect on the bottom. The result looks great.
I plugged all from the main cabinet plug

#107 6 months ago

Pic of the back box

8A1CF636-8166-420F-A93C-EB73FE807509 (resized).jpeg

1117AE8F-7686-44A1-8613-738A5D8EA3D2 (resized).png
#108 6 months ago

Here is the effect with multicolor fading on the bottom. It looks fantastic. It matchs perfectly with the theme.

Here is a video on how it looks but it doesn’t do justice to the true colors and effects.

#109 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Here is the effect with multicolor fading on the bottom. It looks fantastic. It matchs perfectly with the theme.
Here is a video on how it looks but it doesn’t do justice to the true colors and effects.

Nice

#110 6 months ago

Thanks ! Actually I plugged the led on the cabinet. Everything would take less than 2 min to remove. Much much better than the original neon light which was way too bright and reflect on the glass when playing. I noticed pinball magic has separate bulbs in back box so probably the neon was a cost saving.

1 month later
#111 4 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

This game is a blast. I can’t beleive it didn’t go to production.
There are a lot of toys and innovations and features:
Ramp with light
Diverters for orbit
4 exits for the ramp
Pool dancer with motor
Alien drinkers with motors
3 flippers
Bumpers to light once hit
Neon tube
Ball save kicker
8 drop targets
Getting to the Alien with strong shots
Great animations
A lot of voice and sound effects
I mean at the end that’s .... a lot. Even if you compare with other capcom games, this one was really loaded with features.
I don’t know if this game could have saved Capcom, but this was really the most polished game delivered by Capcom by far, the second one for me is Pinball Magic.
I personaly hope Kingpin to be remade as well, but the videos seems to show a really not finished game: swith hit with no actions, almost no light effects with lamp show.
Last thing, for me it’s better to keep bulbs for the BBB because there are a lot of lightshows great dim effects.
This one will never leave my collection. Probably one of the best game ever made. I wished Capcom had stayed in business...
[quoted image]

I don’t know if you finished your work on Totan, but i think this one needs a nice code update too. Modes need to be deeper, challenging...unless a new remake comes out.

#112 4 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I don’t know if you finished your work on Totan, but i think this one needs a nice code update too. Modes need to be deeper, challenging...unless a new remake comes out.

Yes I wanted to and start to dig on it. The P-ROC board is not compatible with the Capcom system. The Capcom architecure was way ahead of this tile with 16 bits bus and else.
I have no idea if there are other ways with other control boards.

The Kingpin project for info is based on emulating the ROM, same goes with the CGC remakes.

2 weeks later
#113 4 months ago

I would be in on a remake..re-remake... what a stellar looking game! Hourly I'll get to play one some day! If cgc did a remake I would 100% be on board..I love my mb remake!

#114 4 months ago
Quoted from Blakeski:

I would be in on a remake..re-remake... what a stellar looking game! Hourly I'll get to play one some day! If cgc did a remake I would 100% be on board..I love my mb remake!

It's impressive how well the art and theme holds up. Unfortunately the audio hasn't aged well....although I wonder if it was ever considered "good". If they do remake, they'll need to redo the voices and callouts for me.

#115 4 months ago

Why ?
Everything is great for its time !
Sound and callouts are great .. dont forget, it is a pin of the late 90s. Not a Stern, JJP ....
Animations are great and funny. I love to play it.

#116 4 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Why ?
Everything is great for its time !
Sound and callouts are great .. dont forget, it is a pin of the late 90s. Not a Stern, JJP ....
Animations are great and funny. I love to play it.

The voice of the primary woman/callouts sound like a loud, whining, Marge Simpson.

#117 4 months ago

Your opinion .. dont buy a BBB !

#118 4 months ago

the voices and music are among the best for the pin in this era. My BBB is never leaving and even if there was sound update , I will always keep the originals.
Anyway this is the owner thread so if you're not into your BBB, you might sell it, it seems it still sells pretty well: the last one sold in few hours today.

#119 4 months ago

WRONG .. this is the "Welcome to Big Bang! Big Bang Bar Remake Club "

So if he dont like the sound he will not buy a remake ...

Quoted from noitbe1:

the voices and music are among the best for the pin in this era. My BBB is never leaving and even if there was sound update , I will always keep the originals.
Anyway this is the owner thread so if you're not into your BBB, you might sell it, it seems it still sells pretty well: the last one sold in few hours today.

#120 4 months ago

I doubt there will ever be a remake.

#121 4 months ago

I hate to break it to you guys but the edition of big bang bar that was created by Gene Cunningham and Illinois pinball is considered THE remake.

If and when CGC produces a version of big bang bar It will be a remake of a remake or, remake V2?

#122 4 months ago

I was offered BBB to buy in Houston. The one that was stolen years back.....I was offered this BBB on CL a few years ago...On Craigslist. I declined, he said it given to him stolen. Folded with no legs, shrink wrapped. Person was in the process of moving and had it stolen from his property, midmove... The guy I was communicating with sounded highly medicated at the time but I thought it was a police sting operation.... He said he was sick of it and was going to put it on the street for the trash to take away....should have jumped on it....shit...

#123 4 months ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I hate to break it to you guys but the edition of big bang bar that was created by Gene Cunningham and Illinois pinball is considered THE remake.
If and when CGC produces a version of big bang bar It will be a remake of a remake or, remake V2?

It's a special remake with all genuine electronic, mechanics and some parts (translite for instance),
The number of boards limit the production number because of some chipset impossible to reproduce. They also used the same suppliers for almost everything because they got back and the infos and schematics..
The playfield supplier used was high quality and WMS supplier.
A lot of issues fixed, ramp voltage and design, cabinet art and else.
The orange insert in the middle of bumpers was supposed to come to real production as well by Capcom and implemented by IPB.

To me, it's more a Capcom game than anything else either if technically, IPB produced it.

They has spent so much money to reproduce this pinball at its perfection and it shows, really well built.

#124 4 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

It's impressive how well the art and theme holds up. Unfortunately the audio hasn't aged well....although I wonder if it was ever considered "good". If they do remake, they'll need to redo the voices and callouts for me.

I watched alot of video on this and the audio seems "cool" like I don't think it was bad but kinda corny. But that's what makes every machine different! C'MON CGC DO IT!!!

1 month later
#125 3 months ago

This thread has been quiet lately and I thought it would be great to share a new video on youtube with the finale. One of the best game ever !

1 month later
#126 56 days ago

Up
I was wondering if this game has a wizard mode or just cycling to the beginning?
Thx

1 week later
#127 46 days ago

Has a wizard mode

4 weeks later
#128 17 days ago

Seems like BBB is going up in value! , last BBB sold on ebay (was for sale on Pinside too) for 29000 dollars at its price.
I’m not surprised, one of the best pinball ever made and should have saved Capcom.
It’s gonna be harder and harder to find one I guess.

ebay.com link: itm

#129 12 days ago

Fellas, it's highly probable that I'll never even come close to a BBB pin, let alone owning one, but that didn't stop me from decorating my flat (or "condo" for those of you on the other side of the pond) with a little piece of this unique pin.

Took me 3 months to do, had to vector out all the individual characters, etc. for it to come out right in print. The whole thing is roughly 7ft by 3ft, printed out on some poly material (it's flexible, but durable). It's attached to the wall, in between the moulding.

57607050673__EFBB8185-4797-412D-9E89-D3F1EB9A9FCB.JPG

@Edit

I just realised I have the render file on my cloud drive. Here it is, I reduced it by 90% just because the whole thing is 18MB (the operating file is 237MB ).

BBBrender1 (resized).png

#130 12 days ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

but that didn't stop me from decorating my flat (or "condo" for those of you on the other side of the pond) with a little piece of this unique pin.

Amazing. Looks great. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

LTG : )

#131 11 days ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Fellas, it's highly probable that I'll never even come close to a BBB pin, let alone owning one, but that didn't stop me from decorating my flat (or "condo" for those of you on the other side of the pond) with a little piece of this unique pin.
Took me 3 months to do, had to vector out all the individual characters, etc. for it to come out right in print. The whole thing is roughly 7ft by 3ft, printed out on some poly material (it's flexible, but durable). It's attached to the wall, in between the moulding.

[quoted image]

I like it!

#132 11 days ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

[quoted image]
@Edit
I just realised I have the render file on my cloud drive. Here it is, I reduced it by 90% just because the whole thing is 18MB (the operating file is 237MB ).
[quoted image]

I will pay you for a copy, that came out incredible!

#133 11 days ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

[quoted image]
@Edit
[quoted image]

That is so cool. Would love a copy!!

#134 11 days ago

Thanks for the kind words! I'm getting more messages asking if I could share the file. If the interest keeps up, I'll make a thread with the file and tips for printing. This was purely a personal decorative project, but I'm glad it's been received with such warmth.

#135 11 days ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

I'm getting more messages asking if I could share the file.
If interest keeps up I'll make a thread with the file and tips for printing.

I'm interested in the file. You did a great job!

#136 9 days ago

FYI, file's up for download with printing tips:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-gameroom-poster

Sorry it took so long!

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside