Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1117AE8F-7686-44A1-8613-738A5D8EA3D2 (resized).png
8A1CF636-8166-420F-A93C-EB73FE807509 (resized).jpeg
1AF4419C-90EE-4C0C-AB29-FB0F61B72C24 (resized).jpeg
6813B881-E2DB-4E8A-B3D5-182C35FF5868 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7375 (resized).JPG
IMG_7446 (resized).JPG
IMG_7432 (resized).JPG
FE38A53F-14DE-4B2F-8F62-3718DE9C8058 (resized).jpeg
B006E07D-82B2-4D63-B451-BCE5BBABADCE (resized).jpeg
746400F5-D807-41C9-BCC6-7FDE8189A721 (resized).jpeg
A9927E30-E815-4189-8265-6AC9D59C867F (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
BBB.PF.bumpers.cropped (resized).jpg
IMG_20200516_171240.jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

With the rumors/talking about a possible remake from CGC (2019?), Why not open a club right now!With Kingpin,BBB is THE game im really looking for,what about you?Are you in?

KP4 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

I like the way you think. BBBr would be a lot of fun. If MB is remake #3 I hope BBB is remake #4. A lot of us have never seen or played one.

#3 2 years ago

Why wouldn’t it be James and the crew who is making kingpin?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

The future will tell,too early for the moment

#5 2 years ago

In for an LE I it is Big Bang bar one killer game fingers crossed

#6 2 years ago

BBBr or MBr... shut up and take my money.

#7 2 years ago

My understanding is if CGC/PPS makes BBB it would be the Williams version not the Capcom version.
Willams was working on a version before they closed the pinball side of the business.
This would be ALOT more work than just remaking Monster Bash or Cactus Canyon so I doubt BBB would be a reality.
I really wish it would be, but I doubt it.

Quoted from shlockdoc:

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My understanding is if CGC/PPS makes BBB it would be the Williams version not the Capcom version.
Willams was working on a version before they closed the pinball side of the business.
This would be ALOT more work than just remaking Monster Bash or Cactus Canyon so I doubt BBB would be a reality.

I didn’t know Williams were working on a BBB. Did it look like capcom one?
Anyway, it is easier to remake the capcom BBB and I don’t know where you saw CGC/PPS were talking about Williams version. PPS has the rights of capcom BBB so it seems obvious that is capcom version that would be remade

#9 2 years ago

I'm sure they will find a way when they see them selling for 15-20k and know there is money being left on the table.

#10 2 years ago

Big Bang Bar....I'm IN!

alien_dance.gif

#11 2 years ago

According to this article:
http://www.flippers.be/pinball/capcom/bigbangbar/bigbangbar.html

"Something which not a lot of people know is that after Capcom closed, Williams bought the rights to the game and investigated if they could produce this game. One prototype playfield has been made, using Williams own parts. The project was cancelled, because the technical differences between both brands were just too large. One of the problems for instance was that Williams flipper coils were just not strong enough to get the pinball onto the steep ramp, Capcom coils were more powerful."

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I didn’t know Williams were working on a BBB. Did it look like capcom one?
Anyway, it is easier to remake the capcom BBB and I don’t know where you saw CGC/PPS were talking about Williams version. PPS has the rights of capcom BBB so it seems obvious that is capcom version that would be remade

#12 2 years ago

Keep dreaming

#13 2 years ago

According to this article:
http://www.flippers.be/pinball/capcom/bigbangbar/bigbangbar.html
"Something which not a lot of people know is that after Capcom closed, Williams bought the rights to the game and investigated if they could produce this game. One prototype playfield has been made, using Williams own parts. The project was cancelled, because the technical differences between both brands were just too large. One of the problems for instance was that Williams flipper coils were just not strong enough to get the pinball onto the steep ramp, Capcom coils were more powerful."

Ok...

...But is there any issue about capcom BBB remake now?

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Keep dreaming

Dreaming is not expensive, so...

#15 2 years ago

Monster Bash as remake 3, then Big Bang Bar as remake 4? I better save! Definitely in.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

With the rumors/talking about a possible remake from CGC (2019?), Why not open a club right now!With Kingpin,BBB is THE game im really looking for,what about you?Are you in?

Of course i’m in!
Owned it in the past but I could not keep it as it was twice the price of an LE game. This was a great experience. I love the ambiance as much as my MM so you can imagine I really love it. Artwork is so fantastic with the fluorescent cabinet decals. The ramp is just awesome and an already solid gameplay.

(i like the concept...and if i had Franck’s permission I would open a Wooly’s club as this game deserves to be built too.)

2 weeks later
#17 2 years ago

Great thread!
So how many are we?
I think a thread about who is selling a BBB would get more success! Never seen so many for sale in Europe..

2 months later
#18 2 years ago

I'm in for both MB and BBB, lets hope that both will be remakes.

3 months later
#19 2 years ago

Just found this group - I'm saving my quarters for a BBB

I've played an original first run at SS Billiards (owned by LLoyd aka LTG).

Jeremy
Pinball Mayhem

#20 2 years ago

I think there's a high chance for a BBB remake, although I don't think it'll be game #4 from CGC (my money is on CC). Well, fingers crossed...

#21 2 years ago

Yes ... BBB would be great ... all other games are available in restored condition for some bucks more.

#22 2 years ago

Until we got a remake,i watch thoses pictures frequently,damn i love that BBB
http://www.bbbpictures.com/

#23 2 years ago

Very nice (great pics). Since you went there I will offer a gameplay vid.
Played on a Capcom built BBB on location at SS Billiards in Hopkins MN. Filmed by me and my friends
-Jeremy (Pinball Mayhem)

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Until we got a remake,i watch thoses pictures frequently,damn i love that BBB
http://www.bbbpictures.com/

Bless you for this link!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Bless you for this link!

Next up Red Line Fever.

1 year later
#26 1 year ago

Recently re-joined the club. What a beautiful game and the previous owner took perfect care of it flawless. Sold mine years ago and vowed to bring this game back home again. Bar is open and loving it. Color display already ordered!

F7CB994B-9C4A-49B9-BBFE-5B765A4D8D0C (resized).jpeg
#27 1 year ago

I miss mine. Hope to have room for another one someday.

#28 1 year ago

I would definitely buy a BBB and the king pin. Capcom electrical design was way ahead of its time in the mid 90’s, they just had bad timing in the market. If they were a few years before they would have been competing for the WPC games as the top spot.

A friend of mine years ago had the Capcom machibe that williams bought from Capcom as they were closing. This machibe got taken apart to reverse engineer. It got put back together and was a little beat up from all the work. I only got to play this original game 5 or 6 times, but knew it was something special. No idea where this game is today, but guarantee it’s still out there.
Because of the fun playing the original I put a down payment on the Gene Cunningham BBB remake.

Sold my Gene Cunningham BBB a few years back and it’s one of the only pins I sold that I really miss. Needed a few $$ and it was the highest $$ pin easiest sale pin in my collection at the time.
The next time a BBB shows up won’t ever leave.

#29 1 year ago

I have no pin funds right now, but if BBBr is the next remake I am in! (I will sell a kidney or something)

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from athens95:

It got put back together

Quoted from athens95:

No idea where this game is today

It was at Pinball Expo many times. Last I recall was the year the Fireside Chat had the BBB Capcom team.

LTG : )

#31 1 year ago

I bought in on Gene's BBBr back in 2004/05' game #111. It was $4500 plus $300 to ship.

I terribly regret selling it about 4 years ago. I'd be back in for BBBr &/or KingPinr... even if it meant selling a handful of my pins.

#32 1 year ago

The problem with the remake rumor (if it was a rumor) is that those of us with BBBs were faced with a choice: Either sell right away a bit below the peak price or keep and accept the reality that the value would be way less than peak price and end up around the remake price. I was faced with this dilemma on many of my games, including BBB, CCC, MM, AFM, and MB. I kept the last three and sold BBB and CCC because those two games had the largest potential loss in value. It’s a shame that I had to view my collection from the financial aspect, but sometimes the head trumps the heart. Hopefully, they will follow through and remake BBB so I can justify getting another one.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have no pin funds right now, but if BBBr is the next remake I am in! (I will sell a kidney or something)

After all you've been through Keep those kidneys as you of all know how precious life is. While CG could some day make BBB I suspect it will be Long time till that happens and until then I will once again enjoy this wonderful and fun game. Plus the ever so unique Long story of Gene's journey to make this last run will forever be encapsulated within this cabinet which can never be recreated. Crazy times...

1 week later
#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

After all you've been through Keep those kidneys as you of all know how precious life is. While CG could some day make BBB I suspect it will be Long time till that happens and until then I will once again enjoy this wonderful and fun game. Plus the ever so unique Long story of Gene's journey to make this last run will forever be encapsulated within this cabinet which can never be recreated. Crazy times...

You have a point I am gunna need both kidneys to process all the meds I have to take. I go in for radiation treatment to try and beat this brain tumor for the 2nd time next week, maybe the doctor can shoot radiation into the area of my brain that makes me obsess about pinball all the time

#35 1 year ago

You have a point I am gunna need both kidneys to process all the meds I have to take. I go in for radiation treatment to try and beat this brain tumor for the 2nd time next week, maybe the doctor can shoot radiation into the area of my brain that makes me obsess about pinball all the time

Very happy to see you are facing this next life challenge with a smile and humor. I Sincerely wish you a strong and speedy path through treatment. Having faced this with a family member you and your family need to stay strong and I do wish you All the best as you Will get through this again!!!

#36 1 year ago

I hope for your treatment and recovery my friend !

#37 1 year ago

All the best to you !!! Come back soon and healthy !!

#38 1 year ago

Welcome to the Big Bang Bar "Red Planet" floating mod. For the coolest game in the solar system we offer this custom made translucent Big Bang mod. Solid Translucent resin finish with integrated LED lighting so it looks awesome lit or not. Floating florescent green rings with hand painted 3D letters make it feel like its Flying out of your game. Scary... A perfect plug and play add on to accent this beautiful game and theme. Get yours now before the bar closes!!! More details and options available via our online store.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com.

The Mod Couple

1a (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#39 1 year ago

Hmm, a new mod for a very limited game. Do you have some inside info on Chicago Coin releasing BBB remake?

#40 1 year ago

Ps, it looks great!

#41 1 year ago

Is it wired for a remake ???

#42 1 year ago

I would not be surprised if the next game is BBBR

#43 1 year ago

I see a bunch of folks reselling their BBBs now and lots of buzz about it being remade. I really don’t see it happening. Might be wishful thinking. You’d have to relicense Capcom name and rights. Pretty sure they weren’t perpetual.

Best of luck to you sir, Godspeed. I hope you beat it!

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Welcome to the Big Bang Bar "Red Planet" floating mod. For the coolest game in the solar system we offer this custom made translucent Big Bang mod. Solid Translucent resin finish with integrated LED lighting so it looks awesome lit or not. Floating florescent green rings with hand painted 3D letters make it feel like its Flying out of your game. Scary... A perfect plug and play add on to accent this beautiful game and theme. Get yours now before the bar closes!!! More details and options available via our online store.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com.

The Mod Couple

Hey Dave. Could you send me one of them "B"s for my statue ? You must have a lot of them to glue onto the globes.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

I would not be surprised if the next game is BBBR

We have No knowledge nor any intuition that any BBB game will be made now or any time soon. In fact from what I have heard this title if ever is far down the list. We simply love the game and wanted to create something we thought would be fitting. And as a very Minor supporter to Gene in his quest to build this amazing game it’s a minor tribute to his accomplishment. I would not buy this assuming a new game is coming any time soon.

2 months later
#46 10 months ago

What's a brand new ramp EL decal worth?

#47 10 months ago

150 to 250 dollar.

I bought one here in Germany for 190 EURO.
If needet I have a PCB for the El-Foil Left ... a friend made them.

Do you have any wireramps left ??

#48 10 months ago

Hi.
Is BBB been remade?
Thanks

#49 10 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi.
Is BBB been remade?
Thanks

Technically yes. 10 plus years ago by Gene.

#50 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Technically yes. 10 plus years ago by Gene.

Lol!
So will It be re-remade?
As i was away from pins for a year, i don’t know if there is something new.
It is one of the funniest game in my book.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside