• Latest reply 27 days ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2096 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tLzMvZmUvZmUvM2ZlZmU0YmI3MGEyMWI4MDExMzQ5YTlmNGY4ZWFlMjhlYzk1ZTBlYS5qcGc (resized).jpg
IMG_9813 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1695137065811 (resized).jpg
Dancer Blue (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-08-15 um 22.42.42 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-08-15 um 22.42.42 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Bild 2023-08-08 um 15.09.09 (resized).jpg
IMG_3836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8438 (resized).JPG
IMG_2805 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7375 (resized).JPG
20230730_195321 (resized).jpg
IMG_3801 (resized).jpeg
cf4cda8f-afc3-447d-88a2-0677c6b9ca32 (resized).jpg
There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Reached to Herg directly - he believed Comet was in process of making another batch currently...hooray!!
Edit- heard back from Comet today and they are indeed making another batch of Capcom LED OCD's....might be the only one in here that wants, needs one....but wanted to pass info on

I want was as well. On their email list. Thanks for the update!

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

The LEDOCD board is a must if going to LEDs. I found a set in the marketplace a few months back. I never get that lucky! The guy sold them to me for under new cost. Keep looking....some may turn up. I hope Comet starts selling them soon.

Under new cost? Holy smokes! I was lucky enough to secure a spare one, it was sadly not under new cost though. Glad to see Comet is doing another run of these.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Under new cost? Holy smokes! I was lucky enough to secure a spare one, it was sadly not under new cost though. Glad to see Comet is doing another run of these.

Don't feel bad tiger...I hear about these deals but never seem to find them, lol

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I want to thank matlynch91 for the lead on a replacement brass card for the apron. I need to call them.
For anyone that has yet to modernize their BBBr I thought I'd share a couple of pics of how mine came out. I was quite pleased when I was able to source a Capcom LED OCD board for it. Non-ghosting LEDs were partially successful but definitely not worth the time (in hindsight.) Let's hope Comet comes through with a remake of Herg's excellent solution. Non-glare PDI/Invisiglass for this title is also absolutely worth the expense.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok....second time I've seen that wall neon....any chance these are still around? Perfect for the gameroom

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok....second time I've seen that wall neon....any chance these are still around? Perfect for the gameroom

yeah they are on ebay, that's where i grabbed mine.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

yeah they are on ebay, that's where i grabbed mine.

Boom!!

Put a few games on it tonight ( just in the shop)...major fun!!! Have serious honeymoon going on

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yup. I couldn't hand my money over fast enough. He just wanted to help someone since he knew they couldn't be found. Good dude.

#158 1 year ago

I want to thank matlynch91 for the lead on a replacement brass card for the apron. I need to call them.
For anyone that has yet to modernize their BBBr I thought I'd share a couple of pics of how mine came out. I was quite pleased when I was able to source a Capcom LED OCD board for it. Non-ghosting LEDs were partially successful but definitely not worth the time (in hindsight.) Let's hope Comet comes through with a remake of Herg's excellent solution. Non-glare PDI/Invisiglass for this title is also absolutely worth the expense.

It looks like the OCD board disturbs the pins internal failure management.
304 lamp errors

Does the OCD board support the dimming and fading effects from Capcom ?

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Welcome to the BBB club Mark ! I hope ypu will enjoy yours. You may post a picture of it.

Couple pics of #44 as requested

Not final resting place in lineup, but wanred to represent, lol

PDI - ordered
LED OCD- on wait list
Mirrored backglass - ordered
Toms dancer - received ( current looks good)
Decals perfect ( minor bubble by left rear leg...might toy w it a little)

Thing barely looks like it was played...will be going OCD on it over next few weeks...

Now, just enjoying the experience!!

What a freakin beautiful, pure fun game!
20230225_105337 (resized).jpg20230225_105337 (resized).jpg20230225_105352 (resized).jpg20230225_105352 (resized).jpg20230225_105447 (resized).jpg20230225_105447 (resized).jpg20230225_105620 (resized).jpg20230225_105620 (resized).jpg20230225_105943 (resized).jpg20230225_105943 (resized).jpg

20230225_145414 (resized).jpg20230225_145414 (resized).jpg
#160 1 year ago

If you've seen my gameroom pics, you're aware of my casual style of play as the night progresses

20230225_143953 (resized).jpg20230225_143953 (resized).jpg

#161 1 year ago

Mhh .. check the position of your dancer. She seems to be to much to the right.
Very nice pin !!

@all:
I made sveral new sets of target and spinner decals.
A set is 20 Euro .. let me know if someone need some. Also I have 2 dancers left.

IMG_7668 (resized).JPEGIMG_7668 (resized).JPEGIMG_7670 (resized).JPEGIMG_7670 (resized).JPEG
#162 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhh .. check the position of your dancer. She seems to be to much to the right.
Very nice pin !!
@all:
I made sveral new sets of target and spinner decals.
A set is 20 Euro .. let me know if someone need some. Also I have 2 dancers left.

She's spinning fine, but will check alignment when I swap her w yours, lol ...any heads up is appreciated, as this is my only Capcom, so going slow on exploratory mission.

Speaking of which....no wrinkles around leg decals ( except minor bubble I'd mentioned prior...like to keep it that way.

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

She's spinning fine, but will check alignment when I swap her w yours, lol ...any heads up is appreciated, as this is my only Capcom, so going slow on exploratory mission.
Speaking of which....no wrinkles around leg decals ( except minor bubble I'd mentioned prior...like to keep it that way.

It looks like her purple belt is broken? Planetary Pinball had them available until recently and Pinsider tdunbar made some replacements awhile back.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

It looks like her purple belt is broken? Planetary Pinball had them available until recently and Pinsider tdunbar made some replacements awhile back.

Hmm...can someone post a closeup of what it should look like proper? She's been spinning pretty good, but maybe she is tipsy

(belt appears to attach to tube through a small hole in the back. Doesn't look broken, but possibly)

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

can someone post a closeup of what it should look like proper? She's been spinning pretty good,

She shouldn't spin. She should be gyrating.

This is a picture of an original Capcom one.

LTG : )

DSC00794 (resized).JPGDSC00794 (resized).JPG
#166 1 year ago

It looks like the tube is spun around.....but its hard to see. The c clip should be in the back.

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

She shouldn't spin. She should be gyrating.
This is a picture of an original Capcom one.
[quoted image]

Thanks Lloyd...not certain of terminology yet, lol

She's definitely moving..will believe " belt" around her waist to be secure, having her face straight, then she sort of moves ( gyrates) left/ right?

Will play some now and pay more attention

#168 1 year ago

So purple plastic belt appears to be attached...post goes through hole in tube and secured w a c clip.

Haven't taken apart ( yet), but almost looks like tube itself is rotated a bit (?)

Ok, dammit...I'm going in...

20230225_191041 (resized).jpg20230225_191041 (resized).jpg
#169 1 year ago

The plastic cylinder has come unglued on mine several times. It connects to the base at the bottom I just re-glued it with the UV glue. We will see if it holds this time.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So purple plastic belt appears to be attached...post goes through hole in tube and secured w a c clip.
Haven't taken apart ( yet), but almost looks like tube itself is rotated a bit (?)
Ok, dammit...I'm going in...
[quoted image]

If that’s the original dancer and the belt isn’t broken I’d guess that she is twisting out of shape.

#171 1 year ago

Bingo! Tube had come loose from base. Changed dancer while I was at it. Original a bit flabby ( to be expected I guess) while Tom's was very firm.

Tight fit back through her belt, using 3m 4475 to secure the tube.

Good grief!! Probably most awkward toy repair Ive ever done to a game, lol. Was apologizing the whole time...

20230225_194450 (resized).jpg20230225_194450 (resized).jpg
#172 1 year ago

Umm...onward to adjusting a leaf switch while I have the glass off....

1 week later
#173 1 year ago

My last dancer is looking for a new home.
This is the last one until summer. "Last call".

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129691

Cheers
Tom

#174 1 year ago

Mirrored backglass- check
Neon- check
PDI- check

Loving this game!!

20230313_190244 (resized).jpg20230313_190244 (resized).jpg
#175 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

It looks like the OCD board disturbs the pins internal failure management.
304 lamp errors
Does the OCD board support the dimming and fading effects from Capcom ?

Tom, yes, Herg's OCD board fully supports Capcom's dimming and fading effects. PM being the one that comes to mind as using it the most. Your light shows are not impacted. Well worth the effort to switch over.

#176 1 year ago

Tom, yes, Herg's OCD board fully supports Capcom's dimming and fading effects. PM being the one that comes to mind as using it the most. Your light shows are not impacted. Well worth the effort to switch over.

Have my led's ready....love Hergs board on some of my other games. Can't wait to make the switch!!

#177 1 year ago

I have a set of Big Bang Bar decals - original ones used by Gene.
Looking for £400 for the set + postage

Might be listing a few other things too, like green tube, plastic set etc

1 week later
#178 1 year ago

Well things move fast..
My BBB story has been up and down- I bought it, sold it, bought it again (same machine)

Now with divorce incoming, I need to sell it again .

So up for sale is BBB#84 of PMI remake.
Beautiful condition,

PM if interested- for more photos etc

located in the UK

89CD9C71-86F8-4CB8-B9A4-AC3A54ECB29E (resized).jpeg89CD9C71-86F8-4CB8-B9A4-AC3A54ECB29E (resized).jpegD809D31F-5D71-4A40-929A-B70A4D32D606 (resized).jpegD809D31F-5D71-4A40-929A-B70A4D32D606 (resized).jpeg
#179 1 year ago

Message(s) sent.

#180 1 year ago

Comet has LEDOCD boards back in stock for Capcom!!! Make sure to get the BBB wiring harness accessory. Hooray!!! Mine is coming....

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Well things move fast..
My BBB story has been up and down- I bought it, sold it, bought it again (same machine)
Now with divorce incoming, I need to sell it again .
So up for sale is BBB#84 of PMI remake.
Beautiful condition,
PM if interested- for more photos etc
located in the UK

Nice art blades!!! Who makes (made) those....GLWS..doubt it will take long at all

#182 1 year ago

I think it is Retro Refurbs that did the side art.

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nice art blades!!! Who makes (made) those....GLWS..doubt it will take long at all

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=Big+bang+bar&post_type=product

#185 1 year ago

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Comet has LEDOCD boards back in stock for Capcom!!! Make sure to get the BBB wiring harness accessory. Hooray!!! Mine is coming....

#186 1 year ago

Now for that elusive topper…

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Now for that elusive topper…

Exactly!!

1 week later
#188 1 year ago

We really need a run of the topper. Law ghosted us on this one.

#189 1 year ago

Big thanks to David for the original IPB decals set. I might have enough spare parts to build a second BBB lol.
That was the first tile I saw one for sale so I don’t know if there are too many.

C06B92E6-AA73-49CD-B85D-A7413CBD8620 (resized).jpegC06B92E6-AA73-49CD-B85D-A7413CBD8620 (resized).jpegD65485F4-4C8B-48ED-9E7C-D70FC51119C6 (resized).jpegD65485F4-4C8B-48ED-9E7C-D70FC51119C6 (resized).jpeg

#190 1 year ago

I’ve added the same disco blade as the one of the Proto. It was given to me by the previous owner and not installed and it seems to be the exact same one as the one shown on the Capcom presentation with the original prototype.
The effect is great with the lightning :

28086ABA-C7B8-41B2-BD96-931C939996C8 (resized).jpeg28086ABA-C7B8-41B2-BD96-931C939996C8 (resized).jpeg8A6B7621-AE3C-4FA7-9786-1C028300BC17 (resized).jpeg8A6B7621-AE3C-4FA7-9786-1C028300BC17 (resized).jpeg
#191 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Big thanks to David for the original IPB decals set. I might have enough spare parts to build a second BBB lol.
That was the first tile I saw one for sale so I don’t know if there are too many.

You should use this decals very fast.
When I build my BBBr 5 years ago I used also original decals from IPC.
The decals were very sensitiv to work with. They had little cracks due the age. The softener outgases with the years.
However, a good buy !! The chepish bad copies from retofurbs are just cheap digital print with no glow effect.

P1000433 (resized).JPGP1000433 (resized).JPG
#192 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You should use this decals very fast.
When I build my BBBr 5 years ago I used also original decals from IPC.
The decals were very sensitiv to work with. They had little cracks due the age. The softener outgases with the years.
However, a good buy !! The chepish bad copies from retofurbs are just cheap digital print with no glow effect.[quoted image]

Ok, good to know. thanks for sharing

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

They aren't officially produced. Both Law and I pur

Quoted from noitbe1:

I’ve added the same disco blade as the one of the Proto. It was given to me by the previous owner and not installed and it seems to be the exact same one as the one shown on the Capcom presentation with the original prototype.
The effect is great with the lightning :[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the uninstalled ones from the previous owner that were issued by Capcom. You don't see them often but they were on the prototype

#194 1 year ago

Finally got around to putting TomDK’s tube dancer in the game. Good to have her back on the pole, but man what a fiddly task! Funny thing, for some reason I can’t bare to part with the twisted old gal.

060BB87E-4F85-4A44-B13A-4F1B2620FD80 (resized).jpeg060BB87E-4F85-4A44-B13A-4F1B2620FD80 (resized).jpeg
#195 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Funny thing, for some reason I can’t bare to part with the twisted old gal.

Contortionist for your circus side show model.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Finally got around to putting TomDK’s tube dancer in the game. Good to have her back on the pole, but man what a fiddly task! Funny thing, for some reason I can’t bare to part with the twisted old gal.
[quoted image]

Its such a weird material they are made of I put the old one I had on a nail as a little decoration by my work desk and it just started to droop down.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Apologies. I never heard back from my guy and I’ve been bogged down at work. I will ping him again. The topper is great. The black light it emits is awesome.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Apologies. I never heard back from my guy and I’ve been bogged down at work. I will ping him again. The topper is great. The black light it emits is awesome.

No prob. Thanks for trying for us!

1 week later
#199 1 year ago

Question:

Behind the 3-bank droptargets are 2 switches.
What are this switches for ??
If you hit the third target the droptargets will come up again. So really no time to hit the two targets.

Any idea ??

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Question:
Behind the 3-bank droptargets are 2 switches.
What are this switches for ??
If you hit the third target the droptargets will come up again. So really no time to hit the two targets.
Any idea ??

Great question. I've gotten to a mode where the drop targets will stay down. Don't remember what mode. I've hit the target switches and have not seen anything happen. Would like to know the answer to this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-big-bang-big-bang-bar-official-waitress-chasers-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.