IMG_3608 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8952 (resized).JPG
IMG_7872 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1673742186355 (resized).jpg
D60E3C5E-F42D-433D-8FF4-1D7A3C6289F9 (resized).jpeg
E8C0BB3D-A4F6-4700-8E12-76C98FDB0910 (resized).jpeg
7525419cbb73004a841b2e122e2887b5753721fd (resized).jpg
AD8D7B4F-983F-4A3F-87EF-587D7D014AD6 (resized).jpeg

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 25 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, mine too, and it’s awesome. How does this new mirrored glass in they to the real backglass you and I have?

I haven't seen one in person, but the remake in photos appears more metallic looking. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, I am curious what would look like side by side.

#102 25 days ago

I would be in for a topper.

#103 25 days ago

Would be curious about how the led strips were powered. Can you post pics of that? I want to remove the fluorescent bulb.

#104 24 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Would be curious about how the led strips were powered. Can you post pics of that? I want to remove the fluorescent bulb.

This is how I realized it.
A RGB LED stripe around innerside of the backbox.
Connected to 12 Volts from Powerboard and Ground.
Glass in and than I tried the different colors. On this blue color the orig. translite has kind of a 3D effect . Its hard to catch on a picture but if you stand in front of the pin it looks like the green tubes are coming out of the pic.
The fluoroscent tube is original but the light is not so nice.

I hope you mean the backbox lightning and not the fluoroscent tube in the back of the cabinett.

IMG_7872 (resized).JPGIMG_8952 (resized).JPGIMG_3608 (resized).JPEG
#105 24 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is how I realized it.
A RGB LED stripe around innerside of the backbox.
Connected to 12 Volts from Powerboard and Ground.
Glass in and than I tried the different colors. On this blue color the orig. translite has kind of a 3D effect . Its hard to catch on a picture but if you stand in front of the pin it looks like the green tubes are coming out of the pic.
The fluoroscent tube is original but the light is not so nice.
I hope you mean the backbox lightning and not the fluoroscent tube in the back of the cabinett.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this detail. Where on the board did you get the 12v power?

#106 24 days ago

Have a look in the schematics ... J15 / 8-11 should work

pasted_image (resized).png
#107 22 days ago

Mirrored backglass installed. Also had Steve at Pin Refinery do a set of armor in candy electro purple - turned out really well.

A886471A-A68C-42D8-895F-DC8757BB6480 (resized).jpegB1BF319D-022F-48A0-860C-5210A00C5AAC (resized).jpeg
#108 22 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would most definitely be in.
Still have the question about airballs guys. Am I alone or is it common with this game?

I haven't noticed that many on mine.

#109 22 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

+1 ... not really a problem.

#110 22 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

Me too

#111 22 days ago

Good to know. May need to look in to this. I have balls flying all over this thing.

#112 21 days ago

If you have too many airballs, reduce the strength of the flipper coils in the adjustments.

#113 21 days ago

I thought that this might be of interest here...

RUMOR: Unexpected Company to Remake One of the World's Rarest Pinball Machines This Spring

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/rumor-unexpected-company-to-remake-one-of-the-world-s-rarest-pinball-machines-this-spring

972503_4065979ab45c4444820af979eca6d378_mv2 (resized).png
#114 21 days ago

I began a new thread based on the Knapp Arcade article.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-re-make-2023#post-7356600

#115 21 days ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

If you have too many airballs, reduce the strength of the flipper coils in the adjustments.

I did reduce a bit. All the airballs are off the drop targets. I lowered them a touch and its much better now. Only issue is with the lower flipper power I can't get it all the way up and over the ramp from a left flipper backhand.

#116 21 days ago

Some good dudes in pinball. Got this as a Christmas present from a local pin head.

95BF4496-F555-42BC-9390-381C0D0A3982 (resized).jpeg
#117 20 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I did reduce a bit. All the airballs are off the drop targets. I lowered them a touch and its much better now. Only issue is with the lower flipper power I can't get it all the way up and over the ramp from a left flipper backhand.

That's exactly the point on adjustment: make the ramp from left backhand possible, but not too easy. Maybe you have to level the pin a little bit.

#118 20 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Some good dudes in pinball. Got this as a Christmas present from a local pin head.
[quoted image]

That's pretty neat. I'm guessing he used to own the machine as well?

#119 20 days ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

That's exactly the point on adjustment: make the ramp from left backhand possible, but not too easy. Maybe you have to level the pin a little bit.

Agreed. That's what I was trying for. Here is the biggest issue...this drop target. The ball will fly anywhere depending on the exact point of impact on these drop targets. I'm wondering if I can angle the drop targets a bit so they won't angle back so much once hit and throw the ball in the air.

#120 16 days ago

For those joining the club later.
I will have 3 more dancer available.
Can be shipped on 02/11/23

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/129691

#121 16 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

For those joining the club later.
I will have 3 more dancer available.
Can be shipped on 02/11/23

I would... but my poor dancer will probably be out of work for a long while...

#122 16 days ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

[quoted image]

That supplemental manual is awesome!! Didn’t know it existed. Also never seen the BBB manual in Yellow!

#123 15 days ago

Two noob questions for the group: (1) has anyone had experience with the outline kicker sticking open? Works fine in diagnostic test, but then stays open and won’t let balls in the drain hole. (2) played a few games and all of a sudden the slingshots starting firing randomly - seemingly connected to the flippers, but also firing random and in rapid succession. Any thoughts?

#124 15 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Two noob questions for the group: (1) has anyone had experience with the outline kicker sticking open? Works fine in diagnostic test, but then stays open and won’t let balls in the drain hole. (2) played a few games and all of a sudden the slingshots starting firing randomly - seemingly connected to the flippers, but also firing random and in rapid succession. Any thoughts?

If the slings are firing without a ball hitting you likely need to adjust the adjust the switch gap a bit as they may be too sensitive. The outlane kicker.....if its sticking open something is likely hanging it up and not letting it return. Try manually pushing the plunger from under the playfield and see if anything is sticking. The coil isn't staying energized right?

#125 14 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

If the slings are firing without a ball hitting you likely need to adjust the adjust the switch gap a bit as they may be too sensitive. The outlane kicker.....if its sticking open something is likely hanging it up and not letting it return. Try manually pushing the plunger from under the playfield and see if anything is sticking. The coil isn't staying energized right?

I think he’ll need to remove the apron to access the outlane kicker.

#126 14 days ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I think he’ll need to remove the apron to access the outlane kicker.

Yep. Apron removed and kicker solved. Not sure what was making it stick, but solved. Now onto the slingshots. Only only one if the swifches responds and it’s sporadic almost like there is a short somewhere or it’s not fully connected. Thx.

#127 14 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

it’s not fully connected.

Break in the wiring or poor connection from slingshot to other switches.

LTG : )

#128 13 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Agreed. That's what I was trying for. Here is the biggest issue...this drop target. The ball will fly anywhere depending on the exact point of impact on these drop targets. I'm wondering if I can angle the drop targets a bit so they won't angle back so much once hit and throw the ball in the air.

I think your targets are a little bit too low, so when the ball comes back from target it's get airborne. And/or like you already said try to bend the assembly a little bit.

Never saw that big airballs with any BBB. And I played several.

#129 13 days ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

I think your targets are a little bit too low, so when the ball comes back from target it's get airborne. And/or like you already said try to bend the assembly a little bit.
Never saw that big airballs with any BBB. And I played several.

Thanks for the response. I will try to adjust up and bend it back so the target starting point leans a bit more forward.

#130 12 days ago

Received my new plaques from B&B Awards (the company that made these originally). They run -$40-50 shipped and I contacted them just through the website (they had the design on file). Super great to deal with. I had a few made just for fun (can’t help but think this could be a bar in Rick and Morty).

2AB275BE-54EE-4B0E-ABF8-A6B3C17D68BA (resized).jpeg8DBA7D7C-78DC-440A-B90F-1D4C2FFCFDEB (resized).jpegDBA76F45-6EBD-41A5-AC5D-BBB131E271F7 (resized).jpeg
#131 12 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Received my new plaques from B&B Awards (the company that made these originally). They run -$40-50 shipped and I contacted them just through the website (they had the design on file). Super great to deal with. I had a few made just for fun (can’t help but think this could be a bar in Rick and Morty).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you determine who made these? That is awesome!!

#132 12 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

How did you determine who made these? That is awesome!!

Since mine was NIB - the label was still attached to the original plaque as it was still in the bag, not attached to the apron. Pretty cool.

#133 10 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

can’t help but think this could be a bar in Rick and Morty

That’s why I put those two games side by side.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-big-bang-big-bang-bar-official-waitress-chasers-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.