8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

TL; DR summary: higher prices, 2 places closed, still several EMs out there

Pirate's Cove/Winnisquam no longer has a game room. Pirate's Cove/Meredith never had one.

Out on the Winnepesaukee Pier, the arcade area is roped off. It looks like they're preparing for an auction. There's a Theatre of Magic sitting there among the redemption pieces.

Half Moon has raised prices to 75c per game on most of the solid-state pinballs. EMs are still 25c. Earthshaker is priced at 50c, but it has a for-sale sign on it. In the South building, there is Theatre of Magic, The Addams Family, High Speed, the aforementioned Earthshaker, Funhouse, and Revenge From Mars. Also notable in the South building: Slugfest, Twin Rifle, Apollo Moon Shot Rifle, Baseball Champ. In the North building, they have Getaway, Cyclone, Simpsons Pinball Party, Lord of the Rings, Attack From Mars, Big Game (out of order as of 5/23/2015), Eldorado, and Williams Jumpin' Jacks (1963). Also notable in the North building: Upper Deck, Ambush Rifle, Gangbusters Rifle, Basketball Champ, and Scientific Batting Practice (1941 and showing its age).

Daytona Fun Park has a Monopoly. When I tried it today, it had coinage/pricing issues, but they promised to attend to it.

Logs of Fun Arcade has four electromechanicals, the most of any Weirs Beach arcade. They have Eldorado, Top Score, Soccer, and Abracadabra (all Gottlieb). These run on tokens.

Funspot has the usual quantity of pinballs, about 35. There are six in the Funspot proper, and the rest (including the 3 EMs) are in the Museum zone. I'll only enumerate the ones that I don't recall being there last year at this time: Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Time 2000, Middle Earth, and Hercules. All pinballs run on Funspot tokens, some needing two and some taking one.

If I missed any pinballs in the Lake Winnepesaukee area, please reply in this thread.
    .................David Marston

1 year later
    #3 7 years ago

As of 28 May 2016, the situation is about the same.

I saw the tech at Half Moon, and he bragged about overhauling 4 games since last season, including at least one EM. He also said he plans to attend Pintastic New England.

The pier has not been emptied out; the game room is still roped off. There are now 3 pins parked there.

The Surf Coaster site is still for sale! If you want to put a good game room in an established resort area, here's your chance!

11 months later
    #5 6 years ago

As of 27 May 2017, there is slightly better news. Most places are the same, except that The Pier arcade seems to be running at full strength, including four pinballs placed by an operator.

Once again, the tech at Half Moon made it a point to come up to me and brag about maintenance work he did over the off-season.

Funspot has invested in replacement displays and LED bulbs for many of their older pinballs. Beware the non-working flippers on some games, though.

4 years later
    #7 2 years ago

Update for Memorial Day Weekend 2021 (sorry I missed a couple years in between).

The Surf Coaster is STILL for sale! Doesn't one of you want to own an amusement park?

Funspot: The number of EM pinballs and Atari pinballs is increasing. The Museum portion has an Aladdin's Castle and Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy in addition to the other EMs. The Tavern area has Swing-Along and Fire!. There are probably about 40 pinballs in all. http://www.funspotnh.com/

Daytona Fun Park has a Monopoly with a hyper-sensitive tilt, an #eldorado that hasn't had a plunger tip in over 3 years, and a Seidel Hitter's Rally.

The old Logs of Fun arcade is still an empty building, except for the place where they sell admissions to the mini-golf.

On the pier, the arcade is now named Games on the Pier and is well-equipped with arcade games. I can't say "coin-op" because everything runs on Intercard swipe cards. The only pinballs I saw were South Park and Disco Fever with straight flippers, both looking very out-of-order.

In Half Moon's North Building, I was sad to see the Williams Jumpin' Jack's unplugged, but I consoled myself playing a few good (5-ball) games on #eldorado. The Upper Deck pitch-and-bat game seemed to be out of order, but other veteran EM games were limping along. There were most of the same solid-state pinballs, including The Getaway: High Speed II , Cyclone, #lotr, The Simpsons Pinball Party , Attack from Mars , Twilight Zone , and SlugFest , all at a dollar a game. The highlight, though, is an Eight Ball Deluxe that has been refurbished and outfitted with LEDs. Anyone know whose handiwork this is?

In Half Moon's South Building, High Speed and Harley Davidson remain at 75c play, while the rest are up to a dollar a play, with no visible reason why you should spend that dollar. The Revenge From Mars was out of order.

In summary: this whole region is becoming more of a destination for those who like antique games rather than any pinball from the past couple decades.

1 year later
    #10 11 months ago

TL; DR summary: Funspot wakes up and smells the tokens. All others in a holding pattern.

The Surf Coaster site is STILL for sale! Considering all the business development in the NH Lakes Region, their asking price must be insanely high.

Out on the Winnepesaukee Pier, the arcade is now Games On the Pier. Don't bother looking at their gameson.us website; no info there. The Disco Fever has been "fixed" to have banana flippers, and the South Park looked like it might be working. No other pinballs, but they are upgrading many of the arcade games, and you can play a Pac-Man game that is projected onto the ceiling.

Half Moon: about the same, pinball-wise. They are investing in other types of games.

Daytona Fun Park has the same very tired El Dorado that has not had a plunger tip in 3-4 years. The Hitter's Rally wasn't working. They are investing in outdoor attractions.

The fate of Logs of Fun Arcade is now more clear. An antiques emporium is in the process of moving into the building. The store may be in there by early June of 2023.

Funspot is nearly done (as of May 28) building a room called "Pinball Outpost" near the tavern. It has The Mandalorian (Premium) and James Bond 007 (Premium) (You Only Live Twice), each priced at 4 tokens! That area also has 9 other games, some from upstairs and some from the front room (westernmost room on Level 2): Jokerz!, Cyclone, Fire!, FunHouse, Black Knight, Playboy, Xenon, The Addams Family, Monopoly, and a F-14 Tomcat on the sidelines awaiting placement. Several of these games have LEDs and updated displays, including ColorDMDs. The front room no longer has pinball. Upstairs still does, including some more 1970s Bally EMs and Hercules. There are a couple holes in pinball row upstairs (Fire and Playboy, I guess). Also notable is that they have some historic arcade video games enclosed in plexiglas view-boxes, expanding their role as recipient for museum-piece games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weirs-beach-nh-arcade-report-2015?tu=dmarston and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.