Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by Electronmagic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Porsche_Fathers_Day_006 (resized).jpg
    photo (resized).JPG
    Goat Eggs Part 2 (resized).jpg
    Goat Eggs Part 1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210824_142248761 (resized).jpg
    C0124F12-C386-47DD-B52F-EAC244160142 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    00x0x_b8amMhV5Re6_300x300 (resized).jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 54 days ago

I listed a machine on Pinside and Facebook last night. Even though I said I wasn't interested in any trades except for a Simpsons Pinball Party, a dude on FB messaged me with a trade offer: my Big Guns in exchange for an AR-15 and a thousand rounds of ammo. That's probably the weirdest trade offer I've gotten on FB, but it ain't the only one. Anyone else have tales of bizarre trade offers?

#2 54 days ago

Also had gun offers,must be common

#3 54 days ago

nobody will take my wife for a pinball trade!

#4 54 days ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

nobody will take my wife for a pinball trade!

Post pictures

#5 54 days ago

I wouldn’t trade my wife for just one game unless Its a NIB or really has a really nice shooter lane

#6 54 days ago

Years ago a guy that knows I collect Brit sports cars offered me a Metropolitan.
    Supposedly in good shape. Turned out to be ratty and barely ran. He wanted
    a really nice Sinbad. No deal.

Trading guns must be popular as I've gotten a few that way but did not
    trade pins.

#7 54 days ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

I listed a machine on Pinside and Facebook last night. Even though I said I wasn't interested in any trades except for a Simpsons Pinball Party, a dude on FB messaged me with a trade offer: my Big Guns in exchange for an AR-15 and a thousand rounds of ammo. That's probably the weirdest trade offer I've gotten on FB, but it ain't the only one. Anyone else have tales of bizarre trade offers?

I would have taken this deal

#8 54 days ago

15-20 yrs ago, mattresses were the hot trade items for pins

#9 54 days ago

I have offered a home wheelchair lift as an option to trade!

Missed out on trading it by 3 days in the past...

#11 54 days ago

Couple years ago there was a guy on the Chicago craigslist always looking to trade a giant inflatable clown head for a pinball machine.

#12 54 days ago

around 28 years ago, I was offered "Favors", and "Special Treats" from someone I never met before, in trade for a Pin.....

#13 54 days ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

.223 is running a buck a round, if you can find it.

#14 54 days ago

A very nice AR w/ premium optics & 1000 rounds = $4000 high average price.
    Simpsons pinball party = $6,500 low avg price

I think most people offer these kind of trades hoping the seller doesn't know any better. A cheap AR without optics and 1K in ammo can run you under $1,500.

Can't think of any wierd offers for my games, then again I don't sell them very often.

#15 54 days ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

https://ammoseek.com/

Prices have gone down and it's not as hard to find as it was 6 months ago.

#16 54 days ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wonder what I can get for a full can of M2AP in 8-rd garand clips.

#17 54 days ago

I accepted an offer for a early 90s Rolex Datejust (2-tone Jubilee bracelet, "Black Pyramid" face) in trade for a Twister machine in around '02-03.

At the time, we were both satisfied that the monetary values were equivalent, but in the long-run it looks like I am the one who got the better deal. (Then again, Twister is somewhat rare and a fun game, and pinball prices remain insane...)

However, I don't know that it has done me any good beyond classing-up my watch box a bit, as I almost never wear it due to feeling too self-conscious to draw the attention as well as the issue with it looking a bit small on my 7" wrist compared with the 40-44mm watches I do wear. Definitely a beautiful piece though!

#18 54 days ago

5k and 2 pounds of dope for Star trek

#19 54 days ago

My Batman TDK for his Big Buck Hunter

#20 54 days ago

One guy wanted to trade for an excavator once, he wanted almost $50000 on top in a trade XD

#21 54 days ago

Tried to trade my wife for a Surf'n Safari.. but she found out and now im single.

#22 54 days ago

Years and years ago when I advertised games for sale in the paper, I would get a call from this Mexican cat wanting to trade for new mattresses and or a car...

#23 54 days ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

Tried to trade my wife for a Surf'n Safari.. but she found out and now im single.

But did you get the game?!?

#24 54 days ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

I guy contacted me and listed everything in his garage and said I could have whatever I wanted, or all of it.

#25 54 days ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

https://ammoseek.com/
    Prices have gone down and it's not as hard to find as it was 6 months ago.

I'm in eastern wa, still hard to find here, brass is still expensive,

#26 54 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Dont contact me I passed.

#27 54 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Crazy people. Star trek le worth way more

#28 54 days ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Couple years ago there was a guy on the Chicago craigslist always looking to trade a giant inflatable clown head for a pinball machine.

I just happen to have a picture of said clown head

00x0x_b8amMhV5Re6_300x300 (resized).jpg
    #29 54 days ago

I got offered a pair of used and not even collectable Nike basketball shoes.
    When I said to him my game is worth 4K and your shoes $4 his response was “thought I’d give it a go”.

#30 54 days ago

Traded a broken snowblower for a High Score Pool "pin".

Later traded that High Score Pool for a Honda quad 250cc...forget the model.

Sold that later for $1800.

#31 54 days ago

I once was offered a F14 Tomcat and cash for a South Park... I agreed, and then the guy reneged, and switched it to no F14, but $2000 dollars worth of Snap On tools. Said no, but was more confused than offended.

#32 54 days ago
    Quoted from dhard:

[quoted image]

You finally took him up on it huh? She’s a beaut.

#33 54 days ago

I don’t find firearms trades to be all that strange to be honest.
    As long as it’s value for value and something I have a use for then not a big deal.

I’ll throw this out there to go along with the topic
    I’m willing to trade pins for the right tractor.
    Has to be American made (preferably John Deere).
    4wd and needs to have a hydraulic bucket (skiploader).
    A Gannon attachment would be preferable, an excavator attachment would be a bonus.

#34 54 days ago

Didn’t someone offer a delorean for pins on here a while back? I offered my collection at the time. Slow clap to whoever got that deal.

#36 54 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

around 28 years ago, I was offered "Favors", and "Special Treats" from someone I never met before, in trade for a Pin.....

Is your avatar pic from right after you made the deal?

#37 54 days ago

Oh, I traded a 2007 Mustang GT convertible for a Monster Bash LE and cash.

Then later traded it for a Gun and Roses SE right before the $1000 price increase.

#38 54 days ago
    Quoted from bam10:

Is your avatar pic from right after you made the deal?

Oh, Definitely AFTER! I grew up a LOT after that Experience!

Heres my Before Pic:

pasted_image (resized).png
    #39 54 days ago

I always get offered weed and or dirt bikes. I was selling my VW Meyers Manx buggy and one guy offered me a soda vending machine. Hard pass buddy.

#40 54 days ago

I’ve got two...

I traded a Fairbanks Morse stationary engine for a pin.

I traded a pin for two Chrysler SnoRunners. I think I got the best of each trade.

#41 54 days ago

Traded a Mac10 for a set of Centerline wheels for my 68 Chevelle SS. They were new in the box.

#42 54 days ago

I traded my GnR LE for a Arcade 1Up space invaders .What a fing idiot that dude was ! What a score !

C0124F12-C386-47DD-B52F-EAC244160142 (resized).jpeg
    #43 54 days ago

I traded a Pocket PC with the magnetic roof GPS attachment plus a couple hundred bucks for my first pin, Target Alpha.

Some dude kept offering shitty DJ gear and toys every time I listed a pin on Facebook. I had to block the guy. Apparently he does it to everyone.

#44 54 days ago

A guy on cl here has been trying for what seems like a decade to trade his Nolan Ryan baseball cards for a Pin.

#45 54 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

You finally took him up on it huh? She’s a beaut.

I wish that baby was worth a fortune in the cl rants about it alone I'm now giving it iconic status

#46 54 days ago

Well since you brought it up I'd trade my 72 914 for pin or pins!

IMG_20210824_142248761 (resized).jpg
    #47 54 days ago

Let us not forget

Goat Eggs Part 1 (resized).jpgGoat Eggs Part 2 (resized).jpg
    #48 54 days ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I’ve got two...
    I traded a Fairbanks Morse stationary engine for a pin.
    I traded a pin for two Chrysler SnoRunners. I think I got the best of each trade.

This one doesn't surprise me, I've known a couple hit-and-miss engine guys and they would both trade a kidney for a nice engine.

#49 54 days ago
    Quoted from dhard:

[quoted image]

All of the responses have been gold, but the clown head dude is the one that fascinates me the most.

#50 54 days ago

Someone offered me 3 JPop games, ToM, Tales, and CV for all of my vinyl records recently. Tempting but I think my records are with more and will hold their value better in the long run.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside