(Topic ID: 32503)

Weirdest experiences you had purchasing a pin?

By DayDay

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

I have two stories but only one was a pinball machine - the other was a Skee Ball machine.

First the pinball story. I drive about 3 hours one way to pick up a Cheap Data East Batman. Get to the guys house (or shack) and he invites me in. Said pinball machine was in the dining room so even though it seemed odd I follow him and we get to the dining room just off his kitchen. Here is a small dining room with a stripper pole right in the middle of it and pinball machine against the wall on one side. All I can tell you is from the looks of his wife & sister in law I would have paid them not to use the pole if I had to watch it in use!

Second one was Skee Ball machine. Found it on Craig's List cheap and drove about two hours to the guys house to get it. Guy selling it told me is was stored at another guys place "don't pay them just paypal me after you pick it up". Get to the guys house and wait like two hours for him to show up. He is like "who the hell are you and what do you want" - I told him I am here to pick up the Skeeball machine. He replies "I told that SOB I wasn't selling him that Skeeball machine for the 99 cents he bought it for on eBay" Long story short - guys teenage son had listed machine for sale on eBay and had it listed wrong. Craig's list seller tried to have me do his dirty work - trying to pick up machine that owner refused to sell. Anyway - long story short - I wasn't about to go home empty - I made the real owner a decent offer and we loaded it. About 3 hours later the other guy calls me "you SOB you were suppose to pay me for that machine I was the owner - I bought it on eBay" I told him settle it with the seller but I wasn't headed home wasting $100 for fuel without having something in my van. ODD one for sure!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.99
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weirdest-experiences-you-had-purchasing-a-pin?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.