1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

My Creature from the Black Lagoon, only in multiball at certain spots, has the sound jump really loud on certain sounds/callouts, then drops back down to normal. I swapped in my sound board from Addams Family and it still does it. Next step? Burn new sound ROMs? Or something else? Could a power drop caused by the Creature motor and light coming on make sounds get louder?

#2 1 year ago

Try also swapping the ribbon cables with Addams.

Do your sound ROMs have a version marked on them? I think L-1 is the latest.

#3 1 year ago

They have no labels, so I'm thinking it couldn't hurt to burn new roms. Swapping the cable is a good tip, thanks!

#4 1 year ago

Push any seated chips in on the Mpu not just the sound board. I had this issue on my T2. Along with a display garbled issue on some text. A Chip had vibrated a bit loose. Pushing them in fixed it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-wpc-sound-problem?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.