(Topic ID: 215218)

weird wpc flipper issue

By jewboyflowerhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

This one has me confused on a whodunnit. Flipper buttons don't work and don't register in switch test. Here is what I've done: swapped fliptronics board, driver board, fliptronics button switch boards, and ribbon cables. I also put the cpu into another game and flippers worked on the new. I feel like i am missing something obvious. The coils work in test mode and continuity is good from the flippers bottons to the fliptronics board.

What am i missing?

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

Finally had a chance to revisit this

Quoted from Cycloneman:

weird??? are the flipper buttons(when pressed in) pushing the blades far enough to activate the opto on the flipper board.the ones that are in the cabinet theres one to the left flipper and one to right flipper

yep.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Verify you have 12V going to your flipper opto boards...my guess is its missing.

Yep. Getting 12.8v across both flipper opto boards

Quoted from whthrs166:

Or your opto board is bad.

Swapped flipper opto boards with another game and no. change i am running out of ideas

1 month later
#7 5 years ago

Posting a follow up for future searches. Turns out, all the optos on the fliptronic flipper boards went out at the same time. I am assuming I shorted something at some point. When I swapped boards, i didnt have right and left flipper connected at the same time (doh!) so obviously the swapped boards didn't work since they are chained together. I incorrectly assumed the flipper boards werent the issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 26.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jewboyflowerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-wpc-flipper-issue?tu=jewboyflowerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.