(Topic ID: 58833)

Weird Things Found In / On Your Pinball Purchase?

By calico1997

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0614 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    20180722_095333 (resized).jpg
    20180722_095330 (resized).jpg
    The_Swedish_Chef (resized).jpg
    my_two_dollars (resized).jpg
    hollow_point_bullets (resized).jpg
    46843313e164aa6ff984f621287ddaa05ea50021SouthPark (resized).jpg
    MiniBulbs (resized).jpg
    cockroach-florida (resized).jpg
    IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_151336 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1385[1] (resized).JPG
    20181031210609390-1 (resized).jpg
    20181031210644756-1 (resized).jpg
    20181031210634662-1 (resized).jpg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I was checking out a Paragon and gave the outside of the game a go around and wanted to check inside the cab. But before I do though I check at the neck of the game because the head was off. I noticed there's crap almost stacked up to the neck hole. The seller, who was actually drunk reaches in deep and pulls out handfuls of envelopes and what appeared to be letters and pictures. The seller gets in this really depressed mood and then before I know it he pulls out a ring box. He opens it up and there it is; his late wife's wedding rings. Apparently his wife died and he never totally let go even after getting married again. He stuffed all his old pictures with/of her and all the memorabilia into the machine she bought him years ago as a gift.

I believe you win Pinside today with the most depressing story I have ever heard about a pinball machine!

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Bottom of my Alien box from Australia had a freaking huge dead cockroach. I looked through the pinball machine.. luckily nothing else! Must have frozen on the flight over here.

Pff. Only half grown. Come down to Houston, or Florida. We'll show you huge.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I have a friend who is a plumber who corrects everyone all the time that it's just a 'water heater' not a hot water heater. Naturally that just makes us say hot water heater more around him.

Same as our friend who got shot with a "Bow & Arrow" in the abdomen and has a monster scar that you touch for good luck.

He always corrects everyone that he really only got hit with the Arrow.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Pff. Only half grown. Come down to Houston, or Florida. We'll show you huge.

Yeah, I know all the idiots in Florida eat them like candy, but they are disgusting .

cockroach-florida (resized).jpgcockroach-florida (resized).jpg
    #105 5 years ago

Found a bag of dried out weed....musta been in there for years.Weighed 16 oz dry though...

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I was checking out a Paragon and gave the outside of the game a go around and wanted to check inside the cab. But before I do though I check at the neck of the game because the head was off. I noticed there's crap almost stacked up to the neck hole. The seller, who was actually drunk reaches in deep and pulls out handfuls of envelopes and what appeared to be letters and pictures. The seller gets in this really depressed mood and then before I know it he pulls out a ring box. He opens it up and there it is; his late wife's wedding rings. Apparently his wife died and he never totally let go even after getting married again. He stuffed all his old pictures with/of her and all the memorabilia into the machine she bought him years ago as a gift.

That’s really touching actually, poor guy.
    Means he really hasn’t been dealing with his emotions and he should probably seek out someone to talk to. Drinking doesn’t solve those issues

#107 5 years ago

Sometimes I find some old "miniature" bulbs.

MiniBulbs (resized).jpgMiniBulbs (resized).jpg
    6 months later
    #108 4 years ago

Just picked up a four million b.c. that had been in a guys office at an ad agency for the past 20+ years. Got it home and started going through it and found a very old tied off condom and it’s torn wrapper?!

After getting over the initial shock of realizing what was in my hand, my first thought was “there has to be a thread on Pinside about weird stuff in games”. lo and behold...

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

Just picked up a four million b.c. that had been in a guys office at an ad agency for the past 20+ years. Got it home and started going through it and found a very old tied off condom and it’s torn wrapper?!
    After getting over the initial shock of realizing what was in my hand, my first thought was “there has to be a thread on Pinside about weird stuff in games”. lo and behold...[quoted image]

Ew.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

After getting over the initial shock of realizing what was in my hand, my first thought was “there has to be a thread on Pinside about weird stuff in games”. lo and behold...[quoted image]

Sorry, my bad

#111 4 years ago

Just last week I vacuumed a small lizard skeleton out of a Nine Ball.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

Is the problem a sticky relay?

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

The guy that had the opossum or raccoon living in his machine was pretty good.

Here you go.

John

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just last week I vacuumed a small lizard skeleton out of a Nine Ball.

46843313e164aa6ff984f621287ddaa05ea50021SouthPark (resized).jpg46843313e164aa6ff984f621287ddaa05ea50021SouthPark (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #115 3 years ago
    Quoted from calico1997:

I've just got to ask...what's the weirdest thing you've ever found inside or stuck on your used Pinball Machine purchase?

Not a pinball game, but I picked up a ratty Pac-Man in Chicago yesterday that, how shall I say,... wasn't quite the area Bill Gates would live.

I was cleaning it out today and inside were two live hollow point bullets.

They are illegal in Illinois and most other states.

I guess I'm glad I didn't haggle too hard on price and get the seller angry.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

hollow_point_bullets (resized).jpghollow_point_bullets (resized).jpg
    4 months later
    #116 3 years ago

given the prices of ammo today, you got an extra $2 in your deal

my_two_dollars (resized).jpgmy_two_dollars (resized).jpg

#117 3 years ago

A Business card from "Pinball Service Agency Switzerland" signed by Brundler Paul Obernau and Mier Anton Luzern.
    Anybody know these guys?

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

A Business card from "Pinball Service Agency Switzerland" signed by Brundler Paul Obernau and Mier Anton Luzern.
    Anybody know these guys?

The_Swedish_Chef (resized).jpgThe_Swedish_Chef (resized).jpg
    #119 3 years ago

Momma and about 4 babies.

20180722_095330 (resized).jpg20180722_095330 (resized).jpg20180722_095333 (resized).jpg20180722_095333 (resized).jpg
    #120 3 years ago

Back in the 90s I put out wanted ads in hick town Penny Savers. I got a call from the manager of a
    Sate Park that wanted the machines out of one of the buildings that used to be for Air Force base in
    the 1950s. For $100.00 I got 5 machines with one being a 1956 14' United ball bowler. Inside was a love
    letter from a wife with negative of photos. I thought that that was pretty cool, so I wrote and left a note
    inside telling the story where it came from so what ever happens to the machine, the story can carry on.
    I presently have the machine in my hometown's local Community Center..
    Also back in the 90s, I picked up a digital pinball machine that I left in a corner. I was only into EMs
    so that pin sat for a long time. Back then I was getting a few calls a week and couldn't remember where
    machines came from. 2 or 3 years later I opened it and there were 2 brown paper bags inside. Opened one
    and there's a stack of 20s. Opened the other, and another stack of 20s. I won't say the amount because many
    probably would call bs. I never again got a call about the machine or its contents. Strange. Maybe hot money..
    btw: the machine was a Zaccaria Farfella. After I traded it off for an EM, I was later told that it was a somewhat
    wanted game..

9 months later
    #121 2 years ago

I've seen lots of mice, but this is the first time I've found a damn frog in a machine. It was quite deceased, and thankfully didn't leave much of a mess. Found in a High Speed that'd spent many years outdoors under partial cover.

IMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0617 (resized).JPGIMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    11 months later
    #122 1 year ago

Found this token in a project game I'm working on.

1 month later
    #123 1 year ago

those are from a brothel. I have a whole bunch of them that I polished to look brand new

#124 1 year ago

i also received a polish from a brothel.never got a coin for it

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-things-found-in-on-your-pinball-purchase/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.