(Topic ID: 58833)

Weird Things Found In / On Your Pinball Purchase?

By calico1997

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0614 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0617 (resized).JPG
    20180722_095333 (resized).jpg
    20180722_095330 (resized).jpg
    The_Swedish_Chef (resized).jpg
    my_two_dollars (resized).jpg
    hollow_point_bullets (resized).jpg
    46843313e164aa6ff984f621287ddaa05ea50021SouthPark (resized).jpg
    MiniBulbs (resized).jpg
    cockroach-florida (resized).jpg
    IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_151336 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1385[1] (resized).JPG
    20181031210609390-1 (resized).jpg
    20181031210644756-1 (resized).jpg
    20181031210634662-1 (resized).jpg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

Cleaned a rats nest out of a Space Station last night
    Now I can make that left orbit dock shot again

At least the game was fully working when I powered it up!

#52 9 years ago

Opened up a Big Guns and found a deactivated .50cal bullet. It looks good next to all my pinball parts

#53 9 years ago

Went to my buddy's house and he wanted to show me his prized BBB prototype. It was on its legs but under a blanket with the head down.

He lifts the head and we heard what sounded like dirt or pebbles falling in the head. Hmmmm. That is odd.

Turns out those 'pebbles' were mouse turds falling when he lifted up the head. AND there were LIVE mice living in the GAME!

I shit you not we were both in AWE watching mice scurry across the playfield under the glass!

Of ALL the games he had, they picked the most expensive one to nest in. Yeah it was surreal seeing mice scurry across a $20K game. That and then watching him frantically vacuum live mice out of his game with a shop vac.

True story!

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from dankme:

Of ALL the games he had, they picked the most expensive one to nest in.

Does that surprise anybody?

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from dankme:

Went to my buddy's house and he wanted to show me his prized BBB prototype. It was on its legs but under a blanket with the head down.
    He lifts the head and we heard what sounded like dirt or pebbles falling in the head. Hmmmm. That is odd.
    Turns out those 'pebbles' were mouse turds falling when he lifted up the head. AND there were LIVE mice living in the GAME!
    I shit you not we were both in AWE watching mice scurry across the playfield under the glass!
    Of ALL the games he had, they picked the most expensive one to nest in. Yeah it was surreal seeing mice scurry across a $20K game. That and then watching him frantically vacuum live mice out of his game with a shop vac.
    True story!

kind of a "thats what you get" for keeping it folded up.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from dankme:

True story!

Their screaming when sucked up is quite thing. Years ago I had a mouse that kept raiding the junk drawer in my kitchen from behind the cabinets. I put a trap in there and sometime around 2am I heard it banging around after it got its leg caught in the trap. I took my shop vac and sucked his ass up. A lot of screaming but still not as bad as the time I used the vac to suck a live one off a glue trap because I wanted to reuse it. Can't imagine the amount of twisting and breaking that little body endured till it wound up on the bottom of the vacuum.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

Their screaming when sucked up is quite thing. Years ago I had a mouse that kept raiding the junk drawer in my kitchen from behind the cabinets. I put a trap in there and sometime around 2am I heard it banging around after it got its leg caught in the trap. I took my shop vac and sucked his ass up. A lot of screaming but still not as bad as the time I used the vac to suck a live one off a glue trap because I wanted to reuse it. Can't imagine the amount of twisting and breaking that little body endured till it wound up on the bottom of the vacuum.

sounds aweful.

#58 9 years ago

Jerry_scared.gifJerry_scared.gif

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

shitload_of_cocks.jpg 108 KB

I was going to guess that the pin was used as a collection box one holiday season for a toys for twats drive? One of the craziest things ever on pinside!

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

kind of a "thats what you get" for keeping it folded up.

Yup. And having the head down is what did it. Gave them a super easy way in. Even if the game was on the legs.

Quoted from dtown:

Can't imagine the amount of twisting and breaking that little body endured till it wound up on the bottom of the vacuum

They all survived for him at the bottom of the shop vac. He had the next fun task of stomping on them all while still in the vac...Makes the back of my hair stand up even today. Nasty stuff. I hate mice.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

toys for twats

Thank you for making me laugh a amidst all of the mouse stomping stories.

#62 9 years ago

Invisible Deutschland man odor.

#63 9 years ago

so... can we get the truth behind the toys fr twats dildo game?

#64 9 years ago

I always release mice when I catch them.

#65 9 years ago

Pretty tame compared to these stories. Normally all I ever find are burned out bulbs, a few miscellaneous coins, and sometimes odd paperwork.

Same,+ dust.

#66 9 years ago

recently found a traffic beacon and two very flat batteries to suit it. I suppose it might make a good roadshow topper. Now i have to buy a roadshow though

beacon1.jpgbeacon1.jpg

#67 9 years ago

I had one shipped from NC, dead of winter, when I cracked it open there live roaches, spiders etc. everywhere.... I actually had the same thing happen with a laptop I bought from california, powered up the laptop and freaked out when roaches starting crawling out of it on my dining room table. I will never again have anything shipped from climates where there are bug problems EVER AGAIN!

#68 9 years ago

I forgot, I found "crispy kittens" in my Klondike

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Pretty tame compared to these stories. Normally all I ever find are burned out bulbs, a few miscellaneous coins, and sometimes odd paperwork.
    Same,+ dust.

That's about it here too. I did find a new spinning disk motor in my WW which was needed for it. 70 bucks saved

#70 9 years ago

I have found pool cue chalks (guessing the pin was in a bar at some point) and lincoln logs in another.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I forgot, I found "crispy kittens" in my Klondike

This is more disturbing than the dicks.

#72 9 years ago

flipero is a cocktease

#73 9 years ago

I found a old fashioned Shoe horn in the back box of my Blackwater 100 / and oh yeah I did see that thread and the pic. with the live the opossum living in the back box of a party zone I think it was that "thedefog" mentioned and laughed my ass off

1 week later
    #74 9 years ago

OJ Murder Case solved!!! Found this in the Flash I just bought!
    image-121.jpgimage-121.jpg

#75 9 years ago

A Butterfinger wrapper in the coin box of my Vector

#76 9 years ago

I found 7 old 10p coins still jammed in the coin door from the 70's in my William's Touchdown (1967)

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

image-121.jpg 195 KB

Looks like a screw driver to me.

#78 9 years ago

I lost my sanity in one of those machines, does that count?

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

That looks like one of our family knifes from the 70's.

image-121.jpg 195 KB

1 week later
    #80 9 years ago

hobbit-book-1.jpghobbit-book-1.jpg

#81 9 years ago

I found $135 dollars worth of quarters in a quarter pusher game i paid $200 for : )

4 years later
    #82 5 years ago

I guess I can join the Strange/Weird/Treasure found inside your game club now. Usually I find the usual part, screw, beer can(!), bulb, but this was a new one. From a Fireball ‘72 that (ironically) fireball2 and I are going to restore:

I just hope that we don’t find the used contents somewhere else!

A5F529B1-29E9-4D62-87D7-587840D5B753 (resized).jpegA5F529B1-29E9-4D62-87D7-587840D5B753 (resized).jpeg
    #83 5 years ago

Some people just love their games, I mean, literally "love" their games. At least they were being safe about it

#84 5 years ago

I haven't found anything too extreme, but I did encounter a nice orange 8' heavy duty extension cord in a game once.

I still use it to this day.

#85 5 years ago

Found this inside the latest game I picked up--a small bottle of alcohol from 1978 in the shape of a Corvette. It's still sealed. I thought it was a bottle of cologne at first glance until I read what was on the seal.

20181031210609390-1 (resized).jpg20181031210609390-1 (resized).jpg20181031210634662-1 (resized).jpg20181031210634662-1 (resized).jpg20181031210644756-1 (resized).jpg20181031210644756-1 (resized).jpg

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Found this inside the latest game I picked up--a small bottle of alcohol from 1978 in the shape of a Corvette. It's still sealed. I thought it was a bottle of cologne at first glance until I read what was on the seal.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's like $100 off the price of the game!

#87 5 years ago

I have stuff I’m hiding from my wife, thanks for reminding me

#88 5 years ago

Found this key jammed in the bottom part of the coin mech. Not sure why you'd stick a key in the coin slot?

IMG_1385[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1385[1] (resized).JPG
    #89 5 years ago

In side the High Hand I bought a few months ago.
    20181008_151336 (resized).jpg20181008_151336 (resized).jpg
    Steel wool, dryer lint, piece of metal, cigarette butt, some rubber part, flower bud, and leaves. Inside a 70's Gottlieb, the old labels are a normal thing to find.

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

piece of metal,

hot water heater pilot guard

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

hot water heater pilot guard

I have a friend who is a plumber who corrects everyone all the time that it's just a 'water heater' not a hot water heater. Naturally that just makes us say hot water heater more around him.

#92 5 years ago

A load of .22LR rounds in a Banzai Run machine that came from California. It had spent some time in a barn, so I imagine that was part of the reason.

Brad

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

A load of .22LR rounds in a Banzai Run machine that came from California. It had spent some time in a barn, so I imagine that was part of the reason.

As in, in a box, or embedded in the cab?

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

In side the High Hand I bought a few months ago.
    [quoted image]
    Steel wool, dryer lint, piece of metal, cigarette butt, some rubber part, flower bud, and leaves. Inside a 70's Gottlieb, the old labels are a normal thing to find.

That’s not a relay, that’s a tilt bob! Those labels suck!

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Found this key jammed in the bottom part of the coin mech. Not sure why you'd stick a key in the coin slot?
    [quoted image]

To divert coins into the cash box even when the coin lockout mechs wants to do otherwise. Service dude/cash collector did not know how to adjust of fix the true problem.

#96 5 years ago

Found a framed pic of a pinup gal in one of my 1940's wood rails.
    Its hanging on the wall next to the lineup of pins of that vintage.

I've also found quite a bit of money in 'as-found' pins but even more
    in classic video game! Buying these sans keys often leads to nice suprises!
    Steve

#97 5 years ago

One machine had eight quarters and a nickle jammed in the coin chute. A ton of NOS rubber parts that were dry rotted and cracked.

#98 5 years ago

Bottom of my Alien box from Australia had a freaking huge dead cockroach. I looked through the pinball machine.. luckily nothing else! Must have frozen on the flight over here.
    IMG_1242 (resized).jpegIMG_1242 (resized).jpeg

#99 5 years ago

I was checking out a Paragon and gave the outside of the game a go around and wanted to check inside the cab. But before I do though I check at the neck of the game because the head was off. I noticed there's crap almost stacked up to the neck hole. The seller, who was actually drunk reaches in deep and pulls out handfuls of envelopes and what appeared to be letters and pictures. The seller gets in this really depressed mood and then before I know it he pulls out a ring box. He opens it up and there it is; his late wife's wedding rings. Apparently his wife died and he never totally let go even after getting married again. He stuffed all his old pictures with/of her and all the memorabilia into the machine she bought him years ago as a gift.

#100 5 years ago

I've found a ancient 1960's screwdriver with wooden handle jammed under the wooden cabinet board in my Williams Jubilee, had been stuck under there long enough to leave marks in the wood.

And candy papers from the 80's in my Grand Lizard, + a grocery shopping list from about the same time.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-things-found-in-on-your-pinball-purchase/page/2?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.