• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by NickBudlight
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Hi everyone.

I have started to have issued with the sound board in my Tee'd Off. The board works perfectly for 30 mins or so until it heats up. Then, the sound starts to degrade. It starts to degrade slowly with some music or sound effects sounding off, but eventually it gets to the point where the sound distorts and most of the sounds revert to beeps and boops instead of full sound effects. I shot a video of some of the sound effects once they start to degrade:

The best examples of the degraded sounds are the multiball music (it sounds hilarious), mystery award music (reverb sound), spin wheel award sound effect, and the end of game music (echoes and continues on for longer than it should).

Any ideas on where I should focus for troubleshooting?

1 week later
#2 6 months ago

I tried another sound board and recorded the music as it is supposed to sound. Very different.

#3 6 months ago

Just noticed this thread.

I do t know for sure but my guess would be to replace the capacitors on the sound board. If they are getting flaky then it could cause issues once the game warmed up.

Another problem might be a poor solder joint that is expanding once it gets warm, try reflowing any questionable solder joints.

I doubt that the problem would be a chip on the sound board. It shouldn’t be to difficult it shotgun repair any parts that look faulty.

#4 6 months ago

my fish tales did this, i pulled the sound board and found some burned diodes, and bad capacitors, just replace those and should be back to speed.

#5 6 months ago

With my experience with the system 3 sound issues... The main problem being cold solder joints... Or the ribbon cable being bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.50
$ 3.00
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.00
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
Twilight Zone Sticker Out of stock
UpKick Pinball
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 12.95
$ 9.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside