• Latest reply 4 years ago by Lathroum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0King-Pin-SCM-2 (resized).jpg
King Pin Ball Count (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lathroum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Bought a neglected Gottlieb King Pin... so I got it sorta up and running... it starts a game... but it has a weird issue... if you hit an outhole or a drop target it andvances the ball count to the next ball... originally when I got it running, it would start a game with no scoring or flippers... does anyone have a pic of the Ball Count unit and the switches on it... i think the switches on mine are not right... as in what should be open or closed... also... I think a plastic insulator that pushes two of the long leafs is missing... THANKS

#2 4 years ago

OK... so I have narrowed it down more... every time you score more than 500 points on a shot it will advance to the next ball... any ideas?

#7 4 years ago

I do not have a schematic...

checked the ball trough switch and it seems fine... it only happens on high scoring... does not happen when I manually hit the scoring units in the back box...

Mostly happens on the kickout holes and the drop targets... like every time....

#11 4 years ago

The problem happens whenever the 500 or the 5000 relays are tripped... I did this by hand...

OK... I found a score motor switch on the bottom stack where it is marked 2... every time it it activated it moves to the next ball.... is this supposed to happen? Also when I drain a ball the score motor also spins? is this correct?

#16 4 years ago

The switch I found is normally closed... I found a few other switches on the score motor that were not opening when they were supposed to... I think from it sitting so long they got used to being in one position... so I adjusted those... still no dice... so I will check every switch on the score motor and see what else I can find... When I isolated that one switch it did not advance.... I have now noticed it advances the ball any time the score motor is engaged...

#18 4 years ago

I think I got it!!!! a combination of switches not opening on the scorer reel from having sat so long and intermittent issues with the ball drain switch and the trough switch... also had a few weird slam switches... specifically the one on the coin door and the one in the back box... so they are wired shut...

Appears to be working... now to clean it up and replace bulbs... and see what I can do about the crappy back glass...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lathroum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-problem-gottlieb-king-pin?tu=Lathroum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.