(Topic ID: 104070)

Weird power supply board on a Williams Fire!

By wylcot

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wylcot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140923_102943951.jpg
IMG_20140923_102931570.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wylcot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So, there's this Williams Fire! that I bought last year...
Both upper displays would work but not the lower ones. So as I used to play on my own, it was not quite a problem, but at some point it bugged me and I decided to find out what the problem was.
And the power supply was where i started looking.
IMG_20140923_102931570.jpgIMG_20140923_102931570.jpg

And there was a weird thing that caught my eye...
IMG_20140923_102943951.jpgIMG_20140923_102943951.jpg

I'm surely not an expert, but obviously, someone decided to repair it in his own way!

So from what I can remember, I tried to test the +5V out of this board, and strangely, I got an arc and blew a fuse... And that's where I stopped, cause I got into this Dillinger Escape Plan Pinball project.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-party-smashing-machine-a-pinball-based-on-the-dillinger-escape-plan

Would you have any idea of where to start digging, or a part that I'd better change straight away (I got an order pending, so maybe i could join and save on the shipping)

#3 9 years ago

Hi Chris,

Thanks for these datas. I'll analyze them more closely as soon as i'm well awaken and back from work

As far as pictures are concerned, i assume you're talking about that project of ours. If so, you're most welcome (although i should ask my dear collaborator, but i'm pretty sure of his answer!). But you know, i just posted a little part of what's in store, so maybe you'd like to have a look and pick those you prefer...
I'll send you a message shortly.

#6 9 years ago

Oh! Did you mean these pictures of the Power Supply??!
If so, you sure can!

And for that story of display glass, i'm really amazed, because i don't think i've heard about that thing before! Do you think i can find a topic about this glass change on Pinside??

I'm gonna have a look, anyway! Thanks for the hint!!

#8 9 years ago

How great!
Turning pinball mania into a History class!
You know i'll spend my whole evenings reading things about devices i haven't got, from now on! You should be ashamed!

And even more so because from now on, my pupils will learn English by reading about machine they don't know!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wylcot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weird-power-supply-board-on-a-williams-fire?tu=wylcot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.